OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BLACKSAD - John Blacksad

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:49 am

blackpool

blackpool
Well, most of you won't be familiar with the character tho I could be happily surprised, it's coming from a european comic book, designed by a former Disney artist Juanjo Guarnido.The artist kept the expressive animal society from his disney years but created darker, more adult, serious stories.

His main character is John Blacksad, a lonely black cat working as private investigator in the 50's.

BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Juanjo-guarnido-affiche-art-poster-bd-deco-illustration-blacksad-new-york-petit

Here is the custom figure I just received, it's made by Toyman Zhao, the quality is exquisite, the details are all very nicely executed, the weapon is metal and wood, crafted by MetalJon. The tailoring is very impressive as well!

Hope you'll like

BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Blacks11

BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Blacks10

BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Blacks13

BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Blacks12

2BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:17 am

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Wow, that is a fantastic custom. That must have been expensive

3BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:41 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is awesome. I’m actually familiar with this comic (in a more peripheral sense). The expressive head sculpts are pretty cool. Looks like an awesome figure, and your photos as usual do him justice. Congrats, Alex.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

BLACKSAD - John Blacksad C8485110

4BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:52 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very unique figure, I love the expression on the face with the cigarette. Not familar with the source material but your photography (lighting, posing, composition) as always is top notch.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:50 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Wow, what a cool character! I'm only superficially familiar with Blacksad due to the recent computer game, but your figure looks like a near perfect rendition of the character. The heads with different expression are also extremely cool!

Out of curiosity: Is the background a simple printed backdrop or does it possess some 3D-geometry? I'm amazed how well the shadowing of the figure matches the brickwork shading, despite being clearly printed.

6BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:19 am

Chip

What a brilliant figure , Had no idea about his existence , but he looks really cool . First he made laugh , but looking at all the work that must have gone into hi creation , made me look at him more seriously . The different expressions are fab . Think I will be back to look at him again .

7BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:52 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
So cool!

8BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:00 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, the figure is absolutely stunning. So much character in both sculpts and beautifully tailored outfit. Your photos are, as always, incredible. So cinematic, they so perfectly capture the character, and have a ton of atmosphere. I want to see an entire comic of your photos with him.

9BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:24 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Very cool!

10BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:51 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
From the title I thought this was going to be a detective, I guessed right. I sadly don't know much about the source material but that artwork is beautiful. The figure is fantastic, the outfit and the head really capture the look on that image.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! BLACKSAD - John Blacksad 1f60e

11BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:54 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful and kinda cute, that's the perfect way to make expression sculpts with wide ranges, one angry/serious/neutral and another one smiling/neutral/universal . Always likes those figures that combine stylized bodies and heads with realistic clothing and items.
Multiple people recommended Blacksad to me several times and I had a basic idea of the style, atmosphere and feel, although I never read it. But always thought the character's look is incredibly iconic with the choice of colours and form.

12BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:53 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I love this! Very, VERY cool figure. Now I want to check out the source material which is what a great figure does.

13BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:11 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting character, outside my usual area of interest, but certainly very cool. The more laid-back expression works better for me, but beautifully put together and shot.

14BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:50 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
That's so cool! And your photography really brings him to life.

15BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:50 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks for showing. I watched a lot of artwork of this character now. And there´s a Game on steam too. i Love the Idea of Animals in the role of humans. Hope they do more of this comic characters. A wish of mine was ever to see Headsculpts with different facial expressions.

16BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:19 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Never heared of Blacksad before, so thanks for providing the context. 

Very unique figure and cool images! Quiet something else.

17BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Empty Re: BLACKSAD - John Blacksad Thu May 12, 2022 12:06 pm

Illusion

Illusion
somehow this rings a very distant bell...

it's an absolutely awesome figure! The heads are spot on and really that expressive and impressive.

Congratulations for this choice/acquisition. Hope you will have fun with him and create some stories.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum