OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

gooboo

AT201-

- The lead height is about 26cm
- Compatible with 90% of the women's neckless head carvings in the market
- Five hand types, respectively
1 pair of natural hands
1 pair holding hands
1 pair of gunmen
1 Contrasting heart hand
1 pair of stretch hands
- Two pairs of feet, suitable for rubber shoes and cloth shoes
1 pair of natural flat feet
1 pair of heels

AT202-

- The lead height is about 27cm
- Compatible with 90% of the women's neckless head carvings in the market
- Five hand types, respectively
1 pair of natural hands
1 pair holding hands
1 pair of gunmen
1 Contrasting heart hand
1 pair of stretch hands
- Two pairs of feet, suitable for rubber shoes and cloth shoes
1 pair of natural flat feet
1 pair of heels

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig310

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig210

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig110

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig610

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig510

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig410

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig910

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig810

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig710

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig1210

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig1110

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig1010

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig1510

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig1410

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig1310

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig1810

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig1710

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig1610

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig2010

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 Fig1910

gooboo

Here's something new- some new jointed female bodies. I'm mostly interested in seamless action figures, but I think I might pick up a copy of each of these body types whenever they come out. The overall shape is pretty nice.

I just wonder how flexible the rubber material used for the torso will really be. Poptoys' XING body looks really nice, but the rubber in the torso isn't actually all that flexible, limiting the poses the jointed figure can actually hold.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
These definitely have a certain appeal, despite the ugly joints, they at least have a very feminine and natural build, as opposed to the anime or comic book style bodies offered by TBLeague.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Those look promising. The shape /sculpts are way nicer and more natural looking than anything tbleague does. I could certainly find some uses for them.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

gooboo

I agree about the shapes of the bodies. I'd like to try my hand at making some seamless figures with these kinds of body shapes at some point in the future.

csyeung

csyeung
Definitely more natural shapes. I do like the hand sculpts as well. I presume one is suntan and one is pale, although suntan looks darker and pale looks pinker thank tbleagues.

gooboo

Yes I'm curious to see how these colors match up with the typical TBLeague colors.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's always hard to tell for sure just by the pics.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It was about time they tried. I find an open-jointed hard-plastic female body difficult to imagine at this point, but despite the ugliness of the joints, the body sculpt is definitely attractive and more realistically so than most seamless bodies out there. For fully clothed figures the open joints would not be a significant issue. And World Box has always had nicely sculpted hands and feet.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
These look better than the poptoys ones (which I've bought 2 off, one day I'll show em) I might get one if an idea pops up where I need one.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! 2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 1f60e

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Generally I'm a fan of Worldbox's male bodies (and I'm certainly a fan of their design ethic which is far superior to TBLeague's extremely narrow palette) and it's about time WB tried some female bodies. These look very nice indeed and as usual the hands and feet are exquistely designed and sculpted. It'll be interesting to see if the 'spares' will match with any TBL bodies.

My only gripe with these bodies at this stage is of course that they aren't seamless, but you never know - their production might give TBL the kick up the butt it needs to keep producing more realistic bodies like their S46/47.

I'll certainly get at least one of each of these, most likely when soaring prices discourage me from buying more full sets (we're nearly there now). They definitely won't usurp TBL bodies for me yet, but I might find them more useful for my needs than the female Jiaou bodies.

DJ

DJ
Ordering these for sure! Not a fan of seamless bodies.

johntamph

Id like this better if they did this sculpt, proportions, seamless arms and legs that Poptoys did.

Diana

Diana
These are gorgeous! Love the shape. I might just buy at least one just to send a signal to the market (meaning TBL). But in all honesty I have no use for a jointed body. And it'll be hard to find pants to match those curves (without being stretchy and skin tight, thereby revealing the joints), so it would likely be covered up with baggy pants or a dress/skirt anyway.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
The body proportions are really nice on both bodies. If WB uses their typical hard plastic material on them, they would possibly be the most durable female bodies on the market. I think I will get a bunch...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:The body proportions are really nice on both bodies. If WB uses their typical hard plastic material on them, they would possibly be the most durable female bodies on the market. I think I will get a bunch...

Agreed. WB easily makes the best jointed male bodies on the market, so for fully clothed figures these should be awesome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm thinking the torsos look more like hard material than rubber. Usually WorldBox just does hard plastic (or 'ceramic'?) , right? The photos don't show them bending at the waist, which is why I am thinking that.

blackpool

blackpool
An interesting option to my eyes, mainly because of the bodyshape that feels very natural!

On the articulation side tho, the knees and elbows are really ugly, I still think poptoys xing bodies are the best option for jointed bodies... I'll probably grab one just to see!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I'm thinking the torsos look more like hard material than rubber. Usually WorldBox just does hard plastic (or 'ceramic'?) , right?  The photos don't show them bending at the waist, which is why I am thinking that.

blackpool wrote:An interesting option to my eyes, mainly because of the bodyshape that feels very natural!

On the articulation side tho, the knees and elbows are really ugly, I still think poptoys xing bodies are the best option for jointed bodies... I'll probably grab one just to see!

I confess I'm behind on hard plastic open-jointed female bodies, since TBLeague and to a lesser extent Jiaou Doll have made so much and I have prioritized those. I picked up a couple of the Pop Toys ones to experiment with ... and haven't gotten around to it, although there would be various outfits where they should work. These do have a great overall shape and design, and more alternative hands than usual. It just struck me, however, that there is a fairly startling omission. Unlike many other female bodies, these sets do not seem to include the high-heel feet. And yes, Sky, WB is usually all hard (and very durable) plastic. They have occasionally experimented with alternate arms in seamless rubbery sleeves.

csyeung

csyeung
There is a pair of high heel feet included, I don't think there is a picture here, but some of the other production photos online have them. I'll try to find one to include. One thing I do notice is that it may be harder to find pants for the wider hipped version. In my experience, many of the regular pants and jeans tend to be super tight on the poptoys like bodies, so I can only imagine how they are for the wider hips.

Edit: here is picture of the two pairs of feet that come with them.

2 - Worldbox GIRLS BODY (jointed female figure) at201/202 17015410

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, Craig. Yes, it would have been a curious omission, glad they thought of that. Makes sense now. Wish they (or other companies) similarly remembered to include bent-toe feet for male figures, but I haven't seen anyone do it since ACI (except for a very slight variant foot by Jiaou, that is practically useless).

I agree, curvier bodies are often a challenge to clothe in this scale. And, although in general the clothes would slip on more smoothly over hard plastic, they would have less give in tight spots. I think part of the answer ought to be stretchier material for the clothing.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm guessing the 'curvy' body in this instance is probably actually much less curvy or difficult to clothe than some of the more recent tbleague bodies.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I'm guessing the 'curvy' body in this instance is probably actually much less curvy or difficult to clothe than some of the more recent tbleague bodies.

Oh yes! And of course those have that "anti-slide" TPE surface to contend with. Smile

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
The delicate details on those hands and feet are incredible. Hope TBL catches up with that.
I also wish TBL would make a body with the proportions of this at202 body, with broader hips. Jointed bodies still struggle with some key articulations, like crossing legs or approaching arms.
Regarding skin tone, my last hope is that those hands and feet match TBL color, at least a bit.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:The delicate details on those hands and feet are incredible. Hope TBL catches up with that.
I also wish TBL would make a body with the proportions of this at202 body, with broader hips. Jointed bodies still struggle with some key articulations, like crossing legs or approaching arms.
Regarding skin tone, my last hope is that those hands and feet match TBL color, at least a bit.
I meant to comment (though others have done that before in reference to their male body sets) about the excellent detail on the hands and feet. They really are very finely sculpted. The thing is that one of the reasons that is so apparent is the shinier nature of the plastic -- so if you want to use these on TBLeague bodies, you'd have to repaint them anyway, at the very least to dull the shine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum