OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cynanesque - Female Fantasy Warriors (updated with Part II: Agathodaimon)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Valiarde

Nice picures and figures. I think it is often worth it digging for the older pics. Smile Second look and for most of us, first time view.

Thank you for the horse pics, I was interested in these Inflames horses and seeing them in action.
Good to hear that you like yours so much, with the special feeling of the skin and everything. It looks cool and being able to move the feet is always great. The only thing I dislike (besides the price) is this part:

Cynanesque - Female Fantasy Warriors (updated with Part II: Agathodaimon) - Page 2 Unbena52

It is needed for the movement, but takes a hit for the realism look. But you can't have it all, unless they finally release that full seamless horse.
(But given the price point of their full seamless dog...they better go in real mass production!)

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Yikes! Now I remember why I had to pass on these InFlame horses. $330 + for a horse, despite being articulated, is out of my comfort zone.

Theboo-bomb

They both look really good, I personally like Varna the most cause she reminds me of those vintage armor drawings.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Nice picures and figures. I think it is often worth it digging for the older pics. Smile Second look and for most of us, first time view. Thank you for the horse pics, I was interested in these Inflames horses and seeing them in action. Good to hear that you like yours so much, with the special feeling of the skin and everything. It looks cool and being able to move the feet is always great. The only thing I dislike (besides the price) is this part:

Cynanesque - Female Fantasy Warriors (updated with Part II: Agathodaimon) - Page 2 Unbena52

It is needed for the movement, but takes a hit for the realism look. But you can't have it all, unless they finally release that full seamless horse. (But given the price point of their full seamless dog...they better go in real mass production!)

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them. Yep, I do like the horse, but I'm aware of its limitations. If you looked at the youtube link, you'd see the graphic showing the points of articulation. They are in fact quite a few. But because concealed joints made of plastic are always an iffy solution, it's worth noting where they are. I think one of my horse's lower hind legs is now damaged (although it doesn't show). Don't worry, I won't shoot it. Smile I agree, the seam at the front "shoulders" is annoying, but it is no worse than you see in the photo, and I suppose necessary. The head is also a separate part (the face, really), with soft cheeks (to allow for turning and articulation) and ears. I dream of a seamless steel-skeleton horse (which would be so heavy). I wish TBLeague would do that instead of their remarkably silly "centaur." And what happened with that seamless dog? I never saw it parted out. Although what they did to the head rendered it of dubious use to most of us.

Stryker2011 wrote:Yikes! Now I remember why I had to pass on these InFlame horses. $330 + for a horse, despite being articulated, is out of my comfort zone.

Yep, pretty massive, especially now. I think it was considerably less drastic when I bought it, and I still had to think about it real hard.

Theboo-bomb wrote:They both look really good, I personally like Varna the most cause she reminds me of those vintage armor drawings.

Thank you, I'm very glad you liked them. Yeah, I suppose Varna's look, while simpler, is probably more relatable.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Story and Characters. I like the Leather and furr armor. Your Blonde Warrioress looks like more than a Valkyrie to me, than that ones Pichen / Tbl did. If You are not happy with the helmets... i get some WW2 metal helmets and modified them for my fantasy figures. The size fits not bad to female heads

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GF -- the seamless dog is still available. I don't think it was ever 'parted out', but it is available separately on its own:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IN-FLAMES-X-NEWSOUL-IFT-045-1-6-Deified-dog-Havoc-in-Heaven-Hunter-Pet-Figure/163960258694?hash=item262ccb0086:g:AsUAAOSwdIZd24wB

I really want it, but can't afford it at this point...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
GubernatorFan wrote:I wish TBLeague would do that instead of their remarkably silly "centaur."
I thought the centaur was from Lucifer. Maybe it's a cooperation with TBLeague, but then I would assume they pay TBLeague for producing and designing it. And it might even be Lucifer's design. You can't really blame TBLeague for that.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Great Story and Characters. I like the Leather and furr armor. Your Blonde Warrioress looks like more than a Valkyrie to me, than that ones Pichen / Tbl did. If You are not happy with the helmets... i get some WW2 metal helmets and modified them for my fantasy figures. The size fits not bad to female heads

Thank you very much -- I'm glad you liked it, and coming from you and your expertise in all things fantasy, I take it as a compliment. Yep, "Agatho" is very much Valkyrie like... in both color scheme and helmet. Smile I appreciate the suggestion about the helmets and will keep it in mind. These two were part of a set of three that came from some old action figures (Marx?, is that right?). They were meant for male figures, and for male figures with larger heads at that -- I think. They are ok for me, but I acknowledge they are not ideal in terms of size.

skywalkersaga wrote:GF -- the seamless dog is still available. I don't think it was ever 'parted out', but it is available separately on its own:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IN-FLAMES-X-NEWSOUL-IFT-045-1-6-Deified-dog-Havoc-in-Heaven-Hunter-Pet-Figure/163960258694?hash=item262ccb0086:g:AsUAAOSwdIZd24wB

I really want it, but can't afford it at this point...

Thank you for the info and link, Sky. Yeah, gorgeous beast, if a little odd, and possibly ruined for generic purposes by the silly bling -- unless that is easily removable. After my recent realization about my horses' hind leg, I'm less likely to invest in that -- the price is exorbitant, the dog is too specific for its intended look, and I don't trust plastic internal skeletons with the joints concealed by a seamless cover. Maybe if it were metal and more generic in terms of looks...?

TravelGuide wrote:I thought the centaur was from Lucifer. Maybe it's a cooperation with TBLeague, but then I would assume they pay TBLeague for producing and designing it. And it might even be Lucifer's design. You can't really blame TBLeague for that.

Oh, you're probably right. It looked like such a missed opportunity to me that I didn't bother to remember.

ZombieTestSubject

Great looking fantasy warriors. I like the contrast too. And the seamless horse, of course. And, yeah, poor Aragorn the barbarian!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:Great looking fantasy warriors. I like the contrast too. And the seamless horse, of course. And, yeah, poor Aragorn the barbarian!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. Horse... of course. Smile I'm sure poor Aragorn will be ok in the end. He might get some pants. And a pipe. Maybe even a crown? Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum