OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Desert warrior Concept/WIP

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Desert warrior Concept/WIP Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:15 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Another figure joining my ensemble of unfinished figures. Now that I finally found a good head model file and painted the body with oil pastels, after failed experiments with pigments and another too oily french pastel failed/transfered too much colour and never stopped, I bought some fabrics in teh city that might look interesting. Now a lot of combinations are.possible and it's hard too decide. Started sewing some Salwars/baggy pants for a start.

Here some quick experiments.

The body lightened up a bit, will have to re paint the rudimentary painted head. Was actually going for a much darker, Sudanese-esque skin tone for the body.
Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211206-145236

Thinking about a blue top, face wrap, spikey helmet with cloth wrapped around and maybe a Persian looking armor. It's a completely new culture so I can borrow everywhere a bit.
Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211206-145326

Probably will make pants with every fabric and then decide.
Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211206-145428

Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211206-145505

Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211206-145542

Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211206-145640

She is actually a rather rich, noble military family kind of person so she has to show with jewelry and fancy fabrics, unlike the grunty pleb that is Jaroyesz.
Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211206-145756

Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211206-145907

2Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:57 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very promising. I know you'll have to repaint it, but the head looks great. Nice choice of fabrics, with designs small enough to work in sixth scale. Funny, I just colored another body with oil pastels to make it African, and it turned out too dark (even with the protective powder on it). I don't want to recolor the head, so I have to make the body lighter.

3Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:35 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
She´s just Great. What skin colour You get is a question of the skin colour the TBL Body has. For my african Lady i use a pale TBL Body and after the oil pastell job she looks like not dark enough. So i give her a black oil pastell skin and after that i use brown oil pastell on it.
I really love her Headsculpt. Looks authentic african to me. An excellent combination of colours at her dress. I know how hard it is to find farbrics with little pattern of cloth.

4Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:07 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She is already looking great!! A vast array of fabric choices there, almost like we are going fabric shopping at some bazaar with her, lol.

You will need to specify which 'universe' your characters are in now.... your sci-fi/fantasy warrior 'verse or your post-apocalyptic 'verse.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:21 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So many cool options. That head sculpt is gorgeous.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Desert warrior Concept/WIP C8485110

6Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:25 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Amazing work so far Ovy! Really looking forward to seeing this one progress. Really nice work on the body and head too.

7Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:44 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very nice. I like the fabric combination of your last two pictures. I somewhat prefer the plain colored pants over the version with the pattern.

8Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:14 pm

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Very promising. I know you'll have to repaint it, but the head looks great. Nice choice of fabrics, with designs small enough to work in sixth scale. Funny, I just colored another body with oil pastels to make it African, and it turned out too dark (even with the protective powder on it). I don't want to recolor the head, so I have to make the body lighter.
Thanks, looking forward to your new character.

Ephiane wrote:She´s just Great. What skin colour You get is a question of the skin colour the TBL Body has. For my african Lady i use a pale TBL Body and after the oil pastell job she looks like not dark enough. So i give her a black oil pastell skin and after that i use brown oil pastell on it.
I really love her Headsculpt. Looks authentic african to me. An excellent combination of colours at her dress. I know how hard it is to find farbrics with little  pattern of cloth.
Thanks a lot, if you need a head let me know. And yes I looked at every single fabric in the store, haha.
And this one was suntan, or how i call it tbleauge zombie grey. Good idea with the black pastel, actually used black on the elbows, knees etc.

skywalkersaga wrote:She is already looking great!! A vast array of fabric choices there, almost like we are going fabric shopping at some bazaar with her, lol.

You will need to specify which 'universe' your characters are in now.... your sci-fi/fantasy warrior 'verse or your post-apocalyptic 'verse.
Haha yeah, she definitely will miss bazaars once I deploy her into my cruel zombie infested world. Ans yeah I still don't have names for the universes. Most fantasy world/book etc names just sound so generic. Open for suggestions.

Stryker2011 wrote:So many cool options. That head sculpt is gorgeous.
Thanks a lot, your Naomi sculpt presentation actually sent me to look for a file in other places.

BAMComix wrote:Amazing work so far Ovy! Really looking forward to seeing this one progress. Really nice work on the body and head too.
Thanks a lot, mich to do but the feeling is there already, at least, haha.

Randam Hajile wrote:Very nice. I like the fabric combination of your last two pictures. I somewhat prefer the plain colored pants over the version with the pattern.

Thanks, yeah also think I prefer plain colored for the lower part.

Just some more experiments.

Wonder if this would look cool.
Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211207-200640

And made new blue pants. Sadly the fabric is not good a realistically creating folds and wrinkles.
Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211207-180145

It's super comfy.
Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211207-183209

Maybe more some kind of leisure wear.
Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211207-195858

Movement is ok
Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211207-195952

Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211207-200748

Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211207-200820

Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211207-201002

Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211207-201039

9Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:22 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Fashion houses have nothing on you, Ovy! Smile Ovyverse?

10Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:38 am

Diana

Diana
Oh she already looks great, but I can't wait to see the final result! And possibly more progress shots in the meantime. Very Happy

Beautiful posing!

11Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:39 am

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Fashion houses have nothing on you, Ovy! Smile Ovyverse?
Thanks. Yeah Ovyverse for the general idea, but does not make any sense in describing the two worlds I build.

Diana wrote:Oh she already looks great, but I can't wait to see the final result! And possibly more progress shots in the meantime. Very Happy

Beautiful posing!
Thanks a lot, won't happen this year I think, haha. And yes posture is important. I will try to make regular small updates.

Started repainting the head. Not that happy with the eyes but at least they are not cross eyed. But I like the eyebrows.

Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211210-102824

Desert warrior Concept/WIP PSX-20211210-103031

Good thing is I can print another one... although it involves quite some sanding to have it look close to casts and sculpts.

12Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:32 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She looks beautiful. Nice paint job.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Desert warrior Concept/WIP C8485110

13Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:13 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Agree, that's a beautiful paint job, Ovy!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

14Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:16 am

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I love that hs!
The wrapped top looks really comfy too - I’m looking forward to seeing more from this new culture!

15Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent job on the eyes Ovy. It does help a little bit that they are so nice and open. The latest repaints I was doing were a little squinty, so extra hard. But you have got the layer technique and the precision down to perfection. Maybe more gloss when you are done finalizing?

16Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:15 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Great figure, though I think a desert warrior might more likely carry a scimitar than a katana. I love the head sculpt.

17Desert warrior Concept/WIP Empty Re: Desert warrior Concept/WIP Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:37 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really great work on those eyes and the head repaint, they are beautifully made and so are the eyebrows. The clothing is quite colorful and very nicely made, I like those pants a lot.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Desert warrior Concept/WIP 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum