OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

KG hobby black friday sale with code

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty KG hobby black friday sale with code Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:04 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Just posting some black friday sales, some of you may or may not be aware of already.

KGhobby 8% off 50 USD or more purchase Use this code: 8KG2020 (I grabbed a few bodies as it looks like Giantoy has raised prices again)

Giantoy had a sale of some kind last year but havent seen anything this year.

2KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:27 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
How was the shipping? That’s where they usually kill any savings for me.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

KG hobby black friday sale with code C8485110

3KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:45 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:How was the shipping? That’s where they usually kill any savings for me.

I grabbed like 3 bodies 36 airmail i think. I think it was 46 for EMS. If i got another figure would have been like 52 for airmail and 54 ems, which i would have chosen ems at that point. Regardless, my total for 3 was like 164 (inc paypal conversion. Should have been like 158 according to their total on site) So averaged out to just a bit over 54 each for me. Giantoy raised their prices a couple times and are all like 60.99 each which makes me sad as that's where I used to get them from. Since these were in stock items, you can check shipping before completing.

4KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:48 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool. Thanks for the info. I’m going to check them out.

5KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:17 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, thanks for the heads-up! I'm not sure how the shipping to the UK is, but I'll have a look...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:36 pm

Ovy

Ovy
A coupon code? Now I have no reason to not buy from kghobby anymore, damn. And thanks!

Are your packages littered with dozens of Hong Kong stamps too? I really like these.

7KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:11 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Haha, I used to get packages from my grandma and they used those old green parcel paper and had stamps all over them. They were usually multicolored and had the queen on it haha. The smell inside had a distinctive parcel smell heh.

8KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:14 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I just did the math on 3 bodies from both KGH and Giantoy, and with shipping it worked out to a $1.00 difference, and since PayPal doesn’t reimburse on shipping, and all of Giantoy’s prices include built in shipping, I’ll be going with Giantoy.

9KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:30 pm

csyeung

csyeung
yeah the shipping on kghobby is always a question mark on whether it'd be cheaper or not.

10KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:26 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I just realized that with the UK, I need to take into consideration customs charges, too....

11KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:09 pm

csyeung

csyeung
skywalkersaga wrote:I just realized that with the UK, I need to take into consideration customs charges, too....

This is true, customs can be random. Usually if I order from Giantoy, I haven't been hit, but this is the first time I'm ordering from KG Hobby so I'll let you know. If they do, it'll end up the same price as getting from Giantoy.

12KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:43 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
csyeung wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I just realized that with the UK, I need to take into consideration customs charges, too....

This is true, customs can be random. Usually if I order from Giantoy, I haven't been hit, but this is the first time I'm ordering from KG Hobby so I'll let you know. If they do, it'll end up the same price as getting from Giantoy.

That's my concern, as well. At this point, I will likely stick to GianToy, as they seem to avoid the customs/tax stuff... for now, at least.

Incredibly frustrating, cause those KGHobby prices for the tbleague bodies are sooo low, ahhh.

13KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:48 pm

Theflyingman

Thanks for the code! Yes I find the same thing. Once we factor in shipping kghobby's lower prices often work out more expensive than the competition. Hopefully this code makes a difference 🙂

14KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:57 pm

rui

For me (shipping to Los Angeles), 3x female figures or 2x male figures is ~$25 Airmail or ~$57 EMS. Beyond that and Airmail jumps significantly to within $10+/- of EMS. I break up my orders because that ends up being cheaper with $25 shipping. I think for female figures, it's around ~$145-155 shipped for 3 from KGHobby versus ~$180 from Giantoy.

That said, the code isn't working for me. Just gives me:

"The coupon code you entered couldn't be applied to any items in your order."

Is that supposed to start Nov 27 US time? Cause it should be Nov 27 in Hong Kong already.

Nevermind. I was using the KG82020 posted on their website which is apparently incorrect.

15KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:58 pm

csyeung

csyeung
weird, the coupon worked for me, I ordered earlier in the day EST.

8KG2020

Valid til Dec. 1

16KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:01 am

rui

csyeung wrote:weird, the coupon worked for me, I ordered earlier in the day EST.
Just saw the first post and looks like they had the wrong code (KG82020) in their banner. Saw the correct code on the first post and that works. Very Happy

17KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:02 am

csyeung

csyeung
rui wrote:
Just saw the first post and looks like they had the wrong code (KG82020) in their banner. Saw the correct code on the first post and that works. Very Happy

Great! Glad you scored a bit of savings!

18KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:25 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, this was useful!

19KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:17 am

blackpool

blackpool
Ordering very often from them, the customs and taxes kinda depend on what your order, I think on high value items or orders they are kinda stuck with declaring the real value or something close for insurance purpose I guess... Anyway when I order clothing sets or small brand figures, spare bodies, even three or four at a time, I don't get customs or taxes, but when ordering a hot toys it's random, sometimes I get taxes, sometimes not...

Now I'm gonna check their site again, damn black friday deals lol

20KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:36 am

Diana

Diana
Thank you for the heads up!

To add to the Giantoy vs KG discussion: I've never been hit with import tax by either.

When I cancelled a pre-order
- KG simply gave me store credit, which I went on to spend right away. Easy.
- Giantoy refunded me via Paypal, and the fee had me at a loss enough to p me off. Maybe asking them to just give me store credit would have worked, but I didn't know.

KG state on their website that they take cancellation fees, but when I did cancel they didn't, because it was still early.
Giantoy always offer free cancellation with full refund if I recall.

21KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:26 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the input, everyone. I’d love to order a couple tbleague bodies with this discount because I’ve been finding them more difficult to justify purchasing these days (mainly cause I have a lot of other competing expenses atm). Sometimes I despair that it will take years before I can collect all the tbleague bodies I want/need for various projects, lol. So, lower prices are super tempting, but also seem too good to be true. At the moment, I’m only seeing a difference of about £10 between the KGhobby sale prices + shipping and the GianToy prices w/ shipping included. If I get hit with customs it would send it way over the GiantToy price. So ahhh, not sure if worth it or not...

22KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:24 pm

csyeung

csyeung
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for the input, everyone. I’d love to order a couple tbleague bodies with this discount because I’ve been finding them more difficult to justify purchasing these days (mainly cause I have a lot of other competing expenses atm). Sometimes I despair that it will take years before I can collect all the tbleague bodies I want/need for various projects, lol. So, lower prices are super tempting, but also seem too good to be true. At the moment, I’m only seeing a difference of about £10 between the KGhobby sale prices + shipping and the GianToy prices w/ shipping included. If I get hit with customs it would send it way over the GiantToy price. So ahhh, not sure if worth it or not...

GT now has it's BF sale up. I think you can get 5 usd off if you buy 3 in stock items. In previous sales, they didn't include bodies, but I don't see anything this year that restricts that. I know, it's not much.

23KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:27 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for the input, everyone. I’d love to order a couple tbleague bodies with this discount because I’ve been finding them more difficult to justify purchasing these days (mainly cause I have a lot of other competing expenses atm). Sometimes I despair that it will take years before I can collect all the tbleague bodies I want/need for various projects, lol. So, lower prices are super tempting, but also seem too good to be true. At the moment, I’m only seeing a difference of about £10 between the KGhobby sale prices + shipping and the GianToy prices w/ shipping included. If I get hit with customs it would send it way over the GiantToy price. So ahhh, not sure if worth it or not...

GT now has it's BF sale up. I think you can get 5 usd off if you buy 3 in stock items. In previous sales, they didn't include bodies, but I don't see anything this year that restricts that. I know, it's not much.

Been there done that! Very Happy

24KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:34 pm

csyeung

csyeung
hehe, if I hadn't already gotten the bodies already at KG, I probably would have bought something. Ah well, maybe next year.

25KG hobby black friday sale with code Empty Re: KG hobby black friday sale with code Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:27 pm

csyeung

csyeung
My order from KG hobby finally arrived. They sent via speedpak and I didn't get dinged for any import taxes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum