OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

skywalkersaga

I'm guessing the 'curvy' body in this instance is probably actually much less curvy or difficult to clothe than some of the more recent tbleague bodies.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I'm guessing the 'curvy' body in this instance is probably actually much less curvy or difficult to clothe than some of the more recent tbleague bodies.

Oh yes! And of course those have that "anti-slide" TPE surface to contend with. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

FreakinLobster

The delicate details on those hands and feet are incredible. Hope TBL catches up with that.
I also wish TBL would make a body with the proportions of this at202 body, with broader hips. Jointed bodies still struggle with some key articulations, like crossing legs or approaching arms.
Regarding skin tone, my last hope is that those hands and feet match TBL color, at least a bit.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:The delicate details on those hands and feet are incredible. Hope TBL catches up with that.
I also wish TBL would make a body with the proportions of this at202 body, with broader hips. Jointed bodies still struggle with some key articulations, like crossing legs or approaching arms.
Regarding skin tone, my last hope is that those hands and feet match TBL color, at least a bit.
I meant to comment (though others have done that before in reference to their male body sets) about the excellent detail on the hands and feet. They really are very finely sculpted. The thing is that one of the reasons that is so apparent is the shinier nature of the plastic -- so if you want to use these on TBLeague bodies, you'd have to repaint them anyway, at the very least to dull the shine.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

csyeung

csyeung
It's so hard to tell the color of this, but if the suntan is similar to their male counterparts and hand sets, this would be on the slightly darker side of suntan, a bit closer to hot toys skin tone. Worldbox hand set i have is darker than poptoys suntan.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
From the photos, it does strike me as more akin to the colour of the Hot Toys female bodies. Which can have its uses...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oh I LOVE these, especially the curvier one! 2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 - Page 2 1f60d The joints are a bit ugly, especially the knees from the back, but I’d rather have guaranteed flexibility than weird looking pinched ‘skin’ around the joints. I wish more companies would do their visible joints like the Obitsu 24cm bodies, they’ve got really natural and subtle looking articulation without sacrificing movement.

Out of interest, has anyone ever successfully dyed a Worldbox body? I’ve been looking for the ideal figure to customise to my current D&D character; a rather strikingly blue tiefling, and I don’t like seamless bodies. The A202 would be perfect for her!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I feel like the Worldbox bodies would be able to be painted? They are hard material, hard plastic or even ceramic, I think. But of course if you don't want the joint area to rub, then I understand looking for an alternative solution. I'm going to try to paint one when I get one of these. : )

gooboo

I've seen videos on youtube of people using Rit synthetic dye to color hard plastic bodies- I don't see why that couldn't work on these as well.

weskerfan5690

Hopefully they make taller and more muscular female bodies, because those are the types I want for any female figures I make.

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
I knew this was in the works. I love WorldBox male bodies, and was excited for this. It seems to not hold the same appeal for me I had hoped since transitioning to Phicen females. However I have to agree, and echo that the natural build is lovely.

I do love worldbox as a brand so I will probably get at least one.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:I'm thinking the torsos look more like hard material than rubber. Usually WorldBox just does hard plastic (or 'ceramic'?) , right?  The photos don't show them bending at the waist, which is why I am thinking that.

Yep, the later male torsos are made of a (very) hard, heavy plastic that does feel 'ceramic' (but isn't), hence the 'crazy durable' tag, while the hands and feet tend to be made of a softer and slightly more flexible plastic. This 'heavy' plastic can make them a little stiff and difficult to pose in my experience, but once you have posed them they can take the strain for a good long time.

I don't see why they wouldn't, but who knows for sure if those qualities will translate to these female bodies.

The joints are certainly ugly (and so I don't always see the point of such fine detailing on these bodies), but as with the male bodies, they'll hopefully be excellent for fully-clothed characters.

mercury_80

Hello, I just registered to reply to this post.
I just discovered onesixth figures recently and bought one after reading posts here!

This one popped up recently on my socials.
Rather than dressing up, we draw anime-styled drawings and primarily want to use one-sixth figures for pose-references!

We are aware that the waist being fixed limits the possibilities a lot, but (unfortunately) I think this one has the best body that accommodates to the deformed body ratio we are accustomed to.

I refrained from buying TBLeagues S36/S37 (the anime one, though still tempted to buy due to superior number of joints compared to this one) because the shoulders are too broad compared to the waist and this one feels just right!

If TBleague releases a short model with narrow shoulders and a slightly narrower waist, with the hips joints/the widest part of the legs just slightly narrower than the shoulders(well similar to this one ha), I think a LOT of us will scramble for one.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
mercury_80 wrote:Hello, I just registered to reply to this post.
I just discovered onesixth figures recently and bought one after reading posts here!...

I refrained from buying TBLeagues S36/S37 (the anime one, though still tempted to buy due to superior number of joints compared to this one) because the shoulders are too broad compared to the waist and this one feels just right!

If TBleague releases a short model with narrow shoulders and a slightly narrower waist, with the hips joints/the widest part of the legs just slightly narrower than the shoulders(well similar to this one ha), I think a LOT of us will scramble for one.

I'm glad this forum has been helpful (and welcome aboard).

In terms of what you are looking for, have you considered the S44/45 bodies? They are petite (same height as S24/25), have fairly narrow shoulders and tiny waists, without being specifically advertised as anime. I'm not much of a fan of this model, but it might possibly work for your purposes.
Here is the catalog thread: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

Ovy

Ovy
Yeah I trust in Worldbox hat these will be very durable and good to pose. Also don't think they will use 'rubber' material.

There really is no 'definite' female jointed body out there, I compared some budget bodies some time ago, but never got around to translate/censor it for this forum:
(Page 2 has Illusion testing the Xing bodies)
http://forum.action-figure-district.de/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2760

While verycool bodies come closest, articulation is limited and don't reach male Coo bodies' possibility for example.

I guess the World Box bodies will have pricing similar to the seamless ones, they also paint them. An unpainted, cheaper, more functional but durable female jointed body for clothed figures would be nice.

Lynkhart wrote:Oh I LOVE these, especially the curvier one!  2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 - Page 2 1f60d The joints are a bit ugly, especially the knees from the back, but I’d rather have guaranteed flexibility than weird looking pinched ‘skin’ around the joints. I wish more companies would do their visible joints like the Obitsu 24cm bodies, they’ve got really natural and subtle looking articulation without sacrificing movement.

Out of interest, has anyone ever successfully dyed a Worldbox body? I’ve been looking for the ideal figure to customise to my current D&D character; a rather strikingly blue tiefling, and I don’t like seamless bodies. The A202 would be perfect for her!
Someone here made a custom Biggie and as far as I remember dyed the World box body for it, although not sure were it was posted, probably in the tbleauge dying thread.

1 pair of gunmen
Now that sounds like a bargain

Diana

Diana
mercury_80 wrote:Rather than dressing up, we draw anime-styled drawings and primarily want to use one-sixth figures for pose-references!

We are aware that the waist being fixed limits the possibilities a lot, but (unfortunately) I think this one has the best body that accommodates to the deformed body ratio we are accustomed to.

Welcome to the board! Nice of you to join! Smile

I came into this hobby for the same reason, so I have a variety of bodies by now. I do like the S37 as an anime body. Did you see the recent Sailor Moon release? It is being made exactly for this body, and with all that shoulder fluff stuff the shoulders look just right. What a Face

And don't forget the 1/12 anime bodies! I never got one of those, but I think they do look great and are a little cheaper than the 1/6 bodies. And due to the smaller size they are also easier to photograph.

mercury_80

GubernatorFan wrote:
In terms of what you are looking for, have you considered the S44/45 bodies? They are petite (same height as S24/25), have fairly narrow shoulders and tiny waists, without being specifically advertised as anime. I'm not much of a fan of this model, but it might possibly work for your purposes.
Here is the catalog thread: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

Thank you and thanks for all your work! Your writings should help a lot for everyone new to this!

I actually did buy the S44 after careful speculation of what's available in the market.
Just like you mentioned their body proportions seem to fit my description the most without getting to out of hand!
I think the S36 took account of one piece's female characters, which have ridiculous waistlines even for the anime genre.

mercury_80

Diana wrote:
mercury_80 wrote:Rather than dressing up, we draw anime-styled drawings and primarily want to use one-sixth figures for pose-references!

Welcome to the board! Nice of you to join! Smile

I came into this hobby for the same reason, so I have a variety of bodies by now. I do like the S37 as an anime body. Did you see the recent Sailor Moon release? It is being made exactly for this body, and with all that shoulder fluff stuff the shoulders look just right. What a Face

And don't forget the 1/12 anime bodies! I never got one of those, but I think they do look great and are a little cheaper than the 1/6 bodies. And due to the smaller size they are also easier to photograph.

Nice to see something in this for the same reason!

Maybe I'll get a S36/37 eventually, mostly due to curiosity. I'm not a big sailor moon fan but it's nice to hear they actually took something from "source materials" before making them.
Maybe I can check the latest sailor moon to understand this body more Very Happy

As for the 1/12, this post from a Taiwanese forum has the most photos I could find online. They definitely seemed more versatile than what I had expected. Maybe considering getting one or two, having a set of 2+ bodies may help with composition.

Although the important parts have been censored, the posing and overall photos should be considered NSFW
https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=60036&snA=56949

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Curious if there was any sign of these yet? I'm keen to see how the curvier one in particular turns out.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
No idea, Sky, haven't seen them out.

gooboo

From a brand representative on BBICN-

"Brand information: The worldbox female body is being accelerated, and will be shipped in batches in the scheduled order in late December; players who have not booked are not guaranteed to eat the existing stock, thank you!"

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
God bless machine translation.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Eating the stock...

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 - Page 2 0025fecfb815a0ba39dde00578cb4bc71452256888

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL! Thanks for the info. Guess I needed to preorder one in order to be 'guaranteed' to get one by that time. But I don't really 'do' pre-orders til I see things in-hand, so.... ah well.

gooboo

I pre ordered a thin tan body, but not the curvy one. Whenever I get mine I'll post pictures for people to look at.

gooboo

Got my shipping notice from Giantoy this morning. Will post pictures when it arrives.

Also, Giantoy has these listed in-stock now for those who wnated a figure but didn't pre order.

csyeung

csyeung
gooboo wrote:Got my shipping notice from Giantoy this morning. Will post pictures when it arrives.

Also, Giantoy has these listed in-stock now for those who wnated a figure but didn't pre order.

I never ordered, but looking forward to see how these turned out!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What I am mainly curious about is the compatibility of the necks with various 1/6 scale headsculpts. Because of how frustrating the male Worldbox bodies can be in that regard, I am just hoping it doesn't turn out to be an issue with these as well.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I got the bodies today and made a few snapshots...

The pictures are pixelated but still NSFW. Click on the spoiler to see...

Worldbox girl figures:

All heads that I tested fit the neck peg. Joints are quite stiff, making posing relatively difficult. As a notable flaw, the ankles do not feature ball joints. The torso is made out of soft rubbery material like other jointed bodies (no hard plastic like the male bodies). Overall the build quality appears OK, but not as sturdy as the male counterparts. Feet and hands are sculpted very nicely.

It will likely be difficult to find fitting pants/clothes for the version with wider hips. I did not expect that the butt would be so massive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum