OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

shovelchop81

Theboo-bomb wrote:Boba looks almost done, I like the helmet modifications you did and the jetpack repair too.

Thanks for noticing the jetpack repair!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I love it when people make puns, so please don't apologize. But yes, it would be handy, and people can be weird. I could wish I had someone's skill or money or collection or something, but I would never resent him or her for having it in the first place.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

BAMComix

shovelchop81 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Given your skills, I wouldn't be surprised if you are secretly the god Shiva incarnate, and are indeed using multiple sets of arms and hands in perfect coordination. Smile

LOL, I can't deny that would be handy (pun...groan).
Had a weird occurrence on FB today, a friend of my friend unfriended him because he was pissed off at seeing my work on my mates posts! Strange world....

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 HwoDBbK

That is so weird! you would think if he wanted tips he would have friended you, like you said?

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Social Media has honestly pulled out (or is it that it created) the absolute worst in a large chunk of people. Facebook is the cesspool of the worst humanity has to offer, turning everyone into narcissistic jagoffs for Likes. I may be envious of others’ skills, but like Ian, I can never imagine being so jealous as to stoop to “ghosting” or “unfriending”. Learning from others is how you improve; ignoring them is how you stay ignorant.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well said, Mark.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Ah well people are going to be people and we all think differently for better or for worse.

These pics are going to be a bit boring as I've been striving to capture Boba Fett's skin tones and makeup scars from a couple of stills from the current series. This has involved using lots of similar coloured paints and inks applied on their own or mixed to different shades, using a flat wide brush, a super thin '0' brush and sponges etc.. Think I'm ready to do his eyes and eyebrows now.

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 Hf9vbFe

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 W1GX651

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 OPI8jql

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 MZXh2Kp

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 ZYsD9ap

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 PgcKWwy

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 Y8OgMgL

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 70C9aMm

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 E1n88Ni

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 YvNNmdb

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 PiZQYZS

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 GRDCn77

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 T7uzT5L

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think you're about to nail it. Very good match.

BAMComix

BAMComix
I agree with Ian, top work!

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very nice progress, shovelchop! I'm always impressed how bravely you take things apart to build something new. It's really inspiring.  BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 1f44d

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The skin tone looks good. If you can manage it, add a bit of grey to the whites of the eyes, especially as you move toward the edges, and a thin dab of pink at the corners. If not, no worries.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I think you're about to nail it. Very good match.

Cheers GTF but don't jinx it! Wink

BAMComix wrote:I agree with Ian, top work!

Thanks BAM!

Randam Hajile wrote:Very nice progress, shovelchop! I'm always impressed how bravely you take things apart to build something new. It's really inspiring.  BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 1f44d

Cheers Randam! It's more convenience and being tightfisted rather than bravery!

Stryker2011 wrote:The skin tone looks good. If you can manage it, add a bit of grey to the whites of the eyes, especially as you move toward the edges, and a thin dab of pink at the corners. If not, no worries.

I will attempt to tomorrow but I've been at these eyes and eyebrows (plus the odd skin repaint and clear coats etc..) all day and finally think I've got it right except for the sclera as you reminded me, cheers! I always forget the grey to add some 3D to the eyes.

Stressful day as far as painting a model can be.. so not very pale but frustrating is probably a better word. The arched eyebrow look I was going for just refused to work with this sculpt (probably because it's a neutral expression DOH!) but I gave it my best then gave up after (as you'll see below) going through a Mr. Bean look, then a Dr. Evil look and a 'The Rock' look Embarassed Mad
Finally settling on a more neutral look but with the eyes looking up a bit to get some attitude out of him.

Reference pics

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 OPI8jql

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 E1n88Ni

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 3t3WMvN

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 L3ntRX3

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 QuNmYWb

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 FownVcp

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 PAuGZMs

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 U875ul5

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 0uvZBsw

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 Br6aE61

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 WnZtXrm

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 OJ8xC9o

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 YHzUDcj

MORE WHAT I WAS GOING FOR HERE BUT LOOKS DAFT ON THE FIGURE

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 WjwJFsQ

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 Z3FWan3

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 E71oeKj

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 Sf9mXQ4

LOOKS OKAY HERE...

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 LsXOLDL

THEN OOPS...DR. EVIL OR THE ROCK..

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 LdfghVi

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 4xeJfsq

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 JEonG9Y

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 PyN08Uc

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 UxcHwJY

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 8izVtlA

LAST CHANGE AND WHAT I HAVE SETTLED ON AS A COMPROMISE OF AN EXPRESSION FOR HIM BY JUST USING THE EYES, NO CRAZY EYEBROWS! pirat

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 Lj9jtE9

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 ZbyFhro

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 Ba5XhWV

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 GkMmgzx

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 Cq17pvM

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 PCuEYFj

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 W4L5mWA

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 KSSDYas

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 8hStt4N

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 DSUZm3I

IT'S AMAZING HOW 0.001g OF PAINT ON ONE STRAY HAIR OF A TYPE '0' BRUSH CAN RUIN AN EYE PAINTJOB!! affraid

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I completely feel for you painting eyes. Such a pain. The likeness is definitely there, and the softer eyebrows are appropriate for his look. But I think you might want to work on the eyes a little more. Two suggestions:
1. Maybe you did it (or are yet to mess with it) and it just isn't apparent on my screen, but you don't want the white to be really white. When I do the white of the eyes, I mix just a little bit of ivory (or really anything to dirty it up) with it so it is a more natural color. Then, if one can, one could add a tiny spot of very watered-down reddish paint in each corner of the eyes.
2. The left and right pupils+irises are not quite the same size and looking quite in the same direction. One approach that might (might!) make the job easier is to apply the color as a new layer, then chip away the coverage you deem extra with the tip of a needle or something very tiny and sharp.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I completely feel for you painting eyes. Such a pain. The likeness is definitely there, and the softer eyebrows are appropriate for his look. But I think you might want to work on the eyes a little more. Two suggestions:
1. Maybe you did it (or are yet to mess with it) and it just isn't apparent on my screen, but you don't want the white to be really white. When I do the white of the eyes, I mix just a little bit of ivory (or really anything to dirty it up) with it so it is a more natural color. Then, if one can, one could add a tiny spot of very watered-down reddish paint in each corner of the eyes.
2. The left and right pupils+irises are not quite the same size and looking quite in the same direction. One approach that might (might!) make the job easier is to apply the color as a new layer, then chip away the coverage you deem extra with the tip of a needle or something very tiny and sharp.  

All good tips GTF! I was planning in dealing with the sclera today and wasn't sure about the irises being different sizes as I'd been staring at them all day through a bloody magnifying glass! Rolling Eyes  Thought I'd take a fresh look today after a sleep and hope for some feedback from you guys Wink I honestly can't tell which eye is looking a different way (I know technically they both are tongue ) so if one is looking straight ahead, which one isn't? Please let me know, apparently I'm blind! Suspect

Yup I can definitely see the 'googly' eyes in these pics now!! drunken

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I feel your struggles with painting eyes. But I think overall you did a good job, Alex. At this scale it’s easy to get hung up sometimes on the details, especially when doing macro photos, but from normal viewing distance, a lot of this stuff looks fine. I think he looks really good. You have so much material left over to make so many more characters.

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It may be more size than direction, actually. The camera right iris looks a little bit smaller than the camera left iris.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:I feel your struggles with painting eyes. But I think overall you did a good job, Alex. At this scale it’s easy to get hung up sometimes on the details, especially when doing macro photos, but from normal viewing distance, a lot of this stuff looks fine. I think he looks really good. You have so much material left over to make so many more characters.

Cheers Stryker! Yes they have always been my arch nemesis  Mad  Twisted Evil ! The plan is to do plenty more SW builds as per my first post on this thread, I'll probably bounce back and forth between these and LOTR with perhaps the odd Iron Man build too as long as I don't burn out again. If I do I still have plenty of Gundam kits to build as a breather from 1/6.

GubernatorFan wrote:It may be more size than direction, actually. The camera right iris looks a little bit smaller than the camera left iris.

Pretty much what I was thinking too, I'll get on it in a bit Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes pale affraid lol!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Redone the eyes with an even smaller brush I didn't even remember I had! Made him a longer more screen accurate skirt thingy and padded his helmet, started work on his brass belt buckle from what I believe is a flattened out bit of an old school car ariel piece I cut off for a gun project years ago lol!

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 D3PeleJ

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 CHeulbU

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 8TkSwAw

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 TYXjWkh

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 ZbH4os8

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 9Gzn4kG

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 22dr0qQ

I THINK THERE ARE SOME DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THESE ONES BELOW, TOUCHING UP AND ADDED GLOSS ETC...

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 ZxylP71

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 F53SLbU

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 HNglQQR

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 Fu8EElb

SSC CLONE HEADS FOR COMPARISON

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 8JC6RkM

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 Hz1hQ1Q

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 R8On08M

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 S7njSKD

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 0rX6KJs

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 J8bkNI4

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 QG6TXpc

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 E82n4Rb

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 NCTeAH5

HE DOESN'T COME ACROSS AS GRUMPY AS I'D LIKE...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, he can't be grumpy all of the time, Alex! Smile Occasionally he scores and gets paid. Your cool custom would surely help him do precisely that. I have a 0000 brush, and even that is not precise enough for me when working on tiny eyes, especially if the sculpt is squinting; luckily this is not the case here. They are even now. That buckle you are working on will help complete the look.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Well, he can't be grumpy all of the time, Alex! Smile Occasionally he scores and gets paid. Your cool custom would surely help him do precisely that. I have a 0000 brush, and even that is not precise enough for me when working on tiny eyes, especially if the sculpt is squinting; luckily this is not the case here. They are even now. That buckle you are working on will help complete the look.

Very true! In fact I've found more reference pics of him looking relaxed etc.. in the show but still think his eyes need to be a tad smaller.

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 EZUZsx7

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 7W08l9g

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 RX7hDLO

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 5yPJsES

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 OISQkUC

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 NJLQZYu

Okay this is from the set not filming but like the pic with Danny!

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 2CrTEnD

Some mods done but mostly painting his armour and equipment.

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 OBXDq1y

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 JPDPQUY

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 P6PGOoM

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 Vy9ccZp

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 CegPGzT

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 QmaXgkK

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 EJgo9Y3

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 V67G1Bz

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 BP0fmQR

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 JW9pWdT

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 4r6uxSO

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 SLDcbU5

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 34oI9YJ

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 VzJKpr0

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 DtiRYPI

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 4iNRB3W

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 ZfvbwWH

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 Ej1YAvr

RED AND YELLOW NEXT, THEN DETAILING AND WEATHERING ETC..

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
With Danny and a Rancor head. Can anything be cooler than that? Smile Yes, ideally, the eyes can be smaller, although that would be even harder to paint. It occurs to me that maybe (maybe!) more dark lining on the inside edge of the eyeball may help (perhaps with a very sharpened pencil), reducing the area of the white, although that would also define the eye more, which might produce the opposite effect -- I'm just not sure. Nice work on the armor and jetpack.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:With Danny and a Rancor head. Can anything be cooler than that? Smile Yes, ideally, the eyes can be smaller, although that would be even harder to paint. It occurs to me that maybe (maybe!) more dark lining on the inside edge of the eyeball may help (perhaps with a very sharpened pencil), reducing the area of the white, although that would also define the eye more, which might produce the opposite effect -- I'm just not sure. Nice work on the armor and jetpack.

I'm going to try lifting up the lower lids slightly and bringing down the top ones a smidge at angle, should fix it hopefully! What a Face Shocked

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't envy you the frustration and effort, but you are never one to shirk from a challenge. Speaking of which... How about you try to make a sixth-scale Rancor? Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I don't envy you the frustration and effort, but you are never one to shirk from a challenge. Speaking of which... How about you try to make a sixth-scale Rancor? Smile

I think it would be a bit too big!!!! Very Happy (I do have the 3&3/4 scale one). Although you have thinking now...Just the head and shoulders would make brilliant diorama with Boba riding it like one of those giant sand/spice worms in Dune!! I mean Lucas took so much inspiration from that book and the first film as it is to create Tatooine and other parts of the SW universe, that this would look right at home. We haven't actually seen him ride it yet and with only one episode to go and it being so young we may not but who cares? It would look cool as hell on display!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
He looks great, eyes are my greatest weakness which is why I generally try to keep them as is but it's not always possible.

One thing that I tried recently since I had to paint some eyes was to use a pastry chef technique that I learned at 1 am from a pastry video on youtube (no clue how I got there) and it is to pinch your tongue with your teeth and hold your breath, for me it worked good enough and I hope to show that soon.... tusken raider's take time to put together.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures!  BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
There’s a guy over at the Freaks who actually did make his one 1/6 Rancor, and it’s amazing — but, yes, pretty huge, and bigger than the one Sideshow claimed was 1/6, but is actually closer to 1/7th.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Theboo-bomb wrote:He looks great, eyes are my greatest weakness which is why I generally try to keep them as is but it's not always possible.

One thing that I tried recently since I had to paint some eyes was to use a pastry chef technique that I learned at 1 am from a pastry video on youtube (no clue how I got there) and it is to pinch your tongue with your teeth and hold your breath, for me it worked good enough and I hope to show that soon.... tusken raider's take time to put together.

Well I do a lot of target shooting so controlling my breathing is 2nd nature to me but that is an interesting technique you've come across there!LOL, funnily enough a lot of people do that anyway subconsciously whilst concentrating (a child drawing for example often does it, probably an inherited survival trait to keep us quiet while hunting or stalking prey, perhaps even hiding?) and has to be trained out of new shooters lest they bite their tongues off due to recoil!!

Stryker2011 wrote:There’s a guy over at the Freaks who actually did make his one 1/6 Rancor, and it’s amazing — but, yes, pretty huge, and bigger than the one Sideshow claimed was 1/6, but is actually closer to 1/7th.

Never saw that, great achievement so must have a look if it's still there after all that SSC BS that got the owner to remove the entire customs section of the forum Mad Rolling Eyes

Redone the eyelids and the eyes, need pupils and gloss again still. Painted all the red and yellow/orange armour, added silver and weathering is placed as exact as I could from new reference pics. Decided to build his screen accurate blaster, pain in the neck! Very fiddly with tiny parts and super glue...Twisted Evil Redid the brown on his gators and need to do the tips of his gloves, some details I missed on his clothing have been brought to light with HT's new 1/4 scale figure pics (AARGH!) that I might address.

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 9t4Yh8r

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 YadkNyE

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 ZeFBXQr

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 QV0DdgH

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 JvmJEVG

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 K8ZHEXW

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 PfVY7oU

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 RfjRuMX

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 A74rYfz

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 0JzxYTu

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 D58KF5d

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 MKdX0GG

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 3gSemyS

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 O48m9W9

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 0wDWNkL

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 M4kMV9t

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 R26Mgd3

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 HeWdBPF

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 5pLPcaY

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 BKEYtz9

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 R2gSMcD

NOT FINISHED!!

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 ERW4rhe

WEATHERING REFERENCES (when you zoom in lol)

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 RqqXlvR

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 36BS2GP

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 V1pEwuf

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 Edg84Gc

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 ZPnI4ng

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 JsDWnIU

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 II7ihcs

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 ZqoFSzq

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 OnJrQr2

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 12e9Vdv

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 K3U1eMw

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 MS3Wl2y

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 YGnWiFg

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 2YazXtL

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 4Aj0RhA

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 Pqf0sOe

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 NPpNZLZ

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 QcfU2y0

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 MgyGuzF

ARROWS SHOULD BE RED AND BLUE, MY BAD..

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 BQn3I1n

BOBF Boba Fett Finished Custom Figure/ BOUNTY HUNTERS: STAR WARS SCUM AND VILLAINY BUILD THREAD  - Page 3 LfPfOVB

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Coming along very nicely. Love the worn metal/weathering.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Coming along very nicely. Love the worn metal/weathering.

Cheers GTF! Super tame weathering by my normal standards but he has just repainted his armour recently and I put the scrapes and scratches where they are shown in the pics. I plan to do some sand weathering using super fine sand mixed with heavily diluted PVA to 'paint' into all the cracks and crevices as we all know that it gets everywhere! Wink Should make him look more realistic too.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh, I realize you're not quite done, but still looking very nice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum