OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emulating Kenna Roswell from the Mattel Wild Hearts Crew

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

davidd

davidd
Did I ever show you my attempt to emulate the Mattel Wild Hearts Crew Kenna Roswell playline doll character in TBLeague / Phicen form?

Emulating Kenna Roswell from the Mattel Wild Hearts Crew  51882728688_47787626f2_z

Body: TBLeague S37
Head: YMToys YMT040A
Costume: stock Wild Hearts Crew Kenna Roswell outfit
Beret: eBay 1/6 scale military beret
Shoes: eBay 1/6 scale sneakers
Camera: vintage Ideal Toys Tammy Doll camera

Other than the hat and shoes, the stock Wild Hearts Crew playline clothing fits reasonably well on a TBLeague S37 "anime" body. Finding a head sculpt that resembled the Kenna figure presented a bit of a challenge, but the YMT040 head works pretty well in capturing the general look of the face as well as the hair color.

An earlier attempt utilized a Fire Girl head sculpt (FG071D, I believe). It was close, but not quite:

Emulating Kenna Roswell from the Mattel Wild Hearts Crew  Kennaz4

Similar to what I did with the Mattel Wild Hearts Crew doll, I was able to use most of the original stock from an MGAE Bratz Holiday Jade doll on a TBLeague S27B body to copy a Bratz character in TBLeague / Phicen format:

Emulating Kenna Roswell from the Mattel Wild Hearts Crew  50910497686_442766d4b6_z

Again, I had to turn to eBay to find shoes and a hat. A TBLeague S35 head fit both the body and the character.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s pretty cute. Look like decent interpretations of both figures. And it’s nice that the clothes fit (aside from shoes and hats.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Emulating Kenna Roswell from the Mattel Wild Hearts Crew  C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
Looking good Dave! they do work really well, and interesting to see that certain items of their clothing fit certain phicens too.

Diana

Diana
I never even considered that their clothes might fit a TBLeague body. Laughing

Great project and beautiful results! I love the process of transferring a character from one style to another while preserving their essence. You get to know them really well. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Cute idea and execution! At least those anime bodies are useful for certain types of doll clothing... : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's very neat to translate such characters into more realistic ones, and I'm delighted so much of the clothing fit. While I'm not familiar with or attached to the source figures (or characters) and style, I don't know if the new heads are particularly good "translations," some of which is surely due to the relative dearth of south-European and Latina female realistic heads. (There are some of Jessica Alba and at least one of Michelle Rodriguez, but I can't think of any others right now.)

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's some great work, it's always cool to see these big headed characters translated to more realistic proportions.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Emulating Kenna Roswell from the Mattel Wild Hearts Crew  1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum