OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

DeltaForceChung

GubernatorFan wrote:Signatures work! I finally did it! DFC, is that seductive lady going to be in each of your signatures?

--

Yep!

I'm happy to see her in her proper size greatness instead of the minuscule size elsewhere.

All of us should check out our signature and make sure it is how we want it (i.e. quip, pic, etc.).

Perfect Figure Toys

Wow......that man cave set up is nice looking.

http://www.perfectfiguretoys.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks, Raiden. And welcome aboard.

dadrab

Stryker, that is one helluva work/study/play space.

Congratulations, sir.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, dadrab. I feel pretty lucky to have it.

Did a little more work yesterday, and have all the figures off that center table. The three steel grey “legs” leaning up against the DVD shelves is for a 8’ x 2.5’ butcher block work bench that’s going to go in the back by the display cabinets. Then I’ll finally have some place to work on my figers without cluttering up my office desk.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 2 C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn, Stryker, that is an incredible space! The whole thing has a classy feel, which is not always easy to accomplish. Perfect layout, and love the library style shelves of books. One hell of a manly sanctuary.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed that is one very impressive Man-Cave!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, guys. I’m just about finished with it. When I’m done cleaning up and getting things put in there proper place I’ll take more pics.

MarkEl

Wow. What a great space, and so many interesting things there. It reminds me of the cozy vibe of old-style library. You’re lucky to have a space that reflects all your interests. Cool!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Still a WIP. Need to finalize cleaning and putting stuff away. But this is pretty much it in a nutshell. Moving around too much tends to make me ill, so it's slow going. Believe it or not, the wife helped me carry that monster butcher-block table top into the basement. Not doing too much today, not feeling well, so I decided to take a few quick pics.

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 2 85GSK0P
My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 2 PfVrRNd
My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 2 O7QBCW9
My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 2 C0Hq137
My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 2 CAMEepK
My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 2 4Bge7S0
My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 2 WQGCq7Y
My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 2 N1x9Z8K
My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 2 Na3rDFG

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great photos. Is it always that neat? I am envious (in a good way).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Neat...? Ha! I just did my best not to take pics of the areas where there is still clutter.

angryboot

Geez that's a hell of a man-cave. Mine has 1 desk, 2 mountain bikes, bunch of archery stuff and other misc kendo-related equipment piled in a corner.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I don't have a man cave.

I have a bed room, a spare room that is mostly a storage room, and an actual storage unit.

I keep a comfortable folding chair with a LED lantern and some bottled water at the storage unit.

I occasionally go to the storage unit for peace and quiet as well as solitude and being around my 1:6 needful things.

Wink Razz

One day, I'll have a worthy man cave.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Chung, it sounds like you DO have a Man-Cave... your storage unit.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn, that really is a great space. Looks like a good spot to kick back and spend some time. Any sort of sound system set up down there?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Damn, that really is a great space.  Looks like a good spot to kick back and spend some time.  Any sort of sound system set up down there?

Oddly enough, no. Music is pretty important to me, and there’s another room in the basement set aside for just that; but in the Cave I tend to prefer the quiet.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
OMG - WOW and I love the 1:1 mannequins too.

Yep I agree with GF I am envious too, I have a little I room (former bedroom) I call my project room where my main collection is.

Oh BTW I have the same two mermaid statues (the one by the light switch) from the SUMMIT COLLECTION. (yep I collect mermaid statues)

scalawag

scalawag
Thanks for the additional pics mate, and as I said before, wow what a great space. Very jealous.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Stryker2011 wrote:Chung, it sounds like you DO have a Man-Cave... your storage unit.

--

There was a sitcom YES, DEAR that addressed the subject of a man cave in a third season episode.

The lead character was forced to move all his stuff ("junk") to a storage unit and found other men who did the same in the same facility. Their units essentially became a "hang out" for the guys. Each unit was essentially a man cave.

I'm not quite there yet, but to be honest . . . I've thought about it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks fellas.

Bad Wolf — Glad to hear I’m not the only one who collects mermaids. If TBL ever made one, I’d probably go bankrupt trying to buy them all.

Chung — I’ve seen that episode (and the one from Two and a Half Men where Allen was living in a storage unit); it sounds feasible. Just before we were able to move into our new house we had to rent a temperature controlled storage unit for about three months, since we closed on the old and the new house on the same day. The guy who owned the place told us about a woman who stored her massive wine collection and books there, and she had a nice chair and reading lamp, as well. She’d spend hours, I guess, reading and sampling her wine. Sounded pretty cool to me; I just wish I could have run into her to see how it was set up.

Ephiane

Ephiane
My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 2 75d47b-1522934331

Ahh, it works . Upload Test Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ephiane! You made it! Excellent. Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing your work again.

maywong

At first I thought this was a 1/6 scale room, until I read it. LOL

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
maywong wrote:At first I thought this was a 1/6 scale room, until I read it. LOL

Can you imagine how big of a diorama that would still be if it was 1/6...

Kukolka

Kukolka
Such a cool space! Those electrical small parts bins are useful. Great to have so much room to keep your collections on display, congrats! Smile

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 2 Kukr7s10
https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Kukolka. I definitely lucked out when we found this house. My wife says I'm spoiled now, since the entire basement is mine (there's another room that I'm still working on, and a bathroom).

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
AWESOME!!! Love your work bench too! I don't have a man cave as such but I don't have a wife either so my my whole 5 bedroom house is pretty much a museum/man cave. My Mannequins are all Star Wars and Bane from TDKR with the odd 1:1 head wearing a military helmet... Place is covered in weapons too, mostly swords Laughing !

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
now thats a man cave if i ever seen one.

the dio´s one could build with such space at their disposal.... but one can still dream Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum