OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

tankgirlfuzzy

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh my goodness... this is absolutely astounding work! 😲 😲 😲 Incredible story and historical figure, detailed research, and that tv series sounds fascinating!

The figure itself is a work of art. Your craftsmanship is impeccable. Very creative and resourceful execution and stunning results!  cheers

And you are right, there's no way we would have guessed what you were making with that piece of leather! Laughing

AerynDiana wrote:Holy cow. I haven't read it all, cause... work,... but I will want to!
Thank you so much for putting all this together. It's totally worth it. The figure looks fantastic!!
Hey, thanks skywalkersaga and AerynDiana!! I missed your replies as I was busy trying to finish posting the rest of the thread, but the notifications kicked in and let me know. Really appreciate the support!

GregT

level of dedication to a single goal-- remarkable
attention to myriad details and screen accuracy-- staggering
end result-- off the charts
certainly a pleasure, this will be a return-to thread for many days

BAMComix

Wow! that figure is an absolute work of art! Your skills at clothes making are top drawer! Blown away mate at the level of skill involved to undertake such a project!

blackpool

Loved it all the way through, absolutely stunning work, all the ressearches, the sourcing, the crafting, it's freakin fantastic from start to end!

The achieved figure is gorgeous, I'm in awe looking at the details and level of finishing, brilliant! Thanks a lot for sharing this!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! Thanks for the history lesson, and the step-by-step process. The finished figure is a masterpiece. Absolutely incredible craftsmanship — reminds me of your Lord of the Rings upgrades, for sure. Beautiful work.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A most impressive and successful project. I admire your determination and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your rationale for choices and so much of what went into this build. She really is a fascinating historical figure, and it is refreshing to see that she was not conjured up from thin air for a TV show. Certainly an inspiring choice for your awesome custom figure. I do object to this use of "Byzantine." Smile

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
GregT wrote:level of dedication to a single goal-- remarkable
attention to myriad details and screen accuracy-- staggering
end result-- off the charts
certainly a pleasure, this will be a return-to thread for many days
Thanks so much, GregT, very kind of you!
BAMComix wrote:Wow! that figure is an absolute work of art! Your skills at clothes making are top drawer! Blown away mate at the level of skill involved to undertake such a project!
Thanks BAMComix, appreciate the comment! To be fair, although I'm fairly comfortable with leatherwork and clothes alterations, I have yet to sew my own clothing completely from scratch. I don't even own a sewing machine! tongue
blackpool wrote:Loved it all the way through, absolutely stunning work, all the ressearches, the sourcing, the crafting, it's freakin fantastic from start to end!

The achieved figure is gorgeous, I'm in awe looking at the details and level of finishing, brilliant! Thanks a lot for sharing this!
Thanks blackpool, that means a lot!
Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! Thanks for the history lesson, and the step-by-step process. The finished figure is a masterpiece. Absolutely incredible craftsmanship — reminds me of your Lord of the Rings upgrades, for sure. Beautiful work.
Appreciate it Stryker2011! I told you I'd be back! You know, I have to say that although Eowyn was a much more involved project, this one might have been more gratifying to do. But I definitely used the skills and knowledge I gained from those projects to create this one, and no doubt was able to work much quicker and with more confidence because of that.
GubernatorFan wrote:A most impressive and successful project. I admire your determination and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your rationale for choices and so much of what went into this build. She really is a fascinating historical figure, and it is refreshing to see that she was not conjured up from thin air for a TV show. Certainly an inspiring choice for your awesome custom figure. I do object to this use of "Byzantine." Smile
Thanks GubernatorFan! I'm glad you liked it and found it inspiring. As far as "byzantine",  Laughing Smile Neutral Embarassed . I did mean it in the sense of "byzantine plot or politics" and hope it caused no offense! You're not ethnically from the Balkans region, are you? It's such a common phrase to describe complicated stuff and often like using it, but I can change it if it bothers you. Wink

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
What an interesting woman and life, the figure is great too. I love the leather work and all the other smaller details. Amazing job on your part.

Perhaps I commit an error in saying that history is forgotten because we are made to forget about it, people and events are often reduced to a simple footnote of lesser importance or to a monument whose history quickly fades into obscurity as those that knew die and the knowledge dies with them. So much history is simply buried away.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 2 1f60e

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Theboo-bomb wrote:What an interesting woman and life, the figure is great too. I love the leather work and all the other smaller details. Amazing job on your part.

Perhaps I commit an error in saying that history is forgotten because we are made to forget about it, people and events are often reduced to a simple footnote of lesser importance or to a monument whose history quickly fades into obscurity as those that knew die and the knowledge dies with them.  So much history is simply buried away.
 Thanks so much, Theboo-bomb! Appreciate the comment, and I think you are right about forgotten history. But an adjunct to that is that history is often remembered by and for the winners, and it didn't help she was on the losing side of a civil war that essentially transformed Japanese society entirely.

35Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 2 Empty video Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:01 pm

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Here's that video on Vimeo I mentioned above, which I think many of you missed because it was a link. Finally got the embed feature to work with the help of GubernatorFan.

Of course watch it full screen with the sound turned up!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad it worked out. To view such embedded video, a user might have to activate the "Always allow HTML" option in their Profile > Preferences (towards the bottom of that page).

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
GubernatorFan wrote:Glad it worked out. To view such embedded video, a user might have to activate the "Always allow HTML" option in their Profile > Preferences (towards the bottom of that page).
This is confirmed. If you don't have it turned on in your preferences, all you see is the embed code.

It's simple and quick and will allow you to see any future Vimeo videos on this site going forward, not that it seems many use that video website.

Thanks GFan!

Ovy

Ovy
I am honest, still haven't read all the text, but before it is forgotten on page 2 I dig it up, maybe I find time on the weekend for reading.

Really spectacular work, the leather parts are my favourite, really took a liking of leatherworking. And the flower ribbon was a genius move.
I will return once I have read it all, many questions will be answered in the text probably.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
My god, I'm in such awe of this project. The attention to detail is just incredible, and all the leatherwork is freakin beautiful. Love the weathering, as well as how natural the ripped fabric looks, exposing the layers beneath. I think you'll be glad you went with the seemless body in the long run. Even if mostly covered up, it's just incredible for posing and photos, and I think clothing just sits more naturally. And I got sucked into the history lesson. Fascinating.

Also, so nice to see you back around here!!!!

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Ovy wrote:I am honest, still haven't read all the text, but before it is forgotten on page 2 I dig it up, maybe I find time on the weekend for reading.

Really spectacular work, the leather parts are my favourite, really took a liking of leatherworking. And the flower ribbon was a genius move.
I will return once I have read it all, many questions will be answered in the text probably.
No worries Ovy, I'm grateful you are interested enough to come back to it. Oh, and thanks for the comments and the bump up!
ReverendSpooky wrote:My god, I'm in such awe of this project.  The attention to detail is just incredible, and all the leatherwork is freakin beautiful.  Love the weathering, as well as how natural the ripped fabric looks, exposing the layers beneath.  I think you'll be glad you went with the seemless body in the long run.  Even if mostly covered up, it's just incredible for posing and photos, and I think clothing just sits more naturally.  And I got sucked into the history lesson.  Fascinating.

Wow, thanks ReverendSpooky, that means so much coming from you! You are the storyteller extraordinaire on this forum, so those of us who want to do more than just post pics of their figures (not that there's anything wrong with that) but also want to inform and entertain have you as major inspiration. Thanks for the welcome back, one of the things I'm looking forward to is catching up on all your threads I've missed.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been hard at work trying to take more pics of Yae and also creating a video project I hope people will enjoy.

Here's a teaser of some of the stuff I've been working on:

[Some old pics removed; I've kept the one below because it's useful to compare to the newer version on page 2, also posted right below this one.]

Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 2 Yae_Akizuki_Tsuruga_composite_screen_overlay

[New version]
Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 2 Yae_Akizuki_Tsuruga_composite_new_-_manual_blurred

More to come...

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome shots! those TBL bodies indeed take very realistic poses with the clothing sitting naturally on them! That figure is a masterpiece for sure!

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
blackpool wrote:Awesome shots! those TBL bodies indeed take very realistic poses with the clothing sitting naturally on them! That figure is a masterpiece for sure!
Thanks blackpool! Indeed those bodies are excellent, and their joints are generally so solid they hold the poses perfectly. If anything, they are so tight it can be difficult making subtle adjustments without disturbing the other limbs/joints.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
I finally finished shooting and editing this "music video" featuring soundtrack from the series itself as well as "freeze frame" animation of both figure and film clips. The use of freeze frame was a necessity to get past the YouTube bot censors which kept blocking any sustained video clips of the show I attempted to post. But in the end, I think it was a nice "artsy" touch that I enjoyed experimenting with. The opening credits to Band of Brothers was definitely my model and inspiration for the extensive use of freeze frame footage. This was by far the most complex and difficult video project I've ever done. Please watch it full screen at full 1080p. The whole thing is less than 3 minutes.

[Edit 5/12/21: Sorry, old video removed. The newer, much improved version in 4K with the updated figure, is the one I wish people to see. Please watch in 4k for best picture quality. You don't need a 4k device. 

Also, here are some newer pics, some are composites from the video, others are just stills, all shot in my new lightbox.
[Some pics removed]

Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 2 Yae_sits_sepia_custom_soft_skin_tone_white_preset
Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 2 Yae_runs_profile_compositeYamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 2 P1090733_neck_blur

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great shots of your creation! They really capture the spirit of the character!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, that video is stunning, tankgirl! The transitions between the film footage and your figure are beautifully done. And I appreciate the Band of Brothers-esque style, it fits the subject matter well.

The amount of work and obvious love and care that went into all of this, the figure itself and also the presentation, is quite moving. I can feel your passion for this historical figure and her story, and I'm honoured you have shared her with us!

Gorgeous still photos, as well.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Beautiful video, and excellent recreation of some of the scenes. I really like the music — now I’m going to have to hunt down the soundtrack. Excellent work all around.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Yamamoto Yae and the warriors of Aizu, 1868 - Page 2 C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:My god, I'm in such awe of this project.  The attention to detail is just incredible, and all the leatherwork is freakin beautiful.  Love the weathering, as well as how natural the ripped fabric looks, exposing the layers beneath.  I think you'll be glad you went with the seemless body in the long run.  Even if mostly covered up, it's just incredible for posing and photos, and I think clothing just sits more naturally.  And I got sucked into the history lesson.  Fascinating.

Wow, thanks ReverendSpooky, that means so much coming from you! You are the storyteller extraordinaire on this forum, so those of us who want to do more than just post pics of their figures (not that there's anything wrong with that) but also want to inform and entertain have you as major inspiration. Thanks for the welcome back, one of the things I'm looking forward to is catching up on all your threads I've missed.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been hard at work trying to take more pics of Yae and also creating a video project I hope people will enjoy.

Ah, damn Tankgirl, you are far too kind. If I could inspire you at all, I'm so beyond thrilled, because this is such a epic project. The commitment to every little detail is just incredible, and perfectly executed. All of the posed photos look awesome, and I love how well they capture the look of the show. And the video is so beautifully done! I love all the juxtapositions with the stills from the show, as it really shows how flawlessly you nailed every aspect of this project.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
BAMComix wrote:Great shots of your creation! They really capture the spirit of the character!
Thanks BAMComix! Glad you liked it!
skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, that video is stunning, tankgirl! The transitions between the film footage and your figure are beautifully done. And I appreciate the Band of Brothers-esque style, it fits the subject matter well.

The amount of work and obvious love and care that went into all of this, the figure itself and also the presentation, is quite moving. I can feel your passion for this historical figure and her story, and I'm honoured you have shared her with us!

Gorgeous still photos, as well.
skywalkersaga, this might be the nicest comment anyone has ever said about my work. Thank you. I'm humbled that you were moved by my efforts and results of this project. Watching this show was frankly a shattering experience, especially given the isolation of the pandemic and my own personal family losses. Yae's story spoke to me like no other film/TV experience ever has. So I poured all my emotion into this project, and I'm so glad you could feel it. I've had lots of positive comments of my work over the years, but having someone be moved by it? That's a special feeling and one I won't ever forget.
Stryker2011 wrote: Beautiful video, and excellent recreation of some of the scenes. I really like the music — now I’m going to have to hunt down the soundtrack. Excellent work all around.
Thanks Stryker2011! Yes, the music for this show is one of things that really makes the show special. There's a ton of it, at least 60 or more unique tracks, and most of it is truly excellent. NAKAJIMA Nobuyuki composed the bulk of it, but was overshadowed by the great SAKAMOTO Ryuichi, who did the main title theme as well as another track called "Yae's Theme," both of which are great, but the really evocative, emotional stuff was done by Nakajima. I'll send you a PM about how to find the soundtracks, because it's not easy. There are four albums in all, and not easy to find.
ReverendSpooky wrote:
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:

Ah, damn Tankgirl, you are far too kind.  If I could inspire you at all, I'm so beyond thrilled, because this is such a epic project.  The commitment to every little detail is just incredible, and perfectly executed.  All of the posed photos look awesome, and I love how well they capture the look of the show.  And the video is so beautifully done!  I love all the juxtapositions with the stills from the show, as it really shows how flawlessly you nailed every aspect of this project.
ReverendSpooky, you are the one who are too kind, and I greatly appreciate your supportive comments. I agree that this was an epic project, and that's not to pat myself on the back, but just to acknowledge that I poured a huge effort into making the figure, and then presenting it with the visuals, text, and video. As you can tell, it wasn't an everyday sort of project, but something that really meant a lot to me, so to hear your support means a lot.

Ovy

Ovy
I made it through the thread, it was definitely entertaining and worth it, learned a lot there!

While my knowledge of Japanese history is very limited, in the last years I came to realize many Samurai were mostly crazy glorified psychos and bullies with way too much power, haha. Similar to European knights. Well it was a completely different mentality then, all that seppuku stuff going on in a real large cultish scale, scary and sad. While I read all of it, I didn't completely understand why a side 'chose'  to be on the side they are on, as often it is just regional. But that war seemed really sad and pointless. Do you think these statues are more of a regional patriotism or does all of Japan celebrate them in general, even if they fought other Japanese, regardless of the site they were on?

Intresting insight about that Fukushima incident  being a catalyst to making her known again, first thought that was just a coincidence, to be honest I might have never heard of Fukushima prior to the tsunami.

These annual event shows sound intresting, also never heard of those (no wonder if they want to keep them for themselves).
In Germany it is mostly crime, crime in another big city, crime in yet another less intresting city, crime with less saturated colors and more depressed police. And of course the occasional depressing World War 2 stuff. (I might exaggerate a bit, but not too much)

Btw, what happened to her first husband?

Regarding the figure building part, you made so many right decisions, pat yourself on the shoulder for that. Really love the kind of leather you used for arm and bag, it seems so thin. That leather arm sleeve gave me backflashes to something similar I built, with the finger loop etc.
The flower belt is also a great accent. Overall, all the lovely little details make this figure so complete.

The white background on the first photos makes it look like she is standing on a hill on a foggy autumn day. Actually experienced a similar look today while walking.

And I second blackpool about the tbleagues, they are far more than just figures to show seamless skin, their superior posability is revolutionary next generation stuff. Even if ALL skin on the joints might crack and rip some day, I think even a heavily damaged seamless one can still be more useful than a brand new plastic one. First thought you used the s16/17, which is also a great, less stylized body.

On the video, really love the 'freeze Frames' you had to do because of the restrictions, but restrictions make creative. That Band of Brothers intro somehow gave the whole show and the people in there a kind of dignity and respect whitout turning it into patriotic kitsch, if that makes sense, so it worked out absolutely great in your version.

csyeung

csyeung
Whoa this is like next level! Fantastic work, esp with the detail and leather work!

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
csyeung wrote:Whoa this is like next level! Fantastic work, esp with the detail and leather work!
Thanks csyeung! Appreciate the comment!

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Ovy wrote:I made it through the thread, it was definitely entertaining and worth it, learned a lot there!

While my knowledge of Japanese history is very limited, in the last years I came to realize many Samurai were mostly crazy glorified psychos and bullies with way too much power, haha. Similar to European knights. Well it was a completely different mentality then, all that seppuku stuff going on in a real large cultish scale, scary and sad. While I read all of it, I didn't completely understand why a side 'chose'  to be on the side they are on, as often it is just regional. But that war seemed really sad and pointless. Do you think these statues are more of a regional patriotism or does all of Japan celebrate them in general, even if they fought other Japanese, regardless of the site they were on?

Intresting insight about that Fukushima incident  being a catalyst to making her known again, first thought that was just a coincidence, to be honest I might have never heard of Fukushima prior to the tsunami.

These annual event shows sound intresting, also never heard of those (no wonder if they want to keep them for themselves).
In Germany it is mostly crime, crime in another big city, crime in yet another less intresting city, crime with less saturated colors and more depressed police. And of course the occasional depressing World War 2 stuff. (I might exaggerate a bit, but not too much)

Btw, what happened to her first husband?

Regarding the figure building part, you made so many right decisions, pat yourself on the shoulder for that. Really love the kind of leather you used for arm and bag, it seems so thin. That leather arm sleeve gave me backflashes to something similar I built, with the finger loop etc.
The flower belt is also a great accent. Overall, all the lovely little details make this figure so complete.

The white background on the first photos makes it look like she is standing on a hill on a foggy autumn day. Actually experienced a similar look today while walking.

And I second blackpool about the tbleagues, they are far more than just figures to show seamless skin, their superior posability is revolutionary next generation stuff. Even if ALL skin on the joints might crack and rip some day, I think even a heavily damaged seamless one can still be more useful than a brand new plastic one. First thought you used the s16/17, which is also a great, less stylized body.

On the video, really love the 'freeze Frames' you had to do because of the restrictions, but restrictions make creative. That Band of Brothers intro somehow gave the whole show and the people in there a kind of dignity and respect whitout turning it into patriotic kitsch, if that makes sense, so it worked out absolutely great in your version.
Thanks so much for your thoughtful and comprehensive comments! I'm grateful for your appreciation and for noticing the details, because that's what ends up creating the whole. 

Yes, for the leather I always try to find the thinnest leather available, and with ebay, it's relatively easy these days. When I did my Eowyn, I bought my piece from our local Michael's store, and while it was very thin, it was not nearly as thin as this leather I found, and it was in the right color too, a bonus! RE: the TBleagues, I tried a whole bunch, but ended up with the s23 which I had originally not wanted to use but it just turned out to fit the clothes the best.

About the history, I know a lot of people who share your view that the Samurai were glorified butchers, including many Japanese. But the culture as a whole now seems to venerate that past, now that over 150 years have passed since that era ended (when Yae's compatriots fought their last battle the following year in Hokkaido). Certainly at that time, their power and status greatly outstripped their usefulness, and they were ripe for being overthrown once the western world intruded and upended their society. I'm very ambivalent about the feudal era and about the Edo period in particular. The Confucian concepts that structured their social fabric coupled with their very own notions of honor, sincerity and loyalty do hold some appeal to me, especially since I grew up in a very similar culture. But the dark side is very dark and of course runs counter to our modern western notions of egalitarianism and opportunity.

The story and that war was very sad, and rather pointless. They didn't "choose" to be on any side. They were completely duty bound to side with the Shogunate because their clan's lord was a descendant of the Tokugawa bloodline, and because any notion of violating that oath of loyalty and duty was anathema to this clan's very nature. Thousands had to die for this stubborn adherence to these concepts. The idea of being a rebel or traitor was worse than death itself, but the problem was that those terms kept changing until they were meaningless. Yesterday's heroes became tomorrow's traitors. That's the position Aizu found itself in.

The statues always start out as regional hero worship, but most Japanese appreciate them because they are almost always of martyrs who died for a cause they believed in, even if they took their own lives.

Finally, about her first husband: Kawasaki Shonosuke was much older than Yae (about her brother's age, so over 15 years older) and met her when she was something like 12 or 13. He was a good friend of her brother's from their "Dutch school" training days in Edo, and when her brother was promoted to artillery instructor he asked him to move to Aizu to become an instructor, but the elders were resistant to hiring him as an outsider. So he lived in a little room above their gunsmith shop at their house. Their marriage was mainly for convenience, so that he would have some status to be hired, and Yae would finally be married (she was virtually untouchable because of her total flouting of social norms as a woman who lived and breathed guns and ran around like a tomboy). But the show depicted them as an affectionate couple, so who knows?

What happened after the war was totally tragic. Most of the clan was banished to the far north of Japan, just south of Hokkaido, where they formed a new homeland (Tonami). Used to the lush farmland of Aizu, they were barely able to scratch out a living in the frozen north, and many died from starvation. Kawasaki was caught up in a rice deal scam, but because he did not want the clan to be stuck with a huge amount of debt, he accepted the blame for the deal and was sued for the money. The clan had to disown him to survive, and he died penniless of lung disease in Tokyo a few years later. Yae was not with him during any of this. When the men surrendered into captivity she had planned on joining them and suffering their fate (she assumed execution), but according to the show he exposed her as a woman at the last minute (presumably to save her life) and she was barred from joining them. She wandered the surrounding towns with her mother, sister-in-law and niece for about a year before joining her brother in Kyoto. When Kawasaki had his legal troubles, he unilaterally divorced her to spare her any involvement, and she had no idea what was going on. In the show, when she finally finds out she goes to see him and it is one of the most heartbreaking scenes I've ever watched. Who knows if it really happened, it was great TV! But he really did die in his forties of lung disease (TB or emphesema?) and when he died, it was discovered he was writing a "true" history of the Boshin war from Aizu's point of view. He was almost finished, and later, Yamakawa Okura (Yae's peer and an important Aizu leader) finished the history before his own death.

Sorry for all the rambling. The history and the show was extremely complicated and so much happened it's almost impossible to summarize succinctly. But I'm glad you asked!

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Okay, so my thread has over 480 views as of this moment (admittedly probably 50 of those are from me while I post, edit, check in, etc.), but YouTube is telling me my Yae video has about 25 total views from 13 unique viewers, and that counts the embedded video on this thread. Considering some of those unique viewers include my mother, a few friends, and myself checking it out from different platforms while logged out, that means only about 6 or 8 or 10 of you have actually bothered to view the video? Is it too much trouble? Just a click. Too much time? 3 minutes. If it bores you after a minute you can always stop it (although I have to say it starts to get more interesting in the second half!  Cool Razz Wink). Anyway, I'll resort to shameless begging to ask that you please watch it if you haven't already. Maybe it was bad timing (T-giving week), maybe it got lost in the thread with all the pics and comments. All valid reasons. But I ask that you just give it a chance and a quick watch. Heck, play it in the background, maybe you'll like the music! Suspect

[Old video embed removed; newer version substituted and also posted on page 3; please select 4k resolution for full HD experience. Your device does not need to be 4k capable.]

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you for that additional history lesson! I like to try to understand history through its own context, rather than impose our current views and judgements on it, so I can most certainly appreciate the sort of bittersweet 'end of an age' feeling that I get from this period. I can see things through a romanticised lense while also simultaneously acknowledging the darker realities. But viewed from any lense, this story is just soo tragic. ;-;

I for one shall now proceed to watch your lovely video again, because it deserves the views. <3

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum