OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Update: additional photos in Post 12.

For the review of the original set, see HERE.

Well, what can I say, I've pulled an ActionFigureMovies move and, after finding an extra Soo Soo Toys Mr Butcher set tropical shirt and jeans, experimented with recreating Billy using a TBLeague M33 body, which I figured was about the right build and stature for the character (you can see a comparison photo to the set figure farther down). I borrowed one of the heads, belt, and accessories, gave him a watch and a necklace to match the on-screen appearance, and some temporary boots (from ACI) that are an improvement in terms of stability and articulation, but not appearance (as I said, they are temporary). No special effects.

So here are a few photos of the reconstituted figure to start with.

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb218

Despite the restrictiveness of the long sleeves of the coat, the elbow bent is already better.

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb219

These poses with the crow bar were inspired by promotional images for the series.

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb310

And the cattle prod one is based on a still or set photo.

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb311

This one is based on a still.

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb312

Say goodbye to your Compound V if you get any closer! I will crush the rest of them, I swear!

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb313

He can wield the hammer much better, fitting it more easily in the softer plastic TBLeague hands, and without bending or twisting the relatively soft rubber handle of the hammer.

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb314

What's better than pounding away while buzzed?

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb315

Is that enough of a drill for you? Also based on still.

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb316

Oh, hello there, mate. What's wrong with your elbows? Are you sure the cattle prod is as effective as my crow bar?

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb318

I'm glad we got to discuss it over drinks.

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb319

Electrical drill it is!

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb317

Given the ending of Season 2 (no spoilers -- mostly), you may be wondering what Billy Butcher is likely to get himself into during Season 3. Well, some of that is pretty obvious, so here go some predictions.

First, his kid or not, he is going to be, despite his nihilistic nature, a pretty decent dad. Considering the circumstances...

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb410

I don't know how he will find the time, or the patience, or the knowledge, but I'm sure he'll pull it off...

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb411

And speaking of pulling it off, to the delight of our ladies, it seems that he has picked up an extra day (or is it night?) job...

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb412

... apparently to get close to a certain female crypto-supe villain...

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb413

That's it for the predictions, but I thought these showed off the more neutral head sculpt's remarkable likeness

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb414

and realism.

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb415

What do you think?

Update: additional photos in Post 12.

#theboys #billybutcher #williambutcher #tbleague #phicen #soosootoys #custom #kitbash #male #funny #superhero

Valiarde

Valiarde
Everything char looks better with a seamless upgrade Smile

Lol at the baby scenes, very nice. You have so many great figures and a accessories. The head is really good, too. I didn't watch the show.

Illusion

Illusion
Excellent pics again.
Great HS!!!
Cool outfits.
I have watched the show and can relate to it all Laughing

Kudos to your wealth of accessories ... - but even more so to the ability to remember the useful ones in the right moment Cool Wink (I guess I am really often failing in remembering my props as there must be more than I show in the mess that I have amassed.)

Count von Curdles

Count von Curdles
Looks great! How well does the green coat fit on the M33? I need a coat like that to fit a TB League M34.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good. But… but… feeding a baby solid food is an absolute no-no!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Everything char looks better with a seamless upgrade Smile Lol at the baby scenes, very nice. You have so many great figures and a accessories. The head is really good, too. I didn't watch the show.

That is certainly true. As to how it works, that's a different question -- I think the pants, in particular, end up being tighter and therefore a bit more restrictive on the M33 body. Maybe M32 would work better there, but then again it will have less massive biceps... Well, one does accumulate a lot of stuff over the years. Storing it and keeping it organized is an issue. I'm glad I got to show off the head a little more closely, because when I do the general reviews, I tend to try to get the whole figure in in every shot.

Illusion wrote:Excellent pics again. Great HS!!! Cool outfits. I have watched the show and can relate to it all Laughing Kudos to your wealth of accessories ... - but even more so to the ability to remember the useful ones in the right moment Cool Wink  (I guess I am really often failing in remembering my props as there must be more than I show in the mess that I have amassed.)

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them. And that I got to zoom in on the head more this time around, hopefully doing it better justice. Hope you are enjoying the show too, I certainly do. I think for the most part I remember the accessories (though sometimes I surprise myself), but the problem is finding them. Especially when one puts things in order in a hurry, boxes and bags can get scattered in unhelpful ways, and then one needs them without having the time to look.

Count von Curdles wrote:Looks great! How well does the green coat fit on the M33? I need a coat like that to fit a TB League M34.

Thank you very much. Overall, I was surprised how well everything fit and worked, but that was largely because I did not expect it to. The shirt was probably the easiest in fitting and working in the end. The pants fit in the end, and look great, but are a bit more restrictive than they were on the original hard plastic body. The coat fit, especially after some "negotiation" with the biceps/triceps. It took a lot of effort to pull it up properly at the shoulders and make the collar sit well around the back of the neck. You can get it there, or almost, and there is still room for motion, though it feels a bit restrictive. So, this being an M33, I would guess this will be a little too tight for an M34. I think it would have been easier using an M32, but that would probably not have been as good a body type for Billy, and even farther off from what you need.

Stryker2011 wrote:Looks good. But… but… feeding a baby solid food is an absolute no-no!

Thank you very much. I agree, and I'm sure he found it out eventually. Wait... maybe that's how this happened!
Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb011
Nah...

Illusion

Illusion
Laughing alien

Valiarde

Valiarde
That smile. Priceless Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Illusion wrote:Laughing alien

Glad you liked it.

Valiarde wrote:That smile. Priceless Smile

Ha, I'm glad you think so. For some reason it looks much better when Toy Anxiety took a picture of that sculpt. It isn't that bad, but definitely the weaker of the two head sculpts.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Ronald McDonald called. He wants his boots back. Laughing

The figure works really well on the TB League body. The build looks more accurate to me than the official version. The head sits just a little bit high on the neck of the M33, but not enough to be distracting.

Mine is still a week away, but the figure has inspired me to watch the series, which is no mean feat. I don’t watch a lot of television, and when I do, it’s usually light hearted fare. I’ve also never been a fan of Garth Ennis and his violent and vulgar writing. So why I’m enjoying this show so much is beyond me, but I’m already on S2E2.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:Ronald McDonald called.  He wants his boots back.  Laughing

The figure works really well on the TB League body.   The build looks more accurate to me than the official version.  The head sits just a little bit high on the neck of the M33, but not enough to be distracting.

Mine is still a week away, but the figure has inspired me to watch the series, which is no mean feat.  I don’t watch a lot of television, and when I do, it’s  usually light hearted fare.  I’ve also never been a fan of Garth Ennis and his violent and vulgar writing.   So why I’m enjoying this show so much is beyond me, but I’m already on S2E2.

LOL come now, Billy was never that much of a clown... Smile

Glad you approve of the body upgrade. If you're going to show elbows, it helps to have them seamless. I agree, the head sits ever so slightly too high, but I did not want to mess with the internal connector... yet.

I'm glad you're enjoying the series... and binge watching, by the looks of it. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
As Xavion noticed, the head does sit a little high on the TBLeague neck. I knew that, but the inside neck connector seemed a bit too much hassle to remove or modify. When I finally worked up to doing so, it was a pain, perhaps more so than expected. But it is gone now. Does it look any better? It is now adjustable, at any rate.

Oh, and Butcher found himself a new girlfriend. She might make an honest man out of him yet. At least the baby is in better hands... Smile

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb416

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb417

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb418

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) Sstmb419

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Billy looks great! The head sits perfectly now. I kind of like him will Jill. She won’t take any crap from him! Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:Billy looks great! The head sits perfectly now.  I kind of like him will Jill.  She won’t take any crap from him!  Laughing

Glad you like them together, and the modification. And I can assure you that when he's with her, he's like a kitten. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The upgrade turned out great! Smile And the photo sequences are so well set-up. Agree with Illusion that it takes a lot of thought to place all the accessories and props 'just so'.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:The upgrade turned out great! Smile And the photo sequences are so well set-up. Agree with Illusion that it takes a lot of thought to place all the accessories and props 'just so'.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. And very flattered my hurriedly-thrown-together little corners worked. Smile

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome pictures my friend, this figure has so much potential! Even more once rebuilt on a phicen!

Great setups as well, thanks for sharing bro!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That last shot of “the family” on the couch is really nice. Well posed, and nice accessories.

Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:Awesome pictures my friend, this figure has so much potential! Even more once rebuilt on a phicen! Great setups as well, thanks for sharing bro!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it and my little experiment with it. And coming from you, your kind words are extremely flattering and encouraging.

Stryker2011 wrote:That last shot of “the family” on the couch is really nice. Well posed, and nice accessories.

I'm glad you liked it. Nothing too complicated, but that's what I was going for. I do wish her skin color would be closer to the TBLeague suntan. She's also in line to be given "real" hair. Smile

PS Really liking both your new signature and your new avatar.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks. greygoose over at the Freaks made a bunch for members after opening up requests (Star Wars characters only, obviously).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks. greygoose over at the Freaks made a bunch for members after opening up requests (Star Wars characters only, obviously).

Well, very nicely done. And it channels your inner Slave Leia beautifully! Wink

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really good job on improving him, hopefully his new girlfriend change's that baby's diet and his eyes stop glowing. Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) 1f604

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:Really good job on improving him, hopefully his new girlfriend change's that baby's diet and his eyes stop glowing.  Anti-Superhero Billy Butcher upgrade and The Boys Season 3 Predictions (updated) 1f604

Thank you very much, glad you liked him. Well, whatever happens, it's got to be an improvement with her getting involved... Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum