OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

In hand pics of Play Toys diecast 1:6 Armor Warrior Type VI

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Had this a while now so thought would quick comparison pic with HT plastic MK4 for comparison.

The PT is very similar build and quality-wise to HT diecast but there are subtle differences. It includes different battle damage sculpting on parts from HT, the red is slightly different tone than HT and when examined closely there are differences in sculpt all over the figure (the mask face plate, the chest details under the chest plate etc etc etc, most of which can be seen in comparison videos).

The base is kinda cheap looking and the packaging looks cheap too but the figure itself feels very close to HT quality in hand. I don't have the HT diecast mk6 for comparison but I do have the diecast Neon Tech mk4/6 and plastic mk4 so have a good idea of what it should look/feel like in hand and I have to say, I am hopeful PT make some more! I did see that there are PO's appearing online for the PT War Machine mk1 so fingers crossed (since the HT one is prohibitively expensive).

In hand pics of Play Toys diecast 1:6 Armor Warrior Type VI 49849010631_eb11935cc6_bIMG_2312 by kraggy2011, on Flickr

In hand pics of Play Toys diecast 1:6 Armor Warrior Type VI 49849010761_28071c5550_bIMG_2311 by kraggy2011, on Flickr

In hand pics of Play Toys diecast 1:6 Armor Warrior Type VI 49849318342_a21eaa9f61_bIMG_2314 by kraggy2011, on Flickr

In hand pics of Play Toys diecast 1:6 Armor Warrior Type VI 49848477783_9218c4044a_bIMG_2315 by kraggy2011, on Flickr

In hand pics of Play Toys diecast 1:6 Armor Warrior Type VI 49849318082_ddecc6f406_bIMG_2316 by kraggy2011, on Flickr

and of much more use: Rob Toys video comparison:

ukshaun

ukshaun
Iron-Man Mania! Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
ukshaun wrote:Iron-Man Mania! Very Happy

I do love those Iron Mans!

My mk7 variants shelf though proves how much they are milked.... and how much of a sucker I am for collecting them!
In hand pics of Play Toys diecast 1:6 Armor Warrior Type VI 49848477608_2ea1815fed_bIMG_2317 by kraggy2011, on Flickr

In hand pics of Play Toys diecast 1:6 Armor Warrior Type VI 49848477438_1fea2ee0f2_bIMG_2319 by kraggy2011, on Flickr

In hand pics of Play Toys diecast 1:6 Armor Warrior Type VI 49849010166_7bf1005334_bIMG_2318 by kraggy2011, on Flickr

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting comparison. Is the PT really that much taller than the HT? Or is that an optical illusion?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

In hand pics of Play Toys diecast 1:6 Armor Warrior Type VI C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's a lot of Iron Mans, some I've never seen in my life. How heavy is the die cast guy?

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! In hand pics of Play Toys diecast 1:6 Armor Warrior Type VI 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's a great find (just watched the linked video, too), and a great addition to your very impressive collection. Might have gone for this one, if I didn't already have the HC versions and have no need for more of this character myself.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Stryker2011 wrote:Interesting comparison. Is the PT really that much taller than the HT? Or is that an optical illusion?
both. it is taller than plastic HT but the same height as diecast HT. the images make the difference look more drastic than it appears in person, that effect is due to my poor photography skills and angle Smile

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Theboo-bomb wrote:That's a lot of Iron Mans, some I've never seen in my life. How heavy is the die cast guy?  

Cheers! 3 of the Iron Man figures on the MK7 shelf are by Play Imaginative (normal red mk7, gold mk7 (mk21) and grey/silver unpainted "raw" mk7. All 3 are die cast figures but quality not as good as HT by far. The gold one is very nice though, I would say get it if you see it cheap. another of the mk7's is the cheesy knock off iPhone 5s Iron Man, copied from Hasbro moulds. It is too silly not to own!

As for the PT Mk6, not weighed it but feels as heavy as an HT diecast. Plenty metal parts to it including the normal chest plate which is metal compared to plastic on HT ones

GubernatorFan wrote:It's a great find (just watched the linked video, too), and a great addition to your very impressive collection. Might have gone for this one, if I didn't already have the HC versions and have no need for more of this character myself.

I have the HC one too. Terrible quality and falls apart but works great as a filler piece for the suit up gantry while the nicer Play Toys/ Hot Toys one can be posed out front. The Empire Toys Iron Man statues make for great cheap Hall of Armour fillers too if on a budget.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh yes, I agree, the HC quality is generally not comparable to the real high end ones, but this one sounds like a win. I like the character (and the actor), and even the franchise, just not enough to pay HT prices or to collect more than one variant (least of all at HT prices). That's why I got HC, after looking at some reviews -- of course back then this one wasn't an option.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
GubernatorFan wrote:Oh yes, I agree, the HC quality is generally not comparable to the real high end ones, but this one sounds like a win. I like the character (and the actor), and even the franchise, just not enough to pay HT prices or to collect more than one variant (least of all at HT prices). That's why I got HC, after looking at some reviews -- of course back then this one wasn't an option.

I do actually like my HC figure, it is good for the gantry as I mentioned. That is how I use mine anyway.

Yeah, prices are ridiculous for the HT ones now. I don't mind not having gimmicks like light up functions or stands etc so long as the price is reasonable, but alas HT priced many collectors out of the collecting. HT is the best for engineering, paint etc but I think they left a massive gaping hole in the market for low and mid range 1:6 Iron Man figures. Empire Toys, Crazy Toys and HC are filling the low end nicely and provided Play Toys can keep the price down (or even reduce the price) the mid point niche of the market can be filled too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum