OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 - Roqi summer shooting

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Ovy

Ovy
The last Mediterran! For this year, at least. No more are planned yet.

As mentioned in the 'Big Chief' thread, he has an influential Firstborn, with good connections to many of the dozens of other Mediterran Clans.
They call her Roqi.
With even more ambition and plans than her father, she is trying to connect and unite all those small clans into a powerful state or kingdom, a project her father has started but will never be finished in his lifetime. While there are still many who mistrust her father, as he rose to power through combat and strength, she is much more accepted. Since she has been a little girl, she has charmed her way into the hearts and minds of the other clan leaders and their children, many of whom will be chieftains themselves one day.
For her exquisite tastes in fashion and jewelry, she visits artisans from many different clans.  She picked Jordi for her next birthday, to make a fancy gorget.

I was searching for a fitting head quite some time, nearly ordered a Michelle Rodriguez, but the sculpt seemed very joyless and annoyed somehow. Then I took a look at the Ruby Rose head my fantasy soldier uses.  Quite cool when you hold some black hair at the forehead. I then got a Chinese knock-off. The China knock-off is a bit smaller and has another color than the original one, both better fitting the s33 I use.

Not a fan of painted on eye lashes, they look more like something from Clockwork Orange. So now she got some black paint and normalized lips. The upper two photos are closer to reality, the rest looks yellow because evening+lamp. Hair rooting will be a bit more complicated, next year maybe.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191213-160102

The s33 - because I wanted to try it and the dancer/superstar theme fits her better than one of the more muscular bodies. While she is quite an active person, she is no Jordi or Valzenka who are on the Mediterran power workout all day (dive, swim, kill giant crabs, sharks and mutant shellfish, eat those beasts every day etc)
She is more of an elegant, tall figure.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191213-161257

Simple 'Muay Thai' wrapping or how you would call it.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191213-161804

It's just a long piece of cloth (sock again) but a bit more shiny/silky looking than the average Mediterran.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191213-164040

Maybe something like that as an additional layer of clothing later.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191213-175421

Underboob version. Notice the loose ends dangling from her back, they can be used for a second layer.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191213-183334

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191213-183355

And with the second layer wrapped around.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191213-183903

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191213-183528

That's just the base, many options of fancy looking necklaces, pearl curtains, shiny shell pieces, elegant masks, pearls in hair etc.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191213-183625

Roqi is her nickname, as her full name is supposed to be more complicated. Some ideas:

Roquemassa

Roquessa

Roquvessa

Roquinzencia

Roquincita

Roquemazh

Roquezinha

Roquezhma

Roquamarca

Roquemarcia

Roqmalika

Roqadiresh

Roqaziyadi

Roqaziyadhe

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting looking character. You’ve made a good beginning on her clothing style.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looks great! Excellent job on the characterization and backstory, as always. You improved the paintjob on that one a lot, well done. Sometimes painted eyelashes look ok, but they have to be super fine and subtle, so you made the right call with the smokey black makeup. 

And you've convinced me to finally get one of those s33b's! I've been vacillating for a while now, but based on your pics it will be perfect for a planned figure. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looks great, someone will charm her way to power then stab a few people, just another day in the kingdom (I guess). I agree with the painted on eyelashes, I remember dealing with a head that had them and I wondered WHY, they never look good and just look like weird make up.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting 1f60e

GregT

color me charmed, captivated even....
all your characters pull the viewer into their world, then your storytelling explains it all.
(every time I read Children of the Monsters, I think you should turn this whole thing into a graphic novel).
I like the name Roquessa. and again, wonderful talent you have.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
How about Roquemberga, Roquenildis, Roquenilla, or Enroquetta (all of them employing your root of choice and actually embedding it in real regional names -- royalty at that)?

Anyway, she does look like a cross between a power-hungry leader and a rock star, or at least a pop star, and I think the look fits very well with where you're going. Doubtless she will load up on shore-bling and you will spend plenty of time working out the exquisite details. I also foresee trouble at home for Jordi and his bit of love, once this one gets to know him... Smile

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:Interesting looking character. You’ve made a good beginning on her clothing style.
Thanks a lot!

skywalkersaga wrote:Looks great! Excellent job on the characterization and backstory, as always. You improved the paintjob on that one a lot, well done. Sometimes painted eyelashes look ok, but they have to be super fine and subtle, so you made the right call with the smokey black makeup. 

And you've convinced me to finally get one of those s33b's! I've been vacillating for a while now, but based on your pics it will be perfect for a planned figure. Smile
Thanks a lot! And yep, I think she put that smokey lines there with coal from the campfire.
And yes, it's a good body, until now I have had no problems with it! Sturdier joints than the s28. And you are making Ventress, right?

Theboo-bomb wrote:Looks great, someone will charm her way to power then stab a few people, just another day in the kingdom (I guess). I agree with the painted on eyelashes, I remember dealing with a head that had them and I wondered WHY, they never look good and just look like weird make up.
Thanks! Yes, I guess I will conceal every kind of overdone eyelashes.

GregT wrote:color me charmed, captivated even....
all your characters pull the viewer into their world, then your storytelling explains it all.
(every time I read Children of the Monsters, I think you should turn this whole thing into a graphic novel).
I like the name Roquessa. and again, wonderful talent you have.
Wow, very nice of you, thanks. Don't know about the Graphic novel, would be cool but also be very hard work/be quite expensive. But the story keeps on developing in my head, at least. Not sure yet about Roqis full name, but it will have at least two s I guess.

GubernatorFan wrote:How about Roquemberga, Roquenildis, Roquenilla, or Enroquetta (all of them employing your root of choice and actually embedding it in real regional names -- royalty at that)?

Anyway, she does look like a cross between a power-hungry leader and a rock star, or at least a pop star, and I think the look fits very well with where you're going. Doubtless she will load up on shore-bling and you will spend plenty of time working out the exquisite details. I also foresee trouble at home for Jordi and his bit of love, once this one gets to know him... Smile
Thanks a lot! Shore bling is a great word. Yeah she is some kind of a Roqstar, the Youth wants to have her style. Well, and Capraias Grandfather was usurped by Roqis dad, her brother holds a grudge, so...naaaah, no problems at all, they are all adults! Wink)

Thanks again for thinking of names. Could you elaborate a bit? Berga for Catalonia, ildis for Greece, illa for Spain, enroquetta for the Bretagne?

Well, I made...a bikini bottom. It was much more work than it might seem. The shiny fabric is very devilish, it turns itself into rolls and shrinks, unlike the other fabrics I used. I also put some pearls in there because pearls.

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191217-002845

The backside is a very prominent...asset of this body, unlike the s23 for example. So she has to show off a bit, sorry.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191217-002904

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191217-002930

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191217-002954

Reworking on the pants...they are just 'tubes' held in place with strings, don't know yet if to glue or sew.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191217-003027

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191217-003052

Also, a little 'non-canon' joke: With an Avtomat Cannon. These are cheap model kits, actually bought for my African Project. All guns are dead, but the Avtomat is still a symbol of power and ritual weapon after hundreds of years, although the spirits of fire left them.Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191217-002727

Gangsta.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191217-002806

Anyway, here s little Jordi/Roqi photostory if you have not seen:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2483-heartshell-a-mediterran-photo-story-picture-heavy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks great with her pearl bikini and Jordi's blade. I do hope you continue working on her outfit and get around to giving her some additional shore bling to elaborate it and make her appear a bit more queen bee.

Let's see... the added roots are all Frankish or Latin in origin and ended up being used throughout the western Mediterranean from Gaul into the Iberian Peninsula to Italy.
Roquemberga cf Ermenberga, Angilberga, Engelberga, Theutberga, Gerberga (Frankish and Lombard/Italian queens)
Roquenildis cf -hildis (German -hild) as in Brunehildis (a Visigothic princess, queen of the Franks), Chrodochildis, Nantechildis, Bathildis, Landechildis, Theodechildis, Bilichildis, etc.
Roquenilla cf Petronilla (a queen of Aragon)
Enroquetta cf Enrichetta/Henrichette/Enriqueta < Enrique (not just Ricardo) can be Ricky, so ... I thought that could be Roqi-

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks a lot! And yep, I think she put that smokey lines there with coal from the campfire.
And yes, it's a good body, until now I have had no problems with it! Sturdier joints than the s28. And you are making Ventress, right?

Good to know about the joints! And yes, I am making a Ventress, though I am also hopefully making several other additional characters .... eventually! As in, once I can afford the rest of the supplies. ;p 

Really enjoying these additions to your 'verse....that backstory about the machine gun now abandoned by its 'fire spirits' is great!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Seems like some things never change, like people with power posing with AK's. 😁

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting 1f60e

PitViper

PitViper
Cool figure.

I do have a question for you: could you use this knockoff head on a different, non-seamless body?  What type of neck connector do you need for it?

I'd like to use this head for a figure based on actress Alin Sumarwata as Lance Corporal Gracie Novin from the Cinemax series "Strike Back".
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting Alin_s11

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:She looks great with her pearl bikini and Jordi's blade. I do hope you continue working on her outfit and get around to giving her some additional shore bling to elaborate it and make her appear a bit more queen bee.

Let's see... the added roots are all Frankish or Latin in origin and ended up being used throughout the western Mediterranean from Gaul into the Iberian Peninsula to Italy.
Roquemberga cf Ermenberga, Angilberga, Engelberga, Theutberga, Gerberga (Frankish and Lombard/Italian queens)
Roquenildis cf -hildis (German -hild) as in Brunehildis (a Visigothic princess, queen of the Franks), Chrodochildis, Nantechildis, Bathildis, Landechildis, Theodechildis, Bilichildis, etc.
Roquenilla cf Petronilla (a queen of Aragon)
Enroquetta cf Enrichetta/Henrichette/Enriqueta < Enrique (not just Ricardo) can be Ricky, so ... I thought that could be Roqi-
Don't worry, I will add a lot of shell bling stuff. Thanks for the elaborations on the names.

skywalkersaga wrote:

Good to know about the joints! And yes, I am making a Ventress, though I am also hopefully making several other additional characters .... eventually! As in, once I can afford the rest of the supplies. ;p 

Really enjoying these additions to your 'verse....that backstory about the machine gun now abandoned by its 'fire spirits' is great!
Hah, sounds interesting! I guess you don't have to paint her grey as she is wrapped in mummy wrappings anyway?

Theboo-bomb wrote:Seems like some things never change, like people with power posing with AK's. 😁
Thanks, I think the silhouette of the AK-47 is already one of the most powerful modern symbols, replacing old symbols like the sword and the spear for example.
It can be associated with power, freedom, rebellion, terror, oppression, strength, etc.

Here some inspirational photos. I imagine to paint the AKs colorful and put a lot of beads/wrappings/etc. On them.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting Mursi-krieger-stehend-in-traditioneller-tracht-mit-ak47-gewehren-jinka-omo-tal-athiopien-afrika-c7ytxx

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting 57ec79320b496ef332b86d2129e23ed5

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting D11a890246027a2b526e0b05ff2f1475

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting 68b03a9ed0e60cf19e4b64fb28e2a716

Ok, this one is art and no real life here, but very impressive:
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting Https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F140312084619-picture22

But that's a project for another time/theme

PitViper wrote:Cool figure.

I do have a question for you: could you use this knockoff head on a different, non-seamless body?  What type of neck connector do you need for it?

I'd like to use this head for a figure based on actress Alin Sumarwata as Lance Corporal Gracie Novin from the Cinemax series "Strike Back".
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting Alin_s11

Thanks a lot. Very badass looking fighter, I think the headsculpt will work great with it.

It's just a big hole  there on the head's underside, with it came a cylindrical peg for a ball joint, I think it will work for most ballpoint necks.  I didn't glue the peg into the head, a layer of cloth is enough for now.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191219-001932

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191219-001950

Here some WIP pics of the heart shell gorget.Completely broke into pieces, hah.
But I made that a long time ago before the photostory (that was another shell), it's glued and working now, more pictures at another opportunity.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX_20191213_155501

PitViper

PitViper
Thanks so much, that picture is actually quite helpful. I've already put a bid on for the head, and I agree with you in that should look great on my planned figure.

Ovy

Ovy
PitViper wrote:Thanks so much, that picture is actually quite helpful.  I've already put a bid on for the head, and I agree with you in that should look great on my planned figure.

Great, looking forward to that character!

Well, regarding the head and the sculpted hair, I had to make a big decision. (Well I could just order another cheap head anytime, but that sounds less dramatic.)

(If it was that easy with sculpted hair!)

It's a complicated hairstyle from the beginning and I had to do a lot of thinking.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191220-025904

I decided to leave the short sides there. My first brain surgery.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191220-030025

Of course she has to get black hair, like her dad, the unnamed Marlon Brando character.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191220-030224

So many flakes. So sad.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191220-030401

I am all for short female hairstyles and would rather replace traditional long hairstyles with stylish short hair. But I am SUBVERTING EXPECTATIONS here. So she gets long hair.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191220-030448

I wet the loose hairstrands with water BEFORE attaching them. Made everything a lot easier and less messy (still messy)
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191220-030551

I still have to do a lot of tweaks there. There are strands combed back, like Marlon, and strands falling over her face.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191220-030746

I imagined an assymetrical looking style some time ago. Had some confidence, since I have already done something similar ...but have not yet shown! (Other character, newish faction)
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191220-030846

Little bright blue accent pearls, haven't used those yet. Looking royal to me. Lapis lazuli? Or maybe old blue blastic bottle caps.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191220-031030

Still looks s bit puffy as it dried, and some color rubbed of from the face. And some bald spots and visible glue.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191220-031107

But that's manageable another day. Me tired now.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20191220-030940

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Love the new hair style — so cool. And I like the new accents (pearls) you’ve given her.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That seemed like a risky move, but it has worked out very nicely so far.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Somehow I missed this entire hair-rooting update! Sorry about that! :O 

I really like this longer hairstyle! She looks gorgeous with it. It's still in keeping with your aesthetic, but at the same time makes a nice change from some of your other female figures' shorter styles. I'm biased though as I have long hair myself and have always been partial to it. Wink

Diana

Diana
Oh this is exciting! Only just saw this. I’m looking forward to the next update! Smile

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Butts!!! Sorry, working on regaining my composure. So much to love about this figure, but saw that shot and a deep and profound love of butts welled up and over took me. Had to get that out of my system.

Love the whole character look. You always have such interesting textures and materials, and all of your designs feel so fresh and interesting every time I see them. In love with all the incarnations of her outfit. The head looks awesome with the long hair, and the whole beach aesthetic is mesmerizing. Riveted as always.

Ovy

Ovy
Uuuh, millions of....seconds have passed since the last update.

Thanks guys. And happy new year? xD

It's so warm here at the moment, holiday time, so it fits I worked on the Mediterrans again. Still much work to do with the chief and Roqi, some minor updates and a summer shooting.

I replaced the fabric, it always rolled itself up on the ends.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200812-233003

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200812-233121

It can be tucked into the fabric belt.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200812-234529

The hair can be tucked behind the ear, have to make earrings. Or ear teeth.
Painted the eyes brown btw, the blue ones where so cold.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200812-234115

Find the star fish.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200812-234914

But the actual update, a ring around the neck to hold the cloth, it's a segment of those hat like shells.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200813-001408

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200813-001609

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200813-002021

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200813-002518

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200813-003123

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200813-003747

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200813-004620

Split version.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200813-013630

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200813-014002

Even splitter version.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200813-000752

Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200813-001139

Enjoy summer, just like the Mediterrans do. They enjoy everything while they can. Giant crabs and mutant mega sharks are out there.
Roqi - [8/13] The Mediterrans 2.0 -  Roqi summer shooting PSX-20200813-020217

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Spectacular and phenomenal. She's better than ever and has surpassed the professional models of a bygone age. Your improvements are excellent. But you may have gotten carried away, because now you ought to design and make those giant crabs and mutant mega sharks you mentioned! Smile

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Your lady looks amazing!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She looks great. I like the "splitter version" -- very classic Pin-Up style. And I agree with the Guv, we need to see some giant crabs and mega sharks!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I personally like "Roquessa."

Diana

Diana
Beautiful shots! And quite amazing what you made out of that sculpt. It's hardly recognizable!
As for her name... I like Roquemaseyata [Ro-kay-ma-say-a-tah]. That's a mouthful. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum