OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Stryker2012

Founding Father
davidd wrote:How is the "Hoarder's Nightmare" looking these days? Have you built an addition so you can get everything out and on display?

How about a photo-illustrated update on the current state of the most simultaneously inspiring and envy-inducing figure space I've ever seen? Wink

Oh, my God! If you saw it today, you'd be like "This guy needs help for his hoarding addiction!" The whole room is an absolute mess. Every surface has open boxes, figures lying everywhere, no room to actually work. My desk is cluttered with WIP stuff and things that need to be fixed, and I just don't have it in me at the moment to clean any of it up. It looks like a freaking bomb went off in a toy store. I can't even get to my book shelves, or the DVD/blu-ray library part of the room, and the plexiglass I bought for the Jabba the Hutt display is now on the "workbench" covered with a bunch of stuff as well (it needs some sanding and polishing to get rid of some scratches that it came with -- very pissed about that -- before I can put it on the viewing frame).

davidd

Stryker2012 wrote: The whole room is an absolute mess. Every surface has open boxes, figures lying everywhere, no room to actually work. My desk is cluttered with WIP stuff and things that need to be fixed, and I just don't have it in me at the moment to clean any of it up. It looks like a freaking bomb went off in a toy store. I can't even get to....

lol!   Razz  lol!

Don't worry, I'm laughing with you (before we both break down sobbing), not at you!  That sounds like the constant state of whatever my "hobby space" is at any given time, whether it be in the storage shed, or the garage, or the dining table, or the top of a nightstand, or the kitchen counter... you know.

At least you have a space in which to contain the chaos.

Or... does it find its way out to the rest of the house?

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Sounds like my office... and my storage room... and my walk-in-closet combined, but much more impressive than all of them... Smile But you know, historically, that was what these (man)caves were for ... serving as cache for treasures (and sometimes mummies)... Smile
Hey, better have it than not have it.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

cdn_rhino

Impressive room. Lots of cool stuff in there.

Same for the other rooms posted as well.

I have one small corner of my basement, and it looks like a hoarders paradise in there, full of storage totes, unopened kits, partially build/unfinished bashes, organizer bins, and ref books.... and it still looks like a bomb went off in all of that haha. Too much stuff, and not enough space.

Ephiane

Ephiane
What an impressive man cave! I even see a figure of Elvira. This reminds me of unseen pictures that I still have in my folders. scratch

Illusion

Illusion
well.... THAT was fun to look at and read through...

impressive space available...

for a very short while, I will feel better and think that I do not have THAT much stuff after all. lol!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Thanks, All. Sadly, I have probably tripled my collection since these initial photos were taken, and the entire space is a disaster that I have to carefully move thru (like a true hoarder). I really need to fine tune and curate the collection better. May need to start selling stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Man-Cave (Still a WIP) (Updated 4-4-18) - Page 4 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I feel your pain, Mark.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum