OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RINGS SERIES: ARWEN (in death frock) Standard Edition
(Product ID: LOTR028)
The Arwen (and her book) Sixth Scale Figure features authentic and detailed fully realistic likeness of Arwen from The Return of the King
· Approximately 25 cm tall
· Over 34 points of articulation

Features:
· Asmus Toys Eva body
· An authentic likeness of the actor from the feature films.
· One pair of relaxed posture hand
· One pair of book reading hand
· One pair of fist
· One pair of bare feet
· One crimson red and dark navy blue frock with detail patterning

Special features in weapons:

. One light green covered book
· One side table in Elven design
· One Elven candelabrum

Accessories:
· One Asmus Toys figure stand

Est. Shipping Date: Q3 2021

MSRP: USD 189.50

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) Arw00110
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) Arw00111
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) Arw00210
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) Arw00211
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) Arw00310
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) Arw00311
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) Arw00510
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) Arw00610
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) Arw08a10
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) Arw_fa10

ASMUS TOYS THE LORD OF THE RINGS SERIES: ARWEN (in death frock) Deluxe Edition
(Product ID: LOTR028EX)

The Arwen (in death frock) Sixth Scale Figure features authentic and detailed fully realistic likeness of Arwen from The Return of the King
· Approximately 25 cm tall
· Over 34 points of articulation

Features:
· Asmus Toys Eva body
· An authentic likeness of the actoress from the feature films.
· One pair of relaxed posture hand
· One pair of book reading hand
· One pair of fists
· One pair of bare feet
· One crimson red and dark navy blue frock with detail patterning

Special features in Accessories:

. One light green covered book
· One side table in Elven design
· One Elven candelabrum
· One Asmus Toys figure stand

Exclusive Edition includes:
· A full sized sixth scaled chaise with sheet
. A flannel pillow

Est. Shipping Date: Q3 2021

MSRP: USD 250

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) 11479
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) 2789
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) 3532
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) 4481
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) 5460

#newproduct #AsmusCollectibles #LordoftheRings #DeathfrockArwen #female #fantasy #movie

ahbake

Beautiful figure, but people over at the Sideshow boards are concerned because apparently she's under 10" tall...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I must have missed this yesterday. Yes, beautiful figure, and nice accessories, especially if one adds the exclusive. But there is just something that seems off in the likeness. It's almost as if they made Lara Flynn Boyle instead of Liv Tyler.

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) Serleena

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This is one of my favourite Arwen gowns!!! First time I’ve been seriously tempted by an Asmus LotR figure. But I have missed all the good Aragorns, damnit!!! Razz

Though I agree the headsculpt is totally off. :/

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:This is one of my favourite Arwen gowns!!! First time I’ve been seriously tempted by an Asmus LotR figure. But I have missed all the good Aragorns, damnit!!! Razz Though I agree the headsculpt is totally off. :/

I know, I did get the Asmus real hair Aragorn. Stryker insists the best one was the ACI Aragorn, but it is near impossible to find, and when I did find it yesterday (today?) it was over $1000 (USD). I have a cast of the ACI Aragorn head I'm working on painting and hairing. Somewhere I have the loose head of Asmus' first Arwen. I just realized that she too looks a bit off, maybe more, maybe less. Oh well.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Imo, the first Arwen they did is not too bad. Would be fine with a repaint and re-hair. But this one has totally wrong facial structure.

It is also a bit concerning that they say the body is only 25 cm… that’s more like the petite tbleague bodies, and wrong for the actress.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Imo, the first Arwen they did is not too bad. Would be fine with a repaint and re-hair. But this one has totally wrong facial structure. It is also a bit concerning that they say the body is only 25 cm… that’s more like the petite tbleague bodies, and wrong for the actress.

I will trust you on both counts -- and that their first Arwen is more accurate is definitely good news.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Lower jaw is a bit wide, throwing the likeness a bit. Overall, I’m pretty happy with the choice of outfit and went for the Exclusive — I mean, holy cow! An entire chaise lounge, etc. for $250 USD shipped — this would cost double if it were HT doing it. I think her hair may also be throwing the proportions of the face a bit, but the lower jaw is still a bit ... puffy.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Lower jaw is a bit wide, throwing the likeness a bit. Overall, I’m pretty happy with the choice of outfit and went for the Exclusive — I mean, holy cow! An entire chaise lounge, etc. for $250 USD shipped — this would cost double if it were HT doing it. I think her hair may also be throwing the proportions of the face a bit, but the lower jaw is still a bit ... puffy.

Yeah, it looks like her from the nose up, lol. But the lower part of the face seems like the wrong structure. She looks almost dead-on for one of my favourite undergrad professors, though. :'D 

But yes, the Deluxe is tempting. Not only would HT charge a lot more for something like that, but they probably wouldn't even bother making a set like this in the first place. I am thinking of the equivalent kind of set for Padme, for instance, in one of her RotS gowns. I always felt the chances of that being made in 'official' form were slim to none, so I'd better just get on with it myself. ;p

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Being completely unfamiliar with the source material, I would have bet the house that was Lauren Graham (Gilmour Girls, Parenthood) and I love Lauren Graham, so that’s by no means an insult.

agentghost

agentghost

HS is definitely off. I wish HT would do all the female sculpts for us. These non-HT sculpts are weirdly off.

ahbake

Because they only needed five attempts to get Gal Gadot right? Or because they didn't quite get Milla Jovovich right? Or is it because of all the attempts at getting Scarlett Johansson right?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ahbake wrote:Because they only needed five attempts to get Gal Gadot right? Or because they didn't quite get Milla Jovovich right? Or is it because of all the attempts at getting Scarlett Johansson right?

And, don't forget, the costs of each attempt, even the mere repaints. Smile

agentghost

agentghost
ahbake wrote:Because they only needed five attempts to get Gal Gadot right? Or because they didn't quite get Milla Jovovich right? Or is it because of all the attempts at getting Scarlett Johansson right?

Those are close..
This is way off and it is premium 1st party license too, like HT

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
After seeing how small and slight they made Galadriel, I am thinking this figure will be similar, if not even smaller. Normally I like petite/short female characters, but in this case it's just not accurate to the film look. Add the very 'off' headsculpt to that, and I think I may just settle for making a custom Arwen later on down the road.

Delanie

Delanie
skywalkersaga wrote:After seeing how small and slight they made Galadriel, I am thinking this figure will be similar, if not even smaller. Normally I like petite/short female characters, but in this case it's just not accurate to the film look. Add the very 'off' headsculpt to that, and I think I may just settle for making a custom Arwen later on down the road.
I have the original Arwen and she is as tall as my other characters may be 11.5" I can't check at the moment. So if they use the same body it shouldn't be a problem.

To be honest I'm collecting these as they represent my vision of the characters from the books and if they don't look like the actors or actresses this is not a problem for me but I'm not fond of this dress too dark by half I may get the set for the furniture. Possibly re jig the gown not sure.

I've just looked up an image of the original dress and I guess it could be the lighting but it looks more scarlet red than crimson orange and the patterning doesn't look quite right maybe too big? Perhaps a fine golden ribbon or embroidery around the neckline of the blue velvet dress might work?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
For what it's worth, Delanie, I have different images in my head for the book characters than for the film characters as well.  But since this figure wears a dress specific to the film, is in the style of the film, in a diorama based on the film, etc.,  it just makes sense to me that it would also need to have a headsculpt that matches the film look. (Likewise, it would be intended to go with a Viggo-Aragorn.) Otherwise, I'd happily just make a totally original looking figure from scratch (I imagine Tolkien's Elves a bit different in his written works anyway). 

Glad to know the original Arwen figure is the right height. I'm only basing my assessment off of the above description of this particular figure, which states quite a short height (25 cm).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The Asmus rep mentioned the height over at the Freaks, as it was mis-typed as 25 cm, she’s actually 28.5 cm — which is actually only 1 cm short of being perfect for Liv.

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, that's a relief! Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
While I'm probably not going to buy this figure, that is good news indeed. Every thing a company gets right helps towards making a product better, although some things are more obvious than others.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Received my extra hands in the mail today. Woohoo!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here's a couple pics.

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) _dsc3446
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) _dsc3445
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) _dsc3444
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles:1/6 scale Lord of the Rings: ARWEN (in death frock) (standard & deluxe) _dsc3447

csyeung

csyeung
Very nice!!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice attentive, yet pensive pose.

shazzdan

shazzdan
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice attentive, yet pensive pose.
Nice descriptor. We need to use "pensive" in conversations more often.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum