OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Post

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Hello Post Empty Hello Post Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:43 am

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
I cannot recall if I've posted at this forum before, but it seems very lively, so I thought maybe I should start.
Just some stuff I've posted at AMMO and MWD.

My street diorama. Needs leaves.
Hello Post 20220410
Admiring the iron horse. The friend he is based on, Nathan, doesn't own a motorcycle, but loves knights.
Hello Post 20210111
Part of an unrealized project.
Hello Post 20210110
Brooke and Ava.
Hello Post 20220412
Lewis, Milo, and Liam.
Hello Post 20220310
Bogdan.
Hello Post 20220111
Hello Post 20220110
Family time with Ava, Dimitri, and the little one.
Hello Post 20220112
Friendship is when your friend buys you a mini arcade and you should appreciations, by having his and your doll with an arcade.
Hello Post 20220113
Family matters.
Hello Post 20220311
Not as soft as a puppy, but still cute.
Hello Post 20220312
Nadine takes a break.
Hello Post 20210510
Yuri makes and acquaintance.
Hello Post 16201810
Inside the zone, the figure isn't the most detailed, but I liked the photo.
Hello Post 15956610
Barbie doll named Tess on the most complicated sofa I've finished to date.
Hello Post 20220414

2Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:16 am

Chip

Nice to see you posting here Sarah . Wink

3Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:01 pm

davidd

davidd
Hi Sarahdactyl!

(aka_davidd from MWD, SCU-HQ from AMMO, The_Dolly_Dungeon from Insta)

Love the upholstered sofas, particularly the colorful one with the 1970s vibe in the Barbie pic! Do you sew the seams on the cushions, or use glue?

4Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:06 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for sharing these looks at your beautiful work, Sarah. Everything you made, from dioramas to furniture, to kitbashed characters, looks excellent. Love the realism. I like the choice of either ordinary or grittier, flawed characters, and your sense of humor.

5Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:46 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Hello and welcome! Nice ensemble of figures.

My favourite pic is the black and white one, especially the guy on the left smirking. They look like some Not So Good Fellas.

Nadine taking a break on the couch looks like she is seeing the therapist because of her constant paranoia caused by the dangerous lifestyle her husband/brother/father/cousin/etc lead. Or maybe the beer and the phone on the table are her therapist.

The Zone, like Chernobyl?

Great job on that complicated sofa.

6Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:37 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hello and welcome, Sarah. Glad you decided to post. Some really nice photos. Love the moss between the bricks on your wall. That couch is something else and looks really well made, I’m curious where you got those little dinosaurs from JP2.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hello Post C8485110

7Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:44 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Welcome to the board!
These are great diorama pieces and interesting characters.Hello Post 1f44d

8Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:31 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed hello and welcome aboard, Sarah! Great looking figures and diorama sets.

(Baddog 787 from MWD)

9Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:27 pm

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
Chip wrote:Nice to see you posting here Sarah . Wink
Hi Chip! Nice to be here. 😊

davidd wrote:Hi Sarahdactyl!

(aka_davidd from MWD, SCU-HQ from AMMO, The_Dolly_Dungeon from Insta)

Love the upholstered sofas, particularly the colorful one with the 1970s vibe in the Barbie pic! Do you sew the seams on the cushions, or use glue?

Hey Dave, yeah it was a bit of a pain getting the pattern to line up. Sometimes these prints on thin cotton are not actually as consistent as they seem at first glance. A variance which would be forgivable in 1:1 scale is more noticeable in 1:6. It's been a while since working on sofas but I have another like that which I need to get back to. Along with more retro inspired fabric.

GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for sharing these looks at your beautiful work, Sarah. Everything you made, from dioramas to furniture, to kitbashed characters, looks excellent. Love the realism. I like the choice of either ordinary or grittier, flawed characters, and your sense of humor.

Hi GubernatorFan, thank you for the remarks. Most of these characters, which I casually refer to as my third generation, albeit not totally accurate are part of a little world I've come up with. Some based on actual friends and family members, others just characters I've come up with.

Ovy wrote:Hello and welcome! Nice ensemble of figures.

My favourite pic is the black and white one, especially the guy on the left smirking. They look like some Not So Good Fellas.

Nadine taking a break on the couch looks like she is seeing the therapist because of her constant paranoia caused by the dangerous lifestyle her husband/brother/father/cousin/etc lead. Or maybe the beer and the phone on the table are her therapist.

The Zone, like Chernobyl?

Great job on that complicated sofa.

Hi Ovy, thank you.

I quite like the gritty effect of black and white on these figures. That is sort of the vibe, I need to make some dedicated posts sharing who everyone is.

Nadine, I just imagine to be a bit of a piece of work. Haha. But I quite like how she has turned out so far.

A bit like that yes. I based it on the Mercenaries in STALKER which is set in Chornobyl.

Stryker2011 wrote:Hello and welcome, Sarah. Glad you decided to post. Some really nice photos. Love the moss between the bricks on your wall. That couch is something else and looks really well made, I’m curious where you got those little dinosaurs from JP2.

Hi Stryker2011, thank you. The moss was a fun touch, I contemplated using it on my indoor bricks but decided against it.
The dinosaurs are a knock off of Papo brand I think. You can occasionally find them on ebay or wish.

Randam Hajile wrote:Welcome to the board!
These are great diorama pieces and interesting characters.Hello Post 1f44d

Hi Randam Hajile, thank you, I'm glad you like them. More to come soon I hope.

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Indeed hello and welcome aboard, Sarah! Great looking figures and diorama sets.

(Baddog 787 from MWD)

Hey BadWolf-Dog!🐶🐺 Good to see you here!

10Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:09 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
So great to see you over here! Tons of absolutely killer dio pics. I absolutely love the 60's/70's couch, and the rain effect you used in a couple of these shots is really cool. The dinosaurs getting into the fast food cracked me up, and like Stryker said, the moss between the bricks is such a nice detail. Welcome on, and look forward to future posts!

11Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:22 am

Diana

Diana
Welcome Sarah! Very Happy
You got a great collection there! I also appreciate the moss in the cracks, and that photo with the dinosaurs is adorable! May favorite is definitely "Family matters." though. Great postures speak volumes. Smile

12Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:07 am

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
ReverendSpooky wrote:So great to see you over here!  Tons of absolutely killer dio pics.  I absolutely love the 60's/70's couch, and the rain effect you used in a couple of these shots is really cool.  The dinosaurs getting into the fast food cracked me up, and like Stryker said, the moss between the bricks is such a nice detail.  Welcome on, and look forward to future posts!

Hey Reverend Spooky! Happy to be here!

I have to get back to this style couch, it was my favourite so far.
Rain is from a free app I have called Lens Distortion.
Thank you all around!

Diana wrote:Welcome Sarah! Very Happy
You got a great collection there! I also appreciate the moss in the cracks, and that photo with the dinosaurs is adorable! May favorite is definitely "Family matters." though. Great postures speak volumes. Smile

Hi Diana, thank you. I appreciate the kind words!

13Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:22 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Welcome to OSF Sarah! I think you'll like it here bounce bounce

14Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:12 am

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
BAMComix wrote:Welcome to OSF Sarah! I think you'll like it here bounce bounce

Hi Dal! I hope so, it seems quite busy.

15Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:28 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Sarahdactyl wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy You'll fit right in, and I'm positive the folks will enjoy all your characters, sets and stories too bounce bounce

16Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:12 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hello and welcome! I have to concur with others....all the pics , figures, and dioramas are excellent, but that 70s style sofa is just awesome!!!  Hello Post 1f600

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

17Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:15 pm

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
BAMComix wrote:
Sarahdactyl wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  You'll fit right in, and I'm positive the folks will enjoy all your characters, sets and stories too bounce bounce

I hope so Dal!

skywalkersaga wrote:Hello and welcome! I have to concur with others....all the pics , figures, and dioramas are excellent, but that 70s style sofa is just awesome!!!  Hello Post 1f600

Thank you, I think I got some other similar patter fabric. I plan to do a set. Perhaps another sofa and some arm chairs.

18Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:25 am

blackpool

blackpool
Hello! and thanks for sharing these nice dioramas, those brick walls are really nicely made, and as others have pointed, that 70's sofa is utterly cool!

19Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:41 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Welcome aboard, those are some great photos, and neat little scenes.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Hello Post 1f60e

20Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:22 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Welcome to the herd, Sarah. Great photographie style and figures. Man ! The little machine the girl is playing with in pic number 8. Laughing . I remember i had one of these. You can made a picture by using the two buttons for to paint vertical and horizotal lines. No playstation, no gameboy.... Laughing Every half an hour i was runnig to my mommy and shout " Look Mom, i did a new picture "

21Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:00 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Hello and welcome! What an exciting portfolio you have there! Cool scenes, poses and dioramas.

22Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:56 pm

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
blackpool wrote:Hello! and thanks for sharing these nice dioramas, those brick walls are really nicely made, and as others have pointed, that 70's sofa is utterly cool!

Thank you Blackpool, the bricks are a sort of ongoing thing. I've never been as satisfied with the colouring as the first bricks I made that aren't pcitures. Thank you, I do like that sofa. I did intent to put it on etsy but never got around to it.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Welcome aboard, those are some great photos, and neat little scenes.

Thank you Theboo-bomb!

Ephiane wrote:Welcome to the herd, Sarah. Great photographie style and figures. Man ! The little machine the girl is playing with in pic number 8. Laughing . I remember i had one of these. You can made a picture by using the two buttons for to paint vertical and horizotal lines. No playstation, no gameboy.... Laughing  Every half an hour i was runnig to my mommy and shout " Look Mom, i did a new picture "

Thank you Ephiane! Yes that little doll is cute, she has not yet been named and as a result is called avocado doll after her costume. I know some people in the hobby don't like Barbie or find them unrealistic, however for the price, I think the Barbie children are good and in good proportions.

Valiarde wrote:Hello and welcome! What an exciting portfolio you have there! Cool scenes, poses and dioramas.

Hi Valiarde, thank you very much!

23Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Tue May 10, 2022 4:00 am

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
Yuri, November 2020.

Hello Post 20201110
Hello Post 20201111

24Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Tue May 10, 2022 6:12 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking character Sarah!

25Hello Post Empty Re: Hello Post Tue May 10, 2022 1:58 pm

Illusion

Illusion
hi there
excellent figures and pics! awesome job on the sofa(s), even though they are not my preferred colour Smile !!

esp. like Milo I love you (if he is the one in the middle), my favourite pics are those with the rain effect.

looking forward to your further contributions!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum