OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 25]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
That is a lot of fantastic work, my friend. Amazing.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I love that Clannad song; never realized Enya was their lead singer. Definitely a good mood match for your elven and dwarvish creations! Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Nice,

Loved Clannad too, their theme for Robin of Sherwood was ace!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

peter the painter wrote:Great work on the sundries, love the way the beard turned out too.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter!

Stryker2011 wrote:That is a lot of fantastic work, my friend. Amazing.

Cheers Stryker!

GubernatorFan wrote:I love that Clannad song; never realized Enya was their lead singer. Definitely a good mood match for your elven and dwarvish creations! Smile

A lot of their stuff is instrumental I think but then she is a musician not just a singer.

Rogerbee wrote:Nice,

Loved Clannad too, their theme for Robin of Sherwood was ace!

CHEERS!

I'm sure I would remember it if I heard it.

I've been busy working on modding my Kriss Vector but still got some work done on Gloin, been watching 'Farscape' (again) and just realised how much Kar'Dargo looks like Gloin Laughing

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 Y1xIXG6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 Sya9Sco

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 DjkK2wG

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 Lkgs6Zv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 GldiF5l

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 EnK0r3n

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 GMPJFB3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 AVCg9oY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 PZAMhal

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 Du7FwMi

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
He does a bit, good catch!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Now I start to understand the big flattened glob of grey something. You are the master at reproducing patterns. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:He does a bit, good catch!

CHEERS!

I thought it was pretty funny! I can't escape Gloin!!

GubernatorFan wrote:Now I start to understand the big flattened glob of grey something. You are the master at reproducing patterns. Smile

LOL, I thought I'd explained it Wink . Well I do what I can with what I have untill I really need something like the stencil I just ordered, annoyingly it's coming from China as I couldn't find one locally on ebay but should help a lot with patterns like his gauntlets. I made that much latex Dwarf scale armour as Thorin will need most of it.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 S9xMoKg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 T5IjQZL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 7cCL55p

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 FeMtEFP

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Maybe the designer is a Farscape fan!?

CHEERS!

peter the painter

Loving the leather work and the way you've done the shape of the boots, really interested in what you are going to do with the platelets too.

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ha! That’s funny. My wife and I just started rewatching Farscape ourselves. Love that show. There definitely is a resemblance to Dargo.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81

peter the painter wrote:Loving the leather work and the way you've done the shape of the boots, really interested in what you are going to do with the platelets too.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks! I'll just be cutting the scale armour to the shapes and sizes I need then add silver and a black wash probably.

Rogerbee wrote:Maybe the designer is a Farscape fan!?

CHEERS!

Stryker2011 wrote:Ha! That’s funny. My wife and I just started rewatching Farscape ourselves. Love that show. There definitely is a resemblance to Dargo.

Well they're both Australian and New Zealand based productions so I'm sure there's a connection! Wink

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, that beard is so epic. And I'm fascinated too with you reproducing patterns like that. Brilliant man.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
ReverendSpooky wrote:Man, that beard is so epic.  And I'm fascinated too with you reproducing patterns like that.  Brilliant man.

Cheers RS! The latex pattern method takes a couple of days as you have to wait while each coat dries before applying the next but you don't have to really do anything LOL.

Redoing his arms by thickening them up, reattaching the base shirt material and now building the bicep armour. The pattern scissors I have can't cut pleather annoyingly so I'm having to use PVA stiffened fibre card which I'll then paint and layer together.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 8Njc4oG

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 VhVfujh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 6pGMrkn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 Ha1PTdg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 HPFHSlz

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Good point about the Australian/New Zealand connection, some of them could well have worked on both.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Using foam to thicken the arms is genius, as it will not get in the way of articulation the way other materials would.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Good point about the Australian/New Zealand connection, some of them could well have worked on both.

CHEERS!

Jim Henson Studios is American and was in charge of all the creatures like the puppets, not sure if they were involved with the make up actor related designs so it could well have been someone who went on to work for Wetta Studios later.

GubernatorFan wrote:Using foam to thicken the arms is genius, as it will not get in the way of articulation the way other materials would.

Cheers! Does the job and an easy solution too.

Assembled and inked the upper bicep armour that seems to be a mix of leather and metal in the movie prop costume like Gimli's helmet neck guard.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 Y5lo2Sl

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 1jJkFL6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 FyJFfJV

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Mmm, possibly..

CHEERS!

peter the painter

Interesting idea, that looks like it could work.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Interesting idea, that looks like it could work.

Cheers,

Peter.

Well I've finished fabricating it now, basically a lot of cutting and glueing then redoing it multiple times until I was happy with it. Needs to be touched up with sepia ink to cover glue etc.. and the silver plates need painting but seems to do the trick, not great for articulation but he's only got broad stumpy arms anyway.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 BfPoUxT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 KSy1qiL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 2KmjVnJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 Ye4JCly

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 ZhZl8C8

peter the painter

He is coming together wonderfully well Alex, hats off once again, really enjoyable watching him develop.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 30112517877_6c24bbb0b8_zbfPoUxT by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Even if Asmus were to do him, I can't ever see you wanting to replace yours with one.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:He is coming together wonderfully well Alex, hats off once again, really enjoyable watching him develop.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter!

Rogerbee wrote:Even if Asmus were to do him, I can't ever see you wanting to replace yours with one.

CHEERS!

That's a nice thing to say, thank you! Well they're making Thorin and he looks great but I'm still planning to make my own.

Primmered and ink washed the boots, also dulled the 'V' pattern a bit with ink while touching up the shoulder armour, been working on my Kriss Vector and bloody boiler most of the day.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 AtMyyRu

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 0HZzKam

From this:

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 I3xtTRS

To this:(I had to make a complete custom stock adaptor to mount a fixed M4 stock to the original folding stock mounts without modifying the gun at all, the suppressor is also custom built).

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 Uam1keI

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He's definitely getting there. Once you get that wide belt (or whatever it is) on, he will look pretty complete. Cheers!

dadrab

dadrab
The boots are art, man. Odd to say, but they're my favorite part to this one, so far.

Lots and lots of damn nice stuff going on.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:He's definitely getting there. Once you get that wide belt (or whatever it is) on, he will look pretty complete. Cheers!

It's a belt, what else would you call it?LOL Laughing

dadrab wrote:The boots are art, man. Odd to say, but they're my favorite part to this one, so far.

Lots and lots of damn nice stuff going on.

Cheers dadrab, here you go boots all done! Might do some weathering later not sure.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 W11Gvsf

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 DYUrLET

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 T6mOAnL

peter the painter

Alex, the boots look really good. hope you don't mind me saying, for what it's worth, darkening the lower half of the paintwork on the foot, and dry brushing with light tan, would bring out that distinctive shape of the boot you've created considerably.
Used micro soft paint on pic below to show you what I mean,Great work though in any case.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 45031014052_a02f827d99_zw11Gvsf by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Those boots look ace!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Alex, the boots look really good. hope you don't mind me saying, for what it's worth, darkening the lower half of the paintwork on the foot, and dry brushing with light tan, would bring out that distinctive shape of the boot you've created considerably.
Used micro soft paint on pic below to show you what I mean,Great work though in any case.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 16 45031014052_a02f827d99_zw11Gvsf by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter! Great idea! I was thinking of weathering them with some light coloured dust using a dry sponge method which should have a similar effect as you correctly pointed out the dark colour does hide the characteristic angular shapes of these Dwarven boots. Brain's not too good coming down with something and still haven't fixed the bloody boiler! Mad  I'm worried I blew up the very expensive PCB but it does have a fuse that has blown on the PCB so hopefully that saved it! Well that's what its there for!! So it'll be a £4 fix or a £150 fix.....

Rogerbee wrote:Those boots look ace!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I will just chime in with the others, the boots blend in beautifully with the rest of the outfit. And I am sorry to hear about your 1:1 boiler woes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum