OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
If you're just checking out the world of House of Seasons, you can find a bit of background here:

Alice of Autumn, and the World of House of Seasons
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t755-alice-of-autumn-from-the-world-of-house-of-seasons

Isblomma of Winter
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t855-isblomma-of-winter-from-the-world-of-house-of-seasons

Thornapple Maudslay
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t955-thornapple-maudsley-from-the-world-of-house-of-seasons

Koda
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1113-koda-from-the-world-of-house-of-seasons

And now, Delia Rhildreth

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia001_orig

​Blood is a common component in many spells and rituals. It is an especially strong conductor of magikal energies, with a myriad of unique properties that witches continue to study and explore. But there are a rare few who have a special attunement to it, an intuitive connection that goes well beyond common understanding. Blood witches possess an innate mastery, and abilities other witches could never comprehend.

Karina Rhildreth was the first recorded blood witch to appear in almost a hundred years. While having no connection to nobility, her contributions to the advancement of the occult sciences were so significant that even the royal families recognized her accomplishments, and accepted her into their world. Between her skill and her wit, she cultivated an almost celebrity status. No one could have imagined that she would someday become known as the Great Betrayer, one of the most infamous and hated witches in the world.

It is still a mystery when she first became entwined with Barlow, although it is believed to have been even before he made contact with the antediluvian darkness that has come to be referred to as The Blight. Even the Heksenjager have only theories and speculation about her motives, although it continues to be an open investigation. All that is know for sure is that at the Battle of Draigh's End, when the united forces of the four great houses seemed on the verge of routing Barlow's legions, Karina single-handedly killed seventeen of the most powerful witches there, turning the tide and causing the entire region to be lost to the Blight. There have been numerous sightings of her since, and the Heksenjager have made hunting her down their top priority. Lisette Baudin is believed to have been the only witch to have come close to catching and defeating her, only to end up severely wounded, barely surviving the encounter.

What is not widely known, is that Karina had a daughter, who she left behind and abandoned when she revealed her treason, never returning to their home in Dog’s Warf. Delia was twelve years old at the time. Karina was largely absent for Delia's childhood, and Delia had developed a precocious resourcefulness  at a young age. Completely unsupervised, she was constantly involved in some kind of trouble, although she and those closest to her always seemed to escape being caught. Most of her time was spent with the Lenkov brothers, and her closest friend Thornapple. The Lenkovs had been orphaned by the war, and Corbin was a few years older than the rest of them, doing all that he could to take care of his younger brother Abel, much of it illegal. Between Delia and the Lenkovs, it was hard to say who was a worse influence on who, often leaving Thornapple as the sole moderating voice of the group.

The only structure in her life came from the Maudslays, Thornapple's family. They practically raised her, despite having little means themselves, and she was a constant at their home. Even after the death of Thornapple's mother, her father did everything he could to make sure both girls were cared for. But after Karina's disappearance, Delia couldn't bring herself to accept his offer for her to move in with them. Even so young, the idea of what her mother had done making her more of a burden on the only people who had loved and supported her was too much to handle.

Delia did have a few unique advantages that allowed her to survive on her own. She had inherited her mother's abilities as a blood witch, as well as a savant-like aptitude for magik, her skills far beyond those of most older witches. When Thornapple set her sights on Balefire University, Delia made it her main focus to help her through any means necessary. Breaking into bookstores and private collections only seemed to motivate her to further hone her craft, and everything she learned made each successive trespass easier than the last. Forging arcane credentials to access forbidden libraries started as a means to an end, before she realized how lucrative the skill itself was. And in Dog's Warf, there was no shortage of people in need of mystic assistance that fell outside the law. By fourteen, she had a good business of odd jobs - healing injuries that no one wanted a hospital record of, illegal spells, potions, and devices. Clients that came to her for her reputed skill and discretion, her age quickly forgotten in the shadow of her results.

Very few know of her connection to Karina Rhildreth. Thornapple and the Lenkov brothers of course, as well as her roommate Krysa, whose past is equally as troubled. Some prominent witches are aware, but because of her young age at the time of Karina's defection, all early investigations showed no reason to suspect mother had passed on whatever motivations she had to her daughter, and she was mostly left alone. So far, she has managed to keep all of her illicit dealings beneath the attention of the powers that be. To this day, the identity of Delia's father remains a mystery.

Today, she keeps a small loft in a converted industrial building, and spends most of her time in pursuit of whatever interests her. Despite her unapologetic hedonistic lifestyle, she somehow always maintains the delicate balance of complete control. She mainly enrolled in Balefire University to look out for Thornapple, and is a mid-level student. She only really applies herself to the things that interest her, something that her professors, well aware of her obvious talent, are continuously frustrated by. With most of her classmates being from well-born families, this attitude, as well as her humble upbringing, has earned her some dangerous attention. But when she crosses paths with Alice of Autumn and Isblomma of Winter, she could never have predicted how these unlikely friendships would change her life forever.

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia002_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia003_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia004_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia005_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia006_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia007_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia008_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia009_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia010_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia011_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia012_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia013_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia014_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia015_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia016_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia017_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia018_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia019_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia020_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia021_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia022_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia023_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia024_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia025_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia026_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia027_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia028_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia029_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia030_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia031_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia032_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia033_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia034_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia035_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia036_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia037_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia038_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia039_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia040_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia041_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia042_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia043_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia044_orig

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Delia045_orig

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another one joins the gang. Very nicely done -- different yet fitting the environment of the House of Seasons. Your attention to detail continues to impress and inspire. As does the snide sense of humor (Coffin Nails cigarettes, anyone?). Did you have trouble mounting the head on the neck?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. If I’m not mistaken, didn’t I first see her over at the Old Site — but she seems to have gotten a body upgrade. She’s adorable. Like the tattoos — are those the water slides? Is that an Obitsu head with movable eyes? Massive attention to detail, Rev, and another excellent entry into the Seasons. Love it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She looks awesome! Very cool and intriguing backstory. Is that the s24a body? I love that shock of fuchsia hair against the black and white colour scheme, so striking. And those tattoos look AMAZING. All the accessories and background details are superbly done and bring the backstory to life perfectly. I'm curious to find out more about her interactions with the other characters!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
Hah, nice one again! She looks like a teenage alien who thinks she is the edgiest on the planet.
And she is breaking into the library, that's next level nerdy.
Will be cool to see her  the wreck chaos among the 'privileged' students.
But to be honest, haven't read Season content for a while now, was a bit overwhelmed at first, it felt a bit like reading the first page of Gandhi's autobiography, so many names and families. (That's the only page I read).
But I will be back on track after reviewing the other figures.

I like how her black and white sock lines are reflecting in the pattern of the alternating dark and white book pillar she is sitting on, transitioning into the chessboard floor. (Was correct English that?)
Also the longish neck looks cool, makes her appear taller and slimmer.
The spooky™ troll hair looks especially good in crazy colors.
Are the syringes salvaged from real needles? And that lighter, clever. Great upgrade sir.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:Another one joins the gang. Very nicely done -- different yet fitting the environment of the House of Seasons. Your attention to detail continues to impress and inspire. As does the snide sense of humor (Coffin Nails cigarettes, anyone?). Did you have trouble mounting the head on the neck?

Thanks GubernatorFan!  And so glad you like the cigarette! They're my official brand.  I had a bunch up, and they're often scattered about photoshoots, but I don't know if I've ever shown a close up before.  And funny enough, since the post on the smaller bodies are too small for most head sockets, these were actually a pretty good fit.  A little heat helped stretch the socket, and there was a bit of a gap, which I filled by cutting a bit of rubber from the old body's neck, and gluing it to the bottom of the head.

Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool. If I’m not mistaken, didn’t I first see her over at the Old Site — but she seems to have gotten a body upgrade. She’s adorable. Like the tattoos — are those the water slides? Is that an Obitsu head with movable eyes? Massive attention to detail, Rev, and another excellent entry into the Seasons. Love it.

Thanks Stryker!  And you definitely have!  I've had her in a few photoshoots, but she was never quite finished, so I kept putting off doing her own shoot.  But after the relatively recent seamless body upgrade, as well as a few other tweeks, it really was time.  And since she is at the center of so much of the House of Seasons story, I was really motivated to get her shot and tell her background.  So many fun photo ideas coming up, and it feels good to get all this out there 1st.

And the tattoos were done on a temporary tattoo transfer paper, and have held up really well.  I still think there would be issues on areas that see a lot of movement, or on larger areas, but these have been really good so far.  For the tattoos I sent you a while, do you remember if they were on decal paper or the temporary tattoo paper?  I thought they were this same tattoo paper, but if the were just decals, maybe we should try again?  I'm still disappointed that they didn't work out for you.  No access to a printer right now, but I could try again once life returns to normal if you think it might help.

And the head is one of the Original Effect heads.  I have 3 more characters to finish and post using the last of the OE heads I have, and then I'll have to start looking again for more stylized options.  The OE heads all came with moveable eyes, but I swapped them out for a more colorful set of doll eyes I had to glue in place.  It was too much of a pain to open up the head anyway, so it's probably for the best.

skywalkersaga wrote:She looks awesome! Very cool and intriguing backstory. Is that the s24a body? I love that shock of fuchsia hair against the black and white colour scheme, so striking. And those tattoos look AMAZING. All the accessories and background details are superbly done and bring the backstory to life perfectly. I'm curious to find out more about her interactions with the other characters!

Thanks Skywalker!  So glad you're enjoying the story and photos!  I've been so happy with how she came out, and she was especially a lot of fun to shoot.  I actually tried to up my lighting game a bunch with these photos, and am very happy with the result.  And damn, you have a good eye.  Spot on with the S24A.  Cannot wait to do share some group photos with her and the rest of the group.  I have some REALLY fun stuff coming.

Ovy wrote:Hah, nice one again! She looks like a teenage alien who thinks she is the edgiest on the planet.
And she is breaking into the library, that's next level nerdy.
Will be cool to see her  the wreck chaos among the 'privileged' students.
But to be honest, haven't read Season content for a while now, was a bit overwhelmed at first, it felt a bit like reading the first page of Gandhi's autobiography, so many names and families. (That's the only page I read).
But I will be back on track after reviewing the other figures.

I like how her black and white sock lines are reflecting in the pattern of the alternating dark and white book pillar she is sitting on, transitioning into the chessboard floor. (Was correct English that?)
Also the longish neck looks cool, makes her appear taller and slimmer.
The spooky™ troll hair looks especially good in crazy colors.
Are the syringes salvaged from real needles? And that lighter, clever. Great upgrade sir.

Thanks Ovy!  Yeah, HoS is some pretty dense world building.  I want there to be a pretty rich, fleshed out history, along with the more personal individual stories.  And I definitely kinda throw you into the deep end with Delia's backstory.  Some has been fleshed out a bit more in past character posts, a some is kinda baiting the hook for future characters.  It's a tough line to walk by explaining the world, instead of writing as a full blown novel.  Hopefully the result is still intriguing and not just an overwhelming info dump.

And yeah, in the witch world, mystical secrets can be pretty coveted things, and they're not the only ones to go to great lengths to access information usually reserved for only those that can afford it. So it's definitely a world where the biggest nerds are also the biggest badasses.  

And I wish I could take more credit for the intention of the composition, other than it just looked good while shooting it.  But really glad you dug how it came out! (And your english is totally correct).  I happen to just love striped stockings and chessboard checkered floors.  And of course girls with bright colored hair Wink .  That material is just too much fun to work with, and you can get such dynamic action-looking photos with it.  Also, I really just wish my own hair had that kinda volume.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hey, Rev. The tatts earlier were on the decal paper, not the transfer stuff. It would be interesting to try again — I might have to attempt putting them on a different spot — somewhere with less movement. If I can get them on the shoulder/bicep where I have my real ones, that would be great.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Hey, Rev. The tatts earlier were on the decal paper, not the transfer stuff. It would be interesting to try again — I might have to attempt putting them on a different spot — somewhere with less movement. If I can get them on the shoulder/bicep where I have my real ones, that would be great.

Haven't you learned from my experiments with archival ink in the Painting Seamless Bodies thread? Or is the tat in question some very complex design that you cannot manage even with so fine a tip. By the way, I'll be reporting on a follow up experiment soon, but the gist of it is that the oil pen I thought worked but ended up being able to wash off from the silicone surface does appear to be a pretty permanent solution if you have painted the body with oil pastel first.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The tattoos in question are pretty detailed, with a lot of color variations — my eyesight wouldn’t allow me to even begin to replicate them by hand — even if the pens were fine enough.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oooh she’s cool!
I love her eyes and also those boots! <333 I’m pretty sure I e been watching a similar pair on eBay for a while - are they pegged ones or do they have space for feet?

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Great figure, that bright hair color is fantastic. Love the briefcase and all it's details.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons 1f60e

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Hey, Rev. The tatts earlier were on the decal paper, not the transfer stuff. It would be interesting to try again — I might have to attempt putting them on a different spot — somewhere with less movement. If I can get them on the shoulder/bicep where I have my real ones, that would be great.

Haven't you learned from my experiments with archival ink in the Painting Seamless Bodies thread? Or is the tat in question some very complex design that you cannot manage even with so fine a tip. By the way, I'll be reporting on a follow up experiment soon, but the gist of it is that the oil pen I thought worked but ended up being able to wash off from the silicone surface does appear to be a pretty permanent solution if you have painted the body with oil pastel first.

Stryker2011 wrote:The tattoos in question are pretty detailed, with a lot of color variations — my eyesight wouldn’t allow me to even begin to replicate them by hand — even if the pens were fine enough.

I must have missed that!  The markers are very cool, but as Stryker said, with something this intricate, it would be hard to do by hand.  I honestly know I don't have anywhere near the artistic talent to pull of what I'd want. The temporary tattoos are decent option, but limited.  Probably no sleeves or giant back pieces

Lynkhart wrote:Oooh she’s cool!
I love her eyes and also those boots! <333 I’m pretty sure I e been watching a similar pair on eBay for a while - are they pegged ones or do they have space for feet?

Thank you Lynkhart!!!  The boots are actually hollow for feet.  They're these guys from ACI:

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons AI0053-2

I try to only use actual fabric shoes and boots, but for plastic, these look amazing, although the real laces help with that.  I did a bunch of heating and reshaping to get that sloppy open look around the ankles.  I have a few pairs of these I've used, but they have gotten hard to find.  The soles have a habit of coming loose but do glue back together really well and easily.  If you have seen these, grab em up when you can.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Great figure, that bright hair color is fantastic. Love the briefcase and all it's details.

Thank you Boo-Bomb!  So glad!  Yeah, very proud of the bag.  All test tubes and syringes are removable, the zipper is functional, and there's a magnet closure in the flap.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I only just noticed the detail of her sitting on top of the pile of books... love that! :'D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Once again, I am blown away by your incredible attention to detail, not to mention your mastery of form and design.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
skywalkersaga wrote:I only just noticed the detail of her sitting on top of the pile of books... love that! :'D

All pilfered from places she wasn't supposed to be Wink

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Once again, I am blown away by your incredible attention to detail, not to mention your mastery of form and design.

Thank you so much! Also wanted to point out that I up-ed my lighting game on this one and actually lit this a bit more properly. Was curious if you could see the difference.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ReverendSpooky wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I only just noticed the detail of her sitting on top of the pile of books... love that! :'D

All pilfered from places she wasn't supposed to be  Wink

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Once again, I am blown away by your incredible attention to detail, not to mention your mastery of form and design.

Thank you so much!  Also wanted to point out that I up-ed my lighting game on this one and actually lit this a bit more properly.  Was curious if you could see the difference.

I did notice an improvement, yes.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:

Thank you so much!  Also wanted to point out that I up-ed my lighting game on this one and actually lit this a bit more properly.  Was curious if you could see the difference.

Yeah!!!  I was working with a classic 3 point lighting set up.  I picked up this great little lighting kit Blackpool also uses.  I just propped and dangled them for this shoot, but I actually have some of these little cellphone tripods coming this weekend that I'm going to use to mount the lights, and I'll have a really versatile mini studio setup.  Was thinking you'd appreciate.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ReverendSpooky wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:

Yeah!!!  I was working with a classic 3 point lighting set up.  I picked up this great little lighting kit Blackpool also uses.  I just propped and dangled them for this shoot, but I actually have some of these little cellphone tripods coming this weekend that I'm going to use to mount the lights, and I'll have a really versatile mini studio setup.  Was thinking you'd appreciate.

Control of light is one of the critical elements of photography and money spend on lighting equipment is often better spent than on many other things.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Impressive backdrop.
Great figure and posing.
The bag full of stuff looks great.
A smaller cigarette would look better.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Delia is looking amazing, very cool back story and incredible attention to detail.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
ukshaun wrote:Impressive backdrop.
Great figure and posing.
The bag full of stuff looks great.
A smaller cigarette would look better.

Thanks Ukshaun! That's become kinda my default House of Seasons backdrop, although I keep adding to the shelves over time. And I was really proud of how the bag came out. It was scratch built, with a working zipper and magnet closure on the flap. It was a lot of fun figuring out. And funny enough. the cigarette is actually the same one I used in other pics, and doesn't look nearly as oversized. I guess Delia's just tiny. Here's another shot of it looking a lot smaller.

Delia Rhildreth - From the World of House of Seasons Radiostation011_orig

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Delia is looking amazing, very cool back story and incredible attention to detail.

Thank you so much Bad Wolf! So glad you enjoyed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum