OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF's "classifieds section" question . . .

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OSF's "classifieds section" question . . . Empty OSF's "classifieds section" question . . . Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:09 am

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
See subject.

I'm likely posting an obvious question.

How come there is not more activity within the classifieds section given the obvious interests/wants unless there are said/unsaid reservations and risks?

Is it because of embarrassment?

A possibility no one would be interested?

Indifference?

Risks of a payment/transaction going south?

No one really questioned it until the resident @$$hole (i.e., me and no one else) actually posted about it?

~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

OSF's "classifieds section" question . . . 23116610

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
For a classified section to work, you have to have buyers and sellers. We’re all buyers. Laughing

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
Xavion2004 wrote:For a classified section to work, you have to have buyers and sellers.  We’re all buyers.  Laughing

--

I'm a buyer/seller like being a drug dealer and user.

Wink

Valiarde

Valiarde
I guess most people try to offer things on bigger platforms. And we have users from all over the world here, when you want to send in Europe only your potential buyers will be even less plentiful...

Maybe it is worth a try though

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I would imagine most of the activity takes place via PM, so the section really works more as an exhibit of things people are willing to sell.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some PMs come in, but I think some of the "lack of interest" really boils down to "lack of funds" or "desire to spend that much." Custom projects are costly for the person who commissions them, and unless one is having several thousand made -- which unless you have a factory isn't feasible -- and you can make your money back by selling those same thousands, small runs are very, very high; folks don't always understand that, and expect things to still be in the $20-30 range, which isn't realistic.

As far as broken down box sets, or complete sets -- money is always going to be a factor. How much are people going to be willing to spend. This topic has come up millions of times, and we can go round and round about whether something is "worth" what someone is asking, or what someone is willing to pay. It's a matter of desperation and economics. I've paid WAY too much for some things, just because I REALLY wanted them in my collection (Blitzway Leon the Professional as an example), but that's not something I'm willing to do for most things. The way this hobby works, I've spent more for a 1/6 hat than I have for a freaking real one, and honestly -- that's bull$#@t, and shouldn't be the case. But, honestly, if most of us weren't just a little bit stupid and irresponsible with our money when it comes to this hobby, forums like this one wouldn't exist.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF's "classifieds section" question . . . C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
What doesn't help for me, is that the topics there don't show up on the "view posts since last visit", which is what I always use.

That being said, I have some bodies I don't use, so I'm gonna put an ad there.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
TravelGuide wrote:What doesn't help for me, is that the topics there don't show up on the "view posts since last visit", which is what I always use.

That being said, I have some bodies I don't use, so I'm gonna put an ad there.

I didn't know that. Whenever there is a new post there (that you haven't seen), you would be able to see the new post indicator for that section on the overview page in the "Home" tab. Hopefully that helps a little.

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
Maybe I'll go through my "get rid of" bin(s) and see if anything worthwhile can be posted.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Unfortunately, it always looks like there is a thread not seen indicator for that section.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF's "classifieds section" question . . . C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The issue for me is that this is an international forum, whereas I'm trying to keep my sales within the UK only, since shipping is a pain and often cost-prohibitive for people. So I try to sell within the UK first, if possible. This means using something like ebay where I can limit the search results.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
Personally speaking, "IF" I had anything to sell . . . it would be US only.

Why?

I don't want to deal with the expense and paperwork of shipping anything overseas regardless of "claims" / "promises" the buyer will pay.

I'd rather get a root canal than go through that.

Even with selling in the US, there are risks because it so easy and tempting to screw over a seller to get something for nothing and vice versa. That's the mentality permeating through society and various collector groups in general.

No.

I am not accusing or implying anyone here of such.  It's just my observation and sentiment based on past experience.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yeah that is often the problem with international classified sections (but i understand it)...so I often don'T even bother looking

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
TravelGuide wrote:That being said, I have some bodies I don't use, so I'm gonna put an ad there.

I see you are as good as your word. I might have been tempted by the S29B (still one of the best TBLeague bodies out there, in my opinion), but I don't want to figure out the shipping and taxes for importing from Europe to the US. Nevertheless, I'm sure you'll make someone very happy with your extra bodies. Good luck with the listings.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
GubernatorFan wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:That being said, I have some bodies I don't use, so I'm gonna put an ad there.

I see you are as good as your word. I might have been tempted by the S29B (still one of the best TBLeague bodies out there, in my opinion), but I don't want to figure out the shipping and taxes for importing from Europe to the US. Nevertheless, I'm sure you'll make someone very happy with your extra bodies. Good luck with the listings.
I did sell them pretty quick, not here though, but on another forum where I also listed them. Nevertheless when I've got something to sell again, I'll list it here too. I've got some heads I don't use, so I probably will put up an ad for them soon.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks, TravelGuide. I'm sure they will be appreciated, and you will have interest wherever you list them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum