OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

FreakinLobster

Woah, this figure seems really cool. There's a lot of interesting stuff in it, accessories and clothing wise.

Now I can't agree more with a craving for classic Lara outfits. Why isn't there any company making them?  SuperDuck, for example, isn't shy from both sexy and famous videogame characters.

There's a market for all versions of Lara, but let's be honest: the classic Lara is original, nostalgic, way more iconic and instantly recognizable. Most fans of classic Lara are now adults with the money to spend on figures that trigger their nostalgic feelings and way more faithful to the character than the reboot one.
A perfect recipe for... a collectible. That's why I genuinely don't understand why is there almost nothing related to classic Lara in 1/6 scale.

Xavion2004

I would buy several Lara’s including the classic version if the quality is there.  I don’t mind getting this version first, though. It’s a nice departure from the usual fare, and so is the price.

FreakinLobster

Speaking of classic Lara, this orange jacket can be used to make one of her outfits from Tomb Raider 3.

NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 2 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2Faa%2F81%2F2d%2Faa812de492deb5c4df7b907b0f6b62c5

Now I'm tempted to get this jacket loose to build that outfit, specially after seeing a pair of 1/6 trousers exactly like that one.

blackpool

very cool and promising! If not to have a very adventurous and geared up Lara Croft, that's a lot of kitbash potential!

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I received my invoice from Giantoy.   I’m not all that excited, to be honest.   I probably should have cancelled it, but I thought my interest in 1/6 might cycle back around by the time she was released   No such luck.

It doesn’t help that money has been flying out the window this month.  By the time we get to Christmas, we’ll have been through my son’s wedding, two cataract surgeries, a root canal, a $1,000 deductible on an auto insurance claim, and our dog getting spayed in the span of 45 days.  Add in the usual Holiday expenses on top of that, and the last thing I feel like doing right now is spending $150 on a figure.   I’m waiting for in hand pics before making my final decision, because she’s going to have to look REALLY good for me to pull the trigger.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I POd this too, but only because MT said they would do “classic” Lara if this one sold well. I honestly don’t have much use for these “watered down” versions of characters so as to not piss off the extremes (and the most worthless) who are the most vocal on social media. It comes with some nice accessories, so hopefully when they make classic Lara, I can just add some stuff to that version. No idea if I’ll keep everything from this…

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 2 C8485110

Illusion

Illusion
This is first and only game I have played to the end . (I have not played many at all.) So I have some special relation to this character and I like this version.
I am really looking forward to getting her and hope she will be of decent quality and have a good enough HS.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, I POd this too, but only because MT said they would do “classic” Lara if this one sold well. I honestly don’t have much use for these “watered down” versions of characters so as to not piss off the extremes (and the most worthless) who are the most vocal on social media. It comes with some nice accessories, so hopefully when they make classic Lara, I can just add some stuff to that version. No idea if I’ll keep everything from this…

Wait, really? Is classic Lara a possibility? Oh man, please let that be true. I may have to get multiple copies, depending on how she'll come up, IF she comes up.

As for this figure, it has some pretty cool accessories, but I'm only interested on the orange puff jacket for TR3 Lara outfit.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I guess I’m going to be forking over that $150 after all.

NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 2 68038110

Video unboxing and review:

Lara Unboxing and Review

csyeung

csyeung
I'm actually excited for this figure as I don't have a Lara yet, well except for the statue I got many years ago. I enjoyed the gameplay in the new ones even though the story felt thin. I've been trying to buy pieces to kitbash but never won so this saves me time heh. Looks good in unboxing to me.

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks for sharing the video!
mine should be on its way to me
it was probably a good decision to change the little strand of hair that fell into her face on the promos. I found it kind of cute (though a bit massive) but as it can‘t be changed with the sculpted hair, it is probably better to have an unobstructed view at her face.

Valiarde

Valiarde
She looks really good imo! Cool head and the figure itself is an easy winner for outdoor shots etc. Poseable, nice jacket etc. I like it.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Xavion2004 wrote:I’m waiting for in hand pics before making my final decision, because she’s going to have to look REALLY good for me to pull the trigger.

Well, she looks REALLY good, so invoice paid. This is such a refreshing change from the usual fare. I don’t have anything in my 1/6 collection like her.

csyeung

csyeung
The outfit looks really nice in the video and I agree that removing the hair strand is probably for the best. I remember in other forums the manufacturer listened to the collectors and noted the change.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Everything looks pretty good on it except the massive zipper pull, and the hair looks a bit clunky and is too dark. Otherwise, not a bad looking figure.

csyeung

csyeung
Got mine in today and overall I think it turned out great! It looks like the game character. There are some subtle paintwork on the face that I don't think I was able to capture fully but very nice in hand.

In case you are thinking of grabbing the head separately, note that the head is on the smaller side, closer to the ymtoys. The Ms Spetsnaz head below is slightly bigger than this one.

Overall very happy with the purchase. A good representation of Lara Croft. She does look like the new version from the recent games. She comes with her tank top underneath the jacket so you can have a different look if you don't want her in the jacket. The accessories are ok. There are 2 arrows and a bow. The bow does have minor wood grain texture. The pick axes are solid pieces without moving part, the gun has rotating barrel and top part comes swivels a bit. There is a pin that holds it together though so be careful as mine fell out at one point and had to reassemble. I put a bit dab of finish on it so hopefully won't fall out that easily again. The crampons are nice, but they do tend to fall off easily as it's held by a thin string that crosses the front. The textures and tailoring of the soft goods is great. The jacket, pants, gaiter, scarf look to be all well done. I just peeked to see that she had the green tank top, didn't bother taking jacket off as the zipper is hard to zip even with the large pull tab.

Minor nit picks, her ice screws are one piece and can't clip onto her belt harness which is a solid plastic piece. Luckily most of it is assembled for you already. I had to use a jump ring to attach the ice screws and thread the rope so she can have it on her belt. The knife doesn't have anywhere to sheathe into so I just stuck it in the harness on the back. The gun holster is a solid piece that just holds the revolver so the gun tends to fall out easily if you tilt her.

I think I covered most of it, Luckily I got most of my shots before my ring light died. I gotta find a new one. Anyone have any recommendations?

NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 2 Dsc05011
NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 2 Dsc05012
NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 2 Dsc05010
NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 2 Dsc05013
NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 2 Dsc05111
NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 2 Dsc05110

This picture is in case you would like to see Ms Spetsnaz head on it, works pretty good to me! Also I think the head is more in proportion to the body.

NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 2 Dsc05016

this pic is for Mark, the pull tab does have a split here that you can pry and take off the zipper if you like. I get that it can be an eyesore as it's pretty big, but it does also help zip/unzip the jacket better hehe, especially for my fat fingers, haha.

NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 2 Dsc05015

This is just me goofing around and had her pick axe just clinging to the mat board. I took the pic quickly, although it did hold for at least a couple minutes.

NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 2 Dsc05017

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Functionality is a very good thing. Even if Mark can get persnickety about some details. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the thorough review, Craig, and your overall thoughts on the figure. My next “persnickety” nitpick is the ponytail should have been real hair (much the way Asmus does the combination sculpted/rooted), so that it could lay normally.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
True. And if it were doable, maybe all "real" hair.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, it’s not like we haven’t seen real hair with a ponytail.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Maybe they should have gone the route that Genesis did with KOF Mai and offered interchangeable real hair and sculpted ponytails.   As I’m sure it will surprise no one, but I prefer the sculpted.

This is what I’m personally going to need in the future from 1/6.   I’m not spending $250+ anymore when I can get something this nice for $170 shipped.  I think my limit from here on out is going to be around the $200 mark.  If that means I only get a few figures a year, so be it.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Mine arrived today.  I absolutely love her.  There’s really not much I can say that csyeung didn’t already cover.  For me, this is proof that you don’t need a $70 seamless body and scanty clad outfits to create a beautiful, strong, and compelling female figure.   She is a freaking STEAL at $170 shipped.

Also, a special shout out to the packaging.  It’s light and compact.   I don’t know about everyone else, but I’ve had enough of these gargantuan boxes that are virtually impossible to store.  Like the figure itself, sometimes less is more.

csyeung

csyeung
Threw together an in hand unboxing and review!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a pretty thorough review, Craig. Nice job on that. Honestly, I opened mine to check everything was there and okay, and back in the box she went. I may just sell mine.

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote: Honestly, I opened mine to check everything was there and okay, and back in the box she went. I may just sell mine.

Ack sorry that this piece didn't work for you. Probably for the best that you move it along and get some money back, especially with all the incoming figures in the near future.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the review, Craig.
She looks very good and overall it seems like a very nice set. I laughed out loud when you wrote exactly what I was thinking, the same thing under both Pros and Cons -- about the large zipper tab (sometimes these can be turned up and tucked inward, making them largely invisible). I don't know how accurate this is to the source because I'm not familiar with the games (just the movies), but I take your word for it. I think what Mark is responding to is that while it is a perfectly good representation, it just lacks a certain wow factor that one might expect from Lara as an action hero. Even the face is so neutral (and normally somewhat neutral is advisable) that it ends up a little boring (not good for an action hero, I suppose). As for the outfit, this is a utilitarian look, excellent for a random character, much of it even suitable for a civilian or a semi-nerdy scientist. It is also what an action hero might wear in-between iconic scenes and appearances. Or so we are conditioned, I guess. I will probably get some of the items if I see them parted out.

csyeung

csyeung
I get it from Mark's POV. Sometimes you order a figure and when it gets in you're not particularly as super excited about it anymore. The zipper can be hidden under the flap a bit or inside like you say. A little work and you can probably pry it off as there's a little gap in the ring that attaches to the main zipper. Once off though, will be tough to move the zipper though. Thanks for watching the vid Ian!

This is how the outfit looks in game. I'm not an expert so it looks close enough to it for me. Note there is a beanie and snow goggles which would have been a couple cool extra accessories.

NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 2 Expedi10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You are welcome. Again, thank you for the video review, which was very detailed and professionally done.
Looks very accurate to the image you posted. I agree about the beanie and goggles. By the way, with the loose hair strands and the eyes, the game character's head looks more convincing than the figure's. Like I said, neutral is good in principle (otherwise you end up with an overly specific look), but somehow they managed to overdo it. Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Yea i remember the first prototype and (of course I know many in this forum would prefer rooted hair including me) the sculpted strand looked pretty bad on this version because they couldn't get it very thin that it just covered her right face. MT doesn't have the advancement that HT does to maintain super thin strands in sculpted form. In the end I still would have prefered a rooted version. I mean the Miss Spetsnaz head does it very well I think and it was braided too!

I do get you with the neutral expression. Sometimes I'd like these characters to have a little furrow to make them a bit more serious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum