OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Nah, this isn't a Rocky Horror Picture Show post - but it does have some horror...and weird stuff going on.

This started off as just an expansion and mix-up of my backdrops, then escalated into experimenting with different lighting and eventually my imagination got the best of me and it became a whole thing. So with all this talk of 'multiverses' and such in pop culture media lately, I jumped on the bandwagon.

And well, we'll start with that Dark Knight quote because it's somewhat relevant.

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become..."

Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant 16401610
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii489
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii490
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii491
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii492
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii493
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii502

Prolonged use of the Demigod Mask corrupted Gheizt, even causing the artifact to slowly break away and become one with his physical body on a biological level. He embraced the power and distanced himself from everyone else to focus on it; though more of an anti-hero now and not a full-blown villain, he would soon come to a shocking revelation about his true origins which may or may not push him over the edge entirely. Regardless, The Metamorphosis was already in effect...

Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii496
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii497
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant 16401810
GHEIZT: Show me, Mask...show me The Truth.

Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii498
CAPT. STINGER: Years ago, your mother showed you one side of the coin, when you were young...
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii499
CAPT. STINGER: Now that you're older, I think you're finally ready for me to show you the other side...
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii500
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii501

For every fallen hero, a new one must rise. Soon after, The Descendant would arrive.

Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii503
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii504
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii505
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii506
Cadeus Skupezhovsky, offspring of Scoops and Ashora. He wears some of his predecessors' gear to honor them, as well as war paint reminiscent of his father's clown makeup to hide his alter-ego secret identity. Cadeus knows some magic, as he begins casting a spell on the ground nearby to summon a weapon, as he suddenly senses danger nearby.

Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant 16401811
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant 16401910
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii507

Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii508
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii509

CAPT. STINGER: Good job, you found my secret hideout.

Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii510
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii511
CADE: I'm here for Gheizt. I know you kidnapped and brainwashed him, you evil bastard!
CAPT. STINGER: My son become the vessel for Lord Kallius willingly. Why you come here looking for a fight? Why not just chill out...here, have a snowcone.
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant 2021-110
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant 2021-111
CADE: What the f...
CAPT. STINGER: Oh NoOo, noT mY LiTtLe SnOwCoNe. That's what your dad used to say, right?
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant 2021-112
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant 2021-113
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant 16401812
CAPT. STINGER: Relax, it's just a bit of optical sorcery. Not real...
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii513
Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant Lumii514
CAPT. STINGER: But it will become a reality if you don't stay away from my family. Now get off my damn property, boy.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Cool new look and twist (or twists), ample imagination, and cool and well-used filters -- though I do hope your fine Gheizt head(s) have not been destroyed in the process and will reappear intact in other installments. You had me at Skupezhovsky (apparently the Ellis island version of Skupeszowski Smile )... so now Gheizt is the son of Captain Stinger? As they say, the plot thickens...

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful sir, it just feels so endtimesy, like the Apocalypse had another Apocalypse.

Possessive evil masks can be a very cool and interesting concept.

I thought this might be one of your coolest and dynamic shots yet:

But then I saw this, briliant. The Bokehsparkling in the front and the lighting really with the magical super dragons.

The revelation of Skoop's/Cade's face surprised me a lot, I like the slightly washed off color.

The head cone thing shocked me and I was actually really relieved when it turned out to be an optical illusion of a sick mind (no offense:P ).

Also great:

The cape, the skullterfly, that skeletal boy, the greenery merging wit hthe background.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, agree with Ovy.... that's a great description 'like the Apocalypse had an Apocalypse'.

This might be your most ambitious photoshoot yet, and I really feel like the character designs, poses, background, colours, lighting, and special effects have all come together very seamlessly here. Excellent work!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Beautiful work on those figures, keep on rocking that creativity and all that amazing talent for putting these guys together.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Whoah. That was intense. Seeing the snow cone was certainly a shock, but luckily the twist turned it around. Wild experience, as always.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant C8485110

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
GubernatorFan wrote:Cool new look and twist (or twists), ample imagination, and cool and well-used filters -- though I do hope your fine Gheizt head(s) have not been destroyed in the process and will reappear intact in other installments. You had me at Skupezhovsky (apparently the Ellis island version of Skupeszowski Smile )... so now Gheizt is the son of Captain Stinger? As they say, the plot thickens...

Thank you Ian. Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant 1f609 I keep finding new ways to combine the effects and filters to get different results, and it's always a fun experiment. The head sculpts are still OK, some are just stand-ins for the time being. I was actually considering Skupeszowski, I did not know that, I honestly kept going back and forth being indecisive. Time Warp: The Metamorphosis & The Descendant 1f62f

Ovy wrote:Beautiful sir, it just feels so endtimesy, like the Apocalypse had another Apocalypse.

Possessive evil masks can be a very cool and interesting concept.

I thought this might be one of your coolest and dynamic shots yet:

But then I saw this, briliant. The Bokehsparkling in the front and the lighting really with the magical super dragons.

The revelation of Skoop's/Cade's face surprised me a lot, I like the slightly washed off color.

The head cone thing shocked me and I was actually really relieved when it turned out to be an optical illusion of a sick mind (no offense:P ).

Also great:

The cape, the skullterfly, that skeletal boy, the greenery merging wit hthe background.

Haha yes, I guess one could say there are literal layers to my apocalypse. The contrast of destruction with vibrant life is a strange idea of beauty I always find myself drawn to and attempting to emulate. This is why I am so looking forward to the new Horizon: Forbidden West video game, visually it is my ideal fully explorable open world, and could also juggle some new inspiration.

And well, an illusionist with a dark, twisted past like Stinger's is bound to have no filter when it comes to psychological warfare against his opponents. Even if it's just to intimidate them, he wants to get his point across as quickly as possible.

The Skullterfly Effect is a phrase I have you to thank for now. It sounds so cool! Smile

skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, agree with Ovy.... that's a great description 'like the Apocalypse had an Apocalypse'.

This might be your most ambitious photoshoot yet, and I really feel like the character designs, poses, background, colours, lighting, and special effects have all come together very seamlessly here. Excellent work!

You really think so? Thanks! I know the whole process of putting these worlds together and photographing them can be mind-bogglingly time consuming for most in general, but I get so OCD I often feel like I take even LONGER in the final steps taking hundreds of photos adjusting angles and lighting just to get the right ones.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Beautiful work on those figures, keep on rocking that creativity and all that amazing talent for putting these guys together.

Much appreciated praise boo-bomb. I will keep on rocking it for sure. Cool

Stryker2011 wrote:Whoah. That was intense. Seeing the snow cone was certainly a shock, but luckily the twist turned it around. Wild experience, as always.

Hehe, I sometimes feel I may be overplaying the whole shock factor with random stuff like that. But it almost feels as though it's become a trademark trope of my own style at this point, I mean you guys know something like that is gonna pop up out of nowhere...you just don't know when. What a Face

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ha, we can all be indecisive at times... either way, you create a beautifully gritty post-apocalyptic, mysterious world. So Stinger may be lying after all... which is good, I suppose.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Another amazing creation! Fantastic photos too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum