OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European and American Personality Female Star Head Eagle [GC047] [A, B, C, D Four Models]]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
While I'm disappointed with their choice of presentation (it's like they are not even trying), the head sculpt looks pretty great.

csyeung

csyeung
I agree, i think it looks close.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, yeah, the 'outfit' is ..... wtf??? Laughing

But the head itself seems nice. I was just thinking to myself today about finding a female sculpt with green eyes (for a certain character), and then it appears. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
Very nice head!

And I actually like the presentation and the choice of "clothing" GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European and American Personality Female Star Head Eagle [GC047] [A, B, C, D Four Models]] 1f60d

One/Sixth-uals - sexy scenes with 1/6 dolls
OneSixthuals on DeviantArt: photo stories and pictures with my sexy dolls (many NSFW)
OneSixthuals on Flickr: pictures of my dolls (SFW)
https://www.onesixthuals.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The head sculpt is really nice. Instantly recognizable, and it’s nice to finally have a Margot Robbie option that isn’t Harley Quinn.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European and American Personality Female Star Head Eagle [GC047] [A, B, C, D Four Models]] C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:The head sculpt is really nice. Instantly recognizable, and it’s nice to finally have a Margot Robbie option that isn’t Harley Quinn.

Amen to that!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Do the YMToys GacToys get released fairly soon-ish? It seems like some of them get released almost right away, while others I haven't even seen in-hand yet....

ETA: Whoops, sorry , meant GacToys ..... tired tonight... What a Face

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:The head sculpt is really nice. Instantly recognizable, and it’s nice to finally have a Margot Robbie option that isn’t Harley Quinn.

Amen to that!

Yes, amen indeed. I will be purchasing option B. I’ve had limited, but very positive, experiences so far with GAC heads.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I honestly don’t recall how long it takes for GAC to get their stuff out, sky, but my experience with them has been fairly positive. I just got one that’s been out for awhile, but finally broke down and picked it up during the Black Friday sales (Jason Statham — which is probably the best of the 5-6 heads I have of him).

GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European and American Personality Female Star Head Eagle [GC047] [A, B, C, D Four Models]] C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Good to know. I was just wondering because I actually wanted to recommend this head to a friend, but was hesitating mentioning it to them in case it was one of those situations where it's not out for nearly a year. ;p

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:

Amen to that!
LOL! Isn't this... Emma Stone? That's who I thought of anyway.

Gorgeous head sculpt!
While B is my favorite, I'll be going for D, since that is perfect for the more playful softer side of one of my characters (Cecile). Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Amen to that!

Gorgeous head sculpt!
While B is my favorite, I'll be going for D, since that is perfect for the more playful softer side of one of my characters (Cecile).  Very Happy

I think it's meant to be Margot Robbie. The face shape looks more like her to me. Plus, the hair colour is more typical of her. I think an Emma Stone head would prob have a red hair option.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Skywalkersaga
GAC Toys is really fast with their release schedule. I just checked again that the announcement of their Taylor Swift head was merely a month before the first in-hand picture appeared on the BBI forum.

Actually, I also did not recognize Margot Robbie instantly, but the resemblance is clearly there. The head is very beautiful. My only concern is overall size, as their latest release, the Taylor Swift-head, was on the smaller side (good on a Very Cool body, but largely undersized on a Viking woman body).

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:
Diana wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Amen to that!

Gorgeous head sculpt!
While B is my favorite, I'll be going for D, since that is perfect for the more playful softer side of one of my characters (Cecile).  Very Happy

I think it's meant to be Margot Robbie. The face shape looks more like her to me. Plus, the hair colour is more typical of her. I think an Emma Stone head would prob have a red hair option.
I think you're right, mostly because of that lower lip... They look VERY similar when smiling! Laughing
GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European and American Personality Female Star Head Eagle [GC047] [A, B, C, D Four Models]] Emmast10
GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European and American Personality Female Star Head Eagle [GC047] [A, B, C, D Four Models]] Margot10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, Random Hajile, good to know. : )

and yes, you are right, Diana, there is a similarity, for sure.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I've got quite a few GacToys heads now and they usually get their products out on sale reasonably soon after announcing them, and (dubiously-staged promo material aside) they usually measure up visually (no "fingers-crossed it looks remotely like the promos" in my experience).

The only slight drawback to them is that they tend toward varying degrees of pinkishness, and can be difficult to match with TBLeague bodies. It's subtle, though, to be fair, and if you have any of those 'pinkish' S29s and later S21s and S23s to hand then it's not really a big deal.

As for GAC's 'promo shoots', it looks very much like they just photograph the heads/face plates of each new release and then photoshop them into existing shots, however ineptly and inappropriately. Those same few 'outfits' and poses have appeared countless times now.

So it's true, at least as far as the promos are concerned they really aren't trying.  Neutral

As for this sculpt, it's a good likeness and a nice realistic-looking face on it's own terms, but that smirk is going to be a bit limiting.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The smirk doesn't seem overly pronounced to me. It's just enough to give the head some character, but it's not exaggerated enough to make it difficult to fit into a photoshoot or something .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, the smirk is pretty mild, compared with the usually more exaggerated Harley versions.

RexTachikoma

RexTachikoma
She purty! I mean she is beautiful! The smirk I can live with, just wanted a non-Harley head sculpt. Is this out or coming soon?

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I don't think it's out yet. If you check out the GACTOYS GC042 (Taylor Swift) thread, that one came out relatively fast.

Saturn created the thread last June then a month later posted in-hand pics from BBICN.
Mine arrived mid-August from China.

DJ

DJ
Nice, I am also glad to see a non-Harley paint and hair appearance and all the eBay knockoffs have way too much smile. I ordered A and D.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I can't decide what to get. I'm leaning on B probably because it reminds me of her cameo in "The Big Short".

GacToys - NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS: 1/6 European and American Personality Female Star Head Eagle [GC047] [A, B, C, D Four Models]] Margot10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve been contemplating A, B, & D — though not sure what I’d do with 3 heads with the same face.

Saturn

Saturn
rollotomasi wrote:I don't think it's out yet. If you check out the GACTOYS GC042 (Taylor Swift) thread, that one came out relatively fast.

Saturn created the thread last June then a month later posted in-hand pics from BBICN.
Mine arrived mid-August from China.

This seller promises delivery in January: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003724600399.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum