OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Empty An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Thu May 07, 2020 2:50 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
As this morning was forecast to be last nice morning (or day) for the next few days, and as my vacation is over on Monday, I decided not to waste it and go shoot a few more photos of a couple of my figures.  Though I had another story planned, I decided to wait a while to shoot that, in the hopes of being able to prepare for it better, so what you see here, are just images of figures being posed with a few given Photoshop special effects.  

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos 49868592388_08a5b8a43d_cAlexis Nihon Park Shoot 2_0039-3 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos 49866964283_2726a6e09a_cAlexis Nihon Park Shoot 2_0053 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos 49867810132_5082f4d1c3_cAlexis Nihon Park Shoot 2_0068 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos 49868679316_3f2459d13a_cPull by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos 49868148928_a43dce9b34_cBlam, Blam by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos 49866963078_8afeba48ac_cAlexis Nihon Park Shoot 2_0111 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos 49867498996_7bb3a168d6_cAlexis Nihon Park Shoot 2_0133 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos 49867498331_1e3b3df2e0_cAlexis Nihon Park Shoot 2_0164 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos 49868983682_a5d7296c71_cEve of Destruction by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos 49867808037_b3829349db_cAlexis Nihon Park Shoot 2_0174 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos 49867807707_3bbfa72cdf_cAlexis Nihon Park Shoot 2_0193 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos 49866961068_3f711aec3a_cAlexis Nihon Park Shoot 2_0215 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos 49866960868_0f572e0539_cAlexis Nihon Park Shoot 2_0235 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos 49868141128_ff22a6bca6_cDefCon1 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

That's it!  I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed shooting them. As Murphy's luck would have it, just as I was getting home following the shoot and a check of my mailbox revealed the delivery of the third of seven orders I had with Monkey Depot in the last five weeks, and everything in the envelope is something I would have used in the shoot. Ou well....next time.

As always, please feel free to comment on the images.

2An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Empty Re: An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Fri May 08, 2020 1:44 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ah, there is always next time -- hopefully. You managed to make a whole bunch of really nice outdoors shots here.

3An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Empty Re: An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Fri May 08, 2020 1:55 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:Ah, there is always next time -- hopefully. You managed to make a whole bunch of really nice outdoors shots here.

Thanks. I wasn't trying for anything special; just working the poses. Captions came later. Also I wanted to use the "Heidi" figure which I've much neglected in the shoots and recently changed costumes to the denim shirt and shorts. Next for her will be a western hat. I'm torn between making her a farm girl / rancher type or a bounty hunter. Maybe even an outlaw?

4An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Empty Re: An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Fri May 08, 2020 9:24 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice shots. There are quite a few that came off as real people. Looks like you had some fun.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos C8485110

5An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Empty Re: An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Fri May 08, 2020 9:43 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice shots. There are quite a few that came off as real people. Looks like you had some fun.

Thanks. It's like anything else in photography, at least for me, the real fun comes in the post-production part after the shoot where the finished product is created. This being said, every outdoor shoot I do helps me refine my technique somewhat and is usually an improvement over the previous shoot. It isn't like I've never shot photos outdoors before, but not on this scale. To boot, the models were real women, did not fall over at the slightest bit of wind, and I often had an assistant, so this is new in some ways, Wink

In short, shooting outdoors is a pain, but offers possibilities that shooting indoors does not: ready-made sets (If you can control the disparity of scales somewhat), beautiful natural light, and depth to the scene, which is difficult to achieve indoors.

6An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Empty Re: An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Fri May 08, 2020 12:41 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
These are excellent -- nice location, the girls are looking good, and the shooting poses are great. You definitely made the most of your outdoor excursion.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Empty Re: An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Fri May 08, 2020 12:47 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:These are excellent -- nice location, the girls are looking good, and the shooting poses are great. You definitely made the most of your outdoor excursion.

Thanks. I've refined my technique such as to make it as easy as possible. I was thinking of making a post on how to prepare for an outdoor shoot to get the maximum of it.

8An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Empty Re: An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Fri May 08, 2020 12:56 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:These are excellent -- nice location, the girls are looking good, and the shooting poses are great. You definitely made the most of your outdoor excursion.

Thanks.  I've refined my technique such as to make it as easy as possible. I was thinking of making a post on how to prepare for an outdoor shoot to get the maximum of it.  

That's a great idea and I'm sure would be very helpful to people, especially during these times when outdoor trips often have to be carefully planned.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

9An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Empty Re: An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Fri May 08, 2020 1:05 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Thanks.  I've refined my technique such as to make it as easy as possible. I was thinking of making a post on how to prepare for an outdoor shoot to get the maximum of it.  

That's a great idea and I'm sure would be very helpful to people, especially during these times when outdoor trips  often have to be carefully planned.

I think I might just do that.

10An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Empty Re: An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Fri May 08, 2020 6:24 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Very nice, outside shots are always nice.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos 1f60e

11An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Empty Re: An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Fri May 08, 2020 6:38 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Theboo-bomb wrote:Very nice, outside shots are always nice.

Thanks. They are a lot of trouble in some ways, but if you are able to somehow minimize the discrepancies in scale, then they can be highly rewarding.  These were shot in a park about a mile from where I live.

On a side note, one of our previous discussions has encouraged me to kit bash (in the near future) a Latin American dictator type to be a villain in one of Kamiko's Adventures. It will be a fictional country mind-you, with a fictional army. I'm thinking that while the army might be largely equipped with American and other western-style field gear and weapons, the presidential guard might still wear M35 stalhelms as a distinction.

12An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Empty Re: An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Wed May 20, 2020 9:23 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Excellent photos as always. Laura just comes across as adorable, and Heidi looks like a badass. Always enjoy seeing your work!

13An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Empty Re: An Hour at the Park Shooting Photos Thu May 21, 2020 12:08 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ReverendSpooky wrote:Excellent photos as always.  Laura just comes across as adorable, and Heidi looks like a badass.  Always enjoy seeing your work!

Thanks dude.  Yeah, the SD head sculpt I use for Laura is so adorable that I bought another version of it; the one with shorter, platinum blonde hair to be her previously mentioned sister.

Kamiko has also been very busy....

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2846-a-conversation-with-kamiko-aka-an-exercise-in-futility-picture-essay?highlight=Kamiko

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum