OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Lists:
1. Body
2. Head Sculpture
3. Hand type*10
4. MP7 submachine gun
5. Submachine gun magazine*2
6. Sight
7. Laser pointer
8. Muffler
9. 1911 pistol
10. Pistol Magazine
11. Army Knife
12. Diving suit
13. Leather boots
14. Knee pads
15. Buoyancy vest
16. Diving goggles
17. Respirator
18. Oxygen cylinder
19. Spare oxygen cylinder
20. Fins
21. Pressure gauge
22. Barometer
23. Knife set
24. Holster
25. Medical kit
26. Wrist strap*2
27. Waist seal
28. Elastic rope
29. Collar

NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 11453
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 2773
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 3503
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 4466
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 5445
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 6418
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 7403
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 8381
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 9366
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 10346
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 11454
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 12308
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 13290
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 14267
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 15249
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 16231
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 17219
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 18204
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 19183
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 23320211
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 23320210
NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian 23320212

#newproduct #Coreplay #ThreeSisters #DeepSeaWater #GhostsRaider #Lillian #female #military #fantasy

davidd

davidd
This looks seriously cool!

I find one vendor online offering pre-orders now through 5 April (gotta act fast!), with release and delivery not anticipated until Q1 of next year (2022).

Can't bring myself to pre-order a fig that won't be released for a year.

But I am loving the dive gear!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Starship Troopers combat knife advertised on the oxygen tank? Interesting...

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
davidd wrote:
But I am loving the dive gear!
Yes, that is pretty cool. I can't see myself doing photography under water though.

csyeung

csyeung
The diving gear looks great, not so sure why you need thigh high boots with heels when diving though.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This does look cool, but my concern is the company making it. Not sure if they are using one of their own bodies, but I have two of their earlier figures that came out about 4-5 years ago, and they are seriously crap — unable to stand on their own for a jointed body (pretty much like the junk that Sideshow uses most of the time). The diving gear is the best part of this — the boots are pretty much throw-aways, as mentioned, but seeing as she has them on with the flippers makes me wonder if they can be used with just “feet”.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian C8485110

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Stryker2011 wrote:the boots are pretty much throw-aways, as mentioned, but seeing as she has them on with the flippers makes me wonder if they can be used with just “feet”.

My thoughts exactly. Hope the flippers would fit her bare feet with not much effort. Also, hope the body swap for a TBLeague is possible.

This set would be awesome to kitbash Lara Croft from the TR:Underworld game. Now why is it so hard to find a harpoon gun in 1/6th?

NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi1.wp.com%2Fwww.gimmedigital.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F01%2FLaraCroft-Wetsuit

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
For a harpoon gun check CotswoldCollectibles — I’m sure they probably have one in their Action Man/GI Joe section

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian C8485110

ministryofwrath

ministryofwrath
It looks like christie from dead or alive?

I might actually pick this up, it looks exactly like her, and if for no other reason I want the head.

davidd

davidd
I see this figure is in stock at a few places, but I can't find any in-hand reviews.

$225 USD is a lot of money for dive gear on a crummy plastic jointed body. Then add shipping - another twenty bucks or so.

But the dive gear looks amazing.

The only eBay listings, and there are only a few, ship from China at prices exceeding $300 USD. ($340 to $370 including shipping at as of today.)

I am sorely tempted. I am starting to justify the expense by telling myself, here on 16 January, that this would be my final figure purchase for the entire year (other than maybe a TBLeague body to swap out to make it look better - don't care much for those shiny thighs).

Does anybody have this? Has anyone seen this figure in person?

My other "current temptation" is the upcoming DiD Colonel MacKenzie WWI figure, which costs less and has more gear, and who probably would not require a body swap as he is fully dressed. MacKenzie would be a better deal, and he's already being parted out online so US retailers will probably have him in stock soon, and he'd definitely be a more versatile figure in my "figure world."

But I'm a sucker for scantily clad sexy girls in dive gear. Does anybody remember the promo photos and movie poster for a 1970s film called Sunburn starring Farrah Fawcett? Yeah... them was my formative years.

I could probably buy a lot of old GI Joe and Action Man dive gear on eBay for $225 if I'm patient and watch for lots, right?

Sunday afternoons, a few dollars on hand, randomly browsing figures online - it's a dangerous combo, isn't it?

Seriously, nobody has this Three Sisters of Deep Water figure?

I could buy another CY Girls Aurora space girl and have money left over for a TBLeague.

Or Colonel MacKenzie.

But... sexy diver girl!

Primus! Does anyone remember that show?

Do you think the head and gear from this figure would fit a TBLeague "anime" (S36/37) body?

Maybe I should start saving toward some real dive gear again!

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Somebody needs an intervention!  Razz

I don’t know of any in-hand pics, but I have seen the figure parted out at the usual suspects like Monkey Depot, and you can see some in-hand pics of the individual parts there.

I guess my question would be “If you could only buy one figure this year, would this be the one?”

davidd

davidd
Xavion2004 wrote:Somebody needs an intervention!

Somebody PLEASE STOP ME before I BUY AGAIN! affraid

Yes, my post was definitely a cry in the darkness! The empty, lonely, silent darkness of online forums on the weekends!

I find it somewhat odd that forum activity tends to slow way down on the weekends and holidays, and pick up during the week. This suggests to me that a lot of us spend "work time" following personal interests online, and that at least some of us have "real lives" with family and friends outside of work and the Internet on weekends and holidays.

Monkey Depot is the site that still offers the Core Play Diver figure at original retail. I missed out on BigBadToyStore, which offers a less expensive shipping option.

Those Core Play bodies are cheap, hideous plastic things, aren't they? https://www.monkeydepot.com/Figure_Core_Play_Female_Body_w_Sharks_Tattoo_p/cpyl0005.htm

In the level of detail, the head sculpt is on par with CY Girls from twenty years ago: https://www.monkeydepot.com/Head_Core_Play_Lillian_p/cpyl0001.htm

The body of the diving wetsuit is the typical glossy "pleather" material and will likely begin to deteriorate in short order:  https://www.monkeydepot.com/Outfit_Core_Play_Female_Black_Pleather_Diving_Sui_p/cpyl0007.htm

The "notes" on the Monkey Depot site offer a warning about the fragility of the straps on the diving fins.

Looking at each part like this individually, it's pretty much a straight "no way" right down the line.

But the sum of all those janky parts looks so cool! Or, it looks cool in the promo pics.

The complete outfit has a lot of fussy little straps to put together, doesn't it? I'm not a fan of fussy little straps.

scratch

Xavion2004 wrote:
I guess my question would be “If you could only buy one figure this year, would this be the one?”

I would respond with another question: If I promise to sell something else, can I buy two figures?  Embarassed

It's a sickness, I know. pale

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Yes, selling one figure to buy another is perfectly acceptable.   Also, you may spend up to 150% of the proceeds from the figure sold on the figure purchased, and neither the figure nor the additional funds spent will count towards any previously established limits or budget constraints.  (Section 2, Paragraph 4.)

I’m guessing that if you *really* wanted that Lillian figure, we would be having this conversation in the “My Latest Purchase” thread instead of here, so hopefully you’ve been able to hold out!  Wink

davidd

davidd
Xavion2004 wrote:Yes, selling one figure to buy another is perfectly acceptable.   Also, you may spend up to 150% of the proceeds from the figure sold on the figure purchased, and neither the figure nor the additional funds spent will count towards any previously established limits or budget constraints.  (Section 2, Paragraph 4.)

Oh, fantastic! Thank you for the clarification! I had overlooked that sub-paragraph in the fine print. Razz

Xavion2004 wrote: I’m guessing that if you *really* wanted that Lillian figure, we would be having this conversation in the “My Latest Purchase” thread instead of here, so hopefully you’ve been able to hold out!  Wink

Embarassed Ermmm.... that section is mostly for purchases which have actually arrived, isn't it? Razz

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
davidd wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote: I’m guessing that if you *really* wanted that Lillian figure, we would be having this conversation in the “My Latest Purchase” thread instead of here, so hopefully you’ve been able to hold out!  Wink

Embarassed   Ermmm.... that section is mostly for purchases which have actually arrived, isn't it?  Razz

That’s very true.  You can make the argument that the purchase isn’t complete until you’ve received and inspected the goods!

brassco

brassco
from the promo pictures, it looks like the suit will be staining a seamless body...I also think it may be difficult to put the suit onto a seamless body. Buy at your own risk!

I would suggest waiting for a better diver products...

davidd

davidd
brassco wrote:I also think it may be difficult to put the suit onto a seamless body.

Yes, one of the "Notes" on the Monkey Depot site says that the suit is difficult to install on a seamless body.

Ovy

Ovy
If you get this figure, you definitely should get david sized diving gear and some underwater photography device and make underwater photos of this figure.

But if you can't decide, maybe get Colonel McKenzie first and ask him for advice.

davidd

davidd
Ovy wrote:If you get this figure, you definitely should get david sized diving gear and some underwater photography device and make underwater photos of this figure.

I may need to lose a few (dozen) pounds to fit comfortably in to a diving suit, unfortunately.  Crying or Very sad

By the time Colonel MacKenzie is in stock, Expensive Diver Girl will likely be sold out! Oh, the dilemma! pale

Except... well, I should save additional comments for the Colonel MacKenzie topic. Is there a Colonel MacKenzie topic?

davidd

davidd
Arrived today:

NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian Sharkqueen1

NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian Sharkqueen2

NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian Sharkqueen4a

NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian Sharkqueen4b

Embarassed

Off the cuff impression: the figure looks a lot better in the promo photos than it does in-hand.

Which might explain why the company prints this disclaimer on the outside of the shipping carton:

NEW PRODUCT: Coreplay: 1/6 scale Three Sisters Of Deep Sea Water Ghosts Raider Lillian Sharkqueen9

csyeung

csyeung
doh, I hope the diving equipment looks good at least, as I recall that was the most important pieces for you?

davidd

davidd
csyeung wrote:doh, I hope the diving equipment looks good at least, as I recall that was the most important pieces for you?

Within five minutes I managed to break the zipper on one of the boots. Embarassed

Just ordered another pair of boots from Monkey Depot. Add $30 to the price of the figure. Sad

The dive gear looks good. But it's all pretty fragile. And it may not fit on a TBLeague body. Ankle and wrist pegs are different, as are the body proportions.

csyeung

csyeung
oof, that sucks. Maybe it may fit one of the smaller tbleague bodies? I find most regular figures are about the 24a/25b size

davidd

davidd
Okay... after looking at the figure more closely... and after irreparably damaging the zipper on one of the boots (the zipper actually broke in to pieces), I have to chalk this purchase up to experience and move on.

This Core Play Deep Water Ghosts figure is, by far, my most foolish and disappointing "impulse buy" ever. In fact, it's not going too far to say that, when price to value is factored in, this is my most disappointing toy, doll, or action figure purchase in my life.

The figure does not look as good in person as it does in the promo pics. It's not terrible, but it's obviously a toy. The quality I've seen in Executive Replicas/TBLeague figures at lower prices is simply not there. The body is cheap, jointed plastic with a rubberized neck and bust. The dive suit is has a very plastic feel and sheen to it. The suit does not fit nearly as well as the obviously retouched photos suggest. Everything is fragile - the zippers, the little plastic pieces, the fiddly little straps - it all just screams "cheap."

The quality of this figure is on par with a knock-off.

There are no instructions, not even a diagram, to indicate how the multiple little accessories are meant to be assembled. Considering how fragile everything is, I'm hesitant to do much fussing around to try to figure things out, for fear of breaking something else.

There is no display stand or base, not even a simple wire stand. The figure is definitely suited only for display, not for play or posing, but there's no real way to display it. It's certainly not going to stand up very securely on those stiletto heels, with those floppy hinged plastic joints.

The bust is not nearly as smooth and sexy as in the illustrations. Forget that half-unzipped wetsuit top. The interior seams of the wetsuit are poorly finished with loose threads and rough hems, and the cleavage is not nearly as well-defined as in the promotional images.

I am somewhat tempted at this point to bin the thing - literally toss it - and chalk it up to expensive lessons learned. Or, I could try selling off some of the kit, I suppose, and maybe make back a quarter of my loss.

Instead - what's that saying about throwing good money after bad? - I ordered a replacement pair of boots from Monkey Depot. I hope the zipper doesn't break when I try to put the one boot back on the figure. Until the boots arrive, I'll put the fig back in her box.

When the boots arrive, I shall try, very carefully, when I have a lot of light, to assemble the figure to the greatest degree possible, and then try to figure out a way to display it as a reminder - a harsh reminder to avoid STUPID IMPULSE BUYS, and to NEVER trust promo photos from the smaller manufacturers. Any future "top end" figure purchases will be those on TBLeague bodies, optimally those in conjunction with Executive Replicas. I've never had quality issues with the ER/TBL figures, and they have always closely resembled the promotional photos.

I may still sell this thing off. Maybe list it on eBay for half what I paid, with highly visible disclaimers and a firm ALL SALES FINAL / NO RETURNS policy.

This disappointment is my fault, and my fault alone. I knew, going in, that I might regret this. I was right.

Oh, and no, the suit and gear will not fit a TBLeague body. I have several bodies at hand - petite ones, plump ones, anime ones, teen ones. The way the boots fit, the fragility of the costume, the style of the hand pegs, none of it is compatible, and the amount of fussing about required to even get an approximate fit would almost certainly result in tears or breakage.

My loss is your gain - avoid this fig. Of course, y'all knew that already, didn't'cha?  Razz

Okay... I'm gonna go open up another box that arrived a few days ago, one that has something of known quality in it: TBLeague S44 and S45 bodies! Cute li'l things, those 44/45s!

shazzdan

shazzdan
That's a harsh lesson. As you said, "my loss is your gain". Thank you for taking a hit for the rest of us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum