OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GeeWillikers

Here are the comparison shots as promised (these photos will obviously be teetering over the edge of NSFW, by the way).

OK, so the natural light here has been appalling lately, and getting decent shots under any conditions has been extremely difficult. So the colour difference between these three 23bs still isn't really coming across anything like as well in the photos as it does in-hand, but if you look carefully you can see it.  I've picked out an original muddy-grey tan [left], a lighter tan second edition [middle], and the quite distinct latest 'pink' edition [right]. This particular pink edition is from the latest Arhian figure by the way but I did also obtain another as a base body recently. The stockings on 'pinky' are covering some ugly indentations on the legs from it's costume, but hopefully there's enough skin on display to illustrate the differences.

So here goes:

Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  - Page 2 DSCN8277

The differences are subtle, but 'pinky' on the right has a larger, fuller butt, broader waist, and less defined back-muscle toning. More obvious in the side shots below:

Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  - Page 2 DSCN8278

Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  - Page 2 DSCN8279

Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  - Page 2 DSCN8289

And 'pinky's' waist is a little more flexible (I have two of these 'pink' editions and this is no fluke).

Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  - Page 2 DSCN8307

These are the major differences, the front of the body is more or less the same, perhaps slightly less defined like the back muscles.

It's all very subtle and most of the skintone difference is hard to capture in such poor lighting, unfortunately.

I'll pop a more detailed photo of the Arhian 'pinky' head and body in it's own respective thread for those interested.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thanks for the photo. There are some differences, but you're right, fairly subtle.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GeeWillikers

GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the photo. There are some differences, but you're right, fairly subtle.

Yeah, as I say it's hard to capture the colouring, but as discussed above the mould/build differences are probably too minimal to earn it a different model number. I am confident that these are deliberate design tweaks, however, so they should eventually overtake the older version once the older stock clears.

Diana

Wow! Thank you for those great photos!
I'm... actually not sure I like the changes... I'm not worried about the color change, but that new butt looks ridiculous to me. Looks like silicone implants.
So me thinks that's the perfect excuse to quickly go and buy another S23! Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, very helpful comparisons!

I’m with AerynDiana though , in that I’m not sure I prefer the newer version . The problem for me was never the ‘butt’, but rather the hips .... so the bubble butt doesn’t really solve that issue. :/

There was only one figure I’d ever really considered this muscle body for, so it may not be a huge issue for me personally, but it’s really good to have this here as reference , and I appreciate you taking the time to illustrate the changes , Gee.

As for the s25b, I ordered another from Giantoy and it is indeed the pinkish colour again. So I guess that is the ‘standard’ now if ordering from them directly. I don’t mind it too much myself, but again , might be an issue for others when it comes to HS matching.

Something I *am* frustrated about though is that my new s25b might have faulty arms.... or at least, I cannot get the elbows to bend??? It’s very odd. I’m not sure if this is a flaw or just me being daft and not posing it right. Anyone else deal with that?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
AerynDiana wrote:Wow! Thank you for those great photos!
I'm... actually not sure I like the changes... I'm not worried about the color change, but that new butt looks ridiculous to me. Looks like silicone implants.
So me thinks that's the perfect excuse to quickly go and buy another S23! Very Happy
skywalkersaga wrote:Yes, very helpful comparisons!
I’m with AerynDiana though , in that I’m not sure I prefer the newer version . The problem for me was never the ‘butt’, but rather the hips .... so the bubble butt doesn’t really solve that issue. :/

They are kind of odd changes I guess - the butt 'balloons out' rather than fills out naturally to the side as it also should, which does make it look a bit false, yeah. I'm just grateful to have a bit of variety amongst them though. Smile

skywalkersaga wrote:As for the s25b, I ordered another from Giantoy and it is indeed the pinkish colour again. So I guess that is the ‘standard’ now if ordering from them directly.

Possibly not for the 23b just yet, though - I'd been getting the newer variant 20/21/22/models from GianToy, but the last 23 I got was an older one. The 28 and 33 models are the newer skintone from the start, so it's not a concern with those.

skywalkersaga wrote:Something I *am* frustrated about though is that my new s25b might have faulty arms.... or at least, I cannot get the elbows to bend??? It’s very odd. I’m not sure if this is a flaw or just me being daft and not posing it right. Anyone else deal with that?

That sounds like a similar problem I had with my first 29b - it turned out the left arm was twisted the wrong way round at the shoulder joint, but underneath the skin so it appeared on the surface that it was the right way round! It was a tricky operation to correct it but with patience and care I made it. It was still stiff at the elbow though, and then a few weeks later it snapped at the shoulder (although the skin didn't break, so the arm just hangs limp now). Crying or Very sad

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers -- good to know that there are still some of the older grey suntan colour floating around out there. 

And argh, that is so awful about the arm. It really does seem like that might be the case on this one, too. On this body, BOTH the arms seem unable to properly bend at the elbow. I mean, wtf?? How can I use it if it can't bend? I wouldn't even be able to get clothing on it. And I shouldn't have to 'fix' it, and risk breaking it further, either. I wonder if GianToy would be willing to replace it? I don't have the kind of money to just throw away on a body that I can't use...  Sad

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I've mentioned this before  Smile  but I'm starting to have some serious concerns about the build quality/quality control of some of the more recent TBL bodies - even the recent Nancy In Hell figure I bought is fairly stiff in the arms (although it's better in that department than any of the other 29 bodies I've got, and my pale 28 is fine). Side by side with the older bodies like a 10 or 12 the fluidity of movement in general is markedly less smooth, I've noticed. The sole new female 32 I own moves more smoothly admittedly, but developed skin-tears within a week of purchase (they were miniscule tears that I repaired easily, granted, but they were tears all the same).

I've not had to replace anything/request a refund with them yet but GianToy seem like pretty straight players - it's worth a try.

(the 29 I have with the broken arm problem came from a different seller and by that time I'd already modded the body in other ways so couldn't return it)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sorry you've had such quality control issues. I'm admittedly a little worried about it myself, as well. I've just ordered a new s33b body and I'm excited to get it as I think it will be perfect for a particular character, but I'm also a bit nervous about how well it will hold up. 

I know you mentioned skin tears before...were those the ones that had occurred in the inner upper thigh area?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
About the only issue I’ve had with some of the recent TBL bodies HS been the skeleton under the skin. The one that has cropped up a few times is the arms facing the wrong direction — so I had to carefully rotate the arms (sometimes at the shoulder, others at the elbow) under the skin. Pain in the butt, but it worked.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Geez, sucks that it’s an issue that seems to have cropped up so much. :/

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Due to an issue I've been having, I just wanted to bring this thread up again -- within the last two months or so, I ordered three of the same model of body.... and TWO out of those three ended up having issues with the arms straight out of the box, rendering them more or less useless to me.  Namely, the elbows on both of them do not work at all, and from pinching and feeling around, it seems to me that the entire arms have been installed backwards. And yes, I did try to see if I could somehow twist them back around, but it felt like any pressure whatsoever would just break them completely, so I didn't push it. If it was an isolated incident, it would not be such a big deal -- indeed, last year I ended up with a body that had the steel inside the leg slightly twisted, but it was fairly easily fixed. That was the only time it happened, as well. But this arm thing has now happened twice in a row in a relatively short amount of time, which kinda worries me, and makes me take pause before buying more. 

Since others have mentioned arm issues cropping up a lot in general, I just wanted to bring this up. The bodies in question with the defective arms are the more recent 'reddish suntan' s25b bodies, but I am curious if this is a more widespread issue on other current tbleague bodies as well, and whether perhaps this seeming factory error could at least partially account for some arms 'breaking' a lot more easily. 

I'm actually quite down about it because I now have two s25b bodies that were intended for particular projects, which are now just uselessly sitting in their boxes since the arms cannot be posed at all. I can't afford to just 'waste' bodies like that right now. If this is a more widespread issue, then it's certainly something that tbleague needs to sort out, asap. Otherwise, as much as I like them, I won't be able to keep risking ending up with useless bodies.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Contact the seller immediately, and explain the issue — get replacements or refunds, or both — please don’t just settle for problems. If the seller has to deal with TBL to get things straightened out, they’ll have to take notice and find out where the problem lies.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?  - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, Stryker — I’m going to do my best to try to sort it out (w/ both seller and tbleague). I was just feeling upset the other day since that’s the type of seamless body I tend to use most and it was just worrying me a bit.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Update on the dysfunctional arms issue -- was able to get a partial refund, and also the seller has said that the information will be passed on to Tbleague.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum