OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Logan's Run: Logan 5 & Jessica 6 (both head sculpts)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
ScotsCav wrote:That head sculpt is superb.  What I can't understand is, if Will can make such accurate likenesses ,why can't major manufacturers do the same with some consistency?

I think a lot of the inconsistencies come from too many “eyes” making suggestions for tweaks, etc.. When you have the sculptor, the art director, the actor, and the movie studio making decisions, it rarely works out well — see every Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill sculpt. A lot of people have an impression in their “minds” what someone is supposed to look like, and they are unable to “see” the real thing even when it’s in front of them. Not to toot my own horn, but I have a long background in illustration, and likenesses was always my strong suit. This project only had my input, and I’ve spent a lifetime studying faces and looking at the minute details. Will and I debated the idea of opening this up to others, but I nixed that idea pretty much right away. I’ve been involved in “group projects” before, and I’ve had to settle for something that only marginally resembled the person it was supposed to be, because of the inability of most people to see “truth” over “perception” — some of the suggestions I’ve seen on other projects for tweaks on a sculpt have made me scratch my head and bite my tongue in frustration. So, when it came to Logan and Jessica, Will only worked off the photos that he and I had gathered, and then followed my suggestions for changes and tweaks during the rendering process. Will’s great at laying down an awesome foundation right from the start, so most of the suggestions I made were pretty minimal.

ThePhotogsBlog

Cobratrooper11 wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:shazzdan — I agree with everything you said regarding Bond, except in my book Connery will always be the best Bond. Wink

Skywalkersaga— I wasn’t planning to do more than one figure per character, but after putting on what I have of Logan’s Sandman outfit, I’ve come to the conclusion that two versions of each would be the better option.

Guv — I have a small number of Logan casts (and I will of Jessica, too). If you or anyone else wants one, pm me. I don’t think Will’s planning to make more.

I totally agree: Sean Connery WAS, IS and WILL ALWAYS BE the best Bond, and he establishes Bond particularly in that one scene in Dr. No in which he shoots Professor Dent, with a bit of flippancy and a very cold heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YELwJtgDkO8

i love how we've gone from discussing a sci-fi classic, to discussing the greatest super spy ever. but seriously, logan looks great. can't wait to see how jessica comes out. stryker, i do agree with you, no remakes please. well, unless they can somehow follow the novel more closely. theres even several sequel novels, that could make for a series of films. that said, if the supposed LR remake is as you said, more "Modern" it will be terrible.

Good point. I don't want to see Logan's run redone ever! The original is a cult classic. Leave it be and write something new!

ThePhotogsBlog

Stryker2011 wrote:Zardoz was such a strange role for Connery. He made a lot of movies I don’t think he would have done if he hadn’t been robbed by his accountant (Sean was never all that bright, and he left a lot of important things — like his finances — in the hands of others; and it left him virtually broke at the time).

That being said, there are a lot of characters from “older” movies I’d like to see. I’m a big fan of the Ray Harryhausen Sinbad movies and Jason & the Argonauts.

Zardoz was a strange movie, period.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Zardoz was such a strange role for Connery. He made a lot of movies I don’t think he would have done if he hadn’t been robbed by his accountant (Sean was never all that bright, and he left a lot of important things — like his finances — in the hands of others; and it left him virtually broke at the time).

That being said, there are a lot of characters from “older” movies I’d like to see. I’m a big fan of the Ray Harryhausen Sinbad movies and Jason & the Argonauts.

Zardoz was a strange movie, period.  

Yeah. Connery in a red diaper and 70s sideburns was a strange look, too. But blackpool is correct that Charlotte Rampling looked good in it.

Ovy

Ovy
Looks good, that Michael York has quite the distinctive face, I think it's the nose. Neolithic Vibes.
I have never watched the movie, but just watched the trailer (which, for an 70s movie, felt a bit like watching the whole movie Wink ) I like the aesthetics, and I wonder if other filmmakers were inspired by it, Ridley Scott for example. And that cityscape would be a great place for taking photos.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy, you owe it to yourself to watch it. It’s a classic.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Logan's Run: Logan 5 & Jessica 6 (both head sculpts) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm with Ian Fleming -- Roger Moore was the most appropriate casting for Bond; but I do like Sean Connery in pretty much everything he is (from The Man Who Would be King to Indiana Jones and beyond). Zardoz was weird but fun, although his red diaper was a bit disturbing to me.

Logan's Run may be rather dated and somewhat cheesy, but still an interesting and entertaining classic that has a substantive message.

Ovy

Ovy
Thanks, I am sure I will have fun watching it, I accept those  'old aesthetics' rather fast some minutes into the movie. And cheesyness is part of the fun but it gets more 'normal' the longer I watch.

I mean, I really enjoyed Soylent Green when watching it the first time maybe 10 years ago, and this is one of those movies that really hasn't aged well. That's the problem with the future, not every movie can be a timeless Sergio Leone classic. Razz

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Ovy wrote:Thanks, I am sure I will have fun watching it, I accept those  'old aesthetics' rather fast some minutes into the movie. And cheesyness is part of the fun but it gets more 'normal' the longer I watch.

I mean, I really enjoyed Soylent Green when watching it the first time maybe 10 years ago, and this is one of those movies that really hasn't aged well. That's the problem with the future, not every movie can be a timeless Sergio Leone classic. Razz

Logan's run was hot on a very low budget; the city interiors were in fact shot in a newly built but not yet opened shopping mall. The special effects leave much to be desired at places as well. What's important however is the story line and the concept of a future world in which population is controlled by being allowed to live only until you are 30.

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Ovy wrote:Thanks, I am sure I will have fun watching it, I accept those  'old aesthetics' rather fast some minutes into the movie. And cheesyness is part of the fun but it gets more 'normal' the longer I watch.

Logan's run was hot on a very low budget; the city interiors were in fact shot in a newly built but not yet opened shopping mall. The special effects leave much to be desired at places as well. What's important however is the story line and the concept of a future world in which population is controlled by being allowed to live only until you are 30.  

agreed, great film and a great novel as i've said. really is a seriously underrated film. i usually think if the story is great, the effects could be straws and sodapop. the story is everything. also, "Soylent Green is people!" that one is a classic too. typical Charlton Heston! we need a figure of him in the omega man, and from SG. but more importantly...yes ovy, watch it and if u can find the book it's worth a read. it's alot of fun, and the world (in the movie) is kinda presented as one giant epcot center that people live in so take what you will from that.

shazzdan

shazzdan
I watched Soylent Green for the first time a few months ago. Can't believe that I hadn't seen it earlier. I watched Casablanca for the first time earlier this year too. I suppose it is never too late for the classics.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
shazzdan wrote:I watched Soylent Green for the first time a few months ago. Can't believe that I hadn't seen it earlier. I watched Casablanca for the first time earlier this year too. I suppose it is never too late for the classics.

I would not put "Soylent Green" and "Casablanca" in quite the same class, but true, it's never to late to watch a classic for the first time. There's a young guy in my office who's never seen "Bladerunner," for instance.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If anyone is interested in one of these sculpts, I've created a Sales Thread in the appropriate section. (When I get the Jessica sculpts, I'll add her as well).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:If anyone is interested in one of these sculpts, I've created a Sales Thread in the appropriate section. (When I get the Jessica sculpts, I'll add her as well).

Excellent idea, Mark. I hope it works out. Just an idea: you might want to revise the text to say "how it might look when you paint it/have it painted."

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:If anyone is interested in one of these sculpts, I've created a Sales Thread in the appropriate section. (When I get the Jessica sculpts, I'll add her as well).

Excellent idea, Mark. I hope it works out. Just an idea: you might want to revise the text to say "how it might look when you paint it/have it painted."

Good idea. Edited.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Just a heads up: When an ad is edited, it needs approval -- I think you did it the first time around, but since I just spotted it for the edited version, I did it this time. No worries, it's all good. I hope others will take advantage of this opportunity like I did. Smile

ukshaun

ukshaun
Impressive.
Will be good to see both figures when they are complete Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:Impressive.

Thanks. I have Logan in his Sandman garb finished, but I’m waiting for the Jessica sculpts to arrive (still don’t have her outfits yet - though I do have Logan’s poncho/robe — just need to get another head painted up for him).

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:
ukshaun wrote:Impressive.

Thanks. I have Logan in his Sandman garb finished, but I’m waiting for the Jessica sculpts to arrive (still don’t have her outfits yet - though I do have Logan’s poncho/robe — just need to get another head painted up for him).

It would be good to get my hands on a fully painted Jenny Agutter portrait.

ironman1188

ironman1188
Jessica!!! Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ironman1188 wrote:Jessica!!! Laughing

Last I heard (a few days ago) the sculpts were done; just waiting for them to be shipped from overseas -- but with the lockdowns everywhere, it could still be awhile.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, good luck with that! Hope it's not too terribly long before it can be shipped safely to you.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ironman1188

ironman1188
Stryker2011 wrote:

Last I heard (a few days ago) the sculpts were done; just waiting for them to be shipped from overseas -- but with the lockdowns everywhere, it could still be awhile.

I will just sit here and wait [im]patiently Very Happy

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:

I cannot wait to see the sculpts.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Any ideas on the best choice of Phicen body for J.A. ?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m using the S19B for mine.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ukshaun wrote:Any ideas on the best choice of Phicen body for J.A. ?

Judging by her body shape and height in the photo, I would would likely choose an S29B actually. I'm not saying Stryker is wrong as he actually has both figure and head sculpt; I'm just thinking that the S29 is closer to what I see in the photo.

Ephiane

Ephiane
How could i miss this Thread ? Wonderfull Idea and the York HS is amazing. Any Upgrades so far ?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The S29B is a little too busty for Jenny, who is fairly flat chested. I chose the S19B for its narrower frame, plus it matches pretty close to the World Box A012 body I’m using for Logan (Jenny and Michael were just about the same height).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum