OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wild Boy in Ireland 3

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:39 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Hej there, have been on a trip to Sweden the last two weeks, walking a small part (ca. 130km) of Southern Kungsleden, a trail in Middle Sweden. I was barely seeing any humans for days while the scenery kept becoming more impressive.

An adult  1/6 Figure would have taken away too much space in the backpack, but the 1/6 Boy was perfect.

Here pics from the end of the first Day, will add other ones later.

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 046

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 A01

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 A02

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 A03

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 A04

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 A04b

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 A05

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 A06

In the bag you can see mountains of the Helagsfjäll.
Wild Boy in Ireland 3 00

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 IMG-20210827-201441

But The Boy was enjoying the sun going down.
Wild Boy in Ireland 3 01

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 01a

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 01b

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 02

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 03

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 IMG-20210827-204123

2Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:59 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very impressive shots and a nicely bashed figure. Perfect!

3Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:54 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Amazing pics! that scenery is just incredible!

4Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:45 am

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
That third last photo is incredible! <3

5Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:39 am

Diana

Diana
BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you. Smile

6Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:15 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
You already know how much I love these and how envious I am of your trip, but I'll say it again.... spectacular photos, my friend! Wild Boy in Ireland 3 1f49c

It would have indeed been ideal to have your full Forest people line-up, but forest boy is so charming on his own and works so well with the landscape. All the photos are brilliant, though I agree with Lynkhart that that sunset pic is particularly sublime.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:30 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
I, like many others am envious of these vast and mesmerizing landscapes you get to explore. The various mountain sunset glare shots are especially effective and captured perfectly. The angles and colors remind me of one of my favorite video games of all time, Shadow of the Colossus. Some screenshots from the PS4 Remake:

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 05389910
Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Ee3e3710
Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Shadow11

For much of its entirety you are the only character in a sprawling but desolate forbidden kingdom; it really sells the atmosphere and feelings of isolation, which can sometimes be very tranquil and much-needed self therapy.

Also, as Sky said it would have been grand to see more of your tribe together on some kind of fellowship-esque journey, but there is something more captivating about a lonesome Young Buck faced against a massive landscape of possibilities. It's a big world out there, little guy. I'm sure he's ready for it, though.

8Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:33 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy, we were slightly worried about you, glad to see you safely back from the wilds of the Northlands. And the idea of taking Wild Boy along with you was brilliant, because, as others have already said, these shots are just perfect, in every way.
Welcome back and thanks for sharing.

9Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:29 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Gorgeous shots. The scenery, the figure, the setting sun — just magnificent. Glad to see you back.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C8485110

10Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:59 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Teh next morning, less than 10km South, below the timberline.

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 B01

Reminds me of a little Shaolin.
Wild Boy in Ireland 3 B02

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 B04

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 B06

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 B10

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 B07

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 B03

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 B08

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 B05

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 B09

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 B11

I didn't brign him down to the waterfall, too steep.

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 B12

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 B13

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 B14

Randam Hajile wrote:Very impressive shots and a nicely bashed figure. Perfect!
Thanks a lot!

BAMComix wrote:Amazing pics! that scenery is just incredible!
Thank you sir!

Lynkhart wrote:That third last photo is incredible! <3
Thanks, yes that is also one of my favourites.

Diana wrote:BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you. Smile
Thank you too!

skywalkersaga wrote:You already know how much I love these and how envious I am of your trip, but I'll say it again.... spectacular photos, my friend!  Wild Boy in Ireland 3 1f49c

It would have indeed been ideal to have your full Forest people line-up, but forest boy is so charming on his own and works so well with the landscape. All the photos are brilliant, though I agree with Lynkhart that that sunset pic is particularly sublime.
Thanks a lot! Yes, this would be a dream, but not possible with ultra light hiking. The plastic figures might make sense, they are not that heavy, but carrying a tbleauge Keanu for dozens of miles wouldn't make much sense. Maybe if I get a Hotel or a flight or something. But there will be fellowship pics in the forest nearby some day.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:I, like many others am envious of these vast and mesmerizing landscapes you get to explore. The various mountain sunset glare shots are especially effective and captured perfectly. The angles and colors remind me of one of my favorite video games of all time, Shadow of the Colossus. Some screenshots from the PS4 Remake:

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 05389910
Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Ee3e3710
Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Shadow11

For much of its entirety you are the only character in a sprawling but desolate forbidden kingdom; it really sells the atmosphere and feelings of isolation, which can sometimes be very tranquil and much-needed self therapy.

Also, as Sky said it would have been grand to see more of your tribe together on some kind of fellowship-esque journey, but there is something more captivating about a lonesome Young Buck faced against a massive landscape of possibilities. It's a big world out there, little guy. I'm sure he's ready for it, though.
Thanks a lot sir!

Yes, video games, especially these open worldish ones, really can immerse us with gorgeous wide landscapes, combined with good ambient sound, music and atmosphere, triggering something primeval within us, I guess. I was also often distracted by sidequests, exploring a lake or a lonely hut. Sometimes there was loot. Razz

GubernatorFan wrote:Ovy, we were slightly worried about you, glad to see you safely back from the wilds of the Northlands. And the idea of taking Wild Boy along with you was brilliant, because, as others have already said, these shots are just perfect, in every way.
Welcome back and thanks for sharing.
Thanks a lot, also for the concern. I planned to do something like this in 2020 in Norway with my grey Forest Dude originally.

Didn't had the feeling I was away that long?

Stryker2011 wrote:Gorgeous shots. The scenery, the figure, the setting sun — just magnificent. Glad to see you back.
Thanks a lot, glad you took your time to look at them.

11Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:30 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great new photos. I can see what you mean by Shaolin, and I agree. Also, thankful that you kept him safely away from that waterfall. The natural setting is absolutely perfect.

12Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:27 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooh, beautiful new pics! I am once again envious of your little forest boy.... wish I could be near that waterfall! :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

13Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:36 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Great new images! They are a feast for the eyes. Please let them keep coming! Smile

14Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:01 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Some really beautiful scenery, I too would have been lost from the forums if I had a place like that. It's really cool how your boy works so well with nature, really great work as always Ovy.

Now I wish I had open fields like that, closest thing is the parking lot from the local supermarket.  Wild Boy in Ireland 3 1f606

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Wild Boy in Ireland 3 1f60e

15Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:22 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Fantastic!
I’m speechless!

16Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:30 am

Ovy

Ovy
The same day, but 7 hours later. On the far left you can see Norway, was walking near the border a lot of the time.

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C03

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C01b

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C04

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C05

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C017

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C016

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C06

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C07

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C08

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C09

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C10

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C011

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C12

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C13

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C14

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C15

GubernatorFan wrote:Great new photos. I can see what you mean by Shaolin, and I agree. Also, thankful that you kept him safely away from that waterfall. The natural setting is absolutely perfect.
Thanks a lot. I was carrying him in a ziploc plastic bag, like most of the stuff so nothing gets lost in the backpack. The hands fall of relatively easily. I also didn't bring his little charms, the knife or the mask (No one is wearing masks in Swedenanyway)

skywalkersaga wrote:Ooh, beautiful new pics! I am once again envious of your little forest boy.... wish I could be near that waterfall! :')
Thanks a lot, yeah I wish I was there too haha.

Randam Hajile wrote:Great new images! They are a feast for the eyes. Please let them keep coming! Smile  
Thanks a lot, more are coming, enjoy!

Theboo-bomb wrote:Some really beautiful scenery, I too would have been lost from the forums if I had a place like that. It's really cool how your boy works so well with nature, really great work as always Ovy.

Now I wish I had open fields like that, closest thing is the parking lot from the local supermarket.  Wild Boy in Ireland 3 1f606
Haha, well you have the sea around you!  And probably some beach that is not overcrowded? Thanks.

Pontiacivan wrote:Fantastic!
I’m speechless!
Thanks a lot, you don't have to talk!

17Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Perhaps it was wise not to venture into Norway. Who knows what dark primeval post-apocalyptic Norse terrors lurk across those mountains? Smile

18Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:47 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
My hats off to you Ovy for sharing our amazing creation and the stunning outdoor shots !
I also love the face paint !!
Looks like Wild boy's having a ton of fun chilling in the great outdoors !

19Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:26 pm

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Perhaps it was wise not to venture into Norway. Who knows what dark primeval post-apocalyptic Norse terrors lurk across those mountains? Smile

Well, I actually took a short detour later, the border is a long and narrow strip of treeless land seperating each countries forest. Laughing  
Wild Boy in Ireland 3 IMG-20210830-163411

Allotropos wrote:My hats off to you Ovy for sharing our amazing creation and the stunning outdoor shots !
I also love the face paint !!
Looks like Wild boy's having a ton of fun chilling in the great outdoors !
Thanks a lot sir! He had a lot of fun to be sure, he didn't even have to walk. Very Happy

Before we get to my favourite area, here some hilltop pics.

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 E01

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 E02

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 E03

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 E04

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 E05

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 E06

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 E07

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 E08

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 IMG-20210829-151158

And as promised

SUPER MEGA DINOSAURS AND DRAGONS (from before I started actually)

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 D01

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 D02

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 D03

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 D04

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 D05

20Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:05 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL With the face tatoo it looks like he was yearning after the horizon and crying that you would not take him there.
The mega dinosaurs are at last possibly larger than they ever were! Totally fun. Thanks for sharing.

21Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:18 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Another great series of pictures! I really enjoy looking at these impressive landscapes and your little figure in it. Thanks for sharing them with us!

22Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:00 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
I like the last one. Wild Boy wouldn't have to worry about it waking up. He is so small that he isn't even snack-sized. Wink

23Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:00 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Those pics are amazing!

24Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:29 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some really nice shots and lovely scenery. The river and the waterfall are some of my favorites. I like the shots close to the border of Norway where the Wild Boy is just lying there looking up at the sky. Very cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Wild Boy in Ireland 3 C8485110

25Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Empty Re: Wild Boy in Ireland 3 Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:00 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
What a fun little area to do a photoshoot with smaller-sized characters. Makes me think of Smaug in The Hobbit films. And...is that a giant centipede and mushrooms in the background, as well? Those could be really fun too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum