OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Empty TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:15 pm

MerylAkiba

Although it may seem strange, While kitbashing, I decided to take a break, and for some reason, I tried out a little experiment.
I heated a small pot of boiling water and turned the fire off. I turned off the water and place the Helmet "beak" first in the water, dunking like a donut 3 times and removed and placed it on a cutting mat. The only thing holding the duckbill are two little notches. I pressed ever so gently with a stir stick from Starbucks as in the photo.

I forgot to mention that the black part has to be pushed from the other side first using this method. The black part is a soft rubber plastic, akin to Spawn figures (I don't know the exact name of that type of plastic  No  )
Gently push, no glue is applied on the sides so start there. Press with a little force in the center. It will pop off.

Before continuing, you can remove the three screws holding the neck peg. It is easy. The plastic is soft. This will give you more room when gluing.

I cut 3/16 of a inch a evergreen scale model 0.80 x 0.80 164 strip to fit in the area between the part where it looks like it is smiling and the "chin part" of the helmet. I used superglue.

Note: use tweezers to hold the tiny pieces to glue and hold in place. I didn't, and this process took me 26 minutes. Use super glue accelerator lightly.

When the "teeth" dry, place the "duck bill" back on. There will be a "grinning" gap on the sides. You could cut the black rubber part and place it back before putting on the duck bill. I'm going to use that space fabric I used last time to hide the "grin"

I can't believe I bought a Cold Brew, drove passed the bakery and didn't get a custard empanada (pocket fruit pie) or a Marranitos (gingerbread shaped like a fat pig) pan dulce  Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Welp, gotta fix that crave.

TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Img_2312

TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Img_2310

TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Img_2311

TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Img_2313

TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Img_2315

TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Img_2314

TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Img_2316

*Wind-up talking Chopper sold at Galaxy's Edge.

2TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Empty Re: TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:54 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well... it is still a duck helmet, but I must say your new "toothed grin" (or "frown") does improve it in my eyes -- perhaps because it is a throwback to the classic design. You are really innovative with what you use and how you go about it. And that pig-shaped snack sounds delicious!

3TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Empty Re: TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:37 am

blackpool

blackpool
that's a very cool improvement! Well done!

4TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Empty Re: TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:54 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting technique. Thanks for sharing.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet C8485110

5TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Empty Re: TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:55 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I think your version of the FO trooper helmet looks better. 👍

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! TFA Star Wars Modified Helmet 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum