OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Theboo-bomb

Big Chief Brando looks great!, tho I wouldn't want to see him walking towards me. 😂

skywalkersaga

I keep meaning to ask — what kind of glue(s) are you using on the hair?

Ephiane

Fantastic Job at that Character. You masterd the Hair Job in a real short time

Ovy

GubernatorFan wrote:LOL I'm loving it. Yes, the pants are a good idea... unless you're Alexander the Great. Smile And the hair is working out beautifully. He can be wet. Or sweaty. Or maybe both. Either option seems to work...
Thanks! And he may be great, but not Alexander. Very Happy

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice options on the outfit and hair. I agree, wet, or dry, looks good.
Thank you. I think it will be something between wet and dry.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Big Chief Brando looks great!, tho I wouldn't want to see him walking towards me. 😂
Thank you, and yes he's supposed to be menacing in his own charming way.

skywalkersaga wrote:I keep meaning to ask — what kind of glue(s) are you using on the hair?
I use that FabriTac glue because it was recommended somewhere. But it's a bit nasty. Normal crafting glue seems to work too. It can be easily removed when it comes in contact with the headsculpt in an area you don't want to be covered. This happens to me sometimes. I will never use superglue for rooting, that's something for the more brave like Shovelchop.

Ephiane wrote:Fantastic Job at that Character. You masterd the Hair Job in a real short time
Thanks, still a lot to learn but yes it gets easier every time.

I just messed around with faceapp, as I am thinking of rooting a beard. Free faceapp has only one standard beard:
[01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth - Page 2 Face-App-1576024577309

But the age-filter adds another beard (cool old):
[01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth - Page 2 Face-App-1576025917947

Old Bud Spencer?
[01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth - Page 2 Face-App-1576025771459

This one looks ready to appease some tyrants. Or try, at least.
[01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth - Page 2 Face-App-1576025758427

Young Marlon:
[01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth - Page 2 Face-App-1576025795976-2

[01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth - Page 2 Face-App-1576025846506

Maybe he will get this kind of beard...but less old then. Black with grey streaks maybe.
[01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth - Page 2 Face-App-1576025831318

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very interesting effects. Looking forward to seeing how this works out.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What a neat way to try out different styles!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Very interesting effects. Looking forward to seeing how this works out.
Thanks. Nothing done yet, but the year just started.

skywalkersaga wrote:What a neat way to try out different styles!
Ye, I think the idea behind that app was to try different 'styles' for oneself. So why not figures.

I got a big donation of shells for Christmas, but first the present I gifted to myself: Shark teeth. They are rather inexpensive on eBay and Amazon. Didn't know what to expect, every time I bought a pack of shells there came ideas I had never thought of before because of those interesting, unpredictable forms.

Lump of fossiled shark teeth.
[01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth - Page 2 PSX-20200102-213210

Of course I had to sort them by size and form......
[01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth - Page 2 PSX-20200102-213105

Initial idea was to make necklace pendants with those smaller shark teeth. And maybe a crown for Marlo from the bigger ones. Many many possibilities.
[01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth - Page 2 PSX-20200102-213311

Special/unique parts in the upper rows.
[01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth - Page 2 PSX-20200102-213340

I wanted some kind of Warhammer for our chief, after some experimenting I decided for those two parts to make...something heavy. Maybe I will double the shafts length.
[01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth - Page 2 PSX-20200102-213420

It's WIP, as everything.
[01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth - Page 2 PSX-20200102-213515

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, awesome!!! Those will make some incredible accessories  -- some weapons, I am guessing?

ETA: Whoops, you already mentioned some of the possibilities, I see. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really nice haul of shark teeth. Those will make some interesting additions.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool to see them organized and laid out like that. I guess it's part of your process. And judging by what you end up doing with these things, it must be worthwhile.

dadrab

dadrab
Those are going to make some killer accessories. Well done.

One passage of caution, though: Fossilized sharks' teeth are generally black due to the teeth absorbing minerals from their surroundings over millennia.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Your imagination knows no bounds. I would hate to come face to face with the beast that has such teeth both in real life and in your setting.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [01/02/20] The Mediterrans - Phase 2, The Big Chief - shark teeth - Page 2 1f60e

BAMComix

BAMComix
Another stunning creation! the added hair is a great touch too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum