OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 25]

Rogerbee

Founding Father
It's frustrating when you don't have the internet after having taken it for granted. That said, my first thought when I woke up this morning wasn't that I needed to surf, which it had been previously.

That robe looks ace!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

Thanks Roger! Well at least you can leave the house and go to the pub without your adrenaline going nuts! Wink Crying or Very sad

Done half of the second panel, seems to look wonky due to the foam pushing back but also seems to straighten out when I do the stitching for the other lines that bisect the first ones making the diamond pattern.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 U6Nd8AM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 LDnr6Z9

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Holy cow, that's a lot of work, SC. Looking great, though, with that extra thread lines to make the quilted pattern. You are a work-horse, my friend.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
You continue to amaze me, although by now I am well-used to your talents (or should be). Keep up the great work.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Ovy

Ovy
That project is Nobel Prize material! (Is there a 1/6 scale Nobel Prize Medal?)

Very inspiring how you master challenge after challenge.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Nicely done!

Pub!? LOL, I've been teetotal since 2003 so that's unlikely!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Holy cow, that's a lot of work, SC. Looking great, though, with that extra thread lines to make the quilted pattern. You are a work-horse, my friend.

Cheers! Really hoping the next one is asymmetrical!! Very Happy

GubernatorFan wrote:You continue to amaze me, although by now I am well-used to your talents (or should be). Keep up the great work.

Thanks GF! I just make it up as I go along as usual! Wink

Ovy wrote:That project is Nobel Prize material! (Is there a 1/6 scale Nobel Prize Medal?)

Very inspiring how you master challenge after challenge.

Thank you and welcome aboard Ovy! That's such a nice thing to hear after all the crap I get for my sword and gun collection on FB! Laughing

Rogerbee wrote:Nicely done!

Pub!? LOL, I've been teetotal since 2003 so that's unlikely!

CHEERS!

Thanks! Cafe then? Wink

Finished the diamond pattern at last. Got the sleeves next, might have to undo a bunch of work to get in there though...

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 MUryGzn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 THfeKFh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 LibnnuL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 6QcV1ha

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Those last photos have come a really long way from where you started.

Allotropos

Allotropos
That coat came out super AMAZING ShovelChop !!
Freaking mad skills !!

peter the painter

Amazing! Balins coat is a work of art in itself.

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Turned out pretty cool. I like his belt too. Great job.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 C8485110

dadrab

dadrab
What a coat. Got to agree with Peter on that...it's a stand-alone masterpiece.

So well done, Sir Chop.

Ovy

Ovy
He needs a bell and a nice Santa head. And some elves to push around. Very Happy

That diamond pattern is just perfect.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
He is outstanding!

I don't drink tea or coffee either! A smoothie might cut it, LOL!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Those last photos have come a really long way from where you started.

LOL, I hope so or I've wasted a lot of time, ink and thread! Or do you mean the actual photos are better? In that case it would just be luck!  Wink

Allotropos wrote:That coat came out super AMAZING ShovelChop !!
Freaking mad skills !!

Thank you! Still got a lot to do...

peter the painter wrote:Amazing! Balins coat is a work of art in itself.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks to the costume designers at Wetta Studios it is indeed a super intricate masterpiece of tailoring and embroidery which is making it bloody hard for me!  Laughing

Stryker2011 wrote:Turned out pretty cool. I like his belt too. Great job.

Cheers for noticing! That too needs more intricate detail work, even has some triangular stirrup brass pieces and I have no idea what they are for! I would normally think they were for hanging throwing axes but he doesn't have any weird..  scratch

dadrab wrote:What a coat. Got to agree with Peter on that...it's a stand-alone masterpiece.

So well done, Sir Chop.

Thank you dadrab, not done yet though.

Ovy wrote:He needs a bell and a nice Santa head. And some elves to push around. Very Happy

That diamond pattern is just perfect.

Yeah they definitely gave him a Scandinavian Santa/Gnome look he even has pixie boots! Thanks for appreciating the diamond stitching.

Rogerbee wrote:He is outstanding!

I don't drink tea or coffee either! A smoothie might cut it, LOL!

CHEERS!

Well he's standing which is something...although his body hasn't completely escaped the chop shop yet, he still needs swivel thighs and a swivel elbow.

Got sod all done today figure wise, been very much a gun day up to my ears in electronic paper work ordering a new gas sniper and a Kriss Vector I found second hand.. cheers

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Best get swiveling then!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
LOL, thought I'd finish his robes first. Started the pattern on his sleeves, same deal as the diamonds but just straight lines (or as straight as I can sew by hand!). I'll have a go at the outer robe too afterwards, might work or might be as disaster Wink .

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 RKWDsJH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 DN3l8AD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Cp6mbjS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 EzoMlz0

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 WlfeBm5

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
You're going great guns here, you may well have found your forte.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:You're going great guns here, you may well have found your forte.

CHEERS!

What sewing? I'll take making armour over that any day of the week! Wink

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Iu4HEd9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 W8Nxw8y

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I was thinking more of fantasy/LOTR bashes.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Aha! Well as you know I tend to bounce around from Iron Man to Star Wars to LOTR and the occasional violent ancient warrior or two when the mood takes me...

Done with the sewing on this robe, still need to fashion clasps for it, finish the belt and have ordered some fine tipped Sharpie markers to redo the pattern for the last time. Doing the boots now, will have a go at the outer robe tomorrow I think then it's time to make his glaive/sword.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Y58BhdK

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 BO7eNBj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 5MVXuBV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 B2P2E91

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
You'd never know that they didn't exist till you got your hands on them!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:You'd never know that they didn't exist till you got your hands on them!

CHEERS!

Er..What? You just confused the crap out of me now Roger! Laughing Wink

peter the painter

I continue to be surprised at your ability to problem solve in your pursuit of accuracy, and to be amazed at how well you address them.
The robe looks excellent, really looking forward to your next update.

Cheers,

Peter.

dadrab

dadrab
^^What he said.^^

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

What I meant was that until you built them they weren't ever made in that scale.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

What I meant was that until you built them they weren't ever made in that scale.

CHEERS!

Oh right, got you now, cheers!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
LOL! We all have those moments.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Been busy setting up and reviewing a couple of new airsoft guns as I write and do pictorial reviews on those at another forum too.
I have got some work done on Balin though, completely redid all the embroidery pattern work using new markers and that white one to give me a clean start. I've also been doing a bit of 1/6 cobbling hammering tiny eyelet rivets into his boots for his laces, quite time consuming. I'm also trying a new idea to make his belt accessories as bending little bits of brass wasn't getting the results I want so I'm now planning to use bits of gold model sprues/runners to make them; I still don't even know what they are or what they're for! Laughing
I've also included pics I took for the Asmus Thorin thread and put them here as I'd been planning on showing my 1:1 Dwarf weapon collection here anyway with some comparison pieces from other races in the LOTR world; these are all sharp, heavy and bloody dangerous around bare feet! Thorin's Dwarf sword is way too small sadly and I think his Elven sword is a bit big. You can see my 1/6 versions for comparison.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 JDPIWVP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 MdcSAGD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 WG45gut

DONE! NEVER TOUCHING IT AGAIN! tongue

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Qz3t8ID

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 AFcbqv2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 HVwVE3j

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 AGz9KL9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 LkhrFDl

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 UtxrqBS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 LAekrYF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 WeSjx6u

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 TEKdI3H

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 CvvyFqm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Fwt9i32

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 DEsoPXT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 2nivMNa

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 QxRWmCJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 QBeMgmp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 UjDc5lR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 WrKfO9R

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 WjeHoyf

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 K2v0xnY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 CFU442J

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 OYPYV2g

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 W682lmZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 8 Ewnse2P

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum