OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

GeeWillikers

skywalkersaga wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:

Sculpts aside, I don't really care for this latest run of armoured figures which aren't that far removed from the rest of TBL's long run of fantasy warrior women. I really wish they would do at least a few more 'ordinary' costumed figure sets like Nancy In Hell.

Agreed. I have nothing against fantasy characters in theory, but more often than not the aesthetics that tbleague uses for their 'original' fantasy figures aren't my thing at all.

Nancy in Hell and Kier Valkyrie remain my top fave tbleague figures, sigh...

Painkiller Jane, Keir and Gethsemone were all very tempting at various points, but Nancy is actually the only full TBL set that had enough of interest in it (coinciding with enough spare funds) to make me buy it all in one go Shocked

Otherwise I've been kitbashing more 'everyday' figures using TBL loose parts all the way. Although even the Vampirella I've got on a seemingly eternal backburner is an ongoing kitbash starting from when I first got into seamless figures. TBL's League Of Impractically Sexualised Armoured Warrior Babes(TM) line holds absolutely no interest for me personally as full sets (aside from maybe the 'scars' version of Red Sonja but that was still mainly for the head sculpt and the unique body, and then I only ended up getting the sculpt and a few loose parts).

Even the 'Egyptianese' sets which I would be potentially more interested in (the entirely fantastical comic-based 'Cleo' definitely does not count as one of those though Laughing ) don't seem to entirely work, even with their basic historical/mythological/technical inaccuracies and ethnic questionability handwaved aside (let's look at the floppy feet and non-removable headpiece of the Nefertiti figure, for just one example).

There just seems to be a real paucity of ideas in TBL's 'original concept' sets of late (Back On Topic: this one being no exception). I'm not surprised some of the sets seem to now be being withdrawn or delayed from release.

Xavion2004

GeeWillikers wrote:There just seems to be a real paucity of ideas in TBL's 'original concept' sets of late (Back On Topic: this one being no exception). I'm not surprised some of the sets seem to now be being withdrawn or delayed from release.

I don’t disagree at all that TBLeague seems to lack imagination, at least thematically. They still seem to be selling well enough, though. I decided to get my feet wet in 1/6 again by picking up a couple of the Spartan Commanders, and while they’re certainly not impossible to still find on the primary market, most vendors I checked had sold out of the gold and black versions or were awaiting more stock. (I ended up getting them from Ekia). The silver version isn’t moving too well.

It will be interesting to see how the Defenders and the Knights perform, though. The price tag is definitely an issue, especially for someone coming from the 1/12 scale. 1/6 figures are going to have to be more of a special treat than a regular part of my collecting diet.

brassco

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 01
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 02
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 Flashsgl-soft
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 Sdr-soft

First look at the contents. No base, so easier on the shipping. 2 layers of goodies. 

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 Seg-soft

First look at the dressed figure. It appears that the suit and armor can be taken off. 

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 07
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 08
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 09

First look at the HS. I am glad i go with this one. 

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 10
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 11
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 12
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 13

minimum attire with HS.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 Oznor-WO-soft

I noticed the body seems to be plastic covered. To prevent stain? or to prevent the body being charred by the marks of the iron chained suit?

The rest of the items. The hand sculpts consists of a pair of close fists, holding fists, and relaxed hands.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 16
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 Oznor-WO-soft

The shoulder armor was pretty easy, however, the neck armor, used up most of my time. It has the same fasterner as the shoulder armor, but boy, it was so difficult to hook up! I have to use 2 pincers to try and try. Finally succeeded! Phew!

With most accessories  on.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 Sdr-soft
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 24

With the cloak, the sheath and the shield. The sheath is tied around the waist with a simple belting mechanism, but it is also not easy to belt on, as it is so small. A pincer will help.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 25
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 26

With the helmet on.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 29
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 30

I usually do not go for a fully covered figure from Tbleague, but this figure is pretty gorgeous.

rollotomasi

Gorgeous indeed! That chainmail suit looks amazing!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, the "chain" mail is great, even with (or because of) the zipper in the back. Congratulations on managing to snap all the pieces into place -- they don't always make it easy. And thanks for all the photos.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Thanks a lot for the photos, Brassco. I was impressed that the mobility didn't get compromised, even with all this gear. I loved this figure and really wanted to afford both versions, but ended up getting only the black one. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks pretty good. Thanks for sharing, Brassco. I like their solution to "chainmail"

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 C8485110

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Thanks for the great pics, brassco! It’s a very nice figure in and of itself, but a little too similar to the Spartan Commanders once you get past the chainmail. I have the Golden and Black Spartan Commanders, so I’m going to have to pass on this one. I’m hoping to see that chainmail again though, maybe with a more simple design.

brazybear

brazybear
Beautiful, I CANNOT wait for mine. TBLeague did an OUTSTANDING job with the faux chainmail.

She's brushing her hair aside, NOT punching herself in the face Laughing

Annalise

Annalise
Nice photos, thanks for posting. I'm so envious you get to play with yours already... the waiting is the hardest part.

bunnyfreakz

bunnyfreakz
Got mine. It's fantastic , I am satisfied overall. Chainmail suit looks amazing, armor design is intricate with strong silhouette.

Do not take alot of photos but here we go

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 MtiuQ8V

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 ObGXuMm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks great, about to be inducted in some sort of armed sisterhood. Smile

gooboo

Got mine in the mail today. I I like the black one more overall, but I'm still thinking about possibly getting the head from the other version as well. Might have to just pay the scalper's price for it...

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 Royald10

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
gooboo wrote:Got mine in the mail today. I I like the black one more overall, but I'm still thinking about possibly getting the head from the other version as well. Might have to just pay the scalper's price for it...

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 Royald10

The color tonalities of these are really confusing me in the various pics, and there may be nothing for it other than ideally to see them in hand.  In the promo pics Gold actually looked like Gold, and had the apparent effect of making all the detail stand out, much more than the Black version.  This conflicted my choice because otherwise, I definitely much preferred the Black Shield and Spear combo, and probably the Black's sculpt.  But it's looking to me now from all the in hand and room lighting pics that actually "Black" may be closer to dark brown with some black parts, and "Gold" not all that different, more like light brown with darker parts.

gooboo

Yeah it's really more of a dark brown than charcoal black color.

brassco

brassco
how come neither gooboo nor bunnyfreakz mentioned the neck armor issue? it's easy to put on?

@gooboo: yeah, i bought the gold version because i didn't like the black's HS. I would have actually bought the black version as black is more my color.

suo76

The Plateboots of the Imperial Guardian work at least on the Golden Version. They bend the shin guard a little at the joint, but I don't mind it too much. For me it is an aesthetic and functional improvement. Don't know if it would work with the Black Version's colour scheme.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 20210417
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 20210416

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
suo76 wrote:The Plateboots of the Imperial Guardian work at least on the Golden Version. They bend the shin guard a little at the joint, but I don't mind it too much. For me it is an aesthetic and functional improvement. Don't know if it would work with the Black Version's colour scheme.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 20210417
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Royal Defender (#PL2020-172A/B) - Page 3 20210416

Woah, this really is a great improvement. It indeed made the aesthetic and functionality way better. It's funny how a simple change can improve the figure overall so much. You had a hell of an idea there, and don't mind me stealing it. Very Happy I'm gonna try to find those Imperial Guardian plateboots or a similar one to swap on mine (when it arrives).

suo76

FreakinLobster wrote:Woah, this really is a great improvement. It indeed made the aesthetic and functionality way better. It's funny how a simple change can improve the figure overall so much. You had a hell of an idea there, and don't mind me stealing it. Very Happy  I'm gonna try to find those Imperial Guardian plateboots or a similar one to swap on mine (when it arrives).
I got them parted out on e-bay for about 20 $.

Phicen clothes

Phicen clothes
WOW!!! What a gorgeous and sophisticated costume!!! I am in awe of this beauty!!!

https://www.instagram.com/phicen_exotic_clothes/

Ghost808

Ghost808
I went with the brown version, mainly due to the sword/scabbard, and also because I feel the brown leather feels more historically believable. I put my miss spetsnaz head on her too, which looks great imo.

I wasn't a fan of the head, or the spear on the black version. The sheild is really nice though.

Nice work swapping the boots, suo76. The flat feet do make it more believable and functional. It's a shame the stock feet are heeled, as the nose of the boot looks really nice, and fits the overall aesthetic well.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I just missed out on a reasonably-priced 'Golden' head sculpt on Monkey Depot. Sad

Curse you, if it was one of you who snapped it up before me Smile

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Man, you have to move fast on Monkey Depot don’t you? I was putting a Leon Kennedy together last night and trying to get the best pricing on each piece I wanted from different sites, and by the time I was ready to go, the Leon head and a few other key items I had in my Monkey Depot cart were already out of stock.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Xavion2004 wrote:Man, you have to move fast on Monkey Depot don’t you?  I was putting a Leon Kennedy together last night and trying to get the best pricing on each piece I wanted from different sites, and by the time I was ready to go, the Leon head and a few other key items I had in my Monkey Depot cart were already out of stock.

More than once, I've lost out on something in the time between adding it to the cart and then adding another item Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum