OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I know the feeling, Sky. Also, 5 years ago, they would have costed well less than 200, probably.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

GubernatorFan wrote:I know the feeling, Sky. Also, 5 years ago, they would have costed well less than 200, probably.

Yeah, if they'd both been under $200, I'd probably have PO'd without much hesitation. As it is, I will be lucky to afford just the Anakin. Part of the issue is that the payment plan for the upcoming Hot Toys Clone Wars Anakin overlaps with this one....which is extremely inconvenient, to say the least!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I just talked myself into buying a couple of sets I will review down the line, but in part because each was under 200.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

GubernatorFan wrote:I just talked myself into buying a couple of sets I will review down the line, but in part because each was under 200.

Nice to take advantage of deals like that, but sad that that's what's considered a 'deal' these days... ;p

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
So true...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Was finally able to PO this. I also managed to sort things out so it's not going to collide with the HT figure I already had on order. So...that's a relief. :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Was finally able to PO this. I also managed to sort things out so it's not going to collide with the HT figure I already had on order. So...that's a relief. :')

Just Anakin?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Was finally able to PO this. I also managed to sort things out so it's not going to collide with the HT figure I already had on order. So...that's a relief. :')

Just Anakin?

Yeah.... can't really afford both. :/

ETA: If my financial situation improves over the next couple months, I might pick up the Obi-Wan as well. Will just have to see. But for now, I wanted to make sure I wouldn't miss out on the Anakin. :')

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
My payment for the Anakin was nearly due, but after watching several negative reviews on it I ended up cancelling. I'm extremely disppointed as this OUGHT to be a grail figure for me, but the cheap Sideshow bodies combined with subpar tailoring and unimpressive paint app on the headsculpt just made it not worth the expense. If the price had been half the amount they were asking, then I would have gotten it in a heartbeat regardless of the issues, but I can't justify the same price nearly as a Hot Toys figure for something so cheaply made.

Sad

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sorry to hear, but sadly, I’m not surprised. I’ve seen the complaints over at the Freaks, and I was wondering if you had any reservations — now I know the answer.

NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I didn't have super high expectations, but even so I was still dismayed by the reviews I saw. It was a sad decision to cancel, as I really *wanted* to like it. Just feels like a wasted opportunity. Would have been nice to finally have his iconic animated look in 1/6 form.

Ah well. I guess the bright side is that I can put that money towards something else now. Razz

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Argh, that’s so disappointing! Sad Hopefully you’ll maybe be able to pick up parted out pieces at some point and improve on them a bit.

Out of interest, what is the body and why is it considered crappy? I’ve been on the lookout for specifically that kind of body for ages; everything’s too muscley or seamless which I don’t like. 😂🙈

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Weak hips and ankles were one complaint. Can’t stand up straight due to both. Interestingly, dynamic poses seem to work. One guy took the pants off to tighten the screws on the hips, and it broke. Another person complained of loose wrists. Still another mentioned their figure literally crumbled at the waist. This is just typical of the lack of quality control that SS has shown from the very beginning, and doesn’t seem to improve. It’s weird that generally their first batch of figures is usually pretty good, then every subsequent batch just goes down hill — these sound exactly the opposite.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lynkhart wrote:Argh, that’s so disappointing! Sad Hopefully you’ll maybe be able to pick up parted out pieces at some point and improve on them a bit.

Out of interest, what is the body and why is it considered crappy? I’ve been on the lookout for specifically that kind of body for ages; everything’s too muscley or seamless which I don’t like. 😂🙈

Aww, yeah I'm hoping to at least pick up the stylised head maybe, if I can find it parted-out somewhere.

As for the body, I'm not sure which one it is, other than that it must be one they did specifically for this figure...aka, a Sideshow original. In the video reviews I saw, the reason it seemed crappy was because it was already going 'floppy' straight out of the box. Like, the torso/middle in particular seemed like it was struggling to hold a pose.T I have Sideshow's old (and far more stocky) Clone Wars Anakin figure from 2009 (?), and I was able to swap that one onto a DamToys body. But I didn't think it would be possible to do the same for this one, simply because of how stylised it is. The arm braces and boots in particular have very narrow wrists/ankles, and wouldn't fit onto a 'regular' 1/6 body.

As for male bodies, I'm curious about the GameToys 'Sephiroth' body I've seen around... I keep meaning to pick it up, but it's a bit pricey and haven't been able to afford it yet.

This is the one I mean:

NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures - Page 2 S-l16047

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have that body, S. It’s tall — like basketball player tall — so maybe it would work for Anakin…? And yes, the SS bodies are unique to these figures. I’m waiting on someone over at the Freaks to get their replacement bodies in to confirm what they are, as they had to have SS send replacement bodies for both figures.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah, ok, yeah, I'm curious to see what the SS body looks like for this one.

And yeah... one of the other things I was somewhat surprised by in the reviews was that this Sideshow Anakin was actually slightly shorter than the Hot Toys Clone Wars Anakin. If anything, I was expecting it to be as tall if not even taller, as the animated 'Skyguy' is portrayed as quite tall and imposing, especially during the mid to later seasons (which this figure is supposed to depict).

Edited to add: TCW Anakin next to some 'normal' sized Zabrak dudes. ;p

NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures - Page 2 Tumblr_pue5qnxJWW1wvnem4o3_540

NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures - Page 2 Tumblr_pue5qnxJWW1wvnem4o4_540

NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures - Page 2 Tumblr_pue5qnxJWW1wvnem4o5_540

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Ugh, typical! I’m really after a fairly short to average height male body that isn’t absolutely ripped - you’d think there’d be more options for that! 😂🙄

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, sorry, didn't realise you needed it shorter.... I'm kinda obsessed with tall dudes so it didn't even occur. NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures - Page 2 1f605

Would the damtoys slim body work?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, Stryker, I'd totally forgotten about that one!

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Ooooh it might indeed! Thanks guys!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum