OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ovy

Ovy
Hey guys, some might remember my post apocalyptic Mediterrans, who live in clans and use the giant shells of mutated sea creatures as tools.

Here is another one, Nayhadija! 

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_151305

When Roqi, daughter of Clan Chieftain Baloverne, returned from a months long diplomatic mission in  Southern Mediterra, she brought a mysterious guest back with her: Nayhadija.

Many in the Clan pretty much agree that this dangerous woman must have had a past as a pirate. And not just because of the shell eye patch and the tangled hair. To the displeasure of Roqi's parents,  the stranger with whom Roqi had become close friends stayed - and she replaced her personal bodyguard with her!

Nayhadija is a master of Moroccan Razor Clam fighting, a more elegant version of the Catalan super oyster technique.

Thanks to gregTacular GregT, who sent me these tiny shells overseas in an act of kindness, in a package that was lost somewhere for months! (Just when Corona 'started' in the West) you can see some of these shells attached to the waistband already.

The figure itself...I dont know if it is finished yet, she will probably get a shark tooth shiv and sheath and maybe tattoos, once I figured out a good way to apply them. Very hesitant to mess it up. I toned the body a bit with pastels (the normal one without the oil). The eypatch is a sanded and drilled shell, the earpod thingy is a tooth of some Irish fish jaw my brother brought back from there. The necklace is from a Moroccan mega shark. The neckpiece was cut and sanded to fit the body.

Original Mediterran thread:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1880p82-11-7-19-eurocalypse-mediterran-mega-update-pt-4-of-4?highlight=Mediterran

Roqi, her boss/friend/it's complicated
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2473-8-13-the-mediterrans-2-0-roqi-summer-shooting?highlight=Roqi

Chief Baloverne (not updated for ages, looks a bit different now)
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2429-01-02-20-the-mediterrans-phase-2-the-big-chief-shark-teeth?highlight=Chief

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_151110

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_150934

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_163650

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_050635

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_050305

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_150246

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_150654

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_150501

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_150757

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_163905

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_154534

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_154329

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_154223

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_154125

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_153918

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_151838

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_165202

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_151710

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_154851

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX_20201031_163953

As you see I shot all the pics in front of a boring blue background.  I need to print some free Mediterranean beach photos to be on the safe side, the older ones are stolen from calenders, haha.
I want to shoot a team up with Roqi and some fighting scene in natural light, but so much to do, so little time.

There are also some shots without the cloth after I painted the body, but she made sure to cover everything up with the blades to not break forum policies.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
She really looks fantastic! Everything about her feels so roguish and dangerous. Those clamshell arm blades look viscous, and look like they're made for both offense and defense. And I really love that outfit material, and the whole look and texture of it. So beautifully done.

So curious how she won Roqi's trust! I feel like there's a story there. Was there a reason she no longer trusted her former bodyguard?

Valiarde

Valiarde
Another great addition to your Mediterraneans Clan. She blends in very well and as your big overarching story keeps growing with the different factions. It is a giant scale (shell) project and all the details are always stunning.
Whenever I try sth similar I get annoyed with all the little straps or not so good sitting body accessoires and want to throw my figures against a beach rock.

Hope to see more pics of her with background/outdoor scenery. Smile

Diana

Diana
I love your work! She looks great and I'd love to see some shots with Roqi. bounce
And could you post a before & after of the head, please? It's always inspiring to see what's possible. Smile

PS: as Sky stated below your posing and photography are ridiculously good.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh wow, she looks incredible! Her face is so intense. I'm loving the effect you got with the (soft) pastels here. Did you apply them as a powder or using the 'watercolour' technique?

As always your outfits are astoundingly creative -- I'm always in awe of your 'fashion design' sense. Everything looks gorgeous and yet still functional. The arm blade weapons are an especially nice 'accessory', lol. And in this instance her entire outfit and overall appearance raises even more questions for me in terms of making me wonder more about her backstory. Who is she, where did she come from exactly, how did she lose the eye, etc. I love her name, also...

I'm especially impressed by her hair and hairstyle. You seem inclined to shorter hairstyles and willing to try some that I would personally find too daunting to attempt. You manage to make those shorter styles look so convincing, and I admire your skill with the hair in general.

Finally, the poses! So dramatic, so deadly! You and Rev are truly the best at these realistic action poses.... I am trying to take notes. :'D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another great character, full of attitude and detail. Great job with the worn, slightly dirty look (love the ripped fabric). The intensity of the face (and your treatment with the make-up, eye-patch, and hair) works very well with her no-nonsense militant aspect.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow! what an amazing character! I will have to check out your links now to other projects! Also, what a great world concept you have created! I love the ear ring and shell shell necklaces, just fantastic!

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome character and creation! Super nice posing as well!

Thanks for sharing

Ovy

Ovy
ReverendSpooky wrote:She really looks fantastic!  Everything about her feels so roguish and dangerous.  Those clamshell arm blades look viscous, and look like they're made for both offense and defense.  And I really love that outfit material, and the whole look and texture of it.  So beautifully done.

So curious how she won Roqi's trust!  I feel like there's a story there.  Was there a reason she no longer trusted her former bodyguard?
Thanks, great you get the vibe! And on the bodyguard issue, let's say for now, Roqi really doesn't want one of her dad's people to babysit her.

Valiarde wrote:Another great addition to your Mediterraneans Clan. She blends in very well and as your big overarching story keeps growing with the different factions. It is a giant scale (shell) project and all the details are always stunning.
Whenever I try sth similar I get annoyed with all the little straps or not so good sitting body accessoires and want to throw my figures against a beach rock.

Hope to see more pics of her with background/outdoor scenery. Smile
Thanks! The good thing about the Pearl straps here,  I made them the exact length for the area they are supposed to fit in and they are also flexible.

Backdrop outdoor coming soon/,one day/when it's done.

AerynDiana wrote:I love your work! She looks great and I'd love to see some shots with Roqi. bounce
And could you post a before & after of the head, please? It's always inspiring to see what's possible. Smile

PS: as Sky stated below your posing and photography are ridiculously good.
Thanks a lot! I dug up some pics. Didn't photograph the vanilla head I think, but the ebay image comes close.

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter S-l400

The thick hair made the lead look very small, especially the temples looked very narrow, but it was an illusion. The eyepatch also didn't make much sense on sculpted hair.
[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter PSX-20201117-165401

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh wow, she looks incredible! Her face is so intense. I'm loving the effect you got with the (soft) pastels here. Did you apply them as a powder or using the 'watercolour' technique?

As always your outfits are astoundingly creative -- I'm always in awe of your 'fashion design' sense. Everything looks gorgeous and yet still functional. The arm blade weapons are an especially nice 'accessory', lol. And in this instance her entire outfit and overall appearance raises even more questions for me in terms of making me wonder more about her backstory. Who is she, where did she come from exactly, how did she lose the eye, etc. I love her name, also...

I'm especially impressed by her hair and hairstyle. You seem inclined to shorter hairstyles and willing to try some that I would personally find too daunting to attempt. You manage to make those shorter styles look so convincing, and I admire your skill with the hair in general.

Finally, the poses! So dramatic, so deadly! You and Rev are truly the best at these realistic action poses.... I am trying to take notes. :'D
Thanks a lot, I only wanted to test the pastels on the neck where the sculpt hides it anyway, got something of that stuff on another finger and accidentally colored the shoulder. Wanted to rub it off with water and then there was no way back. I mostly drew lines in the depressed areas and then mixed the wash directly on the body. Not perfect but much better fitting than the greyish tbleague 'suntan'.

Very glad the design helped to make the story interesting, every character is supposed to tell a story by his appearance anyway, haha. It is always refreshing to create more mysterious characters to join the established ones.

The name is cool, right? Makes me a bit proud. Cool Mostly want to use fantasy names that sound like they COULD be used in the real world.

I don't always know how or why I choose the hairstyle on a sculpt. But I think it is a good contrast to Roqi, who is not a fighting character primarily, and the more practical Nayhadija. 

And yeah take poser notes! Learned a lot here too.

GubernatorFan wrote:Another great character, full of attitude and detail. Great job with the worn, slightly dirty look (love the ripped fabric). The intensity of the face (and your treatment with the make-up, eye-patch, and hair) works very well with her no-nonsense militant aspect.
Thanks a lot, grandma's socks are still kicking. Like our dear Reverend and the Skywalker, you found beautiful adjectives to describe the character I want to portray!

BAMComix wrote:Wow! what an amazing character! I will have to check out your links now to other projects! Also, what a great world concept you have created! I love the ear ring and shell shell necklaces, just fantastic!
Thanks a lot, also for digging around in my older stuff!

Oh and thanks dear blackpool, I messed up clicking your multiquote and mobile phone compatibility is a mess on this forum. I actually got that 8 light LED kraken thingy you recommended once and used it here.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She’s beautiful. Very cool details and nice mod of the Storm head sculpt.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter C8485110

Diana

Diana
Oh wow, thank you for those progress shots! Very Happy

GregT

hmmm, a master of martial arts with deadly beauty and a dark, unknowable past....
yeah that sounds like trouble (the good kind!)
seriously though, great work on the hair & mascara, weapons & attire, posing &
clear, sharp photos. looking forward to group shots and a front-row seat to the
drama that is sure to unfold!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Okay...This is pretty cool and original. Once again, you've made a very creative use of sea shells.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
She looks really deadly, as always the hair rework makes the figures look far better.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter 1f60e

Ovy

Ovy
Working through some older photos I have to sort and edit. Her looks changed a bit through the time as there is a bit to repair or re-do, not sure yet.

Finally some shots with her "princess" Roqi.
[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter Nayhadjia000

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter Nayhadjia002

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter Nayhadjia003

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter Nayhadjia004

Some kind of coat and more baggy pants look.
[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter Nayhadjia005

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter Nayhadjia006

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter Nayhadjia007

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter Nayhadjia008

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter Nayhadjia009

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter Nayhadjia010

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter Nayhadjia011

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter Nayhadjia012

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter Nayhadjia013

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She’s changed quite a bit. Still dig that shell eye patch.

Rovi looks awesome, too.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[02/24/23] Nayhadija, Morrocan Razor Clam fighter C8485110

ukshaun

ukshaun
Very good. I especially like the shot's feat. the ocean / cloud backdrop..
..and interesting posing skills.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Love that crown in the first couple of shots! I really like how the razor shells act almost like integrated forearm protection too!

davidd

davidd
Okay, the shell eyepatch is wicked cool!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, the crown is excellent. Princess Roqi rocks the crown. Smile Love all the details. Nayhadija looks as intense and serious as ever, ready to kick or slice butt.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great work on Rovi! love how you do the hair. Her outfit too is really nice.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Interesting stuff, as always Ovy.

Illusion

Illusion
cool to see updates/news from this fierce lady Cool

Valiarde

Valiarde
Still love your new backdrop that one will do a lot of great work for scenes and pjhotography. As always, love your details on the figures Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum