OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boo-bomb's WIP'S and other things [updated june 21, 2020] [The nemesis of armored arm man]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

While I wait for a few things to arrive I thought about posting at least two of my wips (two because the rest are naked). These are two fantasy figures I've been working on and off for a few weeks now one is going to be some sort of mercenary fighter swordsman kind of dude with cool armor (scientific name) and the other is going to be either an old wizard or an old evil wizard still don't know which side he's on in history.

I also took this chance to practice something I've wanted to do for a long, long, long time now (well at least since I became a member of OSF)  and that is add hair! Now before I did this I considered on how and what to use, I had some brown "fur" which I used to test if I could pull it off and I could so I went online to see if I could get my hands on some of that tibetan lamb fur but sadly the seller I found does not ship to PR (welp) so I went with the fake stuff which I must say is not as good and is far more fragile than the real deal would be (I think) but it works.  In my case I've used PVA to glue it on since UHU (and similar glues I have) dry too thick and I don't like it.
Boo-bomb's WIP'S and other things [updated june 21, 2020] [The nemesis of armored arm man]  UABkUef
Here's the man, that's a gi joe in there! well at least the mask of dr. mindbender filled with silicone and adapted to an old joe body, the figure was meant to be for testing paints and different techniques which now include hair.
Boo-bomb's WIP'S and other things [updated june 21, 2020] [The nemesis of armored arm man]  MFvSDaR
And this is my cool swordman mercenary fighter man with his armored arm (like all cool dudes have), still working on his armor specially how it will fit on but I hope to have him finished sooner than the wizard.
Well it's not much but I thought I should share some of the behind the scenes magic (or lack of) and also showcase the mess on my desk it's very professional as you can tell, an orderly disaster. For now that will be all, I'll return to my secret figure endeavors so for now stay safe and have fun indoors.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Boo-bomb's WIP'S and other things [updated june 21, 2020] [The nemesis of armored arm man]  1f60e

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I’m liking the cool eyebrows and goatee on the older fellow! And your swordsman seems to be coming along well so far. Smile

Please don’t worry about the ‘messy’ desk... you should see mine. Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting projects. The mercenary already looks great.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic Job. Welcome to the Club of 1:6 Hair Stylists Very Happy Can´t wait to see them finished and the Story

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking good so far. Both of these sound like a cool idea.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Boo-bomb's WIP'S and other things [updated june 21, 2020] [The nemesis of armored arm man]  C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Yay, welcome to the hairdresser club! 
I'd say the wizard looks like a grumpy disillusioned man who will regain his hope after spending time with a young optimistic apprentice.

Arm armor man (scientific term)looks great, really like the head you chose and the different materials.

Maybe we should make a 'my desk is.messier than yours' thread.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
skywalkersaga wrote:I’m liking the cool eyebrows and goatee on the older fellow! And your swordsman seems to be coming along well so far. Smile

Please don’t worry about the ‘messy’ desk... you should see mine. Laughing

Thanks skywalkersaga, his brows where fun to make, they ended up being bushy because he had some really thick eyebrows underneath. I should say that what I photographed is only one side of the desk the other side looks like a nuke went off. 😶

GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting projects. The mercenary already looks great.

Thanks Gubernator, I started working on that guy first but you know, other ideas pop up.

Ephiane wrote:Fantastic Job. Welcome to the Club of 1:6 Hair Stylists Very Happy Can´t wait to see them finished and the Story

Thanks EPhiane, I'm glad I'm a 1/6 scale hair stylists now my figures will never know a bad hair day, I do wonder if I can put it on my resume however. I hope to have them finished soon enough.

Stryker2011 wrote:Looking good so far. Both of these sound like a cool idea.

Thanks Stryker, the original idea dates back to that one gun flinging armored guy I made, I wasn't happy with the ones I made back then except with that one, it's basically a really long proect.

Ovy wrote:Yay, welcome to the hairdresser club! 
I'd say the wizard looks like a grumpy disillusioned man who will regain his hope after spending time with a young optimistic apprentice.

Arm armor man (scientific term)looks great, really like the head you chose and the different materials.

Maybe we should make a 'my desk is.messier than yours' thread.

Thanks Ovy, 1/6 scale hair stylists is my "covid reinvention" I hope to be on the news soon enough.

Arm armor man is going to be how I call those types of characters from now on. It is funny you mention the wizard being grumpy and disillusioned because that's exactly how I've been imagining him, just a sad, grumpy disillusioned wizard that is still stuck in a small town while all the other evil wizards are off doing cool things like raising the dead and binding beings from other planes of existence to their will.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Boo-bomb's WIP'S and other things [updated june 21, 2020] [The nemesis of armored arm man]  1f60e

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I am eager as always to see the finished product.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
These are coming together nicely! That mustache is epic as hell and looks great.  And I love the bit of character backstory.  He really does just look completely annoyed and a bit disappointed.  The arm armor is looking solid too, and I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with it.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I am eager as always to see the finished product.

Thanks Thephotosblog, moving a bit slowly but I hope to have at least one finished soon.

ReverendSpooky wrote:These are coming together nicely! That mustache is epic as hell and looks great.  And I love the bit of character backstory.  He really does just look completely annoyed and a bit disappointed.  The arm armor is looking solid too, and I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with it.

Thanks ReverendSpooky, I wasn't too sure about the mustache but I'm glad it turned out okay, the arm armor is missing a few pieces, particularly the shoulder which I'm trying to figure out how it will look and work with the rest.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Here's some little updates!

Boo-bomb's WIP'S and other things [updated june 21, 2020] [The nemesis of armored arm man]  HZBzGTi
Gave him some head hair now, this synthetic stuff is a bit frail which is concerning me a little bit since I wanted to use it for another bash too, I might have to experiment with it a little bit more. I still don't know how far I'll go with his head, I'm thinking of giving him the Gargamel cut.

Boo-bomb's WIP'S and other things [updated june 21, 2020] [The nemesis of armored arm man]  QXX1LFm
Boo-bomb's WIP'S and other things [updated june 21, 2020] [The nemesis of armored arm man]  SeuLvhG
Some more armor updates, nothing is being held in place for now as I'm still fiddling about and wondering if I should make them a bit smaller. It's not hard to make them smaller since this is just cardboard and pva but there's a small chance I wreak it while cutting.

Boo-bomb's WIP'S and other things [updated june 21, 2020] [The nemesis of armored arm man]  FrughsL
This a new wip! I plan on turning this guy into one of my alt history pilots, so far I haven't done much with him.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The armor looks quite impressive for cardboard.

Ovy

Ovy
Agree, looks cool, especially the layered bits on the hips, remember having done something similar on my first figure. Will he have only one arm armored, so he can still be arm armor man? I like that asymmetrical look, working on something similar. It's a bit gladiatorish.

And great job on the hairing, looks very clean. Also reminds me of my first hairing of a bald headsculpt, I stopped before I could reach the top because I liked that 'gargamel' look.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Gargamel approves of your updates.

Boo-bomb's WIP'S and other things [updated june 21, 2020] [The nemesis of armored arm man]  45771510

Boo-bomb's WIP'S and other things [updated june 21, 2020] [The nemesis of armored arm man]  C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:The armor looks quite impressive for cardboard.

Thanks Gubernator, it's actually the second attempt at making it, first one was a bit lackluster. I would like to use cardboard in the future for some sci-fi bashes but for that I need a bit more practice.

Ovy wrote:Agree, looks cool, especially the layered bits on the hips, remember having done something similar on my first figure. Will he have only one arm armored, so he can still be arm armor man? I like that asymmetrical look, working on something similar. It's a bit gladiatorish.

And great job on the hairing, looks very clean. Also reminds me of my first hairing of a bald headsculpt, I stopped before I could reach the top because I liked that 'gargamel' look.

Thanks Ovy. He will only one the left arm armored otherwise he would be arms armored man and that's another type of adventurer (far more rare too). I'm glad my attempt at hair loss renewal has received such praise.

Stryker2011 wrote:Gargamel approves of your updates.

Boo-bomb's WIP'S and other things [updated june 21, 2020] [The nemesis of armored arm man]  45771510

I'm sure gargamel would be proud of another fellow  balding black robed wizard who might or might not be obsessed with blue beans I mean beings. Very Happy

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

This is a little update to my now bigger number of wips, I'm not sure how many I will finish but I hope I get all of them done. That said, while I was looking for my choco chip camouflage I also found one of my marx knight armor sets, they aren't that great  but for the price you can find the reproductions they are affordable if you want to do a not so historically accurate knight.... or, a fantasy knight of some sort. Now one of the problems with the armor is that its a bit too tight on most figures so it requires a skinnier body in order to put some clothing underneath, in this case an old black spandex suit, this however means I can't put a lot of clothes underneath.

Boo-bomb's WIP'S and other things [updated june 21, 2020] [The nemesis of armored arm man]  XQ3h67K

You might or might not remember the man inside, I showed him some time ago and intended to make him into a wizard of some sort, now knock off gargamel has that role, instead he will become a knight, so far I've thought of some sort of black knight type, maybe a knight who has broken his oath or something along those lines. One thing I have finished is some more modern/sci-fi-ish figures which I'll be posting soon, but my fantasy figures are chugging along at a nice pace, they just take a bit more time as I figure out how to piece them together.

Well that was all for this little update, I don't know how more I'll update this thread so I hope it doesn't bother anyone. For now, stay safe and have some fun.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The armor looks very good, actually.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I used to have one of those Marx Knights back in the day (the Silver one with the White Horse); I flipped out when I learned my mom had sold him at a garage sale. Yours looks much darker than I remember any of them being, looks pretty good though — a Black Knight sounds intriguing.

Ephiane

Ephiane
The Armor is amazing. With the paint job You turn the material into metal.Love it

Ovy

Ovy
Now that is a cool looking armor! Didn't know something like this existed. 

Sci Fi stuff? You mean an own universe you created? Excited.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Stryker2011 wrote:I used to have one of those Marx Knights back in the day (the Silver one with the White Horse); I flipped out when I learned my mom had sold him at a garage sale. Yours looks much darker than I remember any of them being, looks pretty good though — a Black Knight sounds intriguing.

Thanks Stryker. I don't have any experience with the toy line so I'm not sure if they produced any other knights during their time. This one is a reproduction set which can be found on ebay for cheap sometimes, I must however say that this black armor feels a bit brittle, I've broken almost all the tabs that keep it closed unlike my other marx armor (in blue) which even managed to survive various attempts to get spray paint stuck on it.

Ephiane wrote:The Armor is amazing. With the paint job You turn the material into metal.Love it

Thanks Ephiane, I have something planned for this guy, imagine Two Face from Batman but more spicy?  I still need to get that idea right before I commit. I plan on making him dark and shiny somehow.

Ovy wrote:Now that is a cool looking armor! Didn't know something like this existed. 

Sci Fi stuff? You mean an own universe you created? Excited.

Thanks Ovy, this armor is something I stumbled upon while looking for something else, actually glad I did. I have my own dystopian universe and I have already completed one of the figures and I'm on the works on another. I didn't post them here since I want to show my work with cardboard and with adding hair (need to get back to that) but you can see some of what I was doing on the last photos with the shotgun with the blue pump.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum