OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

British Paratrooper, Arnhem

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty British Paratrooper, Arnhem Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:26 pm

Macuk

Macuk
This is my new project completed and it is based on the DID British Airborne Sergeant

This was my first DID figure and all in all I was impressed

I wanted to to add a little movement to the figure as I am still new to the world of 1/6 and am learning on every project I work on

I decided to swap the headsculpt out for a Facepool one as it was more in keeping with the pose I wanted

I used slow setting adhesive to lock the joints in the chosen pose after dressing him and also stiffened his clothing so that creases would stay in the uniform

I used brick slips from dolls house modelling to make the cobbles before mounting the figure to the oak base and finishing with a WW2 Parachute Regiment crest
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  2339f810
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  D5893410
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  D26ad110
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  70284610
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Fd7d9710
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  55bf2810
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  8b4b4e10
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  11318910
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  838f9a10
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  E9c4f110
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  5d5cad10
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  81be3610
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  551f5910
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  C3f58c10
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  9b9ecb10
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Ea1d4f10
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  4bcb0310
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  23153d10
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  7b309a10
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  34cada10
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  9d175a10
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  69c1e010
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  997ac910
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  25182710
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Fd721710
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  7c1a7d10
British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Fc957b10

2British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty Re: British Paratrooper, Arnhem Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:23 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He looks great. Very nice work on the base too. What scale is he?

3British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty Re: British Paratrooper, Arnhem Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:44 am

Macuk

Macuk
Thank you
He is 1/6 scale, unfortunately I’ve posted in wrong forum section 😳

4British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty Re: British Paratrooper, Arnhem Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:46 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Moved to correct section for you.

He looks great. Nice job on the details, and that base is really cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

British Paratrooper, Arnhem  C8485110

5British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty Re: British Paratrooper, Arnhem Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:53 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I thought so too... was going to correct it, but the ever-alert Stryker beat me to it -- thanks! Smile

6British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty Re: British Paratrooper, Arnhem Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:18 am

GregT

your figures keep getting better and better, this one's a gem!

7British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty Re: British Paratrooper, Arnhem Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:30 am

Macuk

Macuk
Thank you Guys, I’m learning on every figure, if only I was as quick with my IT skills

8British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty Re: British Paratrooper, Arnhem Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:07 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Maan, that looks wicked!

9British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty Re: British Paratrooper, Arnhem Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:52 am

Ovy

Ovy
Just wow. Another proof that facepool heads can achieve great effects.

That combination of pose, expression and equipment on this guy seems so very familiar somehow...is he based on an old photograph or painting?

10British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty Re: British Paratrooper, Arnhem Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:09 am

Macuk

Macuk
Thanks for comments

I didn’t base it on anything but wanted to put a bit of movement into this figure as my others have been straight up and down

I experimented with different poses until I found one that gave some movement so that I could try a new technique of locking joints and clothing into the pose

It worked ok and he is a lot more stable than my previous figures despite the slight action pose

I’ve had the headsculpt for a while and this seemed the perfect subject to use it. Facepool faces are so full of character half the challenge seems to be how to use them on a figure

11British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty Re: British Paratrooper, Arnhem Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:36 am

Joe Friday

Joe Friday
Stryker, what section did he post it to? I only see General Talk. I'm going to have to try your method sometime, Mark.

12British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty Re: British Paratrooper, Arnhem Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:30 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Joe, he originally posted to this section:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/f5-non-sixth-scale-action-figures

If you go to the Home page, you should see a couple different sections listed, or you can see the different sections at the top of the General Talk section.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

British Paratrooper, Arnhem  C8485110

13British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty Re: British Paratrooper, Arnhem Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:31 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Amazing work! You have a knack for putting these expression heads to great use — I’m impressed !

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

14British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty Re: British Paratrooper, Arnhem Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:16 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looks great, I've always loved British web gear.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! British Paratrooper, Arnhem  1f60e

15British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty Re: British Paratrooper, Arnhem Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:30 am

Macuk

Macuk
Thank you for the comments, they are encouraging 😀

16British Paratrooper, Arnhem  Empty Re: British Paratrooper, Arnhem Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:12 pm

ostfront43

ostfront43
Great use of the head sculpt. Gives a really good British grit and determination effect to your presentation. The weathering and detailing adds so much to the overall figure!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum