OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  Empty Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:45 am

Chip

Hope you all had a good Christmas . And Happy new year to you all .

I got a boxed sealed Hasbro Count Dooku , I bid and won him for a very good price . He is an excellent figure straight from the box , the head sculpt alone is one of Hasbro`s best . And his outfit and accessories are all good ....Anyway I couldn`t leave it there , as the hands are well ... They are old school Joe hands with the articulated fingers . My original plan was to just transfer the head over to a DiD body or similar , but I was not prepared to risk that lovely sculpt , and so I put the nude figure back in the box , and ordered this head sculpt which is also superb , and planted it on a DiD body as originally planned . I used some hands from a multi hand set , they are very good , the wrist joint slides right inside making them barley visible . Anyway enough waffle , what do you think ?

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  1-P1140516

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  2-P1140517

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  3-P1140556

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  4-P1140548

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  5-P1140518

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  6-P1140529

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  7-P1140524

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  8-P1140513

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  9-P1140539

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  10-P1140532

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  11-P1140564

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  12-P1140571

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  13-P1140596

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  14-P1140575

2Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  Empty Re: Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
For a moment I thought that was the Hasbro head, and couldn't believe it. But you're right, it is an excellent head, and you've done a great job assembling the figure. I like it a lot. Actually, I might like it more than the real Dooku. Smile The hands look great, although the shortish sleeves exposing the difference between them and the body is a bit distracting. Perhaps you can look into gauntlets?

3Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  Empty Re: Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:34 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great use of the Hasbro outfit. I'm guessing that's the HT knock-off head? Curious what the original Habsro one looked like, as I can't remember....

GF is right that the overly short sleeves are a bit distracting. That's an issue with Hasbro figures in general, they do tend to have weirdly short arms, lol. But It would be a relatively easy fix, with just some black fabric to cover the wrists and create the impression of longer sleeves.

Nicely photographed, overall!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  Empty Re: Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:39 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Agreed. Any black fabric or matte black tape would do the trick, I imagine. It could be rationalized as a long-sleeved undershirt.

5Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  Empty Re: Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:02 pm

Chip

Thanks for the comments , yes it was a little frustrating that the sleeves fell a little short , I can live with it for now , but will see what I can do .

You can google what the original looked like , mine is a little buried now in the not need any time soon corner . Very Happy

6Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  Empty Re: Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:24 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks pretty good. For a Hasbro head it’s really impressive, and your figure turned out nice. (I seriously regret passing on the HT version, just so I could have two screen legends who appeared together so often on the shelf).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  C8485110

7Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  Empty Re: Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:07 am

Ovy

Ovy
I think he has so much more style without that cape. I didn't remember the original costume so I thought the sleeves are intentionally shorter, giving him some Samurai vibes.

8Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  Empty Re: Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:25 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:I didn't remember the original costume so I thought the sleeves are intentionally shorter, giving him some Samurai vibes.

Which would not be totally out of keeping with Star Wars' original source of inspiration, right? I think it has to do with the proportions of the action figure bodies used by Kenner and Hasbro for their 12-inch figures in the late 1990s and early 2000s. For some reason, they had shorter hands -- and/or gauntlets covering up the lower part of the arm.

9Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  Empty Re: Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:57 pm

vikkitx

vikkitx
Nice upgrade! The Hasbro outfit is pretty useful. The Hasbro head was good for the time and for Hasbro, but the head you chose looks so much better. After seeing how good it looks on your figure, I have to resist the temptation to get one to upgrade my Dooku figure.

10Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  Empty Re: Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:11 pm

Chip

vikkitx wrote:Nice upgrade! The Hasbro outfit is pretty useful. The Hasbro head was good for the time and for Hasbro, but the head you chose looks so much better. After seeing how good it looks on your figure, I have to resist the temptation to get one to upgrade my Dooku figure.

It`s a never ending Money munching hobby , every time I get something , I nearly always have to get something to go with it , I got the sculpt quite recently and it was not badly priced ....but I shouldn`t be encouraging you really . Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  1f60a

11Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  Empty Re: Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:13 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Holy cannoli that looks great!

12Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  Empty Re: Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:31 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
wonderful work Chip!

13Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  Empty Re: Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:57 pm

Chip

Cheers all for the further comments . Wink

14Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  Empty Re: Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:52 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Very good, the Dooku hasbro clothes are acceptable with the exception of the sleeves (which funnily enough are also short on hasbro bodies) You could easily replace that part however. Overall, it's a really great upgrade.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Count DooKu Hasbro Upgrade  1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum