OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY*

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
See Title (give it a few moments for the photos)

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 2v2Hs9UcCxAChVkHosted on Fotki

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 2v2Hs9UAWxAChVkHosted on Fotki

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 2v2Hs9UCWxAChVkHosted on Fotki

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 2v2Hs9ULGxAChVkHosted on Fotki

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 2v2Hs9UgnxAChVkHosted on Fotki

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 2v2Hs9UWqxAChVkHosted on Fotki

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 2v2Hs9UGFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 2v2Hs9UndxAChVkHosted on Fotki

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 2v2Hs9UqyxAChVkHosted on Fotki

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 2v2Hs9UF5xAChVkHosted on Fotki

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 2v2Hs9UdNxAChVkHosted on Fotki

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 2v2Hs9UyWxAChVkHosted on Fotki

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 2v2Hs9U5GxAChVkHosted on Fotki

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 2v2Hs9UNnxAChVkHosted on Fotki

I don't know if you can tell by the photos but this Captain Marvel figure cost me almost $250. and I'm not very impressed with her.

Thank for looking

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow. That’s quite a shame. I’ve seen some pretty restrictive outfits before, but between the sculpted hair (thanks to all the tiny-dicked men who constantly complain about Barbie hair, no doubt), and the costume, this is pretty ridiculous.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* C8485110

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Stryker2011 wrote:Wow. That’s quite a shame. I’ve seen some pretty restrictive outfits before, but between the sculpted hair (thanks to all the tiny-dicked men who constantly complain about Barbie hair, no doubt), and the costume, this is pretty ridiculous.

Thank you my friend and I wholeheartedly agree with you. Very Happy

I do not recommend this figure.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I personally don't have any super hero action figures but I always feel a little bit of disappointment when said figures have a lack of articulation but maybe that's just the child in me that always wanted a 1/6 scale Superman. 😁

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures!  HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks beautifully made, which is no surprise, but the stupid decisions regarding molded hair and sticking to severely limited poseability are pretty sad. I'm sorry you were disappointed in this purchase. Perhaps you could do like AFM and experiment with carefully transferring the outfit to a better body, perhaps foregoing any potential hampering undersuit or padding. And I suppose you could give rehairing a try. (There is also a range of "real" hair Brie Larson heads out there.)

dadrab

dadrab
Sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction, though I don't blame you a bit.

It is a really nice looking figure, but by making the suit so restrictive, it might as well be a statue.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Thank you my friends for the kind comments, indeed she really is a beautifully over all and has a very detailed outfit with cool looking accessories. I've decided to keep and display her as is. (shelf diva)
Although she still may show up in some future photo shoots, I now have a new idea that would be just perfect for her.

Theboo-bomb wrote:I personally don't have any super hero action figures but I always feel a little bit of disappointment when said figures have a lack of articulation but maybe that's just the child in me that always wanted a 1/6 scale Superman. 😁

GubernatorFan wrote:She looks beautifully made, which is no surprise, but the stupid decisions regarding molded hair and sticking to severely limited poseability are pretty sad. I'm sorry you were disappointed in this purchase. Perhaps you could do like AFM and experiment with carefully transferring the outfit to a better body, perhaps foregoing any potential hampering undersuit or padding. And I suppose you could give rehairing a try. (There is also a range of "real" hair Brie Larson heads out there.)

dadrab wrote:Sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction, though I don't blame you a bit.

It is a really nice looking figure, but by making the suit so restrictive, it might as well be a statue.

ukshaun

ukshaun
 HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* DSC07241

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* DSC07256

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* DSC07293
Hot Toys - Captain Marvel (non deluxe version)

One year after placing an order with Sideshow Collectibles, Hot Toys Captain Marvel landed yesterday - Yaaay!.. Smile
Needless to say, being a Hot Toys product, the production piece looks close to the prototype.

If i am honest, the figure is best displayed in a museum pose, as the super tight outfit fails to lend itself to
being posed. The figure can be posed, but the outfit will over time, possibly a short space of time,
become heavily creased.

Extra thumbs up to the shiny reflective box which looks excellent!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

ukshaun

ukshaun
 HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 1920-Captain-Marvel-Lights-On-front

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 1920-Captain-Marvel-Lights-On-rear

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* 1920-Captain-Marvel-Lights-On-front

Hot Toys - Captain Marvel (non deluxe version)

Tested out the light up feature today. The switch-out light up portrait. I passed on lighting up
the hands. Switching out portraits is easy enough. I found it odd that Hot Toys made the
battery cover so that the cover is held in with a screw requiring a screw driver. Seemed slightly
over the top. It does the job. As you can see, the light is very bright.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, it is very bright, and seems to have been designed well, unlike their Jawas. I don't know why you're surprised the battery cover is locked with a screw -- that is their usual solution for these battery compartments, whether in a head or in a lower arm, etc.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It does look like the prototype, but yeah, the outfit will be problematic in more than one way it seems.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

HOT TOYS Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman along with TBLeague Vampirella side by side comparison *PHOTO HEAVY* C8485110

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, it is very bright, and seems to have been designed well, unlike their Jawas. I don't know why you're surprised the battery cover is locked with a screw -- that is their usual solution for these battery compartments, whether in a head or in a lower arm, etc.

It is the first Hot Toys i have owned with light up eyes. They could have designed with the battery cover as slide on without the need for a screw. Or atleast provided a mini screw driver.

What's up with the Jawas?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:It is the first Hot Toys i have owned with light up eyes. They could have designed with the battery cover as slide on without the need for a screw. Or atleast provided a mini screw driver.

Perhaps that's why it's new to you. It's their go-to way to do battery compartments, I think in every instance, regardless of actual placing. They have provided a mini screw driver on at least one occasion before (I forget where).

The reviewers have commented that although the HT Jawas' eyes do light up, apparently the lights are set so far back in the head that the effect is underwhelming.

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:It is the first Hot Toys i have owned with light up eyes. They could have designed with the battery cover as slide on without the need for a screw. Or atleast provided a mini screw driver.

Perhaps that's why it's new to you. It's their go-to way to do battery compartments, I think in every instance, regardless of actual placing. They have provided a mini screw driver on at least one occasion before (I forget where).

The reviewers have commented that although the HT Jawas' eyes do light up, apparently the lights are set so far back in the head that the effect is underwhelming.

My Hot Toys collection totals 12. Quite small compared to some collectors. Given their high price, i am limited. At the moment i can think of about 5 Hot Toys to add to the wants list.

Given the Jawa design with hood, i guess that might hinder lights. From what i recall from the movie, their eye's were never all that bright.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum