OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:47 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:All very understandable reasons as I'm sure you will be using him in various photographic stories that you do so well (I don't even have the patience for taking proper finished pics of half my builds Embarassed , I just want to build lol). As I've read all the books (I think) I'm used to Lestat being the lead character in many of them with his lust for blood and power whilst toying with humans like a psychopathic kid with poor animals, so my take on him is probably very different from yours. If you were to go for a more deathly look I'd recommend multiple layers of clear coat over very subtle veins on a pale skin but that would be very character specific and part of a horror collection like I have.

Given how many photos you shoot and post to document your builds, it is understandable you a bit tired to bother photographing them thoroughly when finished sometimes. Have you watched True Blood? That got pretty graphic at times. Thanks for the vein painting recommendation.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

27Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:53 am

blackpool

he looks absolutely fantastic!!! The head is particularily impressive!!! Awesome duo of vampires bro!

28Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:15 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
blackpool wrote:he looks absolutely fantastic!!! The head is particularily impressive!!! Awesome duo of vampires bro!

Thank you very much, Alex, I'm very glad you liked him. Especially as I'm still divided on what choices I made/should have made, but your seal of approval makes me feel better about them. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

29Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:53 pm

Randam Hajile

You created a very nice Lestate. I can hardly remember when I last watched "Interview with the Vampire" (more than 10 years ago?), but I immediately recognized the character. The lighting in your pictures is also great, creating the right atmosphere and rendering Lestate very life-like.
Thanks for sharing.

30Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:59 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:You created a very nice Lestate. I can hardly remember when I last watched "Interview with the Vampire" (more than 10 years ago?), but I immediately recognized the character. The lighting in your pictures is also great, creating the right atmosphere and rendering Lestate very life-like.
Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much, I'm very glad you liked it and that the character is instantly recognizable (even with the non-specific clothes). Like I admit above, the lighting effect in the photos is the result of some color manipulation to the straight-up photos.

31Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:49 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those shots are fantastically moody and a great job on giving him hair too. Glad to know the sideshow angelus clothes work, I've seen them around a few times but was always wary they would look silly.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) - Page 2 1f60e

32Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:14 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:Those shots are fantastically moody and a great job on giving him hair too. Glad to know the sideshow angelus clothes work, I've seen them around a few times but was always wary they would look silly.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. I was worried about the clothes too. They are not perfect, but worked out decently. I will swap the pants and stockings with parted out ones from the Vamp Lou set, but otherwise the shirt and vest will have to do for now. The Sideshow Angelus was pretty decent, especially for when it was made -- very good articulation, although the joints were quite loose (then again, I got a loose used figure). I'm thinking of denecking and repainting the head, and giving it another body. But of course he'll have to get some more clothes now, unless I turn him into a Fabio romantic novel cover model LOL.

33Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:51 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great job on the character. You really mastered the Hair job. I really love the Chair. Fantastic pictures and thanks for showing !

34Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Makeshift Vampire Lestat (photo heavy) Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:39 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Great job on the character. You really mastered the Hair job. I really love the Chair. Fantastic pictures and thanks for showing !

Thank you very much, Ephiane. Ironically, this is one of my least ambitious and least complete hair jobs, but I'm glad you liked it. Can't take credit for the chair. It is the pseudo-Egyptian throne TBLeague provided with their Tutankhamun set.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum