OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thank you for the review, Craig.
She looks very good and overall it seems like a very nice set. I laughed out loud when you wrote exactly what I was thinking, the same thing under both Pros and Cons -- about the large zipper tab (sometimes these can be turned up and tucked inward, making them largely invisible). I don't know how accurate this is to the source because I'm not familiar with the games (just the movies), but I take your word for it. I think what Mark is responding to is that while it is a perfectly good representation, it just lacks a certain wow factor that one might expect from Lara as an action hero. Even the face is so neutral (and normally somewhat neutral is advisable) that it ends up a little boring (not good for an action hero, I suppose). As for the outfit, this is a utilitarian look, excellent for a random character, much of it even suitable for a civilian or a semi-nerdy scientist. It is also what an action hero might wear in-between iconic scenes and appearances. Or so we are conditioned, I guess. I will probably get some of the items if I see them parted out.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

csyeung

I get it from Mark's POV. Sometimes you order a figure and when it gets in you're not particularly as super excited about it anymore. The zipper can be hidden under the flap a bit or inside like you say. A little work and you can probably pry it off as there's a little gap in the ring that attaches to the main zipper. Once off though, will be tough to move the zipper though. Thanks for watching the vid Ian!

This is how the outfit looks in game. I'm not an expert so it looks close enough to it for me. Note there is a beanie and snow goggles which would have been a couple cool extra accessories.

NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 3 Expedi10

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
You are welcome. Again, thank you for the video review, which was very detailed and professionally done.
Looks very accurate to the image you posted. I agree about the beanie and goggles. By the way, with the loose hair strands and the eyes, the game character's head looks more convincing than the figure's. Like I said, neutral is good in principle (otherwise you end up with an overly specific look), but somehow they managed to overdo it. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

csyeung

Yea i remember the first prototype and (of course I know many in this forum would prefer rooted hair including me) the sculpted strand looked pretty bad on this version because they couldn't get it very thin that it just covered her right face. MT doesn't have the advancement that HT does to maintain super thin strands in sculpted form. In the end I still would have prefered a rooted version. I mean the Miss Spetsnaz head does it very well I think and it was braided too!

I do get you with the neutral expression. Sometimes I'd like these characters to have a little furrow to make them a bit more serious.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Yea i remember the first prototype and (of course I know many in this forum would prefer rooted hair including me) the sculpted strand looked pretty bad on this version because they couldn't get it very thin that it just covered her right face. MT doesn't have the advancement that HT does to maintain super thin strands in sculpted form. In the end I still would have prefered a rooted version. I mean the Miss Spetsnaz head does it very well I think and it was braided too!
Very true. I forgot about that prototype, to be honest. But, yes, I'm rooted all the way. Even if it requires product to manage. Funny, since you mentioned it, but something I received from Etsy yesterday arrived with a complimentary red beanie.

csyeung

csyeung
that's super awesome! I love tiny accessories like hats that you can put on different characters and you can't beat free!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:that's super awesome! I love tiny accessories like hats that you can put on different characters and you can't beat free!
I agree. You can be sure I'd leave a lovely review.

brassco

brassco
NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 3 Rise-of-the-tomb-raider

Lara Croft from the game series Rise of the Tomb Raider...close but didn't exactly capture the essence...any 3rd party HS again?

ukshaun

ukshaun
I keep looking at this figure..
..i know i want it Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:I keep looking at this figure..
..i know i want it Smile

You can have mine.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 3 C8485110

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:
ukshaun wrote:I keep looking at this figure..
..i know i want it Smile

You can have mine.

You don't like it?
There are a few on ebay from China with free shipping.
I doubt you will be able to compete with that when it comes to shipping Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh, I probably could. The best thing would be to remove it from the original, large box, and package things up into a smaller box to cut down on shipping — and by doing that I can sell at cost (including shipping).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Master Team: 010 1/6 Scale Lara Action Figure - Page 3 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum