OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

ReverendSpooky

Oh man, so glad to see this thread resurrected! It's such a cool concept, and gorgeous figure. I really like the new stockings too. Really great to see it again.

http://reverendspooky.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Well, not to take away from Ephi's wonderful FaceApp, but I wanted to see what this would look like with an "actual" smiling head sculpt. And since I've had this Facepool head for quite some time, I thought I'd give it a shot and see what everyone thought. Better, or go back to the original?

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 _dsc3369

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
This looks great, actually. Might have been nice to have two identically dressed and equipped figures, one with each head. I think I'm already attached to the blonde, but both work perfectly.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Ovy

I think the new one looks even better, but I am a Facepool fan anyway

It also confirms my Russian agent theory, as this head is from Ana Battle Angel.

BAMComix

BAMComix
She looks awesome Mark Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The facepool head is very cute! But I admit I prefer the original head.... the blond hair and style seems somehow more suited to the vintage look.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ephiane

Ephiane
She looks Amazing. I have to say there´s more life in her than before. Now without real hair she looks more real than before. Confused by this ? Yes  Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:This looks great, actually. Might have been nice to have two identically dressed and equipped figures, one with each head. I think I'm already attached to the blonde, but both work perfectly.

Oh man! I can’t even imagine trying to make another one. But that would be cool.

Ovy wrote:I think the new one looks even better, but I am a Facepool fan anyway

It also confirms my Russian agent theory, as this head is from Ana Battle Angel.

Those damn Russkies! Laughing

BAMComix wrote:She looks awesome Mark Very Happy

Thanks, Dal.

skywalkersaga wrote:The facepool head is very cute! But I admit I prefer the original head.... the blond hair and style seems somehow more suited to the vintage look.

I know what you mean. I’ve had that head on her for so long, it’s hard to get used to this one. I’m going to leave the new one on her for awhile and see if I can get used to it, or go back to the original.

Ephiane wrote:She looks Amazing. I have to say there´s more life in her than before. Now without real hair she looks more real than before. Confused by this ? Yes  Wink

Thanks, Ephi. Your FaceApp inspired me to try this, just to see if a more “animated” expression would suit her since your pic was so awesome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Given that now you know exactly what you need to get or do, provided you can find another of each element, wouldn't making a second one be relatively easy?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Given that now you know exactly what you need to get or do, provided you can find another of each element, wouldn't making a second one be relatively easy?

Honestly, the tray and it’s contents alone was an absolute pain in the butt to assemble, make, and gather — and it took about a year and a half. I’m not really that patient anymore.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmmm, yes, I suppose it would have to be the same type of trey and stock if they are meant to match, and that would be a pain.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's cool, I remember them from old movies but also from some old (really old) cartoons that showed them sometimes, I think they always had to do with the wolf character.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:That's cool, I remember them from old movies but also from some old (really old) cartoons that showed them sometimes, I think they always had to do with the wolf character.

Haha! You’re thinking of the Tex Avery cartoons from the 40s, “The Wolf & Red Hot Riding Hood” (the girl was the inspiration for Jessica Rabbit):

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 2f8cfc10

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Can't believe i missed this before. Gorgeous cigar girl, Stryker!
The current stockings look much better.

Can't stop looking at the tray contents... prompting Cigar Girl to snap at me,
"Excuse me, Sir, my eyes are up here!" Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:Can't believe i missed this before. Gorgeous cigar girl, Stryker!
The current stockings look much better.

Can't stop looking at the tray contents... prompting Cigar Girl to snap at me,
"Excuse me, Sir, my eyes are up here!"  Wink

Thanks, rollotomasi. She was one of my Grail figures, so I’m glad so many have appreciated her.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
I like the original head better; the blond bob just seems more appropriate and classic. The new smiling one is decent but the hair is too severe (and the hat doesn't fit as well) and the smile isn't really that "sunny" to me.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:I like the original head better; the blond bob just seems more appropriate and classic. The new smiling one is decent but the hair is too severe (and the hat doesn't fit as well) and the smile isn't really that "sunny" to me.

All good points, TG. I agree, the smile seems a little “forced” to me. Ephiane did some more FaceApp mods with the new head, and some new hair styles, that I think make the new head look better than stock.

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 Afbddc10
Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 3811e510
Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 72d79210

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They all look very good, Mark, all the more reason to outfit a second body this way if you can source or make the outfit. Maybe there can be a different, simpler trey to go with it? Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane
The smile the Facepool HS had looks very nice to me. It´s more a smirking. A sardonically smile ? And if it looks like to be forced to someone.... sometimes a smile IS forced Laughing Let´s think she do it for the tip. There are sooo many ways to smile. I really love facepool for to made all that Headsculpts with facial expressions.

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 Da52e510

Maybe You don´t need a secound cigarr girl, but a Guy in a smoking
looking at her like the wolf in the comic

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 55063110

koloth

koloth
Stryker2011 wrote:
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:I like the original head better; the blond bob just seems more appropriate and classic. The new smiling one is decent but the hair is too severe (and the hat doesn't fit as well) and the smile isn't really that "sunny" to me.

All good points, TG. I agree, the smile seems a little “forced” to me. Ephiane did some more FaceApp mods with the new head, and some new hair styles, that I think make the new head look better than stock.

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 Afbddc10
Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 3811e510
Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 72d79210

Excellent work, very very very well done!!! Body, costume, details and faces! 1000%

davidd

davidd
I was watching an old movie (circa 1944) last night in which Cigarette Girls were featured prominently. This figure well captures the general appearance of Cigarette Girls as portrayed in the movies.

Was the adorable little cap part of the original costume you purchased, or did you find it elsewhere... or make it? (EDIT: found it on eBay; see what you've started? You guys are such enablers! Razz )

ukshaun

ukshaun
Having searched the term 'cigarette' here on OneSixthFigures, this is the ONLY thread the emerged.
I had hoped there might be more results.. something including 'how to..' 'make a 1/6th scale cigarette' for example.

Cigarette's, has anyone here made one? ..for the moment all i can think of is to cut down a toothpick and paint it Smile
I have searched on ebay, but have not been too sold on what's on offer.
In my humble 1/6th collection, the Hot Toys Sarah Connor ships with the best 1/6th scale cigarette.

-

Looking through this thread. Great figure! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

davidd

davidd
ukshaun wrote:Cigarettes, has anyone here made one? ..for the moment all i can think of is to cut down a toothpick and paint it.

For cigarettes, I have used cotton swabs (commonly called "Q-tips" in the States), the kind with cardboard rather than plastic shafts. Cut them to length, dab one end with a black felt-tip marker, and good enough!

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 53520305297_fe0682e33b
Cigarettes in seashell ashtray on a bar counter

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 53195055691_351ac9cb87
Mildly Satisfying

Another option is round wooden toothpicks (or cocktail skewers), which actually have a more appropriate diameter for scale model cigarettes... but being wood colored, they need to be painted. The size is about right, however.

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 51254317078_3aaf2bb060

Some forum members have painted the tips of miniature cigarettes red or orange, and then glued a few flakes of pepper to the tip to give an appearance of glowing ash.

It's interesting to see this topic surface again. After seeing it... what, three or four years ago... I actually purchased most of the costume parts I needed to assemble a similar "Cigarette Girl" figure. I ran across those parts in one of my storage tubs a few months back and briefly thought about searching for this topic before promptly forgetting all about it again.
Embarassed

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:Having searched the term 'cigarette' here on OneSixthFigures, this is the ONLY thread the emerge.
I had hoped there might be more results.. something including 'how to..' 'make a 1/6th scale cigarette' for example.

Cigarette's, has anyone here made one? ..for the moment all i can think of is to cut down a toothpick and paint it Smile
I have searched on ebay, but have not been too sold on what's on offer. In my humble 1/6th collection, the Hot Toys Sarah Connor ships with the best 1/6th scale cigarette.

There may be others, but this is the one Cigarette Girl that springs to mind right now (I was going to tell you look at Stryker's threads, but it turned out to be exactly that).

As for cigarettes, there are plenty. Most come with military (like DiD or Ujindou) or gangster sets (including DAM's Gangster Kingdom series, where such accessories are not stylized, unlike the human and animal features). There are pristine ones, lit ones, even ones with plastic translucent smoke coming out of them. Also, this is the sort of thing that you can find either parted out or custom made on eBay for a reasonable price.

Here is one of many examples:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/353739806067

BAMComix

BAMComix
Okay, so just a quick how to for anyone who could find it useful, making a 1/6 scale cigarette. To make one, all you will need is a few cotton buds (I used Johnson ones as they are solid all the way through) with the cotton wool ends cut off, and some felt tip pens. I used a brown, yellow, orange, grey and black.
First off chop down the cotton bud to smaller sizes,

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 Creating-a-1-6-scale-Cigarette-1

First off I used the brown the create the tip,

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 Creating-a-1-6-scale-Cigarette-2

On the other end, I used the yellow as a base coat for the burning end.

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 Creating-a-1-6-scale-Cigarette-3

Next up orange, but added in blobs, leaving some yellow showing through.

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 Creating-a-1-6-scale-Cigarette-4

The final stage was adding grey and black in the same way I applied the orange, to create a burning effect.

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 Creating-a-1-6-scale-Cigarette-5

The final product.

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 Creating-a-1-6-scale-Cigarette-6

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 52857792881_96e612cc9e_c

Hope it helps?

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Cool! Thanks for the little tutorial, Dal. I used to buy parted out cigarettes from different sets, but they always charge an arm and a leg for these tiny plastic parts ... and those cigarettes have a strong tendencies to get lost when taking photo shootings Very Happy

BAMComix

BAMComix
Randam Hajile wrote:Cool! Thanks for the little tutorial, Dal. I used to buy parted out cigarettes from different sets, but they always charge an arm and a leg for these tiny plastic parts ... and those cigarettes have a strong tendencies to get lost when taking photo shootings Very Happy

Happy to mate, I hope you find it useful cheers . It's a cheap, easy and effective way to make them, and if you lose them? just make some more Very Happy . They look pretty good to in pics Very Happy .

ukshaun

ukshaun
Over the past 48hrs, i painted a number of toothpicks white, a greyish white.
Once the white dried, i painted some orange on one end.
The next step was to cut the toothpicks to size and add some red or ash fx.
The 'next step' was aborted, as it hit me just how big the cigarette was going to look in the mouth of the portrait.

I checked out some cotton buds. The buds i have are not plastic, and feature card/paper sticks.

I checked out YouTube, and there was a guy turning toothpicks into cigars, and white paper-clips into cigarette's. Paper-clips, interesting, but possibly too small?

Prior to all of the above, i had purchase a small drill to drill into the mouth to hold a cigarette.
Then the idea hit me, why not use a small drill bit as a cigarette?
A few moment ago i painted a drill piece white.
Tomorrow i will need to work out how to break the drill bit to the correct length. Maybe add a red glow tot he tip Smile

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 4 20240210

The white stick on the far left is the painted drill bit.

The plan is to sand the tip to show some black drill bit, which might look like ash?
Then add some red/orange paint.
I might add some orange to represent the filter.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum