OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Anakin Skywalker
Sixth Scale Figure by Sideshow Collectibles

$255 USD

ABOUT THIS SIXTH SCALE FIGURE
“More than you realize, I understand wanting to walk away from the Order.”

Sideshow presents the Anakin Skywalker™ Sixth Scale Figure, inspired by the character’s iconic animated appearance in Star Wars™: The Clone Wars.

The Anakin Skywalker Sixth Scale Figure captures the Jedi Knight’s distinct design from the fan-favorite animated series The Clone Wars, as he works to keep the galactic peace alongside the Jedi Order. This articulated figure features a stylized headsculpt and a carefully tailored fabric costume consisting of a Jedi robe, tunic, undershirt, tabards, pants, a sash, a belt with sculpted accessories, and sculpted boots and gauntlets to create his signature uniformed look.

The Anakin Skywalker Sixth Scale Figure includes a number of stylized hands and swap-out accessories to give collectors a wide range of display options for the Jedi general. Anakin Skywalker comes with four pairs of stylized hands including a pair of grip hands, a pair of neutral hands, a pair of force hands, and a pair of fists for a wide variety of gestures and pose combinations. In addition, he comes with both a lightsaber hilt and lightsaber with its blue tapered blade unleashed for battle action. Finally, Anakin includes a holoprojector accessory with a sculpted Ahsoka Tano™ hologram for communicating with his Padawan.

Bring balance to your Star Wars collectibles with the Anakin Skywalker Sixth Scale Figure today!

Brand
Star Wars
Manufacturer
Sideshow Collectibles
Type
Sixth Scale Figure
Artists
Matt Black (Sculpt)
Narae (Sculpt)
Wan Lee (Paint)
Namhoon Kim (Paint)
Mijin Namgung (Costume Fabrication)
The Sideshow Design and Development Team (Design) (Development)
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
The Anakin Skywalker Sixth Scale Figure features:

Anakin Skywalker Headsculpt, as seen in The Clone Wars
Four (4) pairs of hands
- Grip hands
- Neutral hands
- Force hands
- Fist hands
One (1) pair of boots
One (1) pair of gauntlets
Fabric costume including:
- Robe
- Tunic
- Undershirt
- Tabbards
- Pants
- Sash
- Belt w/ sculpted accessories
Holoprojector with Ahsoka Tano Hologram
Lightsaber Hilt
Lightsaber Hilt w/ Blade
ADDITIONAL DETAILS & DIMENSIONS
Materials
Product Size
Height: 12.25" (31.1 cm) *

Box Size
Height: 7.50" (19 cm)
Width: 12.00" (30.5 cm)
Depth: 19.50" (49.5 cm) *

Shipping Weight
0.00 lbs (0 kg) *
* Size and weight are approximate values. Learn more

SKU
UPC
Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance.

© & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd.

NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 11519
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 2852
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 3555
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 4504
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 5481
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 6453
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 7437
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 8414
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 9398
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 10377
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 11520
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 12338
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 13321
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 14298
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 15278
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 16256
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 17239
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 18225
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 19200
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 20161
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 21189
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 22163
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 23146
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 24129

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Sixth Scale Figure by Sideshow Collectibles

$255 USD

ABOUT THIS SIXTH SCALE FIGURE
“A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back.”

Sideshow presents the Obi-Wan Kenobi™ Sixth Scale Figure, inspired by the character’s iconic animated appearance in Star Wars™: The Clone Wars.

The Obi-Wan Kenobi Sixth Scale Figure captures the Jedi Knight’s distinct design from the fan-favorite animated series The Clone Wars, as he works to keep the galactic peace alongside the Jedi Order. This articulated figure features a stylized headsculpt and a carefully tailored fabric costume consisting of a Jedi robe, tunic, undershirt, tabards, pants, a sash, a belt with sculpted accessories, and sculpted boots and gauntlets to create his signature uniformed look.

The Obi-Wan Kenobi Sixth Scale Figure includes a number of stylized hands and swap-out accessories to give collectors a wide range of display options for the Jedi general. Obi-Wan Kenobi comes with four pairs of stylized hands including a pair of grip hands, a pair of neutral hands, a pair of force hands, and a pair of fists for a wide variety of gestures and pose combinations. In addition, he comes with both a lightsaber hilt and lightsaber with its blue tapered blade unleashed for battle action. Finally, Obi-Wan includes a holoprojector accessory with a sculpted Commander Cody™ hologram for communicating with the loyal Clone Trooper.

Take charge of your Star Wars collectibles and recruit the Obi-Wan Kenobi Sixth Scale Figure today!

Brand
Star Wars
Manufacturer
Sideshow Collectibles
Type
Sixth Scale Figure
Artists
Matt Black (Sculpt)
Narae (Sculpt)
Wan Lee (Paint)
Namhoon Kim (Paint)
Mijin Namgung (Costume Fabrication)
The Sideshow Design and Development Team (Design) (Development)
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
The Obi-Wan Kenobi Sixth Scale Figure features:

Obi-Wan Kenobi Headsculpt, as seen in The Clone Wars
Five (5) pairs of hands
- Grip hands
- Neutral hands
- Force hands
- Fist hands
- Lightsaber holding hands
One (1) pair of boots
One (1) pair of gauntlets
Fabric costume including:
- Robe
- Tunic
- Undershirt
- Tabbards
- Pants
- Sash
- Belt w/ sculpted accessories
Holoprojector with Commander Cody Hologram
Lightsaber Hilt
Lightsaber Hilt w/ Blade
ADDITIONAL DETAILS & DIMENSIONS
Materials
Product Size
Height: 12" (30.5 cm) *

Box Size
Height: 7.50" (19 cm)
Width: 12.00" (30.5 cm)
Depth: 19.50" (49.5 cm) *

Shipping Weight
0.00 lbs (0 kg) *
* Size and weight are approximate values. Learn more

SKU
UPC
Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance.

© & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd.

NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 11521
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 2853
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 3556
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 4505
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 5482
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 6454
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 7438
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 8415
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 9399
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 10378
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 11522
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 12339
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 13322
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 14299
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 15279
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 16257
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 17240
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 18226
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 19201
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures 20162
NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures Obi-wa10

#newproduct #SideshowCollectibles #CloneWars #AnakinSkywalker #Obi-WanKenobi #StarWars #animated #male #stylized

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, I hope skywalkersaga can afford to get these. Pretty steep for bare-bones figures.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree. Easy pass for me (although most of this would work with a more realistic head sculpt too), but they look nicely done.

ahbake

Not a fan of the cartoon series, but these look beautiful.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
When I first started out collecting 1/6 scale, these would have been my ultimate dream come true! I actually preferred stylised figures at the time. Now, it's a little different, because I ended up going with the more realistic Hot Toys-style for my custom Clone Wars line-up. 

I'm still interested in these, as they do capture the animated style fairly well. But, given the steep price, I doubt I could afford both. It would be more ideal to have the pair, but I will probably only go for the Anakin. I have the old 'General Skywalker' Sideshow figure from 2008 (?) or so, so it would be nice to have this version, too. 

The price is just ridiculous though, and it *is* rather off-putting. At the very least they could have included some kind of interesting base or diorama backdrop, or additional accessories or something.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:When I first started out collecting 1/6 scale, these would have been my ultimate dream come true! I actually preferred stylised figures at the time. Now, it's a little different, because I ended up going with the more realistic Hot Toys-style for my custom Clone Wars line-up. 

I'm still interested in these, as they do capture the animated style fairly well. But, given the steep price, I doubt I could afford both. It would be more ideal to have the pair, but I will probably only go for the Anakin. I have the old 'General Skywalker' Sideshow figure from 2008 (?) or so, so it would be nice to have this version, too. 

The price is just ridiculous though, and it *is* rather off-putting. At the very least they could have included some kind of interesting base or diorama backdrop, or additional accessories or something.

Yep, that’s one of the many things I despise about Sideshow — they skimp on the accessories, the bodies are usually trash, and they price gouge like crazy.

NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Clone Wars Animated Series: Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi action figures C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:When I first started out collecting 1/6 scale, these would have been my ultimate dream come true! I actually preferred stylised figures at the time. Now, it's a little different, because I ended up going with the more realistic Hot Toys-style for my custom Clone Wars line-up. 

Yep, that’s one of the many things I despise about Sideshow — they skimp on the accessories, the bodies are usually trash, and they price gouge like crazy.

Yeah, the Sideshow bodies are the biggest downside. They are almost never useable and need to be replaced. So it makes their prices even more ridiculous. I almost wish I could just get the headsculpt and maybe one or two bits of the clothing or accessories from the Anakin figure, rather than the whole thing. But I find it quite stressful to worry about purchasing parted-out pieces, since they often disappear before I even think to look for them. So, I'm leaning towards just PO'ing it, since at least it would give me a bit more piece of mind. 

As for the figures themselves, my biggest critique is that I think they are actually a little bit TOO slim. The animated versions *are* a little exaggerated in that regard, but even the animated Anakin actually has some visible 'muscle tone' (in his arms and legs, especially). He's not quite as skinny as they've made him look here. The extreme slimness means that swapping the Sideshow body would likely be impossible due to the outfit being tailored to it, which is yet another potential downside I can foresee.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Given the purposefully slim design, I wonder if trying to enhance the appearance with some stuffing would work -- or even if it works, whether it might impede the articulation. Not all of the newer Sideshow bodies are that bad -- although the old ones, from the golden days when it looked like they might make most of the notable Star Wars characters, are. The bodies they used for the AT-AT drivers, snowtrooper commander, TIE-fighter pilots, and Scout Troopers are pretty decent, at least in my experience. But they are probably too bulky to use with these slim figures here.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:Given the purposefully slim design, I wonder if trying to enhance the appearance with some stuffing would work -- or even if it works, whether it might impede the articulation. Not all of the newer Sideshow bodies are that bad -- although the old ones, from the golden days when it looked like they might make most of the notable Star Wars characters, are. The bodies they used for the AT-AT drivers, snowtrooper commander, TIE-fighter pilots, and Scout Troopers are pretty decent, at least in my experience. But they are probably too bulky to use with these slim figures here.

That could be an option. Though if I were going to keep the Sideshow body, I'd probably just end up leaving the figure as-is. If I *were* to swap the body, it would have been with the intention of using the costume pieces for my existing realistic version, and thus having to fit it to a more realistically-proportioned body. Looking at the figure as it is, I highly doubt that outfit would fit onto the COOmodel body I'm currently using, for instance. 

It's not a huge deal, as my realistic version is nearly completed anyway, and to use the clothing from this one would mean waiting until next year when it would be released, and imo it's just not worth waiting that long.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yeah, CooModel might be a bit too thick. If you are going to swap bodies, maybe look at DAM bodies in case you can find a slimmer version there (they have had several variants over the years). But if the body does work reasonably well, why swap it at all? Who knows, you might be able to slip in a little stuffing (or build it up with tape)?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:Yeah, CooModel might be a bit too thick. If you are going to swap bodies, maybe look at DAM bodies in case you can find a slimmer version there (they have had several variants over the years). But if the body does work reasonably well, why swap it at all? Who knows, you might be able to slip in a little stuffing (or build it up with tape)?

Yeah, I think it will be ok.... : )

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
One of the many downsides to Sideshow’s crap business practices, is that the first run of their figures usually has a decent body — it helps to boost sales, but the subsequent runs use an inferior body that people have complained endlessly about. They also use different materials for the clothing, etc., not even the same paint apps.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:One of the many downsides to Sideshow’s crap business practices, is that the first run of their figures usually has a decent body — it helps to boost sales, but the subsequent runs use an inferior body that people have complained endlessly about. They also use different materials for the clothing, etc., not even the same paint apps.

Interesting, I had not realised that. I just figured the shoddiness was the same regardless. Very tricksy of them to do that...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Likewise. I hadn't noticed, but then again I don't have too many of these.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:One of the many downsides to Sideshow’s crap business practices, is that the first run of their figures usually has a decent body — it helps to boost sales, but the subsequent runs use an inferior body that people have complained endlessly about. They also use different materials for the clothing, etc., not even the same paint apps.

Very tricksy of them to do that...

Indeed. Gollum approves.

Check out the last few pages of the Mythos Obi-Wan thread over at the Freaks, where some of this was discussed at length — including pics and comparisons.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

Very tricksy of them to do that...

Indeed. Gollum approves.

Check out the last few pages of the Mythos Obi-Wan thread over at the Freaks, where some of this was discussed at length — including pics and comparisons.

Ha, yess, he does, Preciouss. ;D 

And thanks for the heads-up, will do!

csyeung

csyeung
I'm trying to stick to the realistic headsculpts. SS charging HT money with less accessories =(.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
csyeung wrote:I'm trying to stick to the realistic headsculpts. SS charging HT money with less accessories =(.

Yeah, I feel you. The only reason I'm even considering it is that my entire SW collection revolves around both Anakin and The Clone Wars, so I think I would probably end up kicking myself for not getting it.

ETA: Just noticed another couple of nitpicks. One, Obi-Wan looks too tall...nearly as tall as Anakin in those promo pics. Shocked And two, they should have ditched the cloaks, as they don't look all that well-made, don't hang or drape very well, and the stitches are distractingly visible. The 'Jedi robes' look is hardly iconic to the animated show, either. They could have left those out and included some other accessory that was more show-specific, like idk... a Jedi holocron, or something.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Don’t tell me you’re trying to talk yourself out of getting these, S…? I thought of you the second I saw these. Granted the price is steep, but this is YOUR Star Wars! Have you looked around at some of the HK shops, etc., to see if you can get them cheaper from somewhere else?

csyeung

csyeung
KGHobby has these 254 USD before ship

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Don’t tell me you’re trying to talk yourself out of getting these, S…? I thought of you the second I saw these. Granted the price is steep, but this is YOUR Star Wars! Have you looked around at some of the HK shops, etc., to see if you can get them cheaper from somewhere else?

I'm still planning on getting the Anakin, regardless. Wasn't so much trying to talk myself out of it as just being brutally honest about my thoughts on the figures -- it helps to have realistic expectations. I *do* like these, whatever nitpicks I might have. I just kinda wish they'd been out 5 yrs ago (when things were not so rough economically, sigh).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I know the feeling, Sky. Also, 5 years ago, they would have costed well less than 200, probably.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:I know the feeling, Sky. Also, 5 years ago, they would have costed well less than 200, probably.

Yeah, if they'd both been under $200, I'd probably have PO'd without much hesitation. As it is, I will be lucky to afford just the Anakin. Part of the issue is that the payment plan for the upcoming Hot Toys Clone Wars Anakin overlaps with this one....which is extremely inconvenient, to say the least!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I just talked myself into buying a couple of sets I will review down the line, but in part because each was under 200.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:I just talked myself into buying a couple of sets I will review down the line, but in part because each was under 200.

Nice to take advantage of deals like that, but sad that that's what's considered a 'deal' these days... ;p

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum