OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lazy Sunday - From the World of House of Seasons (New pics added 11/21)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I love a messy snack and games scene, and your figures, environment, and skills bring that to a whole new level.

PS -- great job with the lit fridge and the photo taking advantage of it!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Valiarde

Haha I love how the cat instantly replaces her in the last pic. <3 I went back looking at the other pics if I can find the cat again - and wasn't dissapointed Very Happy

Very dynamic scene once again, I especially like the jump in the second to last pic. Winner pic from this sequel for me.

BAMComix

Absolutely excellent! The beer bottle and chip packets are fantastic! as are the playstation pads and too add the big screen TV was just perfection!
The scene of them playing the fighting game really made me laugh! Again, it's so true. to life. It reminded me a lot of my wife and I playing games like Tekken and street fighter. The moving around in the excitement of the battle! Simply top class Rev! Loved it all!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice job on the new beer bottles. A couple of girls after my own heart — Doritos and beer! It is cool to see the TV side of the room. The posing and reactions of them while playing the game are fantastic. Really awesome stuff.

Ovy

Ovy
I just waited long enough for skywalker to post, so I could say that I was just about to write exactly the same thing! (Minus the posing problems. I think I made progress with tbleague posing.)

*Japanese Engrish Anime Voice*

"LISTU TAīMU!!!"

- Barbie fridge in a witch's world. That could be a song from the Ghosts of the Radio

- Night time milk drinking needs a photostory of it's own. I can imagine this being a ritual for Delia

- so Paris is a thing! Or the Eiffel Tower at least. In which area is it? I think spring.

- will you add photos of the arcade session to the fridge too or did I just not see them?
- if their world is colorful, crazy(haired), full of magik and witches and over the top battles, what are mangas for them? Slice of life stuff?

- they all know Japanese by magik? And which zone is Japan in?

- that whole shooting is very sulaīce of Laifu, making you forget all the horrors out there like the Blight and Coranu.

- will there be Bavarian Hexenbräu?

- If you ever do a shooting were they invite all their friends, please cover the whole table with empty bottles and traces of other recreational substances

- is there a magik mirror there to traverse the multiverse to the alternate dimension of St Crow's living room? Or maybe just run into the wall/furnace/TV very fast

- Delia could at least need one ankle bracelet.

Lazy Sunday - From the World of House of Seasons (New pics added 11/21) - Page 2 Lazysunday014_orig

^
- This picture emits the same deep friendship as this vine:

- And the cat watching, so cute.

- I'd fake join a cult for good 1/6 accessories any day

- Trigger fingers are great for a lot of stuff, like picking the nose, tapping the forehead, using cameras, drawing bow strings, scratching etc

- they look so dynamic on that couch, I think you could also do great roller coaster scenes

- Good job at splitting the photos, but like davidddd I still find it much to process, see you later

- you perfected 1/6 couch jumping photography

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Theboo-bomb wrote:Really great photos, that place is amazing and so full of details.

Thank you Boo-bomb

davidd wrote:Thank you for the additional info and the link regarding the spiral stairs.

The perfection of the latest sequence in the apartment is... too much for me to take in all at once.  Shocked  I'll be back.

Ah, take your time!  Not going anywhere  Wink

GubernatorFan wrote:I love a messy snack and games scene, and your figures, environment, and skills bring that to a whole new level.

PS -- great job with the lit fridge and the photo taking advantage of it!

Thank you!!!  And so glad you like the fridge shot!  

Valiarde wrote:Haha I love how the cat instantly replaces her in the last pic. <3  I went back looking at the other pics if I can find the cat again - and wasn't dissapointed Very Happy

Very dynamic scene once again, I especially like the jump in the second to last pic. Winner pic from this sequel for me.

Ah, thank you Valiarde!  It's funny, it wasn't intentional, but after shooting it I realized my black cat does the exact same thing, and immediately steals any seat I vacate.  Totally added subconsciously. And so glad that last jump worked!  I was playing around a bit before I felt like I finally nailed it.

BAMComix wrote:Absolutely excellent! The beer bottle and chip packets are fantastic! as are the playstation pads and too add the big screen TV was just perfection!
The scene of them playing the fighting game really made me laugh! Again, it's so true. to life. It reminded me a lot of my wife and I playing games like Tekken and street fighter. The moving around in the excitement of the battle! Simply top class Rev! Loved it all!  

Thanks so much BAMComix!!  And I love that you can relate.  For my partner and I, DOA was our main fighting game of choice, and it get's competitive!  Laughing

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice job on the new beer bottles. A couple of girls after my own heart — Doritos and beer! It is cool to see the TV side of the room. The posing and reactions of them while playing the game are fantastic. Really awesome stuff.

Thank you Stryker!!!!  And seriously, beer and Doritos, what more do we really need!?  I think that's what my day is going to entail today... So glad you enjoyed!

Ovy wrote:I just waited long enough for skywalker to post, so I could say that I was just about to write exactly the same thing! (Minus the posing problems. I think I made progress with tbleague posing.)

*Japanese Engrish Anime Voice*

"LISTU TAīMU!!!"

Thank you Ovy!!!  And yeah, I think you've got the posing thing mastered.  So bring on the list!!!

Ovy wrote:- Barbie fridge in a witch's world. That could be a song from the Ghosts of the Radio

It'll be the B-side on their first 7"

Ovy wrote:- Night time milk drinking needs a photostory of it's own. I can imagine this being a ritual for Delia

It might need to be!  I definitely need practice playing with lighting like that.  

Ovy wrote:- so Paris is a thing! Or the Eiffel Tower at least. In which area is it? I think spring.

Laughing Oh man, do I acknowledge you caught me out, or make something up, and pretend it was canon all along?  I'm just going to steal your suggestion, and say it's in the lands of Spring.  Not exactly Paris, but I can definitely see a very Parisian styled city fitting right in there.  The tower originally had some sort of occult significance, but now it's just a tourist destination.   Razz

Ovy wrote:- will you add photos of the arcade session to the fridge too or did I just not see them?

So, a bit of background, I did a few previous photo series with older bodies, and the polaroids are actually all taken then.  Since they're so small, you can't actually tell, so I decided to still use them.  And I actually have a little 1/6 Polaroid camera that I haven't introduced yet in any of these shots.  I'd previously done a few Christmas photoshoots, but since I've made so many changes to the characters, I took them down and they're not "canon."  But maybe this year calls for redoing a new Christmas photoshoot?  Maybe Delia gets a new camera, and then I do some new 1/6 polaroids...?

Ovy wrote:- if their world is colorful, crazy(haired), full of magik and witches and over the top battles, what are mangas for them? Slice of life stuff?

oh, totally.  How they long for the mundane!  Nah, I figure there's all sorts of weirdness to write about, even by House of Seasons standards.  Image a world of technology with no magik!  

Ovy wrote:- they all know Japanese by magik? And which zone is Japan in?

There actually is a kinda Japanese area in House of Seasons, and I have a couple characters to introduce soon (A sorta young gangster making a move in the Dog's Warf area and his Oni bodyguard).  The world of House of Seasons actually is very fractured and diverse, with a lot of languages, although like a lot of fantasy stories, there's a sort of "common" language most people learn, and is spoken by everyone in the capital.  Each region also has their own languages, with a ton of different dialects spoken within.  There are also various translation spells, with varying reliability. Most witches try to learn a few languages, since various spells and texts may be regional.  Delia and Thornapple know a sort of HoS Japanese equivalent language because they're kinda geeks, and took it up entirely to consume niche entertainment, as it's actually pretty uncommon on the mainland.  

Ovy wrote:- that whole shooting is very sulaīce of Laifu, making you forget all the horrors out there like the Blight and Coranu.

Yeah, I think I'm just as obsessed with these kinds of moment as I am the big action ones.  

Ovy wrote:- will there be Bavarian Hexenbräu?

Challenge accepted!  

Ovy wrote:- If you ever do a shooting were they invite all their friends, please cover the whole table with empty bottles and traces of other recreational substances

Another reason to do a new Christmas party shoot?

Ovy wrote:- is there a magik mirror there to traverse the multiverse to the alternate dimension of St Crow's living room? Or maybe just run into the wall/furnace/TV very fast

Sooner or later I'll slip up, and I'll have to do a shoot of Saint Crow trying to figure out where this Hand of Glory came from, or is introduced to the joys of television, stops going out, and starts binge watching anime.  

Ovy wrote:- Delia could at least need one ankle bracelet.

Lazy Sunday - From the World of House of Seasons (New pics added 11/21) - Page 2 Lazysunday014_orig

^
- This picture emits the same deep friendship as this vine:

That video makes me feel like someone slipped me something in my coffee.  Also, I bet those guys are in great shape from running like that.  Maybe I've found my new workout...

Ovy wrote:- And the cat watching, so cute.

The cats are ALWAYS watching.  Trust me...

Ovy wrote:- I'd fake join a cult for good 1/6 accessories any day

Completely worth it, even if it is a pretty janky tablet for the effort.

Ovy wrote:- Trigger fingers are great for a lot of stuff, like picking the nose, tapping the forehead, using cameras, drawing bow strings, scratching etc

The really are, right?!  Yeah, I definitely use for almost everything, but couldn't believe how well the thumbs rested on the d-pad and muttons, while the index fingers wrapped around to the top bumpers.  Ideal.    

Ovy wrote:- they look so dynamic on that couch, I think you could also do great roller coaster scenes

Don't make me build a roller coaster!!!!!!

Ovy wrote:- Good job at splitting the photos, but like davidddd I still find it much to process, see you later

Yeah, restraint is not my strong suit.  But I tried!

Ovy wrote:- you perfected 1/6 couch jumping photography

If you're gonna get good at something, make it something useful.  Razz   I WAS really happy with that shot though.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This update was absolute perfection. I love you I had wanted to comment earlier but RL is still kicking me in the arse. So, apologies that this comment is so brief. But the sequel was super impressive -- and despite not being an 'action scene', it totally counts as one. Wink Agree with all who complimented the posing, especially Delia's couch leap. The 'tv' was a creative addition, and the doritos made me hungry, lmao. The emotion from the characters was palpable once more, just so adorable.

Also, methinks I glimpsed the Hand of Glory on the shelf next to the tv... :'D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
What I love about your photostories, and especially this one, is that they are so utterly immersive. Obviously if you scrutinize any one photo there are visual cues that tell you "this isn't real, it's a model" (although some of the shots honestly... you can barely tell). But as you go from one panel to the next, the poses, environments, lighting, props, all the elements draw you into the story until you absolutely forget the construct and enter into this world. I believe that these girls are best friends (or more?  Wink) and that one's too hung over to get out of bed and the other came to hang out and their reading and playing games together. The artifice of it just falls away, until it's like I'm watching stills from a movie or a photojournalist's chronicle of real people.

I can't even begin to imagine what it takes to create such a detailed and complex world filled with totally believable objects and props that all seem perfectly to scale. I've never seen anything like it. People do static dioramas all the time, and some of them are unbelievably detailed and complex, but you take your environments and let your creations live in them, chronicling their lives and exploits so they are never static, but alive.

I'm just getting back into this forum after too long, and perusing your threads I realized if I tried to comment on every single one of them I wouldn't be doing anything else from now till the new year!  Shocked So I'm going to do something lazy and hit on some of your other threads that really struck me in this reply:

The gas mask story: The text is excellent and imaginative, but you don't even need it because you can sense the emotions and thoughts from the body language in the photostory. Loved this one, actually.

The bike chase: nice to see some action, and it's really dynamic, esp. Marrow's crazy poses! Shooting outside is hard, esp. trying to get those "eye level" shots in a natural setting. Really impressed.

Lighthouse radio station: Love, love, love this one. Seems like a simple setting and story, right? But you cram so much subtle detail into every shot it's astounding. The posters, the equipment, the little stuff like the cassette tape and even that tiny figurine standing on the bomb. Wow! But what sells it is how you pose St. Crow and shoot him. I can see him nodding his head to the beat, closing his eyes to soak in the sound. And when he gets up on that chair and strikes that pose: I can feel his ecstatic joy!

There's so much more, but like I said, I've only got so much time! 

Looking over your body of work makes me realize you've taken this hobby into the next level. Most of us model (and some at an expert level) or even just acquire/collect. You create worlds from your imagination and tell us its stories. Respect, ReverendSpooky, respect. Cool

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
1st off, so sorry for the slow reply on these!  Work, getting ready for the holidays, and prepping for that holiday photoshoot have completely kicked my ass this month, but wanted so badly to get back to these!!

skywalkersaga wrote:This update was absolute perfection. I love you I had wanted to comment earlier but RL is still kicking me in the arse. So, apologies that this comment is so brief. But the sequel was super impressive -- and despite not being an 'action scene', it totally counts as one. Wink Agree with all who complimented the posing, especially Delia's couch leap. The 'tv' was a creative addition, and the doritos made me hungry, lmao. The emotion from the characters was palpable once more, just so adorable.

Also, methinks I glimpsed the Hand of Glory on the shelf next to the tv... :'D

skywalkersaga, no apologies ever necessary.  My god, I get it.  This year...  But I always so appreciate your thoughtful comments!

So thanks so much, and so happy you enjoyed part 2!  I really so enjoy these quieter moments as much as the big action (Although I have some FUN action stuff in the pipeline). Didn't those Doritos come out good!?  A successful experiment!  I may have gone through a bag or 2 of real ones for...  Reference?  Inspiration?  Lets go with that...

And your eagle eye does spy a Hand of Glory!  Delia really shouldn't just keep that on a shelf, since possession of one is super illegal, but she's not always the most responsible...

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:What I love about your photostories, and especially this one, is that they are so utterly immersive. Obviously if you scrutinize any one photo there are visual cues that tell you "this isn't real, it's a model" (although some of the shots honestly... you can barely tell). But as you go from one panel to the next, the poses, environments, lighting, props, all the elements draw you into the story until you absolutely forget the construct and enter into this world. I believe that these girls are best friends (or more?  Wink) and that one's too hung over to get out of bed and the other came to hang out and their reading and playing games together. The artifice of it just falls away, until it's like I'm watching stills from a movie or a photojournalist's chronicle of real people.

I can't even begin to imagine what it takes to create such a detailed and complex world filled with totally believable objects and props that all seem perfectly to scale. I've never seen anything like it. People do static dioramas all the time, and some of them are unbelievably detailed and complex, but you take your environments and let your creations live in them, chronicling their lives and exploits so they are never static, but alive.

I'm just getting back into this forum after too long, and perusing your threads I realized if I tried to comment on every single one of them I wouldn't be doing anything else from now till the new year!  Shocked So I'm going to do something lazy and hit on some of your other threads that really struck me in this reply:

The gas mask story: The text is excellent and imaginative, but you don't even need it because you can sense the emotions and thoughts from the body language in the photostory. Loved this one, actually.

The bike chase: nice to see some action, and it's really dynamic, esp. Marrow's crazy poses! Shooting outside is hard, esp. trying to get those "eye level" shots in a natural setting. Really impressed.

Lighthouse radio station: Love, love, love this one. Seems like a simple setting and story, right? But you cram so much subtle detail into every shot it's astounding. The posters, the equipment, the little stuff like the cassette tape and even that tiny figurine standing on the bomb. Wow! But what sells it is how you pose St. Crow and shoot him. I can see him nodding his head to the beat, closing his eyes to soak in the sound. And when he gets up on that chair and strikes that pose: I can feel his ecstatic joy!

There's so much more, but like I said, I've only got so much time! 

Looking over your body of work makes me realize you've taken this hobby into the next level. Most of us model (and some at an expert level) or even just acquire/collect. You create worlds from your imagination and tell us its stories. Respect, ReverendSpooky, respect. Cool

Tankgirlfuzzy, thank you so much!!!!!!  Your comments have genuinely made me so deliriously happy.  I always feel like these are the kind of moments life is really all about, the quite days with someone close, the people who come to nurse your hangover, and it's the sort of feeling I so deeply want to capture and convey.  So when I hear that those come through, it just feels the most incredible sense of accomplishment and connection, that these worlds and feelings aren't just in my head, but have managed to find their way to someone else as well.  It is the thing I chase in every shoot, so seriously, thank you.

And you are VERY right about them being more than just friends.  Their relationship is always a little undefined and complicated.  They are both completely in love with the other.  The sad part is that Delia, having grown up as the daughter of one of the worst villians the House of Seasons has ever know, has this deep-seated feeling that she doesn't deserve to be loved, and will periodically do something that completely sabotages their relationship.  Maybe sadder, Thornapple completely understands the issue, but doesn't know how to ever fix it, and has sort-of made peace with the inevitability of these self-destructive incidents, while still always looking for a solution.  The question is, will Delia's continued heroic actions in the larger story ever be able to help her sorta absolve herself of these feelings.

Ah, and incredible you got to look through all the past posts!!!!  Totally awesome to add comments on them here, and I'm so appreciative!  

The gas mask story: I had so much fun doing this one!  I liked trying to get at the quirks of Crow and Marrow's relationship, and capture the dynamic between them.  

The bike chase: I have 2 tripods I use, one for table level stuff, and this little mini one I use for anything ground level, that you can really get low with.  I so badly want to find more outdoor places to shoot!  I'm in a somewhat urban area, so options are limited, and I'm WAY too self-conscious to shoot anywhere I'll have to actually interact with anyone.  So thankfully, my poorly maintained small back yard has worked well as the wasteland so far.  Very Happy

Lighthouse radio station: I am so stupid proud of this one!!!!  And you completely nailed everything I wanted to get across.  That powerful love of rock n roll is the core of the Radio Kings story, and I so wanted to convey that energy here. That pure excitement.  Based on your comments, I think you know EXACTLY what that's all about.  Very Happy

And again, thank you so much for the incredible comments!  They really do mean the world to me.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Wonderful pictures!

Dr. Dahk'nezz

This is excellent! For some reason when I looked at pics 5 and 6 I could hear Hendrix doing Foxey Lady...lol...Tired and hungover but still seemed confident in herself...

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
ReverendSpooky wrote:...

And again, thank you so much for the incredible comments!  They really do mean the world to me.
Where's that heart emoticon anyway? <3 (edit: found it! I love you)

ukshaun

ukshaun
Amazing!
The backdrops look extra special.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
TravelGuide wrote:Wonderful pictures!

Thank you TravelGuide!!

Dr. Dahk'nezz wrote:This is excellent! For some reason when I looked at pics 5 and 6 I could hear Hendrix doing Foxey Lady...lol...Tired and hungover but still seemed confident in herself...

Hell yes! Thanks Dr! Hendrix is never a bad soundtrack to start the day with either. And I think that describes her to a T.

ukshaun wrote:Amazing!
The backdrops look extra special.

Thanks Ukshaun! I'm still always tweeking it, and so glad you dig.

ZombieTestSubject

Very cool sets. I may have said it before, but in addition to setting up such amazing environments and creating such vivid characters, you have a knack of making stylized figures act in such natural ways.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum