OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars: The Mandalorian™ - 1/6th scale Boba Fett™ (Repaint Armor) Collectible figure/ figure and Throne Collectible Set

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Diana, you identify a major source of the complaints, but while even the Original Trilogy displayed serious problems with plausibility and plot armor, apparently this is on a whole different scale. I'll spare you the links, lest they detract from your basically positive experience. I like that some of these new Star Wars-themed shows often look more like classic Star Wars than what we have seen since the 1980s, but looking is not always enough. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Ovy

Haha, I guess he is having his Kneepad Rockets reloaded by his servants! Jabba will love him by his side looking menacing.

Yeah the show looked beautiful sometimes but it was all over the place and had no real focus. I think it got much worse in Obi Wan.

But seriously, my space fairy tale friends, if you want good Star Wars watch Andor. It's by far the best thing out there period. It's very different from the other more campy/fan service heavy shows, it feels more like a dystopic Spy Thriller. It has the best writing, casting and acting in all Star Wars I have seen yet. It's a slow burner with great payoffs. Characters feel like real people and not like cartoon villians. The Empire is competent and terrifying. Underground resistance movements have different approaches and are not united. Cat and mouse game between agents. We see a lot of bleak every day life under Imperial rule. We have Mon Mothma for the politics in beautiful Coruscant set pieces and costumes. It can be quite brutal for Star Wars. It's taking itself quite seriously, killing is no fun adventure. Look and minimalistic music create a somber atmosphere with a spark of hope. George Lucas might not like it though as it's less morally clear and probably kids wouldn't like it.
It's at 10 of 12 episodes of season 1 and Episode 10 was the best TV I watched this year. And I didn't really care about the character of Cassian Andor before.
And don't waste too much time on YouTube reviews (they often thrive on negativty anyway for clicks and will probably spoiler) just trust me and watch the first three episodes in a binge.

[/Crusade end] :p

tl, dr : watch Andor

Valiarde

You should watch Andor. Ovy is telling me every day. Smile

ANDOR MAKES STAR WARS GREAT AGAIN

(I'm only 4 Episodes in but it is very good so far)

Diana

AGREED on ANDOR! Loved it!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sadly, unless they release Andor on blu-ray (which may never happen), I probably won’t ever see it. It’s bad enough I give Disney any of my money by buying these over-priced Barbies, but I won’t support Disney+…

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Star Wars: The Mandalorian™ - 1/6th scale Boba Fett™ (Repaint Armor) Collectible figure/ figure and Throne Collectible Set - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm in Mark's boat. But thank you, Ovy (and Simon and Diana), for the recommendation. It does sound like an improvement, and one of the reasons I did like Rogue One -- although I did not like Andor himself as a character, it came closer to reflecting the moral ambiguity of the whole thing; I know as creator Lucas had his right to cast the Rebels as good and the Empire as bad, and, however naively and cartoonishly he supported this with actions (the blowing up of Alderaan, the burning of Owen and Beru -- although see the Troopers episode for that one), I just feel that it doesn't ring true outside of the narrative of a certain kind of propaganda, from a more historically-informed perspective (the greatest crimes in history are committed under the guise of slogans wrapped in false virtue). Anyway, if there is a way to see it short of subscribing to an Evil Mouse channel just for it, I would. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum