OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Death of Wolverine

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Death of Wolverine Empty Death of Wolverine Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:18 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Inspired by the incredible artist Steve McNiven's awesome page 1 artwork from the "Death Of Wolverine" mini-series.
Death of Wolverine LJr87tY

This is the page that started it all for me !
I tried to stay as true as possible to his art although there wasn't really much reference for everything else not seen in this page.
Death of Wolverine Yg1zVtk

The start of the story line details how a virus from the microverse caused Wolverine's mutant healing factor to burn out and stop working, allowing enemies from his past to attempt to finally kill him.
Death of Wolverine Sf8l4ZK

My Page 1 Tribute
Death of Wolverine 578d9cV
Death of Wolverine SkO17Zb
Death of Wolverine 7sQfWxR
Death of Wolverine 8l4KqsS
Death of Wolverine J8tlbYl
Death of Wolverine VZCORqc
Death of Wolverine Jve0FvL
Death of Wolverine ZRxKhYB

Logan : a closer look
Death of Wolverine OUTnbw6
Death of Wolverine ONE8BDK
Death of Wolverine XKkRfDa
Death of Wolverine DqL8rXe
Death of Wolverine XG5QpC7
Death of Wolverine O6xopR5
Death of Wolverine LMVjdgv

Cabin : a closer look
Not much 'real-estate' to work with here so I did what I could.
Death of Wolverine 9yFOTOX
Death of Wolverine AkcbqY6
Death of Wolverine HGBlDeQ
Death of Wolverine WY5G5A0
Death of Wolverine HwNIfLN

WIPS :
- 13' x 9' piece of MDF as a base
- Floorboard and steps completed
Death of Wolverine CfEzuVX

- Foamboard wall attached
- Cabin door completed
- Basic exterior frame done
- Sidings done
Death of Wolverine NodTE8U

- Arrows done but eventually recoloured
Death of Wolverine AFnKzwe

- Cabin roof done
- Lighting installed
- "Battle Damage" application completed
Death of Wolverine 1HHb7GH

- Scratchbuilt 2 lanterns from bits of wood and wire
- Candles added and handles wrapped with string
- Weathered
Death of Wolverine M95jgof

- Screens added
- Completed
Death of Wolverine Pp6WIVS

(I had 2 1/6 scale lanterns ready to go but I decided to use my scratch built lanterns instead)
Death of Wolverine ZWEE8kf

- "Battle Damage" application on clothing
- Added super glue to the tears I made for the shirt and as fabric usually hardens when in contact so used clips to 'weigh down' the rips and pieces of loose fabric as it sets
- Weathering added
Death of Wolverine CtueKhR

- Added blood splattering effect and more weathering
Death of Wolverine GTnMGWi

- Added blood drip effect and applied shading
Death of Wolverine Wk1RMja

And that's all folks !
Sorry about the pics heavy post but lots I wanted to share
Thanks for dropping by !!

2Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:48 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Holy Cow ! There is only one thing that can deflect my attention form this fantastic Figure. It´s Your Dio Laughing Real Wood, so cool.And the Lanterns Shocked The Pose and all the blood all around say " OK, come on. I´m still here ! Who´s hitting Wolverine so Hard ? Can´t see it in the Comic

3Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:54 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Haha yes the Dio is really fascinating here. With the light and the wood and everything.

I like that dramatic scene - reminds me on some pictures I found on another forum a few years ago where someone pictured the defeat (or death?) of several superheroes in 1/6 with cool pics.

You could also make a series with fallen heroes out of it Smile

But back top your work - love it, especially because it depicts a certain story instead of being just a normal base and stand. Nice weathering too.

4Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:02 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I remember this duo from the Old Site — still one of the coolest and most dramatic builds I’ve ever seen. Beautiful in its grotesque and sad fate of Wolvie. Awesome stuff — so glad to see this again.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Death of Wolverine C8485110

5Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Absolutely stunning work on both the figure and the base/backrgound/diorama. You do justice to your source, but in fact you may have improved upon it. I just wish this was really the triumph of Wolverine over overwhelming odds, and that for all the blood and wounds and arrows he would heal in the end.

6Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:45 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Ephiane wrote:Holy Cow ! There is only one thing that can deflect my attention form this fantastic Figure. It´s Your Dio Laughing Real Wood, so cool.And the Lanterns Shocked  The Pose and all the blood all around say " OK, come on. I´m still here ! Who´s hitting Wolverine so Hard ? Can´t see it in the Comic
LoL sorry Ephiane - it's implied that the baddies are 'off camera'

Valiarde wrote:Haha yes the Dio is really fascinating here. With the light and the wood and everything.
I like that dramatic scene - reminds me on some pictures I found on another forum a few years ago where someone pictured the defeat (or death?) of several superheroes in 1/6 with cool pics.
You could also make a series with fallen heroes out of it Smile
But back top your work - love it, especially because it depicts a certain story instead of being just a normal base and stand. Nice weathering too.
GubernatorFan wrote:Absolutely stunning work on both the figure and the base/backrgound/diorama. You do justice to your source, but in fact you may have improved upon it. I just wish this was really the triumph of Wolverine over overwhelming odds, and that for all the blood and wounds and arrows he would heal in the end.
Thank you Valiarde and GBF the scene I picked was what I felt was a powerful one where the dude that we all know can heal from just about anything this time...cannot and that he is way in over his head this time.

Stryker2011 wrote:I remember this duo from the Old Site — still one of the coolest and most dramatic builds I’ve ever seen. Beautiful in its grotesque and sad fate of Wolvie. Awesome stuff — so glad to see this again.
Thanks Stryker - seeing how i have not been able to build much dios nowadays, thought I'd bring this over from there to share with everyone instead.

7Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:46 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, this still stands as one of my favorite 1/6 projects of all time. So stunning. Everything, from the wear on the clothes, the blood, the whole figure, to just how gorgeous that porch and doorway are, just blows me away every time I see it. Flawless.

8Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:03 am

Ovy

Ovy
Whoow, never seen this, thanks for posting this beautiful work of art! What did you use for the blood,can it be removed from the skin again?

9Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:19 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
A true work of art. This needs to be seriously on display somewhere. Great work.

AFM

10Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:36 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Such a dramatic and bloody scene, and so well crafted in all aspects. Some of the photos give off a Jesus on the Cross vibe, which is interesting for a character's history like Logan's.

11Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:20 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
an absolute stunning level of details, both in the figure and background.
this is what 1/6 is about, having a vision and breathing life into it.
thank you for going the extra mile and adding some work in progress photos, this way one can learn a great deal on how to improve.

12Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:42 am

saiko

Such a fantastic labor of love.
I think I have a use for my logan sculpt now hehe.

You've completely transformed his look with your hair imo.

13Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:59 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Good work. Great backdrop. Nice blood splatter.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

14Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:55 pm

ZombieTestSubject

Absolutely amazing work!

15Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:02 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thought I’d bring this amazing piece back to the front page since it’s right up there with Jeb, if not even better in my opinion. The details on this entire setup are remarkable.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Death of Wolverine C8485110

16Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:27 am

Diana

Diana
Shame on me for not responding the first time around because I remember being as amazed as I am now. Thank you, Mark, for bringing this back up. Incredible work.

17Death of Wolverine Empty Re: Death of Wolverine Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:56 am

Ovy

Ovy
Remember that one, great to revisit it.

I think Allotrops also modified some Iron Men into a beautiful X-Men hunting squad, wanted to revisit but I never found it again?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum