OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I commented in the Video section, but I’ll leave another here — your extra work, and all the effort you put in to this new video, really paid off, TGF. Beautifully done all around. This project has been an absolute joy to follow.

tankgirlfuzzy

skywalkersaga wrote:That's fantastic! The the intro is a nice touch, and the new transitions and scenes are beautifully done. The improved quality is definitely apparent and you're right that viewing in in the higher resolution pays off. The music, as before, is lovely and really sticks in my head. Thanks for sharing your hard work here -- now, going back to watch it again! :')  
Thanks sky! So glad you liked it (is that a crying emoji?)! I can't get enough of this soundtrack it is totally emotional and absorbing. 
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, beautifully done and presented!
Thanks GFan!
ReverendSpooky wrote:Who says you can't improve on perfection! The updates on the figure really do give her even more of a sense of realism.  I'd never have guessed they were needed, but after seeing, they're subtle but are such an improvement.  And the video is incredible!  I can't believe how well you perfectly replicate each pose from the show, and how seamlessly the figure swaps out for the actress.  So well done!  Still completely awed by every aspect of this project, from the figure's detail, to the final result with the video.  Inspiring.  
To be the object of awe from someone whose work I'm in awe of is just... awesome! ( Question Neutral okay, that was weird grammar!) I so very much appreciate your positive comments and you know how I feel about your work. (it's just a love fest here!  I love you Smile) Seriously, though, I'm really glad you noticed the improvements and how they may be subtle but affect the look in major ways. Thank you!!
Stryker2011 wrote:I commented in the Video section, but I’ll leave another here — your extra work, and all the effort you put in to this new video, really paid off, TGF. Beautifully done all around. This project has been an absolute joy to follow.
Thanks Stryker! I saw your comment over there and will respond to it soon. It actually deserves a thoughtful response. In the meantime, if you felt joy from this project, I am most humbled! Thank you!

tankgirlfuzzy

Ovy wrote:I am back..u!

Let me dissect.

(Everything in CAPSU is to be read with a deep loud Japanese accent in your heads)

CHAPTER I

SAMURAI KOMANDERU

Yes, this is one  beautiful dude.

After delving into the Chinese side of historical armor and weaponry for fantasy purposes first, I also became interested in Japan again recently. Partly your fault, haha, although it's some hundred years earlier.

These little 'lamellae' held together by string/cord are what frighten me the most about delving into self creating Japanese inspired fantasy stuff. While other complicated materials like chainmail can mostly be hidden or marginalized with plate and padding, these inconic lamellae looks just have to be somewhere for the mood. Stringing together a suit out of little squares would be a great and fun project, but also might kill my brain and time like so many other projects, haha.
So it makes sense these are offered as cheaper one piece molds.
Also interesting a Hideyoshi armor can still be used in the period you are depicting. But I could also see some European 16th century cuirasses used on characters living hundreds of years later.

Overall, great authorative aura this guy. Especially in combination with the other soldiers.

CHAPTER II

HACHIMAKI BOI

If it really is about age, just be glad he isn't 99 or something. Really appreciate the OCD patience of making it all right and accurate with the squares. Just skill an patience or do you use particular tools? I see myself creating ugly frizzy cut up edges when attempting this.

While the body armor does seem to look differently on the show, I really like the color combo of reddish brown and blue here.

I actually like these Ashigaru body armors more than  the complicated strung together ones from the samurai. There are some segmented 'tassets' and 'pauldrons' held together by string but it's not too complicated, which I like. The fantasy armor I would bash one day would look more like Ashigaru I guess.

Btw, do you know your way around realistic Japanese head sculpts? I really can't find many on ebay etc. Actually I only found Takeshi Kitano yet. In three hair colours, haha.

CHAPTER III

FUTSOLDIERU

Ooh, that hat + strappings! It might look minor, but could you imagine him with just a simple leather strap? No, that would look wrong. Great job and detail attention.
And that solid chin beard is really a great help in holding the strings together I think.

Also really like this 'one piece' Ashigaru body armor, despite the anachronism (I wouldn't have known there was one if you didn't mention it).

CHAPTER IV

YAE

Kinda dejavueish..deja..vesque...to see someone's 'favourite' figure being reworked again and again, haha. And beating yourself up because having taken shortcuts. (Something I am doing too, recently.)
Speaking of which, these beautiful gloves are great, wanted to do something like this leather adding/lenghtening for a while now, with almost the same gloves. (But with adding armor finger segments).

Again, love how you found these tiny tiny flowers matching the show's right armband.

I made first thumb-up-like of video picture movie film!
The first transition makes her look like from a video game or animation show.
6 hours for one photo?? Yeah that's insane dedication.
Glad I am a normal person. Now let me get back to finding the right curve angle for the belly armor segment I am working on, so it can bend correctly when the character is sitting. After 4 prototypes I think I might be onto something. Razz Razz Razz

CHAPTER V

BURIZKERIGARU

One minor critque though, already mentioned it earlier, I think you overran/steamrolled/blitzkrieged us with so many releases of so many figures happening at the same time. It is so much all at once, this mega release took away from each individual figure which could be appreciated in more depth otherwise. Now they are a team which is great, but I could have more easily processed it in smaller bits haha.

Wow, thanks for this amazingly in-depth and supportive response Ovy! I will respond to your response ( Neutral) in order:

CHAPTER I

SAMURAI KOMANDERU

Yes, this is one  beautiful dude.
Ha, you know, I had a feeling that my least favorite figure and one that I spent the least amount of effort on would get a great response (not just from you, a few others have mentioned him above too). I think the intricate pattern even when just painted on can seem impressive, but this one was so poorly done I weathered the hell out of it to try to hide how sloppy the paint job was (look closely and you can see how splotchy and messy it is; just terrible; I did better when I was 12). But, it was cheap, less than $100 for the body, clothes and armor. (The arm armor is from the PopToys ashigaru and is well done, if a little narrow and tight.) BTW if you really want to get into accurate lamellar samurai armor the recent sets put out by PopToys and COO look spectacular, with all that "stringing" done for you, but it will cost quite a bit (looks like they start around $300 and climb up over 400 really quick). But thanks for the compliment, glad you like his "authoritativeness." 

And yes, in the bakumatsu period (end of the Edo era), samurai still had armor that was completely unchanged from the beginning of the Edo era 260 years prior, so any armor that's made for the Warring States period can be applicable to this time period as well. Helmets are a slightly different thing, but there are pictures of the old style and elaborate helmets being used even after the Boshin war, during the Satsuma rebellion (1877), made famous by The Last Samurai. But during this period, many samurai were starting to dress in Western style uniforms so there was a real mix. That's what makes it so fascinating and cool to depict.

CHAPTER II

HACHIMAKI BOI

Yes, the squares were cut out completely free hand, using nothing more than a small scalpel blade (#12) for my X-acto knife (#11 blade doesn't work well here). Of course I measured carefully and marked them out so the cuts followed the lines, but it just takes practice and patience. It's hardly perfect under magnification, you can see some rough edges, but once again, naked eye is good enough!

And you mentioned that the armor is different from what the boys wore, but actually, it is exactly the same style that a few of them did wear! There were several different types, but at least two or three of them wore exactly this style. Here's that pic from before:
Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 Kids_and_Yae_2
If you look at the boy on the far right, and the third from right, they are in fact wearing exactly this style, same shape and color (you have to enlarge the pic to see it better; also I have video evidence but it's too much work for me to go back and hunt for the right screen caps). The boy second from right has a similar style but with a different top "fork" where the shoulders start. And of course, the biggest boy on the steps wears totally different armor. The big difference is, for the boys who do wear this exact pattern, they are only wearing the front half because they are so small the full armor would have been huge on them! So the production team put the front part on their chests and bent the armor around their sides, and then tied it together with rope around the back. You can see a bit of that in this pic, also previously posted:
Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 Kids_under_fire

As far as Japanese headsculpts, it was a struggle finding them myself. The tough part is getting ones with the right hair pattern and also age. I needed to find as many clean shaven ones as possible and there are virtually none.

CHAPTER III

FUTSOLDIERU

Thanks so much for appreciating the hat and the chinstrap pattern! It seems so minor and simple but it's all about the details.

If I really wanted to be accurate with the cuirass I would have sewed or glued some fabric pattern and then glued about 30-50 small rectangular plates to it, but I thought this one was "good enough." Plus, I hate waste and if I didn't use this cuirass I probably would have never used it for anything else.

CHAPTER IV

YAE

Yup, sometimes you need to be obsessed with something if it really matters to you! That's the kind of project this has been for me. Thank you for mentioning the details like the gloves (the key is blending the colors so they look contiguous).

And yes, six hours, which didn't count the 2-4 hours of photoediting which came afterward so that it looked as close as possible to the production photo.

CHAPTER V

BURIZKERIGARU

Shouldn't that be ブリッつくリーグ ? tongue 

I do take your criticism to heart, and wonder if that's why not many people are bothering to comment here, other than you loyal and stalwart few who have. It's probably smarter to do one thread per figure, rather than appending each new update to one massive thread, and of course to space them out a bit. I get on a roll and I do like the "archive" quality of one big thread, but it may not be user friendly. My thread has garnered over 1600 views, but only about 15 people have actually commented on it, and I'm noticing there are some frequent posters on this board who are ignoring it entirely. Must not be their cup of tea. Oh well. Perhaps they really do think my work sucks, or I irritate them somehow (I wouldn't be surprised). I'm kinda old school in my modeling approach, which seems to clash with the way people are putting figures together these days, so maybe that's it. Who knows, I'm still grateful to be hearing from people like you, and I thank you sincerely for your always thoughtful comments.

104Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 Empty Yae's sakura; 八重の桜 Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:53 am

tankgirlfuzzy

We have a weeping cherry tree in our garden; not quite a true sakura but the flowers are almost as lovely and similar in color if not as profusely abundant. This past week it hit peak bloom (things were very late this year because of how cold and wet our winter/spring was) and luckily we've had warm sunny weather so they seem particularly beautiful (usually they peak when it is grey and wet out). I took advantage of the happy circumstance and took some pictures of Yae by her "sakura."

Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 P1090830_editYamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 P1090831_editYamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 P1090828_editYamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 P1090826Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 P1090819_blur_edit

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Beautiful shots. And I like the use of the tree as a stand-in Sakura. After reading about your LUMIX, I like how you pulled off the soft-focus in them, but I imagine after all this time you know how to play with it. She looks great.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
How gorgeous! What a great backdrop to have readily at-hand. And I agree, the natural lighting and the soft focus looks beautiful, like you are peering through time to catch a glimpse of her.

(and the emoji I used previously is one I just sort of made up to signify 'smiling through happy tears', aka 'happy emotions' , lol)

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Stryker2011 wrote:Beautiful shots. And I like the use of the tree as a stand-in Sakura. After reading about your LUMIX, I like how you pulled off the soft-focus in them, but I imagine after all this time you know how to play with it. She looks great.
Thanks stryker! The funny thing is, I really wanted a good pic where both the figure and the blossoms were in focus, but was unable to pull that off. A better camera might have been able to do it.
skywalkersaga wrote:How gorgeous! What a great backdrop to have readily at-hand. And I agree, the natural lighting and the soft focus looks beautiful, like you are peering through time to catch a glimpse of her.

(and the emoji I used previously is one I just sort of made up to signify 'smiling through happy tears', aka 'happy emotions' , lol)
Thanks sky! How poetic--"peering through time..."--it really means a lot to me to read such insightful and lovely comments that make this project even more meaningful to me. Just like Ovy's comment about how I am the stranger that Yae talks about in her death poem.

Full disclosure about the vignette effect on the soft focus in the last pic: that was all done by photo editing afterward. My neighbor's house is visible at lower left and ruined the look so I played with the colors there and blurred the photo strategically to hide it!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
What a very appropriate backdrop for your figure, even if it isn't the same type of cherry. Still a great choice. The focus quandry is probably familiar to all of us who try to stage photos with several purposeful elements. But perspective and depth sometimes demand the background to go a little fuzzy. In a way that might help the realism, or the scale.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hmm, in regards to wanting it all in focus— I’m sure Photogsblog could help you with that. I remember taking a “video” class a couple decades ago for fun (when you still had to shoot with tape — not fancy-shmancy digital) that video cameras always put everything in focus — I always found that to be a bit disconcerting, since the human eye doesn’t even work that way. Must have something to do with the inner workings of the video camera (or maybe the lens) — I can’t remember.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
GubernatorFan wrote:What a very appropriate backdrop for your figure, even if it isn't the same type of cherry. Still a great choice. The focus quandry is probably familiar to all of us who try to stage photos with several purposeful elements. But perspective and depth sometimes demand the background to go a little fuzzy. In a way that might help the realism, or the scale.
Thanks Guv! I think you're right, it ultimately works better with the blossoms just out of focus (or very, in the edited one) since the two aren't the same scale anyway.
Stryker2011 wrote:Hmm, in regards to wanting it all in focus— I’m sure Photogsblog could help you with that. I remember taking a “video” class a couple decades ago for fun (when you still had to shoot with tape — not fancy-shmancy digital) that video cameras always put everything in focus — I always found that to be a bit disconcerting, since the human eye doesn’t even work that way. Must have something to do with the inner workings of the video camera (or maybe the lens) — I can’t remember.
I might have to try with video on my iPad to see if it can do it, but as I stated above, I think it works better as is. Would be nice to know how to do it when I want it.

Ovy

Ovy
Ooh what a convenient coincidence to have a cherry tree in your garden, while at the same time being a fan of Japan!

Well and thanks for all the answers on the other stuff. Although I am not sure what the Japanese phrase means haha.
On your SAMURAI KOMANDERU, yes it did get great response, but maybe you see more faults with it than us, like if he was a...war hammer.
But on the other hand, the pics you shared are kind of low resolution. While it makes everything look more 'impressionistic' and maybe hides details that might not be perfect (like the strings/cords on the armor you painted), at the same time I can't really make out all the details that ARE beautiful.
Did you upload lower resolution pics on purpose or can this be fixed? Would also like to see higher resolution pics of the Sak...regular cherry tree scene.

And really learning more about these old armors everyday, thanks. Stringing something smaller together or put some little rectangular plates together might be a fun but time consuming project as I mentioned, haha.
Also read that some guys like Ieyasu etc. ordered some European plate armor from Portugal for occasions when they needed better protection, although they didn't like them that much as they were not so fancy and traditional. Are you planning on using some European plate (Europlate) too some day?

Ephiane

Ephiane
Holy Cow ! How could i mised this ? Here´s all inside. Fantastic Indoor and Outdoor shots, a History lesson, amazing figures, a little movie and a stop motion annimation ! The pictures of the cherry tree are wonderful, looks like absolute in scale. Think we don´t have to give her a smile with faceapp, she´s to tough to smile Very Happy
Thanks for showing !

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Ovy wrote:Ooh what a convenient coincidence to have a cherry tree in your garden, while at the same time being a fan of Japan!

Well and thanks for all the answers on the other stuff. Although I am not sure what the Japanese phrase means haha.
On your SAMURAI KOMANDERU, yes it did get great response, but maybe you see more faults with it than us, like if he was a...war hammer.
But on the other hand, the pics you shared are kind of low resolution. While it makes everything look more 'impressionistic' and maybe hides details that might not be perfect (like the strings/cords on the armor you painted), at the same time I can't really make out all the details that ARE beautiful.
Did you upload lower resolution pics on purpose or can this be fixed? Would also like to see higher resolution pics of the Sak...regular cherry tree scene.

And really learning more about these old armors everyday, thanks. Stringing something smaller together or put some little rectangular plates together might be a fun but time consuming project as I mentioned, haha.
Also read that some guys like Ieyasu etc. ordered some European plate armor from Portugal for occasions when they needed better protection, although they didn't like them that much as they were not so fancy and traditional. Are you planning on using some European plate (Europlate) too some day?
Yes, it was convenient to have this year, and the blooming is so fleeting you have to catch it when it happens (about 2 weeks) or wait another year. Very lucky it was late this year and happened to coincide with nice sunny weather. Usually I just stare at it from inside the house because it's cold, wet and miserable outside!

Sorry about the katakana it's how the Japanese say blitzkrieg (buri-ttsukuriigu). I was just being a smart@ss.  Smile

About the commander, no I was not being too self critical, because I did not paint those strings (perhaps you misunderstood?), it was a factory paint job, so I felt I could be critical. Rather than strip and repaint it, I just weathered it to mute it, because I didn't want to spend too much time on this figure. So it's a little different than being hyper aware of flaws from my own work, which I still do anyway!

About the pics, mostly it's my old camera (I posted about it in that camera thread), which has a max resolution of 7 mp but most of my pics are in 5 mp, which is not much compared to today's cameras. The other part is that I still use Photobucket which compresses the uploads, but it is not as bad as some think. My pics are meant to be seen on a large tablet or decent 24 inch monitor, but at the full size fitted to the screen, not zoomed in by pinching or scrolling. For details, I take zoomed in macro pics which I believe are at a decent enough magnification and resolution to provide good enough detail. Until I get a better camera it's the best I can do.

That's interesting about the Europlate armor but it makes sense as during the sengoku (Warring States) period there was trade with the west and weapons were being imported. I'm pretty sure by this bakumatsu period that Yae was in, all that stuff was probably gone, although many of those old matchlocks were still being used or converted. I will probably not be building figures with that armor until/unless I get really into that earlier period. Maybe someday!
Ephiane wrote:Holy Cow ! How could i mised this ? Here´s all inside. Fantastic Indoor and Outdoor shots, a History lesson, amazing figures, a little movie and a stop motion annimation ! The pictures of the cherry tree are  wonderful, looks like absolute in scale. Think we don´t have to give her a smile with faceapp, she´s to tough to smile Very Happy
Thanks for showing !
Thanks Ephiane, so glad you were able to finally have a look at the project, and thank you for your compliments! Yes, this version of Yae is pretty tough, but Haruka Ayase has a beautiful smile and shows it a lot in the rest of show before and after the battle. I'll try to find some from the battle and maybe we can experiment! Cool

Ovy

Ovy
Oh well I haven't looked into the camera thread yet, good to know you might have an upgrade soon.

I was browsing for some Japanese head sculpts recently, while there are really not many options I think these two are quite nice for soldiers, especially with helmets.

Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 S-l400

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Head-Sculpt-fuer-3r-jp639-JAPANESE-ARMY-FIRST-LIEUTENANT-sachio-Eto-1-6-Figur-/123722133567?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 S-l400

https://www.ebay.de/itm/3r-DID-Dragon-in-Dreams-1-6th-Scale-ww2-japanische-Akt-Figur-Takuya-/133270837674?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 JP638-1-400
https://www.militar-figuren.de/private-takuya-hayashi-headsculpt-p-37494

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Yes, yes, yes, you must get the first one! That's Nakamura Shidō (Jr.), and looks like that one is based off his role in Letters from Iwo Jima as Lieutenant Ito
Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 Z

He's done a few international movies, but his day job is actually as a kabuki actor. That's the equivalent of an opera singer being a big movie star!

And (drum roll...) he's got a huge role in Yae no Sakura! He played Sagawa Kanbei, an Aizu warrior who ends up a general during the war and survives, joining the Tokyo Police Force afterward and finally losing his life in the Satsuma rebellion as a member of the special police forces sent to fight the rebels (how ironic). He's described as "demon Kanbei" in the show, so fierce and feared is he by his enemies, and Nakamura has one of those intense, fierce demeanors that has him playing villains or fanatical warriors in many movies/shows. Interestingly, he has acted with Ayase several times, including as the archvillain in Ichi , as well as in the live action Moribito series where she plays the itinerant bodyguard and he is the king of the country she fled from.

Here's a pic from Yae no Sakura:
Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 Kanbei-0001

And a great gif of when he confronts Yae when she first offers to fight, and she spits back his resistance right in his face.
Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 Yae_Kanbei_confront

The other head looks good too. Clean shaven and younger, good for almost any era.

Bear in mind if you plan on using these for pre-1868, you need to either give them ponytails (queues) or cover their heads with helmets/hats. Men just didn't have short hair before the modern era.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting. I also liked and picked up the Sahio Eto head sculpt.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
A huge thanks to all who participated in my video "challenge" on that separate thread. You guys really came through and showed that ol' washed up site who's boss! tongue In about a week's time views from this site boosted the count by 66% and a few weeks after had doubled the total count, so I'd say it worked! And OSF has definitely retaken the crown over OSW with most views by far. I really do appreciate the support.

I was going to repost a bunch of pics of the samurai soldiers in a separate thread like I did for Takeko, but don't want to "blitz" you with too many posts/threads (in the words of the immortal Ovy). If you're just joining me now, and wondering "what samurai soldiers?", just click back a page and take a look! Don't be shy!  pirat

Anyway, some latest pics and edited photography of Yae and the troops. Why are these in 16:9 and stylized? Why, yes, I've got a new video coming out, I know you've all just been crying out for a new one!  Razz Seriously, this one will be so much bigger, better, and awesomer, it'll blow your mind... cyclops (where's that sarcasm font?)

Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 Yae_kneels_composite_2Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 Yae_squad_runs_1Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 Yae_squad_runs_2Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 Yae_squad_shoots_1Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 P1090896Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 5 Soldier_flag_4_grunge_2_50

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Here, too, the effects and filters work beautifully. And especially that last image could come from a still frame or poster.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! I absolutely love these new images — so cool. The visual effect of rain, etc, really sells the scene. Beautifully done.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
GubernatorFan wrote:Here, too, the effects and filters work beautifully. And especially that last image could come from a still frame or poster.

Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! I absolutely love these new images — so cool. The visual effect of rain, etc, really sells the scene. Beautifully done.
Thanks to you both! You wouldn't believe the amount of experimenting and tweaking it took to create those frames, and in the video, as you may have noticed, they just go by pretty quick, so I had to do a lot of them!

The "rain effect" is actually a "grunge" filter (or in some cases, two different ones of different opacities). I started out trying to just create distressed looking pics like in BoB, but then realized some of them looked like rain, and when the color adjustments created that grey sky look, I knew I had to try it. The other ones are more like a dirty lens/"snow" effect, which helps blend and age the look a bit.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh those pics are so gorgeous! Very moody and evocative. The poses seem effortlessly realistic (though of course I know how much work *actually* goes into posing them!).

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
Yes, great sense of movement, excellent posing and that flowing Hakimachi thing looks beautiful. I like the grungy rain and too find the last pic to be cinemaesque. You could paste dramstic red or white or both Japanese writing over it.

Btw I received the Nakamura head, thanks for all the trivia. It looks cool but I have to touch up the paint on the nose. I got two and a half old but gold samurai sets in exchange for 3d prints, one is old DiD Toyotomi Hideyoshi. Maybe I will give him crazy Mifune hair like in that Macbeth movie.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Thanks Ovy, appreciate the comment! You do realize these were meant to be seen in a video right?  Cool Very Happy

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Okay, I'm just making sure I get my video embed on this mega thread, which I had neglected to do first. (Not trying to bump, I swear!  Cool) But if you happen to swing by this thread and see it, feel free to view it here. Comments are appreciated here, there (on the other thread), anywhere, it's all good!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum