OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL 1/6 European Shape Female Nude Body Action Figure (possibly NSFW)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Ghost808

MX-V wrote:Thank you.
But it's just a color chart.

The good news is I placed an order with them. hahaha (I've got enough...)
Guess I'll just see when she gets here...
Yeah, sorry. I went and looked after I posted. I assumed they had a similar feature to their tbleague comparison page. But as you say, it's just a colour chart.

Good luck with your new figure.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
MX-V - just keep in mind that the surface of the Jiaou Dolls is more prone to staining and ripping than the TBLeague ones, even though they are both types of TPE. So careful with your customization. And remember modesty when showing them off. Wink

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shazzdan

I have more tears in my TBLs than Jiaous even though I have more Jiaous.  IMO Jiaous are superior in every way except for range of movement and potential for staining.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

GeeWillikers

MX-V wrote:Does anyone have any knowledge or link to a chart (maybe with pictures)
of Jiaou Female bodies?

I can't find anything. I'm looking for the tallest female Jiaou body,
but it would help to have a reference.

Maybe something about the stock numbers tell the size.

They're all pretty much the same height.

The 'European' body above seems to be the shortest, while the newest 'slender Asian' body appears to be the tallest, but I'm sure those are just misperceptions related to their respective 'fat'/'thin' body masses.

If there are any actual height differences, then we're only talking in milimeters. There certainly isn't anything approaching the height variety offered by TBL.

MX-V

MX-V
Thanks for the responses.
GF, hahahaha, modesty... Yes, I will respect that.
The (kind of) fun thing when ordering is you have no idea what you'll get.
I thought that the European body type would be thin, maybe average height. She's big and the tallest so far. In white. The center one came from Aliex. No description. Thin, big bust and small. In Black is the one from Ekia Hobbies, Suntan Big bust. She's short and a bit stocky.NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL 1/6 European Shape Female Nude Body Action Figure (possibly NSFW) - Page 2 J_3_0111

Hard to tell from the photo but they are very different. And no stock numbers on the boxes.
But I really like these. So much, they won't be customized (or what I call, MX'ed up)
Love the TBL's also, tighter skeletons and I like that they're different. Love variety.
I like the Jiaou hands more. Cool stands.

The figures in the picture are all wheat colored, but you may be able to tell they are different.
The Jia colors are more natural also. The latest one will be white, not pale. This should be interesting...

shazzdan

shazzdan
The most frustrating thing about Jiaous is not having stock number or model number on the box. Buying a Jiaou from most suppliers is a lottery because you are never exactly sure what is going to show up.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, you're definitely going to end up with variety in your collection. Glad it worked out. I find the Jiaou hands and feet less delicately sculpted/molded, and harder plastic. But, they paint the ladies' nails.

Ghost808

Ghost808
shazzdan wrote:I have more tears in my TBLs than Jiaous even though I have more Jiaous.  IMO Jiaous are superior in every way except for range of movement and potential for staining.
I've had 3 jiaou, and they all split at the groin and armpits, despite only being redressed one or two times, and only being displayed in a shady cool spot in basic standing poses. As a result I no longer use jiaou at all. 
I've only had 1 tbleague (out of 12) tear at the crotch, and they get reposed/dressed way more than the jiaou ever did. 

I think that particular tbleague only split, because I stupidly displayed it above a top mounted PC fan, so it was getting an up-skirt blast of hot dry air for weeks.
Admittedly I had one other tbleague that broke down, but that was my first, which ended up being used for loads of kitbash, and skin painting testing. It took a beating, so not really surprising.

The jiaous just....split, for no obvious reason. 

Either you've been really lucky with jiaou, or I've been really unlucky.

shazzdan

shazzdan
I don't have any earlier Jiaous. All the ones I have are version 3. They seem to be no more susceptible to tearing than TBL.

Kallor8

I have 8 female Jiaou bodies, 2 seamless feet models, and...more than that of TBL we'll say, lol, and I have found Jiaou are worse in almost every respect, personally. Dirt magnets, weaker limbs, wrist joint breakage if not careful swapping hands (which are much harder to swap than TBL and require a hair dryer virtually always), poseability is less with jerkier limb motions, and the skin deforms and gets a lumpy consistency easier. They feel night and day to me.

Jiaou pros are they have more skin tones available, painted fingernails, and if you're lucky with the model you receive the recent offerings have fists (which is huge, honestly, female fists are not easy to come by) along with stands.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Slightly OT: For all the flaws/limitations I've encountered with their base bodies, Jiaou's clothing range is more varied, practical/durable and dependable (no staining in my experience) than most of their competitors and they seem to be (wisely IMHO) concentrating their efforts on that side of the business at the moment.

Kallor8

I agree, their clothing (and weapons/furniture type accessories) are very nice. Jiaou does good extras to try and add value to their base bodies, as well, even their string bikini throwaway clothing articles come with wrist and sometimes ankle fabric for hiding seems, which TBL used to do way back but has pretty much abandoned now.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I also agree that Jiaou makes some nice clothing - in fact, unlike TBLeague, they make clothing that you can purchase by itself for using with their figures -- or any others. I don't have very much of it, but what I have has been good quality and did not stain. One was the leather-like bodysuit in this topic:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4234-rivals-photo-heavy

I like that Jiaou goes a little further with accessories (stands, body parts) than TBLeague usually does, and I like the fact they provide some variety of skin tones, but the quality and usefulness of these is not always as impressive as one might hope. Since only the joints are metal, the range of motion is palpably more limited and the motion itself less smooth than what we get with TBLeague. And don't get me started on those wide hips and strange limb proportions on the Jiaou male bodies. The seamless ankles (on some of their female bodies) are atrocious when bent, and those bodies still can't stand. The Jiaou TPE (or just its surface?) is more delicate and more prone to staining and ripping, and that's a fact. I have colored a number of seamless bodies with oil pastels, and no matter how careful I was, I could not avoid surface tears (or scrapes, if you will) on the Jiaou, which remained obvious and looked a different color afterwards. The TBLeague material takes a lot more to damage the surface, and even then it actually looks and performs almost as well as if it were not damaged. As to actual deep tears or cuts in the TPE flesh, I have never tried to do that to one of my Jiaou bodies, so I can't testify to it. I did emancipate a TPE body from its endoskeleton a long time ago, and it took a lot of effort to cut through the material, never mind strip it off the "bones."

Ghost808

Ghost808
shazzdan wrote:I don't have any earlier Jiaous. All the ones I have are version 3. They seem to be no more susceptible to tearing than TBL.
I'm reasonably late to 1/6, so all my jiaous were series 3.0 non removable feet versions. 2 mid bust, one large bust. All deteriorated in the space of 6/9 months, sitting on a shelf.

I have a very warm, dry apartment. Oppressively so during the summer, sometimes. So I wonder if Jiaou's overly soft TPE is susceptible to certain atmospheric conditions?

Maybe I did just have bad luck, but I'm not chancing it by buying more jioau bodies. I'm glad somebody had a good experience of jiaou bodies though. 

As others have said. Their non body stuff is good. I'd buy their clothing and accessories without hesitation.

MX-V

MX-V
Scary to hear this about the Jiaous. After seeing what happened to my Hot Stuff Edation figure, I hate the thought of seeing a split or even hearing about one.

I've worked on tpe repair on bigger scales and it's not fun. But worth a try.

I know there are 2 different schools of thought on maintenance.
One, to use mineral oil to replenish the oil in the tpe.
Two, don't mineral oil and just powder.

The third is my own, oil and then maybe powder but just enjoy now, nothing is forever.

Ghost808

Ghost808
MX-V wrote:Scary to hear this about the Jiaous. After seeing what happened to my Hot Stuff Edation figure, I hate the thought of seeing a split or even hearing about one.

I've worked on tpe repair on bigger scales and it's not fun. But worth a try.

I know there are 2 different schools of thought on maintenance.
One, to use mineral oil to replenish the oil in the tpe.
Two, don't mineral oil and just powder.

The third is my own, oil and then maybe powder but just enjoy now, nothing is forever.
I only powder them with corn starch. Overall my tbleagues have held up really well. 
Besides my one that got dried out. Any damage they do have is superficial and almost entirely my fault, from heavy handedness. Trying to force clothing on, etc. Even then it's mostly just barely noticeable surface peeling.

NTWarmachine

NTWarmachine
This may be the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know which skintone best matches with SDH005C? I heard the BS01 one worked, and another source said that the KT004 did as well.

I have the pink skin body, and it was a complete mismatch.

https://www.instagram.com/ntwarmachine/

Ghost808

Ghost808
NTWarmachine wrote:This may be the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know which skintone best matches with SDH005C? I heard the BS01 one worked, and another source said that the KT004 did as well.

I have the pink skin body, and it was a complete mismatch.

I have the A version of that head. I was given shaky advice on another forum, to use KT and BS codes, and both were bad. BS was closer, but the head was too yellow.
It's my understanding that YS is the colour code that best matches. Having wasted $100 on two jiaou, I never bought a 3rd YS colour body, in order to find out, so can't guarantee that colour is correct. My SDH005A has been sat in a box for years.

Don't quote me on it though. Maybe best to wait for somebody who has found an exact match, who can offer advice.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
For that specific head I used (when they were still available) a Phicen (pre TBLeague name change) “Tan” body (not Suntan), which still wasn’t an exact match, but closer than any of the others. I don’t think I ever got one of the YS bodies

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: JIAOU DOLL 1/6 European Shape Female Nude Body Action Figure (possibly NSFW) - Page 2 C8485110

Ghost808

Ghost808
Stryker2011 wrote:For that specific head I used (when they were still available) a Phicen (pre TBLeague name change) “Tan” body (not Suntan), which still wasn’t an exact match, but closer than any of the others. I don’t think I ever got one of the YS bodies
That makes sense. The short lived "Tan" body was very yellow toned, much like the YS. So I reckon YS probably is the best match.

Anyone else tested this properly? I'm interested to know too. I might even get a body for that head, finally!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum