OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stable/Poseable shoes for Phicen/TBLeague ladies

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Diana

Diana
Hello all,

I am always on the lookout for shoes that will allow me to pose my Phicen/TBLeague ladies freely without stand. As I am getting bored with using the same boots for all of them, or getting disappointed with purchases, I would like to invite you to share your recommendations with photo and google information.

I would like to think that all Phicen/TBLeague shoes are as good as the following, but I actually don't know! How about the high heeled shoes? Are they stable?

Here we go:

TBLeague Painkiller Jane
TBLeague Van Helsing
TBLeague Nancy from Hell

Stable/Poseable shoes for Phicen/TBLeague ladies Tbl_na10
Stable/Poseable shoes for Phicen/TBLeague ladies Tbl_pa10
Stable/Poseable shoes for Phicen/TBLeague ladies Tbl_va10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for making this thread! I wish I could help more, but I am somewhat in the same boat. The only other ones I know of tend to be either a) the empty feet 'cloth' footwear, so that the tbleague can put their feet directly inside and use the balance of the actual tbleague body itself to stand, or b) the all-plastic and/or rubber boots [with either empty feet or foot peg inside] that allow figures to stand upright on their own, but may or may not have the greatest ankle articulation. 

My only experience with female 1/6 footwear so far is with boots, as I haven't yet needed to use high heels or any other kind of shoes on my figures. Will be curious to know what others recommend, though!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for making this thread! I wish I could help more, but I am somewhat in the same boat. The only other ones I know of tend to be either a) the empty feet 'cloth' footwear, so that the tbleague can put their feet directly inside and use the balance of the actual tbleague body itself to stand, or b) the all-plastic and/or rubber boots [with either empty feet or foot peg inside] that allow figures to stand upright on their own, but may or may not have the greatest ankle articulation. 

My only experience with female 1/6 footwear so far is with boots, as I haven't yet needed to use high heels or any other kind of shoes on my figures. Will be curious to know what others recommend, though!

Well hollow cloth shoes is good advice! Thank you! I don't like the stiff plastic shoes since they limit movement too much. I do have two pairs of hollow cloth shoes, but they are both heeled and not stable at all. -.-
But I can imagine flats to work well.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I know I've had pretty bad luck with female shoes in 1/6 scale, especially the high-heeled variety (which are the vast majority). They often fit imperfectly, which adds to the inherent difficulty of having the figures stand unaided.

Ovy

Ovy
The only ones I can completely recommend are the ones you posted already (Jane). I think what makes them so great at stability is the heavy metal sole in combination with a good support from the leathery fabric and a fitting joint.

Not impressed with rubber stuff either.

When it comes to crafting or upgrading shoes, I wonder how to achieve best stability. As much weight as possible added to the soles is most  important I think, followed by good ankle support. Do you think something should be done against sliding, too? Thinking of adding leather or raw rubber, or spraying on something.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This thread made me go have a look at some of my figures ....and I ended up cutting up a pair of expensive 'cloth' faux leather boots to try to make them look less bulky on the foot. Not sure if it's gonna work yet or if I just ruined them for no reason, but we'll see. Will have to wait til morning and daylight to work on them any further...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The Steampunk Red Sonja boots work great, as well. Also, I've gotten some of the hollow rubber Kumik ankle boots that also work okay.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Stable/Poseable shoes for Phicen/TBLeague ladies C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Been wanting those Steampunk Red Sonja boots for a while, hope I can get them soon!

One type of boot that I'm actually really annoyed with atm are those KO Scarlet Witch boots. They don't seem like they will work at all for the figures I had planned to use them for, since I am using the smaller tbleague bodies, and the pegs just won't fit. I tried to use some kind of tape to wrap around the pegs to make them wider, but they just don't seem to get any balance at all. Guess those boots are only meant for Hot Toys or HT knock off type bodies. So frustrating... :/

Diana

Diana
I am really frustrated with the GTToys Explorer boots. They fall off all the time. I haven't tried the blu tack trick, but I shouldn't have to.

BUT! BIG NEWS!!! I got a 3D printer yesterday!!! affraid

So... I'll start experimenting soon! Will keep you in the loop of any successes!
I'm thinking of printing a base, if possible leaving the heel hollow to fill with lead, and then gluing the actual shoe style fabric on top...

@Ovy: hm... never had any problems with sliding, but worth considering nevertheless!

Oh this will be fun!

@skywalkersaga: curious to find out how it goes!
@Stryker2011: Steampunk Sonja and hollow Kumik ankle boots: Check! Are Steampunk Sonja boots a little flexible? They look like plastic, which is why I'm asking...

Thank you!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ll double check the Steampunk Sonja boots when I get home — I honestly can’t remember. I using them for a completely different character, and all I can remember is I had her in an action pose without a stand for a couple weeks with no toppling over issues.

EDIT: Steampunk Sonja’s boots are hard plastic — no ankle articulation at all.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wondering if anyone knows of any decent and not too insanely expensive 'over the knee' or 'thigh high' plain tall black boots w/ foot pegs inside, that allow figures to stand in them? I'm thinking something akin to Lady Death's boots, in terms of the leg part. I've seen some, but the problem I have is that all the ones like that seem to have spike heels, whereas I'm looking for something that's more solid in the foot/sole area. 

Obviously, right now is probably not a great time to be searching on ebay, since barely anything is actually showing up atm. But thought I'd ask if anyone recalled any like this for future reference.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Wondering if anyone knows of any decent and not too insanely expensive 'over the knee' or 'thigh high' plain tall black boots w/ foot pegs inside, that allow figures to stand in them? I'm thinking something akin to Lady Death's boots, in terms of the leg part. I've seen some, but the problem I have is that all the ones like that seem to have spike heels, whereas I'm looking for something that's more solid in the foot/sole area. 

Obviously, right now is probably not a great time to be searching on ebay, since barely anything is actually showing up atm. But thought I'd ask if anyone recalled any like this for future reference.

I thought I found you some, but they turned out to be 1:1 scale. What part of sixth scale don't the search engines get! Grrr... Anyway, this type of footwear generally appears to come with spike heels, at least what I see available for our scale.

Here are some other long ones, though probably not long enough for your purposes:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32915418919.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pairs-1-6-Scale-Womens-Black-Long-Boots-Shoes-for-12-Hot-Toys-Figure/232597908204?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D5cf0dcb75e2243d3af6e1dc491948e8b%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dco%26sd%3D232586873963%26itm%3D232597908204%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

You might get away with a boot that is not for a foot peg -- either stuff it with something, or stick a foot that your foot peg will fit into inside it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha, I had the same problem, GF! I guess it's just because of the Chinese holiday at the moment, none of the usual stuff is showing up. 

I actually used to have some black suede 1:1 boots like that, years ago... used to wear them to metal gigs sometimes. 

But yeah, it's not a huge deal, nor is it urgent that I find some. But it was one of those things I feel like I've seen before, but maybe I'm just imagining it! ;p

ETA: Come to think of it, I guess if there were some in a different colour, that would work too, since I could always paint them.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
All the ones I’ve seen have high heels. Do an eBay search for “1/6 scale female boots” and you should see a few options.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Of course -- dare I suggest it -- you could buy a pair with spike heels, then fill in the space between the heels and the lower front part of the soles with green stuff, and paint that (or the whole sole-heel part, for added uniformity). Smile I mean, if you really really need that and there is no other option.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha, yeah, that is definitely a good suggestion as well. Like I said, there's no rush. 

Oh, I just remembered...I think the Super Duck Nier Automata sets come with boots like that, too. Maybe could find some parted out.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
As a rule I stick with boots and trainers, but as far as high heels are concerned, I've bought about three pairs of these (the chunkier open-toed ones) in different colours for my ladies and they're pleasingly stable with TBL bodies 12 and up:

Stable/Poseable shoes for Phicen/TBLeague ladies HTB17YsniBLoK1RjSZFuq6xn0XXa9

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32946197561.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.21ac3c00WtwbHu

The last run of Flirty Girls 'stripper heels' are a tight and clumsy fit, but with a bit of effort to balance them they're also surprisingly stable.

Stable/Poseable shoes for Phicen/TBLeague ladies S-l1600

I've also found that after a brief struggle to squeeze them onto the foot pegs, the high-heeled Deadpool boots work fine with TBL bodies, and remarkably the feet don't look disproportionately big, either.

Stable/Poseable shoes for Phicen/TBLeague ladies S-l1600

As for earlier TBL or Jiaou bodies, I've never found any high-heeled footwear to be entirely successful with them, certainly not in terms of helping them stand unaided.

EDIT: Oh and of course, the TBL Vampirella boots I got loose the other day are pretty damn cool. Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
GubernatorFan wrote:Of course -- dare I suggest it -- you could buy a pair with spike heels, then fill in the space between the heels and the lower front part of the soles with green stuff, and paint that (or the whole sole-heel part, for added uniformity). Smile I mean, if you really really need that and there is no other option.

Someone was selling some 1/6 'wedge' heels on ebay that I quite liked the look of, but I lost the link. Crying or Very sad

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for those rec's, GeeW! And yeah, I'd also thought about just using wedge *shoes* alongside some thigh-high stockings or something like that. Would probably give the impression at least.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Found the link for those wedge shoes:
Stable/Poseable shoes for Phicen/TBLeague ladies S-l500

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASTOYS-1-6-AS046-Female-Sandals-Slippers-High-heeled-Shoes-Model-No-Feet/153686343741?var=453702079957

They're sandals technically, and look a tad more plastic-y than I remember but I think they're the ones. Dunno anything about fit, stability or how they look in-hand, though.

The most important thing for me regarding shoes/boots (any clothing, to be honest) is that they don't permanently mark or stain the body, so while a lot of TBL footwear that contacts the legs looks fine, they mostly fail one or both of those two tests.

The two main exceptions I've personally found are the Nancy in Hell boots and the Gonzalez version Vampirella boots. I've had the Vampirella boots on an S19 body for a week or so now and I'm happy to report that so far I'm experiencing neither staining or marking, with the added bonus that they were really easy to get onto the (admittedly slim S19) legs. Another bonus is that the soft pleather (?) rolls down to adjust the height if desired, so long as you don't mind a visible 'roll' or 'top' to the boot. The material will probably wear with time and use, but I'll cross that (foot)bridge when I get to it.

Delanie

Delanie
My problem with some of the shoes/boots shown is the thickness of the soles, being tall myself probably in the range of some of my 'girls' (I'm 5'10" btw) I would much prefer heeled shoes with flat soles.

I would also suggest that my 'raven' figure (no tomorrow) is capable of standing on her own so those boots might be usable

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for all the additional suggestions, GeeW. I'm adding some of  those to my list for sure. 

And Delanie, yeah of course, if height is a concern in terms of the figure being too tall next to other figures, then some of the higher heel footwear is not ideal. That's why I was also trying some of the empty foot type of footwear -- assuming the feet fit inside and the empty foot shoe or boot is not too stiff around the ankle, a tbleague figure ought to be able to stand on its own in those, since they can stand on their own bare-footed, obviously. 

Re: the various tbleague boots that allow for nicely weighted standing, here's another type, albeit probably harder to come by now -- the Ahrian Huntress[?] boots: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Scale-Phicen-TBLeague-Sexy-Female-Arhian-Brown-Leather-Fur-Top-Boots/254490724653?hash=item3b40d4492d:g:GNwAAOSw0AxZjXeQ

Just like the Nancy in Hell and Painkiller Jane type boots, those let the figure stand just perfect without any other support. Obviously, they are a rather specific style and of limited use due to the fur on top, though I'm currently attempting to mod a pair of those to make them more usable.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Delanie wrote:My problem with some of the shoes/boots shown is the thickness of the soles, being tall myself probably in the range of some of my 'girls' (I'm 5'10" btw) I would much prefer heeled shoes with flat soles.

Yeah exactly, and it would also be great to just see some 'ordinary', simple flat flats that weren't clunky trainers to try and bring the height on some of these figures down. For the most part these are supposed to be action figures, after all. Sadly something tells me it's a wish that might go unfulfilled, though. Just look at these crazy-ass insane monstrosities I just discovered:

Stable/Poseable shoes for Phicen/TBLeague ladies H98bc6343bbb44230b8161f7ec24975ffz

Shocked

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:Re: the various tbleague boots that allow for nicely weighted standing, here's another type, albeit probably harder to come by now -- the Ahrian Huntress[?] boots: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-Scale-Phicen-TBLeague-Sexy-Female-Arhian-Brown-Leather-Fur-Top-Boots/254490724653?hash=item3b40d4492d:g:GNwAAOSw0AxZjXeQ

Just like the Nancy in Hell and Painkiller Jane type boots, those let the figure stand just perfect without any other support. Obviously, they are a rather specific style and of limited use due to the fur on top, though I'm currently attempting to mod a pair of those to make them more usable.

Yeah, I think those are the Head Huntress boots. Avoid the City Of Horrors boots - they may look nice, but the Arhian CoH base body I got has been severely and permanently marked by them. I believe its a similar story with the Steampunk Red Sonja. It's not an issue if you intend putting boots on a figure and leaving them on there forever though, I suppose.

I love the Nancy boots, I must try and bag a pair of Painkiller Janes to match. Smile

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Wondering if anyone knows of any decent and not too insanely expensive 'over the knee' or 'thigh high' plain tall black boots w/ foot pegs inside, that allow figures to stand in them? I'm thinking something akin to Lady Death's boots, in terms of the leg part. I've seen some, but the problem I have is that all the ones like that seem to have spike heels, whereas I'm looking for something that's more solid in the foot/sole area. 

How about the TBLeague Phantom Killer boots? They have red accents, but surely that can be modded. I just saw some on ebay. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum