OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Diana

Cisco, thank you for those photos. They help already. So she is not overly tall, but not overly short either. That's nice. Smile

Randam Hajile

I'm still on the fence concerning these bodies. I really like the overall body shapes, and I found fitting clothes for both, but posing them is still problematic. More often than not, I end up with poses that don't quite look right, as ankle and hip joints don't move the way I would like them to...

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 - Page 5 52641512422_0e9ca61016_kCyberpunk Katana squad by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

I wish TBLeague would produce something like these bodies, because posing their bodies is still so much superior.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice photo, Ralf. I’m still on the fence about these, and I love WB bodies as my go-to jointed for the males. Maybe once I see one in-hand, it’ll change…

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I agree, beautiful photo, Ralf.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Diana

Diana
They look gorgeous! But I'm hardly willing to compromise on articulation and stability so I understand your judgment. I hope TBL are taking note. How amazing that would be.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I still think it would be worth having at least one of each model, for variety purposes, but yeah, I don't think they would be something I'd be *replacing* tbleague bodies with anytime soon. ; )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

gooboo

Some comparison photos between this body, a Phicen, and the POPToys xing body. Turns out this torso has even less articulation than the xing body. You can bend it farther yourself, but it will bounce back due to the stiffness of the rubber torso. I wasn't expecting Phicen levels of flexibility, but I have to say I was a little disappointed at the stiffness of the torso.

As I mentioned earlier it's an aesthetic improvement over the xing body, but after playing around with it some more I would argue it's actually a step backwards in terms of articulation.

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 - Page 5 Wb410

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 - Page 5 Wb510

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 - Page 5 Wb610

Valiarde

Valiarde
Very informative comparison and well done pics! The second pic is kinda shocking

But the body still has a great shape when you see them side by side on the first pic. Depending on the poses you wanna make, it can be good enough...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's bizarre because I feel like there is little point in making the torso out of rubber if there is not going to be much articulation there. I honestly would have prefered to have a nicely sculpted body that was all plastic for once, but ah well. I do think it still has its uses. : )

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m guessing it’s for all those midriff baring clothes, but it could still be done with hard plastic based on the overall design of the body. Perhaps it’s to also to avoid the inevitable “shine” of hard plastic…?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 - Page 5 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Perhaps, but the male worldbox bodies aren't shiny.....are they?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Perhaps, but the male worldbox bodies aren't shiny.....are they?

No, they are not. You are correct. So, then, honestly, there really isn’t a reason for it…

He who dies with the most toys wins!

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 - Page 5 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, gooboo's photo confirms it. The size is a definite plus. Othersiwe, TBLeague strangely leads in articulation.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
There are things I like about this worldbox body but then things I don't. The hand sculpts are quite nice, as are the knee and legs (when standing straight at least). But the hips seem a bit weird, at least on this smaller of the two models. I prefer the hip shape of the PopToys body.

gooboo

The thigh gap is too exaggerated on the Worldbox model, that's what I think looks too weird about it. The xing body definitely has better hips. But I agree the hand and feet sculpts of the worldbox body look better than both Phicen's and POPToys.

amfx74

The AT-201 works well as a replacement body for Hot Toys Baby Doll. The Tan colour is a good match, just added a touch more red. The ankles need drilling out a fraction to fit the Hot Toys pegs. I am very pleased as the outfit fits well, maybe a touch tight around the bust. She can now bend her arms past 90° to get the iconic pistol holding pose. Height is almost spot on for Emily. Neck looks long in photo, not like that in person. 2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 - Page 5 Img_2010

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's always nice when a body works out so well with an outfit! She does look good. Thanks for sharing. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, that swap turned out very well.

foreveryoung

Cisco Von Drackenn wrote:
Diana wrote:Wow! More stunning photos, and especially that last one, Cisco. She looks fantastic!! And that head of course is a stunner. I love you

How tall are these compared to the S23 or S29 or S25?

Sorry Diana, quick photos, I didn't have time to put them in a neutral pose  Crying or Very sad , but I hope they are useful to you

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 - Page 5 52642693055_4a001f1ac2_k
Nicole the Pumpkin is S39B

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 - Page 5 52642729733_f98a5426bd_k
Francine is S25B, she wears the same boots, but since she is arched due to the pose it is not well appreciated, however I think the Wordbox AT201 is a little higher

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 - Page 5 52642255691_8f16c068b7_k
Jill shows off the classic s12d

The heel of the Black Widow boots is 1 cm high (0.393701 inches)

Mind if I ask what where you using on the S25B body (second pic)?

Cisco Von Drackenn

Cisco Von Drackenn
foreveryoung wrote:
Mind if I ask what where you using on the S25B body (second pic)?

Hello how are you?, ok from the waist up is the Freddy Krueger girl set from Ymtoys. The leather leggings and boots are generic that I bought on aliexpress and the head is verycool "Emma Watson" Cool

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Has anyone tried to use the hands from these Worldbox bodies on a TBLeague normal body?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:Has anyone tried to use the hands from these Worldbox bodies on a TBLeague normal body?
I don't remember, but I think they work. What I do remember is that the male feet do work (with the female feet, there have been two different foot pegs, so it might depend on that).

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
My At202 body just arrived. I simply loved the proportions, especially from the legs, and I appreciate even more the hands and feet fine details seeing it in-hand (no punnintendo).

Now I wanna know if the shoulder joint is really that stiff or it's a problem with my copy. I struggled A LOT to raise and lower the arms sideways just by a little. I'm afraid to break the joint from the force I have to make to move it.

Also, damn, those broad hips, plump badonkadonk and rigid thunder thighs pose a challenge to dress them up. I got no clothes that go through it. She's gonna remain "the same way as she came to this world" for a while... unless... how easily can I detach and reattach the legs? Gotta build up the courage to try it out. Also, gotta try those hands on a TBL. Wish me luck.

As for articulation, in my opinion, it's a mix of hit and miss.
* The joints hold well any position you leave 'em.
* The torso part is pretty decent. The chest part moves really well sideways and back and forth. The abdomen/hips part is rigid.
* The knees and elbows are double jointed and go 90º, a position TBL/Phicen bodies struggle to achieve, much less hold (also are dangerous to tear the skin if you force it).
* In regard to arms, it's perfect, I have no complaints, aside from the overtly stiff shoulder, that I still don't know if it's my bad luck.
* The legs, however, have limited flexibility. They have pretty decent side spread movement, but can't go forward or back very far, cuz the rubber from the hips get in the way. Also no thigh movement, so you can't twist the legs.

Lastly, I wanna say that, unfortunately, the YMToys YMT055 headsculpt hole is too small, doesn't fit the neck peg. Sad, cuz proportion wise, the HS looks nice.

All in all, it's a beautiful body with an unfortunate limited leg movement. Hope they fix this on a future release, cuz it has a lot of potential, so close to be perfect.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I picked up an AT201 a little while back and wanted to get familiar with how it worked, moved, and came apart before I made any judgement.

My first impression was "glad I only paid $40 for this." I was underwhelmed to say the least. Some of it is shock factor coming from seamless to jointed, but some of it was also in the already noted articulation (it is not TBL, but it has its merits).

The joints are also very stiff on mine, but not so bad that I think they'll break from moving them. The torso/chest on mine wants to stay loose, which is a bit obnoxious. The feet and hands are fantastic.

After some time I have grown to enjoy it. I found her a kind of gym-adjacent outfit (I don't own any pants that fit the hips, which is a thing) and made the mental connection that this is more a jumbo Figma than anything. I love Figmas, so that worked wonders for me.

All in all, after some time, she is now my #2 fav body overall. I have pre-ordered the AT203 and one of each for the chest swap parts so I can customize as needed. I love that they are doing that and it is a great move on Worldbox's part.

Here are some quick, basic photos with the headsculpt she now has:

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 - Page 5 Doal2811

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 - Page 5 Doal2812

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you liked her after all. Those hips are an obstacle, but not insurmountable.

Diana

Diana
That is one beautiful body (if you don't care about visible joints). The thigh gap looks a little ridiculous to me. Is this something that can be adjusted at the hip joints? Nevermind. Found the answer in the other thread. Smile

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
GubernatorFan wrote:Glad you liked her after all. Those hips are an obstacle, but not insurmountable.

I am open to recommendations for them! While I don't mind creating character specific clothing, I don't exactly have the time to make everything else on top of the character specific stuff. I haven't browsed the clothing thread in awhile...have there been any updates that include this body, or just something somewhere? I know stretchy is always the best option, but they gotta stretch well.

Diana wrote:That is one beautiful body (if you don't care about visible joints). The thigh gap looks a little ridiculous to me. Is this something that can be adjusted at the hip joints? Nevermind. Found the answer in the other thread. Smile

Ha! Yeah, the thigh gap is ridiculous. Not as bad with clothing thankfully, though still comical. And just to be certain, the answer you found is it really isn't something you can adjust, right? Curious if I am missing something.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MeMyself&I wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Glad you liked her after all. Those hips are an obstacle, but not insurmountable.

I am open to recommendations for them! While I don't mind creating character specific clothing, I don't exactly have the time to make everything else on top of the character specific stuff. I haven't browsed the clothing thread in awhile...have there been any updates that include this body, or just something somewhere? I know stretchy is always the best option, but they gotta stretch well.
You know these BB(?) ski sniper girl sets? I was able to stuff the smaller of the two bodies (I forget whether it was 201 or 202) in the clothing.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The thigh gap wouldn't be an issue if using for a figure in a gown, which is something I might consider it for....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum