OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Imperial Mortar Team

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Imperial Mortar Team Empty Imperial Mortar Team Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:34 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Hey folks,

I'd been eyeing a cheap mortar set at my local dollar store (two bucks!) for a couple years now. Took the plunge and grabbed one.

Imperial Mortar Team 51039221911_8e2f23f7d6_c

Imperial Mortar Team 51039221936_92067a59f0_c

I repainted it, added some straps (carnation ribbon) and buckles from a 1/6 scale rifle bag.
I wanted it to be able to be taken down and transported by the crew, each member responsible for a part.

Imperial Mortar Team 51038493733_580c4091e6_c

Then I whipped up the crew, using Deathstar Troopers, gave 'em some head swaps, repainted the bodies in pea dot (naturally)
with hockey tape (of course) belts & holsters, carnation ribbon suspenders and helmet straps. One also received a helmet net using
a veggie mesh bag with some grosgrain ribbon thrown in for some scrim.

I also made a round carrier out of grosgrain and carnation ribbon.

Imperial Mortar Team 51039318897_c30265783e_c

Already getting some shot ideas in mind for these guys, so once it warms up...I'll be in for some fun.

2Imperial Mortar Team Empty Re: Imperial Mortar Team Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:17 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
That's a big mortar they've got Shocked

3Imperial Mortar Team Empty Re: Imperial Mortar Team Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:35 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
TravelGuide wrote:That's a big mortar they've got Shocked
haha darn right! Gotta knock those Rebels back somehow!

4Imperial Mortar Team Empty Re: Imperial Mortar Team Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:38 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look excellent and make a great unit. And I'm happy to see you celebrating imperials with hockey tape. Didn't the helmets already come with straps?

5Imperial Mortar Team Empty Re: Imperial Mortar Team Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:44 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
GubernatorFan wrote:They look excellent and make a great unit. And I'm happy to see you celebrating imperials with hockey tape. Didn't the helmets already come with straps?

Thanks man!

The helmets sure did some with straps, plastic ones, and weren't really intended to fit any other head but the one that came with the figure...so in order to make the helmets fit a bit better I had to remove the plastic straps. I also cut back the inner liners...and made a new liner for one out of (you guessed it) hockey tape.

6Imperial Mortar Team Empty Re: Imperial Mortar Team Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:26 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
The execution is fantastic, but it’s the creativity that really blows my mind. To think that was all inspired by a dollar store motor set is pretty amazing. Swapping heads is pretty much the extent of my vision and creativity. Laughing

7Imperial Mortar Team Empty Re: Imperial Mortar Team Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:23 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks a lot! These guys can definitely be a lot of fun to cobble together Smile

8Imperial Mortar Team Empty Re: Imperial Mortar Team Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:37 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Great job again Pickle Munk, it's the first time I ever heard a mortar set being sold in a dollar store, but you didn't hesitate and took the chance. Love how they are carrying the single pieces.
I recall mortar plates also being transported on backs? Might be helpful in retreat situations.

Again fitting in beautifully with the other peadotters and these large navy helmets seem really helpful when exchanging mortar dust with rebels.

The left one looks like George Clooney. A Cloone Trooper maybe?

9Imperial Mortar Team Empty Re: Imperial Mortar Team Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:36 am

ZombieTestSubject

Lovely bunch. Great customization.

10Imperial Mortar Team Empty Re: Imperial Mortar Team Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:44 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks guys!

Ovy, I totally see what you mean about the Clooney head now that you bring it up, haha. That's just the standard Deathstar Trooper head!

The mortar ground plate does have criss-cross straps to allow it to be attached on the back of the figures.
I may need to lengthen them slightly, as it's a tight fit. I just had re-glued one back together for these pictures and didn't wanna force it too
much and have it come undone again until the glue had cured.

I'm planning on using the ground plate as makeshift armor, heck maybe even a shield during a charge...so many possibilities, really.

One of the things I love about doing these guys up in pea dot is that now, I've got so much of it, so I can swap hats and helmets and stuff and
really diversify looks ridiculously easily.

Imperial Mortar Team 51051175533_2580509ecd_c
Imperial Mortar Team 51051175598_a5780d7d1a_c

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum