OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Beautiful progress. The haircut worked out great, and you achieved a very nice look (and posing) for her.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Ephiane

Yay ! A new 1:6 Story with cool charcters. Give me more. Love Your Girls !

Ovy

I remember having seen and read this, but somehow I never answered? Razz

Nice choice of head sculpt, just yesterday I was working on the same one! But I removed the soft scalp with the hair. So if anything goes wrong with yours you can have the wig. Razz

Worbla might be good for the armor.

Last pic is very groovy, like the title soundtrack might start any second. Great poses and dreamy strange background. Inception was nice and all, but Christopher Nolan's dreams look so very boring, just cityscapes, landscapes and gunfights.  Hope you are going to add more of that nice surrealistic dream imagery.

I also once made some illustrations of people who explore dreams nd called them Oneironauts. xD

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice new character. I like the use of that Captain Marvel-ish head sculpt, and her hair cut gives her a bit of a 60s retro style. I agree about Kaelee being too undersized.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great new characters, Diana! And I love the dream effects! Looking forward to seeing these figures completed.

Regarding the s25b -- I love that body, but I do wish there were some kind of happy medium between it and the s17b. That being said, I don't think it looks bad at all. But of course, you know your characters best. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:I know this is still WIP but the concept is so creative and your progress is looking great! Looking forward to seeing more as they near your concept vision!
Thank you so much! I will post progress for sure!

BAMComix wrote:Wow Diana! she looks awesome! the sculpt is so detailed!
Sadly I can't take credit for the sculpt, except for picking it, but I do think the shorter hair enhances its beauty. Smile

GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful progress. The haircut worked out great, and you achieved a very nice look (and posing) for her.
Thank you! I hope I captured her vivacious, sassy, intelligent nature. ^^

Ephiane wrote:Yay ! A new 1:6 Story with cool charcters. Give me more. Love Your Girls !
YAY!! You ask and you shall receive! Soon. Smile

Ovy wrote:I remember having seen and read this, but somehow I never answered? Razz

Nice choice of head sculpt, just yesterday I was working on the same one! But I removed the soft scalp with the hair. So if anything goes wrong with yours you can have the wig. Razz

Worbla might be good for the armor.

Last pic is very groovy, like the title soundtrack might start any second. Great poses and dreamy strange background. Inception was nice and all, but Christopher Nolan's dreams look so very boring, just cityscapes, landscapes and gunfights.  Hope you are going to add more of that nice surrealistic dream imagery.

I also once made some illustrations of people who explore dreams nd called them Oneironauts. xD
Holy cow! Thank you for pointing out Worbla! Can't wait to dive into that one!
I just ordered some washi tape for accenting here and there (because it'll be stiff) and I have kinesiology tape in the cart for the stretchy main sections. Will see how those work for creating skin tight jumpsuits. The worbla could be perfect for the armor! And belt and shoes... will see. I have putty at the ready, too. bounce

And oh absolutely. I try to make my dream world dreamy. Not just visually distorted reality. This was just a very quick creation of the first half decent pic I found, but better ones will follow. Smile
Oneironauts! Hah! Nice. My initial title was "Rifters", because they were rifting/traveling through rifts in spacetime, but it turned out that was already taken. ^^ That's quite alright though, because I don't like the association of a rift with their travels anymore.

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice new character. I like the use of that Captain Marvel-ish head sculpt, and her hair cut gives her a bit of a 60s retro style. I agree about Kaelee being too undersized.
I think Kaelee's head is also a little oversized in the back, which makes her hair look bigger than it should, which makes the head look oversized. Maybe I can fix that, but first I'll need to get a back up of that face, cause it's quite perfect, even if the expression is not. But she needs a tan anyway, so that head be a project of its own. And maybe the body will match then.

skywalkersaga wrote:Great new characters, Diana! And I love the dream effects! Looking forward to seeing these figures completed.

Regarding the s25b -- I love that body, but I do wish there were some kind of happy medium between it and the s17b. That being said, I don't think it looks bad at all. But of course, you know your characters best. : )
Yes, thank you for teasing me into submission, because the body is utterly beautiful! I'm really happy I have it. Very Happy
I can't wait to get/make her some fitting clothes to really showcase it. Have you found some skin tight tops for her by any chance? ^^

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those are some cool shots, really like the lightning and the poses.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! - Page 2 1f60e

Illusion

Illusion
nice to see further characters... though we do not know anything about Cecile or Kaellee yet? (or am I missing something? haven‘t reviewed the posts properly?)

badass attitude on Cecile... makes sense to use different bodies to add realism (I am usually stuck with S16/17 and S24/25, because I like them best. Maybe I should reconsider that approach Smile )

Diana

Diana
Theboo-bomb wrote:Those are some cool shots, really like the lightning and the poses.
Thank you very much! Very Happy

Illusion wrote:nice to see further characters... though we do not know anything about Cecile or Kaellee yet? (or am I missing something? haven‘t reviewed the posts properly?)

badass attitude on Cecile... makes sense to use different bodies to add realism (I am usually stuck with S16/17 and S24/25, because I like them best. Maybe I should reconsider that approach Smile )
You didn't miss anything. Wink
Cecile is Tanea's best friend and #2 of another team. Her main gift is agility, but she is also cunning and has a good sense for battle strategy.
Kaelee is mentally gifted and can navigate the Dream World. Her main gift is empathy, to the point of being a danger to certain elites in power...

More about them later, when their looks near completion a little more. ^^

Diana

Diana
I am making progress with the costume! I have discovered kinesiology tape for dressing them, so I‘m having a first go at it for Eev.
The second time around I’ll be more precise, but I’m still practicing. The main part needs to be darker and the cut outs need to be fabric, not tape, and a brighter shade of that teal color. It’s a process of discoveries. Smile

Eev is tough, strong, courageous, but forever looking for that unconditional love, and she will go look for it in all the wrong places..
Agility and strength are her main gifts.
Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! - Page 2 F92d7710
Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! - Page 2 B1ad0f10
Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! - Page 2 398b8b10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very interesting clothing solution. Looks promising.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice start to this one! That headsculpt is quite pretty. 

And very interesting idea using that material for clothing -- I'm so curious to see the final result!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty interesting technique — never would have thought of that. Looks promising, indeed.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! - Page 2 C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Yay, looks kinda retrofuturistic, like from a 70s set. Will you put
Worbla on there too or is that another character?
Always great to see original characters.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Looking really good so far Diana, look forward too seeing more as she progresses Very Happy

Diana

Diana
Thank you everyone! I do think it looks promising. But before I tackle the second version I need to get the materials, especially the fabric for the cutouts.

Ovy wrote:Yay, looks kinda retrofuturistic, like from a 70s set. Will you put
Worbla on there too or is that another character?
Always great to see original characters.
That's a different character. I don't think Eev will need armor. Tanea does, though. She's the close combat beast. Smile

I'll see though. I was thinking of using leather for belts etc, but worbla might be a nice less fiddly alternative. Sewing through leather as a beginner doesn't sound like fun...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Sewing through leather as a beginner doesn't sound like fun...

It isn’t. One of the tricks that I use more than trying to sew leather is to use really good fabric glue to close around belt buckles and such. Although I have hand sewn small, thin leather bits before by laying the leather down on one of those rubber fabric cutting mats and pushing the needle through into the mat to get the hole started, then pick the piece up to continue (and repeat) — much easier that way then trying to hold onto a tiny piece.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! - Page 2 C8485110

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:
Diana wrote:Sewing through leather as a beginner doesn't sound like fun...

It isn’t. One of the tricks that I use more than trying to sew leather is to use really good fabric glue to close around belt buckles and such. Although I have hand sewn small, thin leather bits before by laying the leather down on one of those rubber fabric cutting mats and pushing the needle through into the mat to get the hole started, then pick the piece up to continue (and repeat) — much easier that way then trying to hold onto a tiny piece.
YES! I've done that with one tiny little bracelet and it worked reasonable well. Just wasn't fun. I've thought about glue. I shall revisit that idea, thank you!

Saturn

Saturn
Diana wrote:I am making progress with the costume! I have discovered kinesiology tape for dressing them, so I‘m having a first go at it for Eev.
The second time around I’ll be more precise, but I’m still practicing. The main part needs to be darker and the cut outs need to be fabric, not tape, and a brighter shade of that teal color.  It’s a process of discoveries. Smile

Eev is tough, strong, courageous, but forever looking for that unconditional love, and she will go look for it in all the wrong places..
Agility and strength are her main gifts.
Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! - Page 2 F92d7710
Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! - Page 2 B1ad0f10
Dream of Me: Introducing... TANEA (in the snow) AND FRIENDS! - Page 2 398b8b10

Wow, what a lovely headsculpt! What type is it?

Diana

Diana
Saturn wrote:Wow, what a lovely headsculpt! What type is it?
It is "Ming" by YMToys (YMT016C). Smile

Saturn

Saturn
Diana wrote:

Thank you so much! Smile
The body is very proportionate to it, which TBL is it?

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome creations, how did I miss this thread before! I really like the team you built, and the background universe you describe! (out of topic but your three girls remind me of the comic book "danger girls" with a squad of female secret agents)

venator5

venator5
Very nice photos!

Diana

Diana
Saturn wrote:
Diana wrote:

Thank you so much! Smile
The body is very proportionate to it, which TBL is it?
It's the S16A, which of course is one of the tallest, so you should be good with any TBL body, since this head is actually a little smaller than most.

blackpool wrote:Awesome creations, how did I miss this thread before! I really like the team you built, and the background universe you describe! (out of topic but your three girls remind me of the comic book "danger girls" with a squad of female secret agents)
I don't know that comic, but thank you! Much appreciated. Smile

venator5 wrote:Very nice photos!
Thank you very much! I haven't even really gotten started yet... bounce

I just ordered some wider white tape and discovered I had lots of linen swatches that will serve perfectly for those cutouts, so I'm almost set for tackling round two! Very Happy

venator5

venator5
Keep them coming!

Saturn

Saturn
Diana wrote:
It's the S16A, which of course is one of the tallest, so you should be good with any TBL body, since this head is actually a little smaller than most.
Thank you, this is a really great compositon!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum